FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Narky Forums

Narky Forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

is it justme but there seems to be a shift in the forums towards narkiness and sniping

i know forums evolve and change but it just seems a lot worse of late

even get your typing fingers biten off for trying to be friendly

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people are rude, but some are really nice. I think there seems to be more rude people around recently but still a majority of nice people.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

As with anything typed you can't always convey the tone of whether things are said in jest or not and things can be taken the wrong way. But nothing worse than a big slagging match on the forums.

I did not participate much in the past few days as I did not find the forums fun or witty.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

But nothing worse than a big slagging match on the forums."

Id rather have a slanging match than a love-in

Let's come up with a fun forum........thinking.

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

Personally, I think that people read things in the forums differently depending on their mood but also on how a post has been worded. I know what you are talking about and could see that you were only trying to assist the OP of the other thread only to be shot down. That OP had had a few adverse comments on the original post which could have been worded differently instead of coming across as criticising another thread poster and seemingly putting down all forum posters.

On a different note - I haven't had pizza in ages

Some people do appreciate you evesham xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I was feeling nostalgic earlier for the old days, it was more ruthless and often too much so... so the new rules help.

but I think people posted more what they truly thought rather then what they think others want to hear.

but hey, we have moved on so all good.

"Some people are rude, but some are really nice. I think there seems to be more rude people around recently but still a majority of nice people.

"

"Personally, I think that people read things in the forums differently depending on their mood but also on how a post has been worded. I know what you are talking about and could see that you were only trying to assist the OP of the other thread only to be shot down. That OP had had a few adverse comments on the original post which could have been worded differently instead of coming across as criticising another thread poster and seemingly putting down all forum posters.

Some people do appreciate you evesham xx"

Yes they do.

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

had 3 pieces tonight meat feast

thats my pizza intake for a week;

now need exercise

I'm having Chinese and I'm nice really I am xx

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Personally, I think that people read things in the forums differently depending on their mood but also on how a post has been worded. I know what you are talking about and could see that you were only trying to assist the OP of the other thread only to be shot down. That OP had had a few adverse comments on the original post which could have been worded differently instead of coming across as criticising another thread poster and seemingly putting down all forum posters.

Some people do appreciate you evesham xx"

Have to admit that OP's mood was not helped by the unpleasant messages he found in his inbox!

At least responses posted on the forum, no matter how sarky or abrupt, are there for all to see and to be moderated. Unpleasant messages sent privately are simply unpleasant, possibly abusive, offensive and bullying.

Apart from a quiet and considered piece of advice or a message of support which is too private for an open forum, if you haven't got the balls to share it with all of us then keep it to yourself!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Know what you mean Eves.

Im more of a lurker now than a poster.

There's enough shite in day to day life than somewhere you want to escape to!

Back to the would you fuck threads for me . Anyone else cumming? I mean coming

Have to admit that OP's mood was not helped by the unpleasant messages he found in his inbox!

At least responses posted on the forum, no matter how sarky or abrupt, are there for all to see and to be moderated. Unpleasant messages sent privately are simply unpleasant, possibly abusive, offensive and bullying.

Apart from a quiet and considered piece of advice or a message of support which is too private for an open forum, if you haven't got the balls to share it with all of us then keep it to yourself! "

See, this lurking malarky means I miss drama!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Not being funny, but do threads like this help?

Sheffield

"

See, this lurking malarky means I miss drama! "

Whereas I have been getting het up, throwing myself into the middle of things and been tutting at the screen a lot!

evesham

Apart from a quiet and considered piece of advice or a message of support which is too private for an open forum, if you haven't got the balls to share it with all of us then keep it to yourself! "

just wat to point out i am talking about the forums as a whole not just one thread

i referenced an interation on there so can understand the link but there seems to be a lot of bitteress towards other posters recently on lots of threads

evesham

"Not being funny, but do threads like this help?"

yes...they make me realise i am not the only one sat at home getting wound up about it

i like these forums, they are the first and only online forums i have become active in and for me the evolution of them is something that interests me

I don't get wound up by peeps whose forums posts I do not like, I just block them!

"Not being funny, but do threads like this help?

yes...they make me realise i am not the only one sat at home getting wound up about it

i like these forums, they are the first and only online forums i have become active in and for me the evolution of them is something that interests me"

But some posters may turn it into a bitch fest or shit stirring thread.

