FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The official Strictly come dancing thread..2020!®.#3

The official Strictly come dancing thread..2020!®.#3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Just opening this up guys..thanks for your comments..be back later x

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Best dancer there Masie....most likeable HRVY.....most entertaining Bill....most annoying Jamie....most beautiful Ranvir

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I really can’t tell how this will go. I didn’t expect Ranvir to get such poor scores, so I feel like it’s really up in the air now.

I have to say though, top marks to the band and singers for Enter Sandman, they killed it! \m/ \m/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Best dancer there Masie....most likeable HRVY.....most entertaining Bill....most annoying Jamie....most beautiful Ranvir "

Totally agree .. it will be a tough call who wins this year ...

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Maisie was just so beautiful with her ballroom. I think she'll win, she's consistently good. I want Jamie to be in the final as well. Shame Ranvir messed up tonight!

Thanks for re-opening the thread

Think it's going to be as follows:

Dance off Jamie & Bill, think they'll opt to save Jamie unfortunately.

Final - Jamie (last)

Ranvir (3rd)

Masie (2nd)

Hrvy (winner)

I could be wrong though

chelmsford

"Best dancer there Masie....most likeable HRVY.....most entertaining Bill....most annoying Jamie....most beautiful Ranvir "

hrvy is still my number one love Bill's character and Ranvir is beautiful

chelmsford

"I really can’t tell how this will go. I didn’t expect Ranvir to get such poor scores, so I feel like it’s really up in the air now.

I have to say though, top marks to the band and singers for Enter Sandman, they killed it! \m/ \m/"

The band and singers are great, very versatile

chelmsford

"Maisie was just so beautiful with her ballroom. I think she'll win, she's consistently good. I want Jamie to be in the final as well. Shame Ranvir messed up tonight! "

Yes Ranvir does struggle with her latin.

chelmsford

"Thanks for re-opening the thread

Think it's going to be as follows:

Dance off Jamie & Bill, think they'll opt to save Jamie unfortunately.

Final - Jamie (last)

Ranvir (3rd)

Masie (2nd)

Hrvy (winner)

I could be wrong though "

You're welcome . I think.you're pretty much right

chelmsford

So my opinion, for what it's worth ...

Jamie ...felt his salsa was a bit underwhelming..very little hip action. Quickstep...loved it..great timing and synchronisation.

Ranvir...she is a beautiful and talented ballroom dancer..however her jive was clumsy and lumpy.

Lovely Bill...great interpretation of the Charleston..his tango was lacking..not much staccato action.

Maisie...couples choice..not my thing in a ballroom competition , but it suited her her Viennese waltz was beautiful.

Hrvy..great basic routine rumba, perfectly executed...his Charleston was...FAB U LOUS!

So who knows who will be in the dance..watch this space!

East Lancashire

Thing is.....with both Masie and Jamie being in previous dance offs, it shows that they are not getting the popular vote. Indeed, if Masie is the least voted (popular wise) then despite being top of the board, she could find herself in the bottom two. Bit like Ashley Roberts a few seasons ago.....best dancer, least liked by the public.

With Jamie, already joint second from bottom, he could be dancing his arse off to stay in.

I think the only one definitely into the final is HRVY...but I think he is soooooo cute

East Lancashire

"

Maisie...couples choice..not my thing in a ballroom competition , but it suited her her Viennese waltz was beautiful.

"

Not a fan of couples choice...some beautiful routines, but its entirely subjective and you have no comparison with other dances.

chelmsford

"Thing is.....with both Masie and Jamie being in previous dance offs, it shows that they are not getting the popular vote. Indeed, if Masie is the least voted (popular wise) then despite being top of the board, she could find herself in the bottom two. Bit like Ashley Roberts a few seasons ago.....best dancer, least liked by the public.

With Jamie, already joint second from bottom, he could be dancing his arse off to stay in.

I think the only one definitely into the final is HRVY...but I think he is soooooo cute "

You are right sindy, some people are more likeable than others, but I would always vote purely on their talent and improvement in their performance. Hrvy is a little munchkin

chelmsford

"

Not a fan of couples choice...some beautiful routines, but its entirely subjective and you have no comparison with other dances."

