FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sharks

Sharks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Should sharks in W Australia be culled to prevent attacks on swimming humans?

Last time I looked they lived in the sea and we are essentially land bases mammals

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Should sharks in W Australia be culled to prevent attacks on swimming humans?

Last time I looked they lived in the sea and we are essentially land bases mammals"

yes true....but we don't bite.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

nope .. if u enter into an animals environment then u need to take into account the risks u are running and make ur own mind up if this is .. or is not a risk worth taking

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

Last time I looked they lived in the sea and we are essentially land bases mammals yes true....but we don't bite."

oooh i have been known too !

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

We evolved from creatures who lived in the sea, but I think sharks were there first. When they start trying to walk on land we can get them back.

Seriously though, sharks are already endangered. I don't think they should be culled.

"nope .. if u enter into an animals environment then u need to take into account the risks u are running and make ur own mind up if this is .. or is not a risk worth taking "

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Last time I looked they lived in the sea and we are essentially land bases mammals"

No they shouldn't!!!!! last accurate figures 2008 1 human death by shark attack 70 million sharks killed by humans - who is the predator????

Just think 5 people are killed on the roads in the UK every day, even if you take 2010 where there were allegly 5 deaths from shark attacks in the WORLD the statistics show that we should ban the car.

Sorry one of my pet subjects and yes I am a member of the Shark Trust

Forum Mod

No I don't agree with them being culled

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

If we are going to go down that road just exterminate the homo sapiens as they are by far the biggest killers of man on the planet.

Norfolk

"If we are going to go down that road just exterminate the homo sapiens as they are by far the biggest killers of man on the planet.

"

absolutely true

"If we are going to go down that road just exterminate the homo sapiens as they are by far the biggest killers of man on the planet.

"

true...but who's going to put food on the bird table then..?

id say australia is a pretty stupid place for humans to live anyway...in the sea as well as the sharks you have jelly fish..the blue ringed octopus...all will kill you..or on land you have a nice selection of snakes and spiders...if none of them get you then your probably fall prey to a serial killer...

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

true...but who's going to put food on the bird table then..?"

At least the vultures and the carrion crows will be well fed for a wee while.

Norfolk

true...but who's going to put food on the bird table then..?"

birds survived without our scaps before we were around, no doubt they would again

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

"id say australia is a pretty stupid place for humans to live anyway...in the sea as well as the sharks you have jelly fish..the blue ringed octopus...all will kill you..or on land you have a nice selection of snakes and spiders...if none of them get you then your probably fall prey to a serial killer... "

here here my brother lives out there and its not nice his fridge is full of anti venom in case es bitten by either a snake a funnel webb or the blue tailed lizard and yes they do need to cull sharks as they are predadtory and follow a bull and if the bull goes rogue which granted isnt very often the others follow suit and follow behaviour patterns but then i dont believe in swimming in the sea any way xx

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"nope .. if u enter into an animals environment then u need to take into account the risks u are running and make ur own mind up if this is .. or is not a risk worth taking "

Norfolk

so wish I could post some of the revolting pictures of what we so called human beings do to Sharks if anyone wants the links just let me know.

As an aside how many of you who want to cull sharks feel the same about tigers? they are more deadly to Indians than sharks are to the rest of the world.

OK I'll butt out of this thread now as it winds me up so much.

Until Sharks start attacking people in supermarkets they should not be culled... until then a large net and some flags to mark safe area's to swim would seem far safer and cheaper too...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No they should not be

Definitely not! We invade their territory, they mistake us for prey. Most victims have a chunk taken out or a nsty bite, very rarely does a shark actually eat a person. In Cape Town docks, I used to drive past one section where they dry shark fins to ship to the far east. Nothing worse than cutting off the fins and throwing the shark back in to slowly drown. The fishermen are not interested in the rest of the shark.

If humans choose to go into an environment that's not their domain then they should take the risks involved.

Whether it be sea, jungle or desert, if another species hold sway over that domain they don't deserve to be eradicated just so we can go there in relative safety.

Thats what happened during the Georgian/Victorian eras and was the cause of many species becoming extinct.

Mind you........that doesn't apply to wasps!

XXXX

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

this is a ridiculous notion, most shark attacks happen when humans ignore warnings put there to protect them anyway such as flags etc

surely that is just natural selection???

I am from WA and my mate was attacked by a 15 ft white pointer at Cactus beach in the late 70's at the Great Aussie Bight. He survived and was raced to hossy to get stitched up, a few months later I met up with him and we were surfing at an area where sharks frequently were seen and he wasn't bothered about them or wanted them killed.Years later he was killed in a car crash on the same very road that he was rushed to hospital after getting attacked,so what does that tell you? About 8 years ago a guy was attacked and killed down south of Perth where I lived and surfed 2 years later another guy was killed at South Point just around the coast another placed I surfed.My mates live down there with their kids growing up surfing those beaches almost daily and not one person or child I know would want any sharks to be hunted or killed.The ocean is a beautiful place full of life and the sharks are right up there on the food chain mess with them and you mess with the ocean,there already is to much damage going on created by man so let them be.

