FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Find a penny, pick it up

Find a penny, pick it up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

And all day you'll have a penny.

Are you superstitious? Do you cross your fingers when you see a black cat and bow when you see a magpie? Or are you happy walking under ladders and leaving your brolly up in the house?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

I'm very superstitious

Touch wood

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not in the least

I won't walk under ladders if there's someone on them but that's incase they drop summit on me bonce,

find a penny and pick it up..yeah that's ok as long as some joker has.nt superglued the fucker to the path..that happened when I tried to pick up 20p..now when I go out I allways take a hammer and chisel with me..next time the joke will be on them..

Superstitious... Yes...

If a waiter pours wine backhanded I will ask for another, poured properly...;-)

By *ysteryboatMan  over a year ago

Brighton

Not at all superstitious . . .

.. . but try never to leave the house or even talk about anything important on the 13th of every month . . .

... just in case there is something in it !

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Now my first reaction is i dont believe in superstions as such, but there is lots i do that i guess ive just taken for granted as the oldies used to come out with it.

Two that i always adhere to is you should never put red white flowers together without another colur and i dont pass on the stairs or have blossom in the house. I know thats three im sure i will think of other things i do.

Always pick up a penny

AS Neils Bohr said, when asked why he had a horse shoe hung in his house........

'I don't believe in superstitions, but I am aware that I don't need to believe in it for it to work......'

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

"AS Neils Bohr said, when asked why he had a horse shoe hung in his house........

'I don't believe in superstitions, but I am aware that I don't need to believe in it for it to work......'"

thatll do for me

superstition is the religion of the feeble minded

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"And all day you'll have a penny.

Are you superstitious? Do you cross your fingers when you see a black cat and bow when you see a magpie? Or are you happy walking under ladders and leaving your brolly up in the house?"

No i think its a load of bullshit....

Andy always say's if he see's one magpie, hello Mr magpie, how's your wife. Drives me mad as he says it so quietly I think he's talking to me (how silly of me).

I don't like new shoes on a table. But my parents and grandparents were murder and had a list as long as my arm of superstitions.

"find a penny and pick it up..yeah that's ok as long as some joker has.nt superglued the fucker to the path..that happened when I tried to pick up 20p..now when I go out I allways take a hammer and chisel with me..next time the joke will be on them.. "

Some years ago were in a pub having a few drinks and 2 guys came in with a huge paving slab..

someone had superglued a £1 coin so they stole the whole slab to teach the prankster a lesson.. new slab would have cost them about a fiver ..

not supersticious but always pick coins up lol

I work as a window cleaner..

so have seen loads of black pussy's

and ladders well they are my work tools

Not got a superstitious bone in my body.... besides, it's very unlucky to be superstitious. (well, someone had to say it, it would have been bad karma not to)

Quite a lot of this superstition business is psychsematic, I am sure. If you do something you consider lucky you FEEL lucky and so disregard any of the bad things that happen that day......

A funny thing, when I found out that putting shoes (or boots) on the table was a sign of a fight in the offing. My old lady told me, I asked why and my old man clouted me and said "that's how you know there is a fight in the offing".

I don't believe in the fight being in the offing, but fair play, I don't put me boots in the table anymore!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

S'pose I've gotta say I'm a bit superstitious cos I touch wood; if I pick a coin up, I try to pass it on cos a common 2nd line to the "see a penny" rhyme is "pass it on to a friend and your luck will never end", if I see 1 magpie, I do try to keep an eye out for another (although I don't say "Good Day Mr Magpie, and how's your lady wife?" when I see one)

Other than that, I'm not too bad....my mam has more superstititons than you can wave a stick at tho, it'd crash the fecking server if I tried to list them all......

» Add a new message to this topic