I would find it difficult to judge, because I know nothing about that type of dance

A lot of happy rock fans out there tonight after Bill Bailey tangoing to Enter Sandman by ?Metallica...classic!

chelmsford

"A lot of happy rock fans out there tonight after Bill Bailey tangoing to Enter Sandman by ?Metallica...classic! "

I know!

Plus, I don't think any Pro has won it twice, let alone twice on the trot? Doesn't look good for Oti.

Cardiff

"Plus, I don't think any Pro has won it twice, let alone twice on the trot? Doesn't look good for Oti."

Aliona won it twice, I can’t think off the top of my head if anyone else has. If they can get in the final anything can happen, I think it’ll be HRVY though just because he has an army of fans already.

"Plus, I don't think any Pro has won it twice, let alone twice on the trot? Doesn't look good for Oti.

Aliona won it twice, I can’t think off the top of my head if anyone else has. If they can get in the final anything can happen, I think it’ll be HRVY though just because he has an army of fans already."

I bow to your superior Strictly knowledge. I hadn't realised it had been won twice by anyone

chelmsford

When you stop to think, there are a lot of pros who have now moved on, I used to love Kristina. That Argentine Tango she danced with Simon Webbe was fantastic, just watched it on YouTube

I keep remembering watching Come Dancing on the telly (it was mom & dads favourite program... How it's changed!!

Cardiff

"Plus, I don't think any Pro has won it twice, let alone twice on the trot? Doesn't look good for Oti.

Aliona won it twice, I can’t think off the top of my head if anyone else has. If they can get in the final anything can happen, I think it’ll be HRVY though just because he has an army of fans already.

I bow to your superior Strictly knowledge. I hadn't realised it had been won twice by anyone "

I can’t remember which years, the first time she won it was ages ago with Harry Judd, it was a long time before she won it the second time with Jay McGuinness. I’m pretty sure you’re right that no-one’s won it back-to-back though.

Cardiff

"When you stop to think, there are a lot of pros who have now moved on, I used to love Kristina. That Argentine Tango she danced with Simon Webbe was fantastic, just watched it on YouTube "

That was an amazing routine, I loved it! I did adore Kristina, I have to admit.

chelmsford

"I keep remembering watching Come Dancing on the telly (it was mom & dads favourite program... How it's changed!! "

I know me too they used to have the formation dancing, I loved that

I bow to your superior Strictly knowledge. I hadn't realised it had been won twice by anyone

I can’t remember which years, the first time she won it was ages ago with Harry Judd, it was a long time before she won it the second time with Jay McGuinness. I’m pretty sure you’re right that no-one’s won it back-to-back though."

Back to back.... That's the new Covid sex position isn't it?

chelmsford

"When you stop to think, there are a lot of pros who have now moved on, I used to love Kristina. That Argentine Tango she danced with Simon Webbe was fantastic, just watched it on YouTube

That was an amazing routine, I loved it! I did adore Kristina, I have to admit."

Fabulous dancer

chelmsford

I can’t remember which years, the first time she won it was ages ago with Harry Judd, it was a long time before she won it the second time with Jay McGuinness. I’m pretty sure you’re right that no-one’s won it back-to-back though.

Back to back.... That's the new Covid sex position isn't it? "

Haha

Loved Hrvy's charleston - I thought he might have been too "gawky" (I had to translate that word!) but he did it really well. Ranvir's first dance was beautiful and the song was really lovely, but her second dance was just awful - no snap to it at all. I still like Jamie's style - never not fun

I think my biggest disappointment re: couples choice, is that I remember Shirly explaining it when it was first introduced, and saying it could be literally anything, including Burlesque... I'm so disappointed non of the females have chosen to do it

chelmsford

"Loved Hrvy's charleston - I thought he might have been too "gawky" (I had to translate that word!) but he did it really well. Ranvir's first dance was beautiful and the song was really lovely, but her second dance was just awful - no snap to it at all. I still like Jamie's style - never not fun "

Yes Ranvir lost it on the second dance

chelmsford

"I think my biggest disappointment re: couples choice, is that I remember Shirly explaining it when it was first introduced, and saying it could be literally anything, including Burlesque... I'm so disappointed non of the females have chosen to do it "

Yes me too!

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

When Kevin was within reach of the glitter ball so many times and didn't get it... Paired with Stacey, it was just that spark he/they needed...

