FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Define Love .....?

Define Love .....?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What does love mean to you? How do you define it?

Yes I know this is a swinging site but there is love too, all around us, but how do you define the various aspects of it?

I love my children, my family and my pets without question.

But I love and have loved with all my heart certain men in my life.

I loved my husband and although he was a twat and I divorced him, I still have some residual love for him as he is the father of two of my children, he gave me them so I cannot hate him completely because of our creating those lovely people they now are.

I love my deceased partner because he opened my eyes to what a mutual relationship was supposed to be like, giving and receiving love equally, exploring sexually and growing together plus he gave me my last child, a child I wanted to have with him as he was a loving parent to my other two with never having experienced a baby of his own.

I have loved others, sometimes because of a similar sexual appetite or some because of a mind set and being on the same wave length as them.

They saw me .... the person, faults and all, as I did them .... not what they/I wanted to see.

We may not have been compatible sexually but there remains for me an abiding love nonetheless.

Can you define what it is about your partner that made you fall for them and makes you remain with them today, or if you have loved but lost ...but still think fondly of, and why?

....and yes, again, I reiterate, this is a swinging site but there are many couples I have swung with who are tight emotionally and sexually after many years and there are also couples who have come together because of swinging.

I believe that to swing you have to love and know you are loved in return to share your partner with others, even if it is just soft swing and watching.

Me? I'm being sentimental and open because it's coming up to the anniversary of my partners death yet I feel sure within me we would at some point have been swingers together.

Mock me if you wish those who see no love in swinging. xxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have never been in love so to be honest i dont really know how it feels to be in love

I know the love towards my children and i doubt anything will ever top that

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Love is letting someone accept you for who you are...

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

there are different types of love.

sibling love

the love of a fine cigar

and the love you share with the person you choose to be with.

for me, its the always thinking of them.

never wanting to be apart from them

always looking forward to the next time you see them.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I can't define it but I have felt much of what you describe, Laine. Anniversaries make me reflective too.

Keep on loving, whatever it might be defined as.

Even after all these years swinging I am still amazed at those couples who have invited me into their home and their beds, I have never swung as a couple so do not know the dynamic of such, but I have always been made to feel a part of them and I wonder how their love can encompass others like me?

Love is accepting the little things that annoy you, because they make up the fantastic person you want to be with. Love is that little squeeze of the hand just to let your partner know you're there. Love is being in bed and feeling comfort in the person laying next to you. The butterflies you get when you think of your partner, and anticipation of seeing them.

I truly loved someone who rejected me. It hurt massively and I joined here.

The love for children is unexplained, as you just love them.

Lol, kids you can't sell them can't give them to the circus!

I wonder how many of those who find love on such a site as this after having been with loving couples would wish to share their new partner with another?

Love is in the morning.

If your girl/guy wakes you up with their head in your crotch, you have found love.

"Lol, kids you can't sell them can't give them to the circus!

I wonder how many of those who find love on such a site as this after having been with loving couples would wish to share their new partner with another? "

That would surely depend on the people involved. If you asked 100 people who found love about sharing, you would get many varying answers.

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

easy to answer this,love is mrs p.

"easy to answer this,love is mrs p."

Awwwww how do you share each other with anyone else though?

I remember being in a club with a playmate and he was upstairs with a female. I was sitting at the bar talking to a couple and said I still felt horny, she (Mrs) said to me ... Borrow Mr I don't mind! I did and as we went upstairs my play-pal for the night joined us and went into another room with her (Mrs). It was easy for us as we were not committed to one another but this couple were and had been married for years. I take my hat off to them all. xxx

taunton

"easy to answer this,love is mrs p.

Awwwww how do you share each other with anyone else though?

I remember being in a club with a playmate and he was upstairs with a female. I was sitting at the bar talking to a couple and said I still felt horny, she (Mrs) said to me ... Borrow Mr I don't mind! I did and as we went upstairs my play-pal for the night joined us and went into another room with her (Mrs). It was easy for us as we were not committed to one another but this couple were and had been married for years. I take my hat off to them all. xxx "

hi yep we do play,but only together,married for 31 years never cheated,we both enjoy seeing the look of excitement on our faces.

If i found love.. personally id find it hard to share.

Hats off to those who do xx

LOVE IS A DOG FROM HELL

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

What an awesome opening post!!