Oh by the way I used to surf at Wedge island where the latest attack happened and its bloody a scarey place, we used to be constantly on the look out for sharks lol Lived at Cottesloe Beach also where many attacks have happened but that is a different story.

"id say australia is a pretty stupid place for humans to live anyway...in the sea as well as the sharks you have jelly fish..the blue ringed octopus...all will kill you..or on land you have a nice selection of snakes and spiders...if none of them get you then your probably fall prey to a serial killer... "

Check this out you will laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE

"id say australia is a pretty stupid place for humans to live anyway...in the sea as well as the sharks you have jelly fish..the blue ringed octopus...all will kill you..or on land you have a nice selection of snakes and spiders...if none of them get you then your probably fall prey to a serial killer...

Check this out you will laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE"

Oz humour is great, I love Kevin bloody Wilson.

Before you say it, i know that isn't him singing in that clip.

"Before you say it, i know that isn't him singing in that clip. "

IT isnt him lol

No its totally wrong, i have little time fir the human race as it is and am embarrased ti be part of its predatiry and destructive nature. It's one of the main reasons why I never wanted children, well apart from being selfish and preferring to soend all my miney on myself! lol

What's wrong with things as they are over there anyway? I just see it as a means of culling Australians, well the few that are still over there and not working in bars and talking shite over here

"Oh by the way I used to surf at Wedge island where the latest attack happened and its bloody a scarey place, we used to be constantly on the look out for sharks lol Lived at Cottesloe Beach also where many attacks have happened but that is a different story."
. Why is it different?

No they shouldn't be culled!!! It's their water after all!!!

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

just net off the beaches..they do it in other areas.

If they cull them , where will it stop? Every shark dead?

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

yes they should and they could have a go at the koalas while there at it...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I am from WA and my mate was attacked by a 15 ft white pointer at Cactus beach in the late 70's at the Great Aussie Bight. He survived and was raced to hossy to get stitched up, a few months later I met up with him and we were surfing at an area where sharks frequently were seen and he wasn't bothered about them or wanted them killed.Years later he was killed in a car crash on the same very road that he was rushed to hospital after getting attacked,so what does that tell you? About 8 years ago a guy was attacked and killed down south of Perth where I lived and surfed 2 years later another guy was killed at South Point just around the coast another placed I surfed.My mates live down there with their kids growing up surfing those beaches almost daily and not one person or child I know would want any sharks to be hunted or killed.The ocean is a beautiful place full of life and the sharks are right up there on the food chain mess with them and you mess with the ocean,there already is to much damage going on created by man so let them be."

a good attitude to the issue..

lets hope the public in Australia put some pressure on the people proposing to futher reduce these great and necessary creatures...

Just seen on the news, a chinese fishing captain has been fine R2500 (£250) for having 72 sharkfins in his luggage as he was about to leave the country by air. Now that's a major deterrent. Not!

"

Nets would be useless as you would have to place them along the entire coastline at all the main beaches for the swimmers and what about all the other people who surf,dive and participate in other water sports outside of these areas? A perfect example is put nets up at the main beach at Cott but a few of the attacks have happened further up from there maybe not even a mile. Maybe net the entire coastline of Oz then the problems solved lol

Norfolk

Sharks are playful creatures - just look at this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcUJ7-XA_I&feature=share

Sharks are already being culled in vast numbers and nobody gives a rats ass.

WHy?

Because out of the millions of sharks that can munch on people, the few that do and develop a taste for human flesh give them a Jaws effect.

So all sharks are bad apparently.

Granted I wouldn't want to swim with them without chain mail, they are an intelligent species and we step into their territory on a regular basis.

The real question is, why aren't the local authorities dealing with it?

Or better yet, why do swimmers and surfer dudes go into waters that are well known for whiteys taking chunks out of them?

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

No the great white named Brutus should not be harmed or hunted

The great white is amazin an defo the most stunning shark

As an alternative set up floating mines to blow up the humans that enter the water. When will man learn we do not own the earth and are obliged to share it with every other living organism. We are part of the food chain as well and do not have any right to think we are better.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I would love to punch a shark right in the face.

Norfolk

"

Granted I wouldn't want to swim with them without chain mail, they are an intelligent species and we step into their territory on a regular basis.

"

I have swum with sharks on many occassions with only a wetsuit on, last year when in Malaysia we would easily swim with 40+ sharks on a dive, and guess what.....................................................................they just weren't interested in us at all!

"

I have swum with sharks on many occassions with only a wetsuit on, last year when in Malaysia we would easily swim with 40+ sharks on a dive, and guess what.....................................................................they just weren't interested in us at all! "

May i be the first to suggest try doing it with a big white or maybe 40+ of them and see what happens

Norfolk

obviously it is safer to swim with sharks than go to the cinema in the states (I do feel sorry for those involved in the latest masacre and can't understand the mentality before anyone jumps on me)

Yeah but the men have such gorgeous accents!

Joking apart, sharks only kill when we invade their environment. Culling them would be awful.

» Add a new message to this topic