This year, I feel the equivalent is Jeannette (and HRVY of course). Strictly is a celebrity dance... But it takes two... She's never been in the final... So I'm thinking maybe it's Jeanette's year?

chelmsford

"When Kevin was within reach of the glitter ball so many times and didn't get it... Paired with Stacey, it was just that spark he/they needed...

This year, I feel the equivalent is Jeannette (and HRVY of course). Strictly is a celebrity dance... But it takes two... She's never been in the final... So I'm thinking maybe it's Jeanette's year?"

Yes that would be nice for her

With it nearing the end now, I can at least take solace in knowing The Great British Sewing Bee has its new series in the editing phase at the moment. All I need to know now is if The Great British Pottery Throw down will be coming back again this year? I love that program!!

chelmsford

"With it nearing the end now, I can at least take solace in knowing The Great British Sewing Bee has its new series in the editing phase at the moment. All I need to know now is if The Great British Pottery Throw down will be coming back again this year? I love that program!!"

Haha! Hasn't it gone quickly!

chelmsford

So judging on last night's performances, I would put Bill and Ranvir in the dance off, with Bill to go. I don't want anyone to leave but someone has to go

"So judging on last night's performances, I would put Bill and Ranvir in the dance off, with Bill to go. I don't want anyone to leave but someone has to go "

You realise we're all looking to you to host the GB sewing bee thread...see what I did there when it starts.

chelmsford

"So judging on last night's performances, I would put Bill and Ranvir in the dance off, with Bill to go. I don't want anyone to leave but someone has to go

You realise we're all looking to you to host the GB sewing bee thread...see what I did there when it starts."

Jamie, I have to admit I've never watched it, but I'm happy to learn

Dancing is my thing, having been a dance teacher, albeit many years ago

Well worth a watch, especially the coming series as this time the contestants are all ones that took up sewing/tailoring during the first lockdown. No previous experience prior to that

chelmsford

"Well worth a watch, especially the coming series as this time the contestants are all ones that took up sewing/tailoring during the first lockdown. No previous experience prior to that "

Oh well done them, I would love to have that skill

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Bill and Ranvir are my favourites ! Ranvir will go tonight though . Hrvy to win next week . Would love Bill to do it the old I dog has done so well ??

chelmsford

"Bill and Ranvir are my favourites ! Ranvir will go tonight though . Hrvy to win next week . Would love Bill to do it the old I dog has done so well ??"

Haven't they all done so well, I've really enjoyed it this year

Just a thought, if Bill finds himself in the bottom two, I wonder which dance he'll choose for the dance off? I'm hoping he goes with his first, the Tango and that music combination will always be difficult to improve, they just don't suit each other.

chelmsford

"Just a thought, if Bill finds himself in the bottom two, I wonder which dance he'll choose for the dance off? I'm hoping he goes with his first, the Tango and that music combination will always be difficult to improve, they just don't suit each other."

Yes, I agree with you. I do wish they would choose music suitable for the dance, it would make it easier for them too. They do very well to learn two dances in a week , I wonder if they are learning that second dance over the previous weeks.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I want HRVY to win

chelmsford

"I want HRVY to win "

Aaw so do i, I picked him out from the first show

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I want HRVY to win

Aaw so do i, I picked him out from the first show "

for a young lad, he's a great role model as mentioned last night

chelmsford

"I want HRVY to win

Aaw so do i, I picked him out from the first show

for a young lad, he's a great role model as mentioned last night "

Oh he is, he seems to come from a lovely family

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I'd like maise to win

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Omg the opening profrssional routine was fab u lous

Ok, now I'm going:

1st Hrvy

2nd Masie

3rd Bill

4th Jamie

My preference would be Masie to win though

doncaster

I missed the dance off , so did ranvir go ?

Cardiff

I’m super happy Bill is in the final, sad for Ranvir though.

"I missed the dance off , so did ranvir go ? "

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

doncaster

"I missed the dance off , so did ranvir go ?

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie"

thanks

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

thanks "

Craig - Jamie

Motsi - Ranvir

Shirley - Jamie

doncaster

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

thanks

Craig - Jamie

Motsi - Ranvir

Shirley - Jamie"

thanks , Jamie really has been the come back kid this season

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I’m super happy Bill is in the final, sad for Ranvir though."