I believe it is possible to have different kinds of love for different people, I also believe it is possible to love two partners at the same time and for different reasons. For me love is based on trust and friendship and the feeling that we have something special that we do not share with others, that others may not understand, and it is based on history, compatibility and a few other facets.Sexual pleasure is independent of love and consequently it is possible to let my partner pleasure other women without feeling jealous or concerned. I would not have understood this at the age of 20 or 30 perhaps but then my relationships at that age were different.

Great thread as it is very thought provoking

Love is.....a fuck with a kiss thrown in

"Love is.....a fuck with a kiss thrown in "
as always the deeply romantic

"Love is.....a fuck with a kiss thrown in "

Wow! I didn't realise so many people loved me.

"What an awesome opening post!!

I believe it is possible to have different kinds of love for different people, I also believe it is possible to love two partners at the same time and for different reasons. For me love is based on trust and friendship and the feeling that we have something special that we do not share with others, that others may not understand, and it is based on history, compatibility and a few other facets.Sexual pleasure is independent of love and consequently it is possible to let my partner pleasure other women without feeling jealous or concerned. I would not have understood this at the age of 20 or 30 perhaps but then my relationships at that age were different.

Great thread as it is very thought provoking "

Thank you ...... my mind has been working in overdrive this evening.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

a lovely thread and it seems you have been blessed with special people in your life

"dont weep for what is lost

rejoice that it was found

xxxxx

"a lovely thread and it seems you have been blessed with special people in your life

xxxxx "

Thank you I have been blessed, I also rejoice in the couples who have allowed me to be part of their sex lives too, and am amazed at those who continue to do so. New and not so new.

From one single bi females point of _iew. xxx

"a lovely thread and it seems you have been blessed with special people in your life

xxxxx

Thank you I have been blessed, I also rejoice in the couples who have allowed me to be part of their sex lives too, and am amazed at those who continue to do so. New and not so new.

From one single bi females point of _iew. xxx"

I wonder whether it is you and your sweet nature that makes you naturally acceptable and non threatening to others including couples. Perhaps the vibes you give off allow that feeling of inclusiveness to happen in the first place, in other words maybe you initiate without realising you do? xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Omg what a bad night for you to put this up lol. I was forced (cough cough) into having a large amount of bacardi this evening so here goes.

I thought i knew what love was, i never gave it lightly but could fall in love or so i thought, but it was what i call a top service love, i thought i loved my ex husband but it took three weeks to get over him. I cared for him but it only went so far.

When i met jay we started of as friends neither of us "fancied" the other. But i found him the most interesting person i had ever met, we sent really long emails to each other all the while and really got to know each other, we got to know each other and met a few times one time we met we spent more time just cuddlying than messing abouut(it was unheard of for me to cuddle) we carried on, a year after we first met i invited him here for lunch and as they say the rest is history, without knowing it we had fallen in love with each other, i guess a real old fashioned romance but after knowing him over six years i still love him a little bit more every day.

taunton

"Omg what a bad night for you to put this up lol. I was forced (cough cough) into having a large amount of bacardi this evening so here goes.

I thought i knew what love was, i never gave it lightly but could fall in love or so i thought, but it was what i call a top service love, i thought i loved my ex husband but it took three weeks to get over him. I cared for him but it only went so far.

When i met jay we started of as friends neither of us "fancied" the other. But i found him the most interesting person i had ever met, we sent really long emails to each other all the while and really got to know each other, we got to know each other and met a few times one time we met we spent more time just cuddlying than messing abouut(it was unheard of for me to cuddle) we carried on, a year after we first met i invited him here for lunch and as they say the rest is history, without knowing it we had fallen in love with each other, i guess a real old fashioned romance but after knowing him over six years i still love him a little bit more every day."

hi,lovely story hope you stay together as long as us lol.

I have loved and lost my late partner, and it was he who provided the missing fireworks in my life. He was my best travel companion, and he made certain places magical during our short time together. And I still miss him very much.

I still care dearly for my ex-hubby, however, it is not love, as there is no romantic attachment.

I care dearly for my mum and bro, my dearest friends, and my pets.

Will I find love again? I shall not say never never.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy life to the full, on my own, and with the pets.

And hugs to Laine.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I made my late partner an offer he could not refuse, and I still smile whenever I think of it!

there is no true love only lust...your happy dreams turn to dust..day by day love turns sour ..grey and misrable like a thunder shower..loves an addiction like heroin or booze..play with any of those three your bound to lose...love will drive you crazy and fuck with your brain...are you in love or totally insane..love is infectious but so is the pox...over forty your life is on the rocks...

By *at n michaelCouple  over a year ago

AYRSHIRE

love is.....

for us,having a 3sum with a hot lady in our hotel room and Cat not feeling sick next morning..

love is......a very good question.mick.