From the original post, and it being from the original poster (even though I dont know her from adam - no pun intended) I dont take it as a bitchy post, just a general observation which others may or may have not noticed.

"

See, this lurking malarky means I miss drama!

Whereas I have been getting het up, throwing myself into the middle of things and been tutting at the screen a lot! "

Lol you sound like my mum tutting at the tv lol

I know what you mean, my thoughts have turned the air blue looking at stuff on here and not in a good way

evesham

"Not being funny, but do threads like this help?

i like these forums, they are the first and only online forums i have become active in and for me the evolution of them is something that interests me

But some posters may turn it into a bitch fest or shit stirring thread.

From the original post, and it being from the original poster (even though I dont know her from adam - no pun intended) I dont take it as a bitchy post, just a general observation which others may or may have not noticed.

"

i'm much nicer than Adam....that guy's a right bitch

Sheffield

Frankly I'm far more disturbed by a poster getting hate mail for a thread then by them getting slammed on the thread by sarcasm.

I know the wits of the forums take no prisoners and can be harsh with unwise wording or even just naivety, but there are generally some supportive and informative replies as well. And if a poster spots their error (if there was one) then it usually calms down.

Though I do feel for newbies when the ask an obvious question not realising that it gets asked on a regular basis and they then get the full force of forum ribbing!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

+1

"I'm having Chinese and I'm nice really I am xx "

oi!

".... but I think people posted more what they truly thought rather then what they think others want to hear...

"

Did they get instant bans for it in the good old days?

"I'm having Chinese and I'm nice really I am xx

oi! "

Whoops lol not that nice

I've not been here long enough to make any real comment, other than so far it's been fine. Long may it continue. Other sites suffer the same thing periodically, gets a bit nasty and personal and no one is happy. Luckily things change fairly quickly.

"Frankly I'm far more disturbed by a poster getting hate mail for a thread then by them getting slammed on the thread by sarcasm.

I know the wits of the forums take no prisoners and can be harsh with unwise wording or even just naivety, but there are generally some supportive and informative replies as well. And if a poster spots their error (if there was one) then it usually calms down.

Though I do feel for newbies when the ask an obvious question not realising that it gets asked on a regular basis and they then get the full force of forum ribbing!"

You lot are so far up your own arses its tragic! Go out on a Saturday!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

It is a bit concerning when the most popular threads are the ones where an individual is being hanged up on.

There are members that only appear to post in these type of threads

In Your Bush

Ganged *

"Frankly I'm far more disturbed by a poster getting hate mail for a thread then by them getting slammed on the thread by sarcasm.

Though I do feel for newbies when the ask an obvious question not realising that it gets asked on a regular basis and they then get the full force of forum ribbing! You lot are so far up your own arses its tragic! Go out on a Saturday! "

no other comment than from someone who replied on a saturday night lol

I can be accused of (and probably quite rightly) of taking no prisoners on some occasions.......I try not to make things personal and keep my coments on to the facts.

There are some people on here (naming no names Wishy ) who I am usualy diametricaly opposed too, but while I don't like their opinions I don't dislike them personaly (in fact, on the non politicla threads I often like thier posts and have defended them in certain cases).

I fundamentaly defent my right to disagree with someone on these forums. So long as I am putting my opinion about the subject under discusion (or about a post) I feel I am entitled to post what I like.

I am also totaly commited to keep my comentary to the thead. How dare anyone post personal abuse to a private mail box (and this has happened to me before, as you might imagine).

I do, though disagree that there have not been any witty threads recently, severlay have made me crease up (I am loving the lie about me thread, hence my starting another) but that's just my taste, perhaps op should post another thread or two to start another discusion which they may enjoy?

I say ............ less narkiness and more nakedness

less snipeyness and more snugglyness.

In Your Bush

Wonder who that was that just got upset and left the site?

"Wonder who that was that just got upset and left the site?"

Think it was the OP from the 'Do you remember' thread.

In Your Bush

"I say ............ less narkiness and more nakedness

less snipeyness and more snugglyness. "

Sounds good. On your lead

Group Snuggggglessss

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Not being funny, but do threads like this help?"

No.

I have shut three this week on the same vein.

Can you please not keep starting threads about rows/ disagreements or just plain old someone else has pissed you off please.

Check out the summary on the top of the forum rules, it might help.