Same. I wanted Ranvir in the final

Northampton Somewhere

I've been avoiding this thread as I've only just watched on catch up.

So happy for Jamie, they weren't expecting that were they? He definitely improved on the top swivels but it wasn't watching him. Karen Hauer......

chelmsford

"I'd like maise to win "

She could win

chelmsford

"Omg the opening profrssional routine was fab u lous "

Fantastic wasn't it!

chelmsford

"Ok, now I'm going:

1st Hrvy

2nd Masie

3rd Bill

4th Jamie

My preference would be Masie to win though"

Agree with that, but I prefer Hrvy to win

chelmsford

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

thanks

Craig - Jamie

Motsi - Ranvir

Shirley - Jamiethanks , Jamie really has been the come back kid this season "

chelmsford

"I’m super happy Bill is in the final, sad for Ranvir though.

Same. I wanted Ranvir in the final "

She is lovely and definitely the most improved

chelmsford

"I've been avoiding this thread as I've only just watched on catch up.

So happy for Jamie, they weren't expecting that were they? He definitely improved on the top swivels but it wasn't watching him. Karen Hauer...... "

East Lancashire

In my opinion, Ranvir danced better than Jamie.

Didn't agree with Shirley's decision to give it to Jamie because "he showed more enthusiasm and determination". Ranvir was dancing a classic waltz....cant exactly go whooping and hollering dancing that, can you?

chelmsford

"In my opinion, Ranvir danced better than Jamie.

Didn't agree with Shirley's decision to give it to Jamie because "he showed more enthusiasm and determination". Ranvir was dancing a classic waltz....cant exactly go whooping and hollering dancing that, can you? "

Aah, I understand what you're saying but Jamie had far more content in his dance and although Ranvir looked beautifully elegant, some of her footwork was a little bit suspect. It was still hard to call x

Maidstone

"It was still hard to call x"

It was!

On Saturday nights dance, Craig spoke my thoughts when he said Ranvir just seemed like she didn't want to be there anymore... And even in the dance off, Jamie just had so much more determination...

It was a good run for Ranvir and I'm sure Strictly was a life changer and improved her confidence massively!

chelmsford

"It was still hard to call x

It was!

On Saturday nights dance, Craig spoke my thoughts when he said Ranvir just seemed like she didn't want to be there anymore... And even in the dance off, Jamie just had so much more determination...

It was a good run for Ranvir and I'm sure Strictly was a life changer and improved her confidence massively!"

Yes, bless her. It certainly seems to have changed things for her, that's a good thing

Maidstone

Hummm... It seems like there will be quite a few "couples choice" for the final. A real move away from traditional ball-room and Latin.

A step too far?

chelmsford

"Hummm... It seems like there will be quite a few "couples choice" for the final. A real move away from traditional ball-room and Latin.

A step too far?"

For me it is Suzie, I like tradition

I partly agree, I think Bill, Masie and Hrvy should be allowed couples choice

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I can’t remember which years, the first time she won it was ages ago with Harry Judd, it was a long time before she won it the second time with Jay McGuinness. I’m pretty sure you’re right that no-one’s won it back-to-back though."

I think Oti was paired with Bill to ensure there wouldn't be a back-to-back win. I don't think the production team expected him to do so well as he was the older/comedy candidate.

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

thanks

Craig - Jamie

Motsi - Ranvir

Shirley - Jamiethanks , Jamie really has been the come back kid this season "

He dances better in the dance off than he does in his first performance. It must gall knowing his career is built on being a posh reality celeb that the public don't want to vote for.

Maidstone

"I partly agree, I think Bill, Masie and Hrvy should be allowed couples choice "

Is it true Jamie is going to be doing three Couples Choices?

Cardiff

I think Oti was paired with Bill to ensure there wouldn't be a back-to-back win. I don't think the production team expected him to do so well as he was the older/comedy candidate.

"

Oh definitely, they always stitch up the champion by pairing them with a no-hoper, and they obviously thought that would be Bill.

Cardiff

"Hummm... It seems like there will be quite a few "couples choice" for the final. A real move away from traditional ball-room and Latin.

A step too far?"