Forum Mod

I have thought about this when I read it earlier and Laine I think your post is lovely

I can't answer properly because I don't think I can define love with words if that makes sense?

"love is.....

for us,having a 3sum with a hot lady in our hotel room and Cat not feeling sick next morning..

love is......a very good question.mick.

"

Luvs you both, thank you. xxxx

Love is a perfect blowjob. I'd love any woman who could give me that.... frequently!

"Love is a perfect blowjob. I'd love any woman who could give me that.... frequently! "

succinct as ever Wishy! xxx

"Love is a perfect blowjob. I'd love any woman who could give me that.... frequently!

succinct as ever Wishy! xxx"

Well, I'd hate to be accused of being unpredictable or unreliable.

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

Nothing to say..couldn't possibly top OP xx

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I love beer because it tastes absolutely brilliant innit

In my opinion anyone who can define love has never been in love. Love to me is like life, in that I don't believe that anyone alive can define life.

If we could fully define it then in time there would probably be a day that we would learn to control it, if we could control it we would completely diminish it.

Love to me is not something that can be owned, it cannot be controlled, it isn't chosen, engineered, turned on or turned off.

I believe that love controls you, it owns you, it comes to you or leaves you on it's terms.

The real key for me is I believe that love can define you, but you can't define it.

"In my opinion anyone who can define love has never been in love. Love to me is like life, in that I don't believe that anyone alive can define life.

If we could fully define it then in time there would probably be a day that we would learn to control it, if we could control it we would completely diminish it.

Love to me is not something that can be owned, it cannot be controlled, it isn't chosen, engineered, turned on or turned off.

I believe that love controls you, it owns you, it comes to you or leaves you on it's terms.

The real key for me is I believe that love can define you, but you can't define it. "

Perfect.

"In my opinion anyone who can define love has never been in love. Love to me is like life, in that I don't believe that anyone alive can define life.

The real key for me is I believe that love can define you, but you can't define it.

Perfect."

"there are different types of love.

sibling love

the love of a fine cigar

and the love you share with the person you choose to be with.

for me, its the always thinking of them.

never wanting to be apart from them

always looking forward to the next time you see them. "

Yes, agree 100%! Well put!

Love is Need

"What an awesome opening post!!

Great thread as it is very thought provoking "

For me, a rather thought provoking post in itself!

Interesting your separation of sex, presumably for sexes sake, from sex within a loving relationship!

And also your mention of the green-eyed monster!!

first you must love yourself.

because if you never put yourself first you no longer are a human being.

you become a human doing. and you will never recieve what you give.

humans collect things they really do not want.and when they get angry,tired or find something else which attracts,

you are thrown on the pile of unloved bodies walking away with no place to go.

once you experience the damage love does you tell yourself it will never happen to you again.

but your human after all.

Love is a little word...its the people that make it big

Love is something I would like to feel again. But untill it happens I will carry on doing what I do. Which atm is reading this post feeling all melancholy.

"Love is a feeling transmitted between two people". Our description and it relates to all genders.

have been married for 30 years, had our ups and downs. i dont think any married couple is that happy, you take the rough with the smooth.

if you have only been in a relationship with one man you have nothing to compare it to.

i would miss my hubby if he wasnt there.

i like having a man to look after and care about, and he does the same for me too.

i like the way he makes me feel wanted and needed and think he like that as well.

its good having someone who likes the same things as you do, and that you have certain things in common with.

What the heart once owned it shall never lose .......

That's love it stays with you for ever .. even if they are not there .. as its there in your heart. xxx

Thinks I have been in 'love' a few too many times now!!

Now I just want to live alot more & experiance all the things I wasnt getting when bein in this aperant 'love' and relationships!!

I thought it was supposed to be all about giving & receiving and looking out for each other??

Well I must have been blessed with being royally stupid in the past?!

I gave everything, mentally & physically in the past, and what do I get in return??

Heart ache everytime, Cheated on, lied too, I always forgave more than once, wish I hadnt of and just moved on again, like they did to me!!

Thats prob why I am here lol. And prob dont help my situ any better either now, as Ive prob scorned myself, yet again, before getting anywhere.

I dont want revenge on anyone from my past, Im not that type of person. I am loving, kind, passionate etc. I am probably my own reason of what and who I am, Im not looking to play mind games with anyone, lie, cheat or anything else, I just want to be happier, get out of the rutt I am in, and get my self out & about, make more of my own life, and hopefully share it with many others for many reasons!! Peace out!!

