FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Financially viable .........

Financially viable .........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As in the government decision to close the remploy factories for disabled workers.

bloody disgusting in my eyes.

they go on and on about getting people working yet are willing to put many on the dole etc which will cost a hell of a lot more to upkeep. ..go figure ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As in the government decision to close the remploy factories for disabled workers.

they go on and on about getting people working yet are willing to put many on the dole etc which will cost a hell of a lot more to upkeep. ..go figure ???? "

it wont cost the government more because .......... they take them off disability payments and put them on job seekers for 6 months only ........... then - but I totally agree with u - its totally wrong and immoral in my book

"As in the government decision to close the remploy factories for disabled workers.

they go on and on about getting people working yet are willing to put many on the dole etc which will cost a hell of a lot more to upkeep. ..go figure ???? "

You are wrong peaches. The Remploy scheme was so massively subsidised, it would have been cheaper to pay each employee £25K, and tell them to stay at home. My own firm lost orders to Remploy, as how can you compete with a competitor that is heammoraging money? It is far more practical to help the disabled into the 'normal' jobs market, than create these 'non-jobs' to fiddle the government figures.

they go on and on about getting people working yet are willing to put many on the dole etc which will cost a hell of a lot more to upkeep. ..go figure ????

You are wrong peaches. The Remploy scheme was so massively subsidised, it would have been cheaper to pay each employee £25K, and tell them to stay at home. My own firm lost orders to Remploy, as how can you compete with a competitor that is heammoraging money? It is far more practical to help the disabled into the 'normal' jobs market, than create these 'non-jobs' to fiddle the government figures."

Totally agree, another way of fiddling the books to make the stats stack up.

You are wrong peaches. The Remploy scheme was so massively subsidised, it would have been cheaper to pay each employee £25K, and tell them to stay at home. My own firm lost orders to Remploy, as how can you compete with a competitor that is heammoraging money? It is far more practical to help the disabled into the 'normal' jobs market, than create these 'non-jobs' to fiddle the government figures."

I may be wrong in some things but my problem is this.

I cant see the workplace ever emplying these people. Its hard enough for non disabled workers to get jobs , let alone those with mental and physical disabilities.What chance do theyb have...none.

Losing what self respect they had in being "dumped" back into the benefit system.

If its not working or viable....make it work and viable. Dont just dump said workers and say its gonna be ok.

because we all know it wont be.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

i wish i was financially viable

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

It's not just employment, much of it is giving severely disabled routine, occupational therapy and a sense of worth. Things that can't be measured

"It's not just employment, much of it is giving severely disabled routine, occupational therapy and a sense of worth. Things that can't be measured"

And a great friendship base.

If they didnt attend remploy, they would have nothing at all.

im seriously disgusted with this decision, i really am.

Its a bitch and not ideal but remploy doesn't give many real jobs. If the money went into getting them into real long lasting jobs then that would be better but closing remploy and doing nothing is just a kick in the teeth for those who want to work.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

People with disabilities struggle at the best of times to get into 'normal' work. Employers find it difficult to make adjustments etc. and when faced with two candidates of equal skill and aptitude most would choose the less 'complicated' option.

Whilst the Remploy costs are significant in terms of jobs per person there are unknown and difficult to quantify the other savings. These might be on the NHS rather than DWP with those people accessing their GP less, remaining in better physical and mental health, not becoming alcoholic because of depression etc. Or, creating time and space for other family members to have a break from that person or go out to work themselves.

I would rather public money is used in this way to keep people active than being paid for them to feel useless at home, spiralling downwards and costing everyone so much more.

It doesn't seem to matter if a pound is saved today, and then a fiver's needed tomorrow. Politicians live in four year lifespans and any further reaching decisions than that probably won't be theirs.

If they're lucky - they'll be in the house of lords and subject to a superinjunction by then, so quite safe...

Wolf

"It's not just employment, much of it is giving severely disabled routine, occupational therapy and a sense of worth. Things that can't be measured

im seriously disgusted with this decision, i really am. "

Me too - its just another situation of the ConDem government we have making a complete balls up of the country.

Remploy was an amazing place for people who were not able to find work due to disabilities to earn a wage and to have a life basically. There's no other way of putting it.

"It's not just employment, much of it is giving severely disabled routine, occupational therapy and a sense of worth. Things that can't be measured

its just another situation of the ConDem government we have making a complete balls up of the country.

"

i think you will find it is a government trying desperately trying save a ship that has already been scuttled by a previous captain....

the Liebor lot we had before were all about either giving away or spending money we didnt have and now its up to someone else to plug the holes that messrs blair and brwon made in the economy.

i know it sad but at what point do you say enough is enough. as soemone has already said, Remploy was heavily subsidised and costing huge amounts of money.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

its just another situation of the ConDem government we have making a complete balls up of the country.

i think you will find it is a government trying desperately trying save a ship that has already been scuttled by a previous captain....

the Liebor lot we had before were all about either giving away or spending money we didnt have and now its up to someone else to plug the holes that messrs blair and brwon made in the economy.

i know it sad but at what point do you say enough is enough. as soemone has already said, Remploy was heavily subsidised and costing huge amounts of money.

"

Lots of things cost huge amounts of money but the overall benefit means that you get value for money. Cutting a cost in one place to see it increase in another is not saving anything.

See my last post on Austerity - today's figures are interesting.

At the end of the day Remploy was unaffordable. If I earn £100 and spend £200 each week then I'm going to hit trouble sooner rather than later. How are the nation's finances any different? The UK has a large pool of mouths to feed and a very small pool of people keeping it afloat. It's time that a lot of people realized this rather than berating other people for earning more. To survive in the modern world there will have to be significant changes in attitude otherwise the rich will abandon ship and leave everyone else to drown. Looks like Remploy is one of the sacrifices.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

They are paper losses with an end product, how much will still be spent on income support, disability payments etc with no end product or social benefit for the redundant workers

The government should lead by example and get rid of the dim witted fickwits that keep coming up with the stupidty and unrealistic ideas to save a few quid.

Start at 10 Downing Street, then parliament.

If there are any politicians on here reading this, GET BACK TO WORK AND EARN YOUR KEEP YOU PHONEY, PISS POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!

Which other vulnerable section of society will this government pick on next I wonder? Elderly women living on state pensions? People with mental health problems?

"At the end of the day Remploy was unaffordable. If I earn £100 and spend £200 each week then I'm going to hit trouble sooner rather than later. How are the nation's finances any different? The UK has a large pool of mouths to feed and a very small pool of people keeping it afloat. It's time that a lot of people realized this rather than berating other people for earning more. To survive in the modern world there will have to be significant changes in attitude otherwise the rich will abandon ship and leave everyone else to drown. Looks like Remploy is one of the sacrifices. "

This, frankly, is neo-con hogwash. The rich do not keep this 'ship' afloat. It is the ordinary people who keep it afloat by working and paying tax.

» Add a new message to this topic