Who’s doing couples choices altogether? I know Bill and Jamie are, but Maisie isn’t. I couldn’t watch It Takes Two tonight so I didn’t see HRVY and Janette, are they doing one?

"I partly agree, I think Bill, Masie and Hrvy should be allowed couples choice

Is it true Jamie is going to be doing three Couples Choices?"

chelmsford

Yes, 2/1 saved Jamie

thanks

Craig - Jamie

Motsi - Ranvir

Shirley - Jamiethanks , Jamie really has been the come back kid this season

He dances better in the dance off than he does in his first performance. It must gall knowing his career is built on being a posh reality celeb that the public don't want to vote for.

"

I can't make my mind up about him, he is a good dancer though.

chelmsford

"I partly agree, I think Bill, Masie and Hrvy should be allowed couples choice

Is it true Jamie is going to be doing three Couples Choices?"

In the past, the judges choose one of their dances and it's normally their worst dance

East Lancashire

I think all the dances in the final should be recognised dance styles. Couples choice (as i have said before) is entirely subjective, there is no way to compare it with any other dance. I dont even think they should be allowed a show dance......and I love the show dances (once again, not a recognised style).

As for who wins it????? That's down to us people....HRVY in my book, he is soooooo dreamy

chelmsford

"I think all the dances in the final should be recognised dance styles. Couples choice (as i have said before) is entirely subjective, there is no way to compare it with any other dance. I dont even think they should be allowed a show dance......and I love the show dances (once again, not a recognised style).

As for who wins it????? That's down to us people....HRVY in my book, he is soooooo dreamy "

I have to agree with you, I have no idea if the street dancing, hip hop etc is techniquely correct. It's still HRVY for me

I don't normally watch It Takes Two but I'm watching and now I really want HRVY to win. He's so sweet.

Maidstone

"I don't normally watch It Takes Two but I'm watching and now I really want HRVY to win. He's so sweet.

"

Oh ITT is brill. I do prefer Zoe as presenter...

It'll be a good final as it's such a tough call... !!!

West End Boy (Jamie) or East End Girl (Masie)? Both have been in dance-off's so have had their kick-up-the-...

Then the boys (HRVY and Bill) at opposite ends... Young HRVY we never expected to be bad, and old(er) Bill, we never expected to be sooooo good!

In terms of connection, I feel HRVY and Jeanette are magical together. And isn't Karen just enjoying the chemistry Jamie brings to their partnership?!

I'll just wait for the quality of performance tomorrow!

Prosecco ... Tick

Microwave popcorn ... Tick

Laptop ready to vote ... Tick

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It is a tough final. I think the winner will either be Hrvy or Bill as neither has been in the dance off and appear to have the voting public on their side.

Obviously the two best celebrity dancers are Maisey and Hrvy.

chelmsford

"I don't normally watch It Takes Two but I'm watching and now I really want HRVY to win. He's so sweet.

"

Aaw, he is

chelmsford

Oh ITT is brill. I do prefer Zoe as presenter...

It'll be a good final as it's such a tough call... !!!

West End Boy (Jamie) or East End Girl (Masie)? Both have been in dance-off's so have had their kick-up-the-...

Then the boys (HRVY and Bill) at opposite ends... Young HRVY we never expected to be bad, and old(er) Bill, we never expected to be sooooo good!

In terms of connection, I feel HRVY and Jeanette are magical together. And isn't Karen just enjoying the chemistry Jamie brings to their partnership?!

I'll just wait for the quality of performance tomorrow!

Prosecco ... Tick

Microwave popcorn ... Tick

Laptop ready to vote ... Tick"

Haha...can't wait

chelmsford

"It is a tough final. I think the winner will either be Hrvy or Bill as neither has been in the dance off and appear to have the voting public on their side.

Obviously the two best celebrity dancers are Maisey and Hrvy."

Yes down to the public

Maidstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA77ZQu8J9g

chelmsford

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA77ZQu8J9g"

Haha!!

chelmsford

It's......

****THE FINAL****

Maidstone

"It's......

****THE FINAL****"

Woohooooo!

chelmsford

"It's......

****THE FINAL****

Woohooooo!"

Indeed!!!