Been thinking quite a bit about this thread. For me, yes, love is about feeling warm and tingly and safe and all that but trust features hugely in my feelings. I've been unfortunate enough to have two people I loved break my trust in them and for me, that was just devastating. To have your belief in someone destroyed is horrible- all you thought they were, turns to a lie. . . Now, I'm so, so lucky to have someone who would never do that and whom I trust implicitly and life is once more good. Xxxxx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Love is Need "

No it isn't

Love is generosity to others.

"What does love mean to you? How do you define it?

Yes I know this is a swinging site but there is love too, all around us, but how do you define the various aspects of it?

I loved my husband and although he was a twat and I divorced him, I still have some residual love for him as he is the father of two of my children, he gave me them so I cannot hate him completely because of our creating those lovely people they now are.

I love my deceased partner because he opened my eyes to what a mutual relationship was supposed to be like, giving and receiving love equally, exploring sexually and growing together plus he gave me my last child, a child I wanted to have with him as he was a loving parent to my other two with never having experienced a baby of his own.

I have loved others, sometimes because of a similar sexual appetite or some because of a mind set and being on the same wave length as them.

They saw me .... the person, faults and all, as I did them .... not what they/I wanted to see.

We may not have been compatible sexually but there remains for me an abiding love nonetheless.

Can you define what it is about your partner that made you fall for them and makes you remain with them today, or if you have loved but lost ...but still think fondly of, and why?

....and yes, again, I reiterate, this is a swinging site but there are many couples I have swung with who are tight emotionally and sexually after many years and there are also couples who have come together because of swinging.

I believe that to swing you have to love and know you are loved in return to share your partner with others, even if it is just soft swing and watching.

Me? I'm being sentimental and open because it's coming up to the anniversary of my partners death yet I feel sure within me we would at some point have been swingers together.

"

Family aside, love to me means hassle. i used to wear my heart on my sleeve but am now much wiser and suppose very cynical.

I cant ever see me doing the full "love" thing anytime soon.

Am resigned to staying single and loveless

Perfect.

"

Thank you.

Even though I don't think you can universally define love I do have my own theory about it, I won't go into that on here because it would take too long. Suffice to say although it's unique for everyone, we all recognize it and know when it has touched our lives.

"Love is Need "

I disagree

"Love is Need

No it isn't

Love is generosity to others."

I should have read the thread to the end before my previous post.

Love is.

That's it.

What more can you say?

Laine, a wonderful forum post & one I (f) read from start to finish. All the best xx

Love is doing the little things that you know the other person would appreciate or enjoy, without being asked.

I miss the intimacy shared between lovers, and I am not talking about sex.

Intimacy such as cooking and eating together, cuddling up on the sofa with a good film on the TV, walking hand in hand in the hills/by the sea, travelling and exploring other countries, sharing visions and planning for the future etc. etc...

On the other hand, I like being my own boss, without having to consider another person before making decisions.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast,

it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,

it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil

but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts,

always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

All you need is love, with lyrics lol.!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mux93MqA45w

You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful - and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick;

But then there's other people you meet and you think, 'Not bad, they're okay,' and when you get to know them ... their face sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just turn into something so beautiful, kinda like the most beautiful person you've ever met....

Yeah yeah,,,, I nicked it from Amy Pond....

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I do adore seeing people who look totally in love, it is nice.

There is an elderly couple who walk past my house daily and they are lovely. He is a proper gentleman and she is a lady. They are dressed beautifully everyday when they are walking their dog.

Doesnt think or maybe want to ever 'love, love' another female, or have a proper relationship again, as Ive been hurt too many times in the past!!

I just want to meet some nice new lovely people to chat, flirt, meet up and hopefully just let nature take its course!

Agree with View that it makes me happy when I can see two people being in love with each other.

It makes me cringe when I see two people bickering in public, or eat a meal in silence, or ignoring each other, when they are supposed to be a couple.

Love is the most wonderful, amazing, and happy moments I ever had in life. Sad to say, it was also my most painful, tragic moments, and hurting situations.

I have been married twice and looking back i don't think i loved either of them, but they gave me 3 wonderful children which i love with all my heart even the very bad days. When i was younger i had a lot of issues with anxiety and severe depression coping with a severely disable child i just went along with flow all these years. At the age of 50 my life changed when i met Shane (Pork) he was so different, he treats me like a lady even when we are with the children where the others thought of me as a mum at all times. As we don't live together and when ever we get together is always like the first. It took us 5 months to say that we loved each other because i wanted it to mean some thing special and it is still the same 2 years later !!..

