FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Difference between

Difference between

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

the relationship between dads and their daughters and on the other hand, mums and their sons? I was intrigued about some comments on the other thread about dads feeling/ anticipating the pain of having to give their daughters away..

So what is the difference?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am more closer to my dad than my mum.. Me and my dad are the same person.. Its scary but I do take after my mum in the respect I say what I think.. My dad hated giving me away as he knew I was making a mistake I just wished I'd listened to him

"I am more closer to my dad than my mum.. Me and my dad are the same person.. Its scary but I do take after my mum in the respect I say what I think.. My dad hated giving me away as he knew I was making a mistake I just wished I'd listened to him "
Understand what you mean...

I am a lot like my dad in terms of logic and thinking and a lot like my mum in terms of vivaciousness and spontanteity. The relationships between me and each of my parents has therefore always been quite different - both have been great and yet very very different.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

It's funny, when our Son got married, I suppose I looked on it as a "Me" going out to protect his life partner and for that I was very proud of him. When our daughter got married, I felt somehow that she was leaving me! She sort of found someone who could look after her better than I could..

It was as I spoke the words I had written that I realised and had my catharsis! Although I wrote and practised the speech, it was only as I stood in front of nearly 100 people, that they hit home.. It wasn't an ending, but a beginning!

I now realise that part of my life has ended and a new chapter has begun with Grandchildren..

"It's funny, when our Son got married, I suppose I looked on it as a "Me" going out to protect his life partner and for that I was very proud of him. When our daughter got married, I felt somehow that she was leaving me! She sort of found someone who could look after her better than I could..

It was as I spoke the words I had written that I realised and had my catharsis! Although I wrote and practised the speech, it was only as I stood in front of nearly 100 people, that they hit home.. It wasn't an ending, but a beginning!

I now realise that part of my life has ended and a new chapter has begun with Grandchildren.. "

Another great way of putting it - each door that shuts also opens another door of opportunity !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ha ha.......another deep thread.

I am very close with my Mum (not that I love her any more than me Dad). Again, my Mum and I are much closer in our outlook than my Dad and I........

Conversely, my brother is very close to my Dad, them both being in the services, both being in and engineering career........Hey ho, diferent folks and all that.......

I was the only girl in 4 children so I was 'the apple of my dads eye'. My mum was closest to my youngest brother (the baby); the other 2 brothers didn't have a chance!!!

"Ha ha.......another deep thread.

I am very close with my Mum (not that I love her any more than me Dad). Again, my Mum and I are much closer in our outlook than my Dad and I........

Conversely, my brother is very close to my Dad, them both being in the services, both being in and engineering career........Hey ho, diferent folks and all that......."

Interesting and clearly depending less on the gender and more on the similarities, aptitudes and likes/ dislikes

"I was the only girl in 4 children so I was 'the apple of my dads eye'. My mum was closest to my youngest brother (the baby); the other 2 brothers didn't have a chance!!!"
Thats really interesting also - the middle children often claim to be paid less attention and they sometimes act out and behave naughty as a result of it.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

mum passed away when i was 7,i always feel i missed out on that bond,but my wonderful Mum in Law made up for it,i feel blessed that i knew and loved her

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

first time i changed our son i knew to keep out of the line of fire..

and needed to...

first time i changed our daughter i had to ask 'how do i clean this'

"mum passed away when i was 7,i always feel i missed out on that bond,but my wonderful Mum in Law made up for it,i feel blessed that i knew and loved her "

"first time i changed our son i knew to keep out of the line of fire..

and needed to...

first time i changed our daughter i had to ask 'how do i clean this'

"

That really made me chuckle - just before going to bed lol

" the other 2 brothers didn't have a chance!!!Thats really interesting also - the middle children often claim to be paid less attention and they sometimes act out and behave naughty as a result of it."

Despite now being 2 of my best friends, I'm not ashamed to say that I could have throttled them many times when we were younger. They were, indeed, horrors

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

if all you ladies are so keen on your sons do you want an extra one? he comes free with clothes and an attitude - he might suit some of you with a thing for younger men too, he's 29!

[Removed by poster at 10/07/12 23:27:38]

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

I just noticed a mention of the age of some still at home, or perhaps left home but still dependant! We were lucky that ours both left home before that wore out their welcome. Daughter left home at 17 and came back for a year at 21. She then met a guy whom she married and they bought a house.. (after we gave them 5 grand deposit!

Our son met and married a lovely girl. They moved into her Granddads house which they got for a song and are still there... I think our son was about 22 years old..

Who knows how I would be feeling now if they or even one of them was still at home!

Difficult to say as I don't get on with my mum but I did always feel closer to my Dad (and I typed the heart smilie but it didn't work )

Far closer to Mum than Dad.

Mum is a hugs, cuddles, kisses and 'Love you' type, Dad is very much of the 'tough love' mould, very standoffish and never offers emotional support.

He was also absent for much of my childhood (4-15) as they divorced and then remarried each other 11 years later.

He has mellowed with age and revealed a softer side, but there is definately a strain there in our relationship.

It's not all him of course, cos I was fucker when I was a teenager (hard to believe I know ), so I have to take some responsibility for the lack of a father / son bond.

I do love him though and have never once doubted his love for me. We just don't really get on or see eye to eye on many things.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"Ha ha.......another deep thread.

Conversely, my brother is very close to my Dad, them both being in the services, both being in and engineering career........Hey ho, diferent folks and all that......."

same here.

i am closer to my mum as we are very similar (emotional, retarded, caring, overweight lol)

whereas my brother is closer to my dad as they are similar (selfish, uncaring, tightarsed)

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

My Dad worked permanent nights, so I tended to only see him for a cople of hours a day and at weekends. We were far to alike in temperament and would argue and neither of us would give in.

My Mum, oh I loved her to its, she was a cuddly person and just oozed love. I miss her every day and have on many occassions found myself wanting to pick up the phone to tell her someting. Wish I had her with me at the moment, tough times ahead

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I love my children equally - but was gutted when my daughter ran away.

Now they are in their twenties - they are equally as expensive (with a capital E, X, P, N, S, I and V)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive never been close to my dad, i rarely see him usually an hour at christmas and the odd phone call every now and again. Now my mum is my saviour and i dont say that lightly. She a strong women, intelligent and unfortunatly has me as her daughter lol.

Shes had to do and see things that no mother should have to see. Yet strangely i would do exactly the same for callum.

Callum and i are very very close even when i dont see him for weeks on end we spend a lot time chatting and he tells me everything. I dont tell him what to do and what to do. But i do give him lots of advice and he takes it on board.

I think even with my trials and health issues that ive always been a good mum.

He phoned me up the other daya after him and the "latest" split up and said it doesnt matter if i dont have a woman as ive always got you, i did laugh But he knows its true

» Add a new message to this topic