Not sure if anyone's seen ghis, but here's who's dong what tonight:

The dances and songs are:

Maisie and Gorka: Samba (performed to Conga! by Gloria Estefan), Showdance (We Need A Little Christmas by Idina Menzel), Quickstep (When You're Smiling by Andy Williams)

HRVY and Janette: Jive (Faith by Stevie Wonder feat. Ariana Grande), Showdance (Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind & Fire), American Smooth (One Singular Sensation from A Chorus Line)

Bill and Oti: Quickstep (Talk To The Animals by Bobby Darin) Showdance (The Show Must Go On by Queen), Couple's Choice (Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang)

Jamie and Karen Charleston (Zero To Hero from Hercules), Showdance (I'm Still Standing by Elton John), Couple's Choice (Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory)

I can't wait. I'll cry at the end though.

chelmsford

Oh thank you Jamie, I hadn't seen that!

chelmsford

"I can't wait. I'll cry at the end though."

Oh, Jan, bless you, me too... xx

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Everyone watching the final ?

On 1st dances, it's between Bill & Masie for me

Maidstone

"On 1st dances, it's between Bill & Masie for me"

I thought Masie's energy was 90%

Bill and HRVY for me so far...

Newcastle upon Tyne

Hrvy for us based on the first dances.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Maisie to win.x

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Bill all the way.

here

Bill to win

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I think bill will be offered Dr Dolittle as a stage show post covid

Bill to win

As an ex champion junior ballroom dancer, you have to vote for Bill to win

His age and how much he has improved ( to a point where he is as good as the younger dancers just not at lively) mean he has to win.

Newcastle upon Tyne

Bill and Maisie had the best show dances they did not try to throw everything in which gave their dances a much smoother feel and gave them wow factor.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Bill for me......as a non dancer he is fantastic

I've voted.

Have you?

doncaster

Maise to win

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

Bill and Maisie for us ... in the end ... Bill for being a legend at his age and novice status.

Maidstone

Showdances (I'm 15 mins behind on iPlayer...

HRVY - Slick! 3

Jamie - Theatre! 4

Bill - Confident! 2

Masie - Wowza! 1

North West

"I've voted.

Have you?"

Tried, but the phone line is busy

Maidstone

"I've voted.

Have you?

Tried, but the phone line is busy "

Just voted online, so quick and easy. You get six votes!

Shared all my six votes between

Bill, Masie, HRVY... But how many each?

North West

I voted

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

It's between Maisie & Bill. Bill will get the popular vote but Maisie is the better dancer.

here

Robbie writes a good tune

Maidstone

Wow! The two Argentine Tangos in the series had not been that sexy...

Voted as the most sexy dance of the series is Nicola and Katya! It's so sexy I'm naturally turning lesbian!

Get in there! well done Bill

here

Fantastic, amazing

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Well deserved

doncaster

"It's between Maisie & Bill. Bill will get the popular vote but Maisie is the better dancer."
this exactly

Brilliant,

Richly deserved!! History made twice over, Bill oldest winner, Oti first ever back to back winner

What a great final!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Go Bill!!!!

Maidstone

"Richly deserved!! History made twice over, Bill oldest winner, Oti first ever back to back winner "

Bravo and Brava!

By *uvhandle20Man  over a year ago

SE London

Well done Bill and Oti.

Northampton Somewhere

Such a brilliant show tonight. I think they all done so well, pleased for Oti but for me I think Maisie was the best all round dancer. Having said that I wanted HRVY to win just so Jeanette would win to

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Delighted ! Have wanted Bill to win all along . He smashed it , no one expected the oldie to get it YEY!!!

chelmsford

Fabulous entertainment! Any one of them would have been a deserving winner tonight. I still think HRVY was the best tecniqual dancer, but Bill was the most improved and had great entertainment value. Well done Bill and Oti...now what to do on a Saturday night! Thanks everyone for your opinions and comments.xxx

I didn't get to watch it live so my neighbours may have wondered why I was cheering Bill's win at midnight as we slipped into Tier 4.

I thought this was a really outstanding year, with so many firsts. I'm happy to lose Bruno permanently and the hollering audience. Or maybe I just have 2020 glasses on, grateful for anything that feels like a touch of pleasure and normality?

I really enjoyed Nicola and Katya dancing again. I'm glad they let them have that moment.

I felt that Bill and Oti made a genuine connection of love and respect that was much better to witness than any of the 'Strictly Curse' relationships. I think that added to the public wanting to vote for them.