"Love is the most wonderful, amazing, and happy moments I ever had in life. Sad to say, it was also my most painful, tragic moments, and hurting situations.

"

I know how you feel on that one...

just seen this revised today..

Love is your total commitment to another foresaking anyone or anything else in life - utter devotion

i think lol

"Love is doing the little things that you know the other person would appreciate or enjoy, without being asked.

Intimacy such as cooking and eating together, cuddling up on the sofa with a good film on the TV, walking hand in hand in the hills/by the sea, travelling and exploring other countries, sharing visions and planning for the future etc. etc...

On the other hand, I like being my own boss, without having to consider another person before making decisions.

"

Biochemistry...neurological imbalance resulting in unusual behavior...

I dunno what this really means, my first GF when I was 20 I'd seen for a year(we have recently been seeing each other), however throughout my relationships and maybe some of my casual encounters..there is a look that always reminds me of her(obviously i'm not gonna tell the person while im fucking ior making love to them)...anyway after years we got back in touch she has a family etc, but as we meet for sex(and she loves what i get up to), we have the loveliest sex...that we never had before.

How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for right.

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

Not quite Elizabeth Browning but Billy Bragg has his own definition, which I love:

Something Happened

Do you know what love is?

Love is when you willingly

Place someone else's priorities

Above your own

Do you know what lust is?

Lust is when you actively

Force your own priority

On someone else

Its an emotion, it is different for everyone with different levels. Some have it, some lose it and others spend their life looking for it.

Love doesnt hurt..........people do

"Love is doing the little things that you know the other person would appreciate or enjoy, without being asked.

Intimacy such as cooking and eating together, cuddling up on the sofa with a good film on the TV, walking hand in hand in the hills/by the sea, travelling and exploring........

"

Yep Pearl, know what you mean, been there, loved it, but then lost it!!

It was all my fault of course!

"there is no true love only lust...your happy dreams turn to dust..day by day love turns sour ..grey and misrable like a thunder shower..loves an addiction like heroin or booze..play with any of those three your bound to lose...love will drive you crazy and fuck with your brain...are you in love or totally insane..love is infectious but so is the pox...over forty your life is on the rocks..."

he he, well I have been on them for some time and it ain't so bad.

"Love is the most wonderful, amazing, and happy moments I ever had in life. Sad to say, it was also my most painful, tragic moments, and hurting situations.

"

to love someone, to be loved by someone and to be in love with someone, to me, are all very different things.

"What does love mean to you? How do you define it?

"

What a lovely post. Really moved me. Thank you for making this forum a less cynical place xx

Don't know no one has loved me before

I'd like to thank all who have posted, it reinforces exactly what I thought .... swingers may be a cynical bunch, but underneath there is a lot of love for each other and freely shared around.

This game wouldn't work without it.

Thanks again. xxxxx

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Love is the strong bond of caring which grows after the frenzied feeling of being 'in love' has faded into a peaceful sleep.... if you're still talking that is.

By *ayjay999Man  over a year ago

Uk

You only ever fall in love once (normally when your young) And once your in this site then you've got no chance...

"You only ever fall in love once (normally when your young) And once your in this site then you've got no chance... "
i dont believe either of those statements for a moment.

I keep coming back to this thread, very thought provoking, thanks for posting in the first place Laine!

Interesting the number of people who have experienced the tremendous highs of love, but then also the extreme lows, something which I can relate to.

Just as it takes 2 to build a loving relationship, it can sometimes be lost in the acrimony that it also takes 2 to break it!

Just had a great debate about love, it's amazing how people believe they can put it into words until they try to.

Love is...when you fart in bed and they don't complain.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

[Removed by poster at 20/08/12 00:25:05]

Often there are no words, you just have to show it. XX

Great post Laine.

Have been thinking about this and still can't put into words what love is.

All i do know it that I love my children and Mr A uncondtionally

I'm not sure I've ever loved. I've certainly cared deeply for someone.

I've lusted though. I would say I'd lusted and lost, but truly I never had them to lose. That hurt.

"Great post Laine.

Have been thinking about this and still can't put into words what love is.

All i do know it that I love my children and Mr A uncondtionally "

Unconditionally.....my children yes, but a partner?mmm.....

When nothing else matters apart from the person/people you are with

"When nothing else matters apart from the person/people you are with "

Is that infatuation?

True love is puckering your lips and pressing them against the inside of the giant axe wound you just gave your lover......

» Add a new message to this topic