FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > More important?

More important?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My job and my wifes job overlaps, I start at 8 am and she finishes at 8 am, we have two children, but both bosses are failing to take them into account as both want us at our jobs at those times, never mind the travelling times, whats your opinion, ours are our kids are more important so thinking of chucking job in even tho we need the money?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 09/07/12 18:49:49]

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

bring them to the office and give them cereal in the conf room they will soon get it lol

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

It's not up to your employers to take your children into account, it's your responsibility!

And are you seriously asking if your jobs are more important than your kids???!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately some employees are very strict about start and finish times, it's individual discretion. Perhaps one of you or both of you could speak to your manager and explain the situation - perhaps offering to do extra hours some time. If not, is there a possibility that a friend or family could help out?

"It's not up to your employers to take your children into account, it's your responsibility!

And are you seriously asking if your jobs are more important than your kids???!!!"

That's not the case, you are perfectly entitled to ask for your working hours to be changed if you have valid family circumstances.........

I'd say pack the job, BUT make sure one or the other of you has another job to go to first, cos it's tough out here...........

"It's not up to your employers to take your children into account, it's your responsibility!

And are you seriously asking if your jobs are more important than your kids???!!!"

No, they definitely said kids were more important, even considering to give jobs up!!!

Nope the kids are vastly more important, but how do you deal with your employer if they are so fast up their own backside they take flexi time but won't allow you toooo, bareing in mind just finished maternity leave so they both well aware of the children

It's a tricky one that you want to change jobs, but obviously need a job for the kids sakes, I would agree with GeorgeyPeorgey, make sure you can get a different one...don't just walk.

I am guessing these r small employers rather than big companies who standardly seem to have policies in place to allow family friendly hours and terms!

"My job and my wifes job overlaps, I start at 8 am and she finishes at 8 am, we have two children, but both bosses are failing to take them into account as both want us at our jobs at those times, never mind the travelling times, whats your opinion, ours are our kids are more important so thinking of chucking job in even tho we need the money?"

you have three possible directions to go the first is to find another employer, the second is to convince your current employer to let you change your hours. Finally you organise care for your children to cover the overlap. None of them are ideal but if you can't continue as you are you will have to find an alternative.

Thank you all

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Nope the kids are vastly more important, but how do you deal with your employer if they are so fast up their own backside they take flexi time but won't allow you toooo, bareing in mind just finished maternity leave so they both well aware of the children"

if there is a business need for your employers not to allow flexi time then unfortunately you dont get it.

As with most things when you choose to have kids, sacrifices may have to be made, part time hours, working from home etc

perhaps you could offer to work your breaks to allow for coming in later or leaving earlier?

"It's a tricky one that you want to change jobs, but obviously need a job for the kids sakes, I would agree with GeorgeyPeorgey, make sure you can get a different one...don't just walk.

"

Bloody Hell......A Fab Forum first! Someone agrees with me.....(goes off to do a little dancy!)

"It's a tricky one that you want to change jobs, but obviously need a job for the kids sakes, I would agree with GeorgeyPeorgey, make sure you can get a different one...don't just walk.

Bloody Hell......A Fab Forum first! Someone agrees with me.....(goes off to do a little dancy!)"

Fuck! I agreed with someone ...that goes completely against my nature, enjoy it while you can GP

Bloody Hell......A Fab Forum first! Someone agrees with me.....(goes off to do a little dancy!)

Fuck! I agreed with someone ...that goes completely against my nature, enjoy it while you can GP "

Or we could let the run roll and offer to meet and see where it goes........

» Add a new message to this topic