I did get a bit cross seeing TwitTwatters calling for Motsi to be sacked as she 'fixed' it for Oti to win again. Who knew a Strictly judge could get so many people to vote for her sister?

Sewing Bee in the Strictly spot on Saturday.

East Lancashire

Can finally post (after serving a 48 hour ban....better left unsaid why).

Well, what a cracking final...everyone danced their best for it, and in the end the most likeable person won. I thought CRH was harsh in not giving Masie a 10 for her last dance, it was exquisite. Jamie stomped and jumped his way through with exuberance and zest. Bill was just so effortless with what he did (a very intelligent person who paid attention to his instructor). But for me, HRVY was the star of the show. His American Smooth was breathtaking. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Here's to Strictly 2021

chelmsford

"I didn't get to watch it live so my neighbours may have wondered why I was cheering Bill's win at midnight as we slipped into Tier 4.

I thought this was a really outstanding year, with so many firsts. I'm happy to lose Bruno permanently and the hollering audience. Or maybe I just have 2020 glasses on, grateful for anything that feels like a touch of pleasure and normality?

I really enjoyed Nicola and Katya dancing again. I'm glad they let them have that moment.

I felt that Bill and Oti made a genuine connection of love and respect that was much better to witness than any of the 'Strictly Curse' relationships. I think that added to the public wanting to vote for them.

I did get a bit cross seeing TwitTwatters calling for Motsi to be sacked as she 'fixed' it for Oti to win again. Who knew a Strictly judge could get so many people to vote for her sister?

"

Aaw..it was an outstanding show and full credit to everyone that made it happen. I am going to miss it so much and well done to lovely Bill

chelmsford

"Can finally post (after serving a 48 hour ban....better left unsaid why).

Well, what a cracking final...everyone danced their best for it, and in the end the most likeable person won. I thought CRH was harsh in not giving Masie a 10 for her last dance, it was exquisite. Jamie stomped and jumped his way through with exuberance and zest. Bill was just so effortless with what he did (a very intelligent person who paid attention to his instructor). But for me, HRVY was the star of the show. His American Smooth was breathtaking. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Here's to Strictly 2021"

Oh that's a lovely round up, sindy. HRVY was always my favourite, but anyone of them could have won that on merit

London

"I didn't get to watch it live so my neighbours may have wondered why I was cheering Bill's win at midnight as we slipped into Tier 4.

"

No one asked for Len to be sacked when his godchildren Kevin and Karen Clifton won. The same people calling for Motsi to be sacked were probably the same ones saying white, straight, middle aged men didn't stand a chance and it was fixed for either Maisie (one of the BBC's own) or Nicola Adam's, ticking every box to win.

These idiots conveniently overlook the public never placed Bill in the bottom two and it was the public voting for Bill that made him the winner.

Wanted him to win from the beginning: the fact he wasn't desperate and gushing helped too.

chelmsford

No one asked for Len to be sacked when his godchildren Kevin and Karen Clifton won. The same people calling for Motsi to be sacked were probably the same ones saying white, straight, middle aged men didn't stand a chance and it was fixed for either Maisie (one of the BBC's own) or Nicola Adam's, ticking every box to win.

These idiots conveniently overlook the public never placed Bill in the bottom two and it was the public voting for Bill that made him the winner.

Wanted him to win from the beginning: the fact he wasn't desperate and gushing helped too.

"

He was very surprised and very humble, they made a great couple

"

I try not to get cross when I see such blatant racist trolling but it was just so stupid that I got angry that they weren't even trying to hide it.

Strictly has been joy this year and I am so grateful for all the individual personal sacrifices made to allow it to go ahead.

He was very surprised and very humble, they made a great couple "

Would you do Strictly if asked?

chelmsford

Would you do Strictly if asked?"

I don't think I would actually...I am an ex dancer and never really enjoyed the competitions, I preferred teaching, to be honest

doncaster

It's certainly not a dancing competition sadly

chelmsford

"It's certainly not a dancing competition sadly "

It's always been more of a personality contest, with the public voting for their favourite celebrity

I don't think I would actually...I am an ex dancer and never really enjoyed the competitions, I preferred teaching, to be honest "

Ah really what sort of dance was you involved in?

chelmsford

I don't think I would actually...I am an ex dancer and never really enjoyed the competitions, I preferred teaching, to be honest

Ah really what sort of dance was you involved in?"

