FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > celebrities

celebrities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovedupstill OP   Couple  over a year ago

mullinwire

do you buy into the whole celebrity culture we seem to have?

people being famous for just being who they are.

see, neither of us would recognise a celebrity if we walked past them in the street.

Em doesnt watch tv at all.

together we only watch dvd's of older programmes (father ted and so on).

her SIL goes to all these clubs when they have people doing personal appearences, to have photos with them.

i just dont get it.

what am i missing about it all?

and as for the crush about fancying celebs...i see cuter women in the shopping centre than some of these fake, make up plastered, people on the tv.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

i agree we had a celebrity come to our school i didnt know who it was and hadnt read the memo about the yr3 day so i wouldnt let him in

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am indifferent to it but I admire the ones who work hard, earn money and make a success from it.

Katie Price & Victoria Beckham etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am indifferent to it but I admire the ones who work hard, earn money and make a success from it.

"

getting your tits out is not hard work nor a talent.

"I am indifferent to it but I admire the ones who work hard, earn money and make a success from it.

getting your tits out is not hard work nor a talent."

Don't forget that Katie Price also slep with sportsmen and musicians to get her name known. working for your money. That, to me, isn't working. At least Victoria Beckham was in a group/designs clothes etc.

I'm sort of lost with the reality show celebrities e.g. Jersey Shore, Big Brother, Only way is Essex. Or the ones who are famous for marrying/dating/fucking someone famous.

I do like the more glamurous ones like actors and singers. At least most of them have a skill and artistic. I don't get the whole red carpet talk though about who's wearing what. It's silly how some of them get ridiculed for wearing the wrong toenail colour etc. There are whole shows about this ffs.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and I never quite understand the feeling often seen on here...

the site is supposed to represent a cross section of people, similar to the make up of the UK. Yet the majority on here slate them so it beggars belief who buys/reads these publications

celebrity only works if financed by the public and the biggest selling tabloids, celebzines .... that only survive if they sell.

the same people slated Murdoch and the NOTW when it suited yet made it the biggest selling paper. The protestations at the time of Milly Dowler's call screening was unbelievable... the tabloids have always rummaged through the bins scraping for scraps similar to rats...

Nah, I don't watch telly often so I never know who the feck they are. I don't buy the gossip mags either. I really hated the whole 'Big Brother' phenonemon all these tossers showing up everywhere, wtf?

But even real celebrities that I do admire, I've never given a toss who they're shagging/dining/marrying/fighting with, it doesn't interest me in the least.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

I recognised ray Wilkins today (well he was carrying an Olympic torch)

normal pl who just happen to be known, no beter no worse...might have more money and acheived more...but thats it...

they still shit,piss and masturbate

Many haters of celebs are the worst...its like they gotta hate someone to love them...try and find some fault so we can laugh at them

like the profiles on FAB(or other such sites), its a one dimensional image of the particualr person(s)...however ppl like to build up a 3d model of them without even knowing fuckall about them.

I don't really get a lot of the celeb culture...you can be a celeb for absolutely no reason whatsoever these days! Sports people and musicians with actual talent gain my respect, but I still don't fall at their feet...in fact have upset one or two in previous jobs because I didn't basque in their glory and treated them like any other customer x

By *icesweetgirlWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Why do you admire someone just cos they can kick a football or play a violin? Or paint a picture? they could be the worst person in the world in reality.

its all getting pathetic now. after jodie marsh's recent bodu building success, i saw today that kerry katona is attempting it

laughable

"Why do you admire someone just cos they can kick a football or play a violin? Or paint a picture? they could be the worst person in the world in reality. "

Hitler mighta became a great artist if theyd let him into art school lol

"Why do you admire someone just cos they can kick a football or play a violin? Or paint a picture? they could be the worst person in the world in reality. "

Can admire the talent...the person is a whole different thing. You often don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but can still respect something someone does well

By *eaverfeverCouple  over a year ago

nr Manchester

Fare play to the lot of them. If people want to make money from getting there tits out fine. I think if mine were bigger I would. Your a long time dead! !

By *acandJulesCouple  over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

The celebrity culture in this country is made by the gutter press ie; the sun, daily star and the mirror. These so called news papers build these people up to reach celebrity status so they can shot them down in flames. Before anybody say's they are not gutter press I remember The Sun hounding Boy George to the point of suicide and their big sister was the bastards who hacked Milly dowler's phone. Saying all that though this people who want their 15 minutes of fame deserve all they get from the press.

Yours

Mr Angry

Moaningville

» Add a new message to this topic