FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > making ends meet!!!!

making ends meet!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sm OP   Couple  over a year ago

Liskeard

after reading some of the threads today, there seems to be a need for a thread on how to make ends meet no not that kind lol I mean making your money go that little bit further...

so how about sharing some of your ( sensible) tips on here..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" after reading some of the threads today, there seems to be a need for a thread on how to make ends meet no not that kind lol I mean making your money go that little bit further...

"

Buy fuck me shoes in the sale, at least three pairs at a time....

By *sm OP   Couple  over a year ago

Liskeard

" after reading some of the threads today, there seems to be a need for a thread on how to make ends meet no not that kind lol I mean making your money go that little bit further...

Buy fuck me shoes in the sale, at least three pairs at a time.... "

like your thinking lol but not sure that saves money in the long run...

dirtybigbadsgirlville

like your thinking lol but not sure that saves money in the long run... "

my OH thinks it does ....ok seriously, i buy stuff like toiletries n stuff when its on offer, make up especially as it can mount up, i also cook most of the stuff i eat from scratch, and i bake xxx

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

like your thinking lol but not sure that saves money in the long run... my OH thinks it does ....ok seriously, i buy stuff like toiletries n stuff when its on offer, make up especially as it can mount up, i also cook most of the stuff i eat from scratch, and i bake xxx"

I am a sucker for make up can spend £50-£60 a time on it...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm completely skint and have found things like making a shopping list before I go to the supermarket rather than just wonder about helped cut down on a lot of waste. Buying most of my cloths from charity shops. I wait till luxuries like wine are on special offer.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

like your thinking lol but not sure that saves money in the long run... my OH thinks it does ....ok seriously, i buy stuff like toiletries n stuff when its on offer, make up especially as it can mount up, i also cook most of the stuff i eat from scratch, and i bake xxx

I am a sucker for make up can spend £50-£60 a time on it... "

exactly, the stuff i use everyday like mascara n lipgloss seems to run out all at the same time, so i usually stock up when its on offer

rather than do a monthly/weekly shop i tend to go twice a week and i plan my meals now (thanks to slimming world) so i know what i need to buy and waste very little.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

When you're checking the fridge before your weekly shop set any wrinkly, rubbery or simply past their best veg aside for making soup.

Invest in a bag of lentils to pad out the soup when you don't have much.

Recipe:

Soften any onions,leeks etc in a little oil in a large saucepan.

Add any other chopped veg, keeping anything like cabbage or broccoli till the very end.

Nb if you have a blender or food processor you can.chop roughly, if not chop your veg as small as you can.

Add a small glass of water, turn the heat low and put the lid on. Check veg regularly and stir.

When soft add seasoning/herbs/stock powder or crumbled stock cube (stock is optional, water can be enough).

Add water to cover veg, about 2-3cm above level of veg.

Simmer till all veg is soft.

If you want to add any cabbage (dark green cabbage works best in soup) or broccoli now is the time.

Check for seasoning.

If you want it smooth, blend now.

Thin down to your preferred consistency with water and or milk (milk works best on blended soups).

If freezing or storing, don't thin down - why take up space with water?

You can add chopped ham or bits of chopped fried bacon to unblended soups and also broken bits of spaghetti.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"rather than do a monthly/weekly shop i tend to go twice a week and i plan my meals now (thanks to slimming world) so i know what i need to buy and waste very little.

"

Can you plan my meals and send me the shopping list I am a nightmare at that kimd of thing......

Go food shopping late in the evenings to hunt for the discounted food, and freeze until required if allowable.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

anything on offer, like anti perspirant, I buy 8/10 of them... think Asda had them on offer under their £1 range

or Coffee... if there is offers on for the one I like, I will buy loads

and Razor blades

they last the longest and give the best savings

Buy 6 bottles of wine at a time, save 5% and you don't have to go out for more later in the evening

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Get frozen lobster from Lidl rather than fresh from Waitrose.

raid the skips at the back of the supermarket...become a shop lifter...(hey if you get caught there's 3 square meals a day in prison)..don't buy any shoes...live off the land hunt squirrels..rabbits...hey the list is endless...

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Can you plan my meals and send me the shopping list I am a nightmare at that kimd of thing...... "

Check out the skint foodie blig

"Get frozen lobster from Lidl rather than fresh from Waitrose."

Or go for crabs??

3 words.

Boots Advantage Card.

I stocked up at Christmas when they had a 'spend £50 and get X amount of extra points' event on boring things like shampoo, shower gel, as well as make up, Christmas presents etc.

Check the machines too to see if there are any extra points or money off vouchers for stuff you need or will need in the future and will keep.

I've still not used up the stuff I bulk bought and if I need anything extra I use my points

I've just got several vouchers in the post from them including one I might have to stock up with again!

i was in asda yesterday (i lead a very exciting life)

and normally buy cartoon character spaghetti in the small tins 49p

own brand spaghetti in the small tin was 29p - BARGAIN

but even better, the larger tin of own brand spaghetti was 33p!!!

so now food containers come in handy as little one will only eat half a tin at a time

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Went to Tesco the other night,8pm-ish. Just as the butcher was putting out the reduced meat, loaded up the trolley, £27.00. Got home and added up the before cost, £109.00 it would have cost.

I now have a freezer full of meat

shopping at home bargains and Aldi

never shop when hungry as this will make u buy more

i have a shoppping list which is stuck to anything not on the list doesn't get brought

wine is brought from a online club which instead of 15 quid a bottle i get it for 7 but buy a few bottles at a time

i shop clothes online if its something i know my size and ive saw it in a shop

shoes erm cant cut down nor undies

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

All toiletries i buy and stock up when they are cheap. All my clothes (not underwear) comes from charity shops and i will carry that on when i reach my target to some degree. Try not to waste food. Im lucky as im not a mad speder, but i still have the odd handbag but its usually because ive saved elsewere.

I think most are having to tighten there belt in one way or another. I do to tend to buy what i need rather than what iwant but i started doing that a few years ago. I dont need uptodate technology.. Simply as i dont know how to use it lol

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

It's not working out too well for the naked rambler, is it?

By *sMinxyWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have a good tip... if you see something on a end shelf on special offer - go to the aisle and check the other things of same company - i did this a while back and found that dishwasher tablets were cheaper in a diff size box!

another is utilise any teens who have nothing to do!! my middle one finished school a few weeks back - i get her to compare the shopping list, then we make a note of what is on offer in which supermarket - then go to aldi first... and half of time they are cheaper!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Buy 6 bottles of wine at a time, save 5% and you don't have to go out for more later in the evening "

PMSL.....only 6 bottles??? Get 12, same saving, don't have to go out again at 3am

» Add a new message to this topic