Ballroom and Latin, but mainly Latin. Done line dancing too, that was great fun and you don't need a partner

" Sewing Bee in the Strictly spot on Saturday.

"

chelmsford

" Sewing Bee in the Strictly spot on Saturday.

"

And, ahead of the Christmas special...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qjg4

Radio 4 The Reunion this morning was about the first series of Strictly.

chelmsford

"And, ahead of the Christmas special...

"

Gosh I can barely remember it

"And, ahead of the Christmas special...

Gosh I can barely remember it "

It's an interesting reunion. They were really struggling to get it off the ground.

chelmsford

Looking forward to the show tomorrow

chelmsford

Enjoyed the show last night. My all time favourite has to be Kristina Rihanoff and Simon Webbe's Argentine Tango...smoking hot!

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Enjoyed the show last night. My all time favourite has to be Kristina Rihanoff and Simon Webbe's Argentine Tango...smoking hot!"

M liked Faye and Giovannis Theatre and Jazz dance to Fever..... He's got a thing about Faye.

Louise and Kevin's Tango.

Stacey and Kevin's street commercial to Empire State of Mind.

E

chelmsford

"Enjoyed the show last night. My all time favourite has to be Kristina Rihanoff and Simon Webbe's Argentine Tango...smoking hot!

M liked Faye and Giovannis Theatre and Jazz dance to Fever..... He's got a thing about Faye.

E"

Yes, there are a lot of very good performances when you look back. I did rather like Kelvin last year x

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Enjoyed the show last night. My all time favourite has to be Kristina Rihanoff and Simon Webbe's Argentine Tango...smoking hot!

E

Yes, there are a lot of very good performances when you look back. I did rather like Kelvin last year x"

I'll be watching it later. He is a bit yummy though.

E

chelmsford

E

Yes, there are a lot of very good performances when you look back. I did rather like Kelvin last year x

I'll be watching it later. He is a bit yummy though.

E"

Mmm...

East Lancashire

Watching it tonight....wonder if HRVY will be on (got a bit of a thing for him )

chelmsford

"Watching it tonight....wonder if HRVY will be on (got a bit of a thing for him )"

I won't give any spoilers

North West

I totally agreed with the no.1 anyway

chelmsford

"I totally agreed with the no.1 anyway "

I did actually

London

"Enjoyed the show last night. My all time favourite has to be Kristina Rihanoff and Simon Webbe's Argentine Tango...smoking hot!"

Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowes Argentine Tango was number one for me.

London

E

Yes, there are a lot of very good performances when you look back. I did rather like Kelvin last year x"

My least favourite dance is the rumba, but Kelvin last year...can't tell you how many times I've watched it on YouTube.

chelmsford

E

My least favourite dance is the rumba, but Kelvin last year...can't tell you how many times I've watched it on YouTube. "

East Lancashire

Watched it....enjoyed it....am surprised that Louis Smith's Charleston wasnt in there, but all in all, a very enjoyable bit of tv, and as others have said cant disagree with the no 1 choice.

chelmsford

"Watched it....enjoyed it....am surprised that Louis Smith's Charleston wasnt in there, but all in all, a very enjoyable bit of tv, and as others have said cant disagree with the no 1 choice."

London

Just watched this and felt a but depressed actually: where has the time gone?!!

Surprised Danny Macs Charlestown or his showdance didn't make the final cut or Georgia Foots Charlestown but don't disagree with the number one choice.

chelmsford

"Just watched this and felt a but depressed actually: where has the time gone?!!

Surprised Danny Macs Charlestown or his showdance didn't make the final cut or Georgia Foots Charlestown but don't disagree with the number one choice."

I couldn't believe that some of the dances were so long ago...where has the time gone...

By *obilebottomMan 23 weeks ago

All over

When is it back ?

By *herry delightWoman 23 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

Usually begins in September x

By *obilebottomMan 23 weeks ago

All over

I wonder is they keep thecsame judges

By *exyEggsCouple 23 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"I wonder is they keep thecsame judges "

You mean Craig

Motsi

Shirley

And Anton?

I think so, yes