FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > square or rounded nails?

square or rounded nails?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

for me personally if i have fake acrylic or gel nails applied i never get asked if id prefer rounded or square.

naturally my nails are rounded off, which do you prefer?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

never worn fake nails and never will, as personally i think they look rather Crass!

but my real nails are rounded and they naturally do it with no help and they are great x

I have my nails done as i've bit them for years so they are really poor, dont grow well and break easy as they are very soft, so tho they may look crass they look better than bitten and chewed nails i hate the way they look but its a habbit ive done all my life and its very hard to quit

I have them squared but i dont have them really long, i just have them to hide all the years of nail biting as a child really

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

oooooo this is one for K, she gets her nails sharpened regularly

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Never wear false nails, wouldnt be able to afford to keep having them done. I stopped biting mine nearly two years ago but they still break off, but noone has ever commented on them

always rounded square ones split the wood

Cute- I personally prefer rounded nails to square ones lol. And I dont mean on myself lol!! Unless there goin down my back!!

I can't really afford to keep up with faulse ones either Cute, and I go through stages of biting my nails. so I tend to keep them shortish or they just break off, I keep them rounded so they dont catch on things and snap, and I keep them clear polished so's not to bite 'em

i think a woman looks more feminine/lady like if she has nice nails. Shows she looks after herself. Just my opinion of course

"I can't really afford to keep up with faulse ones either Cute, and I go through stages of biting my nails. so I tend to keep them shortish or they just break off, I keep them rounded so they dont catch on things and snap, and I keep them clear polished so's not to bite 'em "

mine have always been short because i worked in Health Care and since that had a little one with delicate skin. I dont always wear gel nails, just as a rare treat and its a feel good thing for me.

I tend to pick mine, rather than bite them though

Cute I like french polished nials both hands & feet.

"i think a woman looks more feminine/lady like if she has nice nails. Shows she looks after herself. Just my opinion of course "

So if through no fault of your own your nails snap and break and you choose not to waste/be able to afford false nails your not feminine. Guess its ok for those fortunate enough to have the money to spend

mine are done all the time, i have a full set put on, then 2 sets of infills and after 2 sets of infills i have them soaked off and new ones put on

I've never not got them on, i dont have fancy ones tho, i have clear nails that as a rule i just leave unpained just clear varnish so they look more natural, i only put colour on if im going out, as ive said i only have them done to hide the fact they are bitten as they look better than chewed nails

"i think a woman looks more feminine/lady like if she has nice nails. Shows she looks after herself. Just my opinion of course

So if through no fault of your own your nails snap and break and you choose not to waste/be able to afford false nails your not feminine. Guess its ok for those fortunate enough to have the money to spend"

just an opinion that nails look better when looked after and not chewed up.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I used to wear acrylics 10 years or so ago (rounded with gorgeous nail art) but stopped having them done when the chinese nail bar I went to got busted for drug dealing!!!! To be honest, they ruined my nails and it took 2 years to get them back into a decent condition - they've been a bit dodgy recently as I've had a coupla those Shellac manicures and I think they've made them a bit soft too. I do like to have a nice manicure now and again, but my main problem is I don't bite my nails, I bite the cuticles and the skin around my nails so that can sometimes look worse than bitten nails

Lush long nails original or fake both look & feel good to me, just go easy

As Natasha Beddingfield once sung

'I bruise easily' lol.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I can't deal with false nails day to day.. If I'm going out or going somewhere... then I may get them done.. but never even thought of square or rounded and I can't actually think what I've had...

Although I may not need them at all now... Finally after soooo many years I have given up biting my nails (well all but one of them so far lol) .. So I now have 9 of my own nails which are looking ok just now lol

"i think a woman looks more feminine/lady like if she has nice nails. Shows she looks after herself. Just my opinion of course

So if through no fault of your own your nails snap and break and you choose not to waste/be able to afford false nails your not feminine. Guess its ok for those fortunate enough to have the money to spend

just an opinion that nails look better when looked after and not chewed up. "

Thats not what you said though is it if you read back

just an opinion that nails look better when looked after and not chewed up.

Thats not what you said though is it if you read back"

you already know what i think as i've typed it out. I still think that having nicely presented nails makes a female look more feminine, or it adds and enhances her existing femininity.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

mine are fake, fake, fake... I have huge hands... and they are manly so I have nails to make them look girly.. I have patterns and thins stuck on them... I love them and that is all that matters to me!!

"I have my nails done as i've bit them for years so they are really poor, dont grow well and break easy as they are very soft, so tho they may look crass they look better than bitten and chewed nails i hate the way they look but its a habbit ive done all my life and its very hard to quit

I have them squared but i dont have them really long, i just have them to hide all the years of nail biting as a child really "

Bitten my since childhood too and have worn false nails for past 4 years.

Had a new crown fitted 4 weeks ago and can't bite my nails at all now

Nice natural nails are coming on fine now lol

"I have my nails done as i've bit them for years so they are really poor, dont grow well and break easy as they are very soft, so tho they may look crass they look better than bitten and chewed nails i hate the way they look but its a habbit ive done all my life and its very hard to quit

I have them squared but i dont have them really long, i just have them to hide all the years of nail biting as a child really "

Have you tried Hypnotherapy?

I bit my nails until about 6 months ago and had bitten them for as long as I could remember. Had 3 Hyno sessions and Haven't had the urge to bite them since.. I used to be disgusted with my self and ashamed of my nails, but not any more.

I thourght this was gonna be about nails as in hammer in ones..I did think it an odd thing for fab .but an easy mistake to make I mean its the weekend and lots of people will be banging away

I bit my nails all my life, then just under two years ago i stopped. It wasnt a conscious decision, i only realized i had stopped when i scratched myself. I have no idea why i stopped but glad that i did, even if they do still break off

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

My preference is to see natural nails rounded just past the end of the fingertips. Enough to look sexy, yet still able to do everything they need to do.

I do worry that the glue they use to attach the fake nail will actually damage the real nail.

U go for it Diamondgirly lol. If thats what makes u feel good, good on ya!! Ps. Goin to perve ure pix to see if you have any views on ure hands & nails.

I always have my nails done and hate it when they're not!! I think they look a lot more feminine and smart. always have mine square with very slight rounded edges. Mr finds them very attractive and a big turn on xx

" I mean its the weekend and lots of people will be banging away "

sadly i wont be

im taking offers of sympathy shags tho if anyones interested

Naughty It would have to be cyber then lol.

I'm lucky as I have never bit my nails. My nails I love them I always get comments about them if they are painted or clean and shiney.

But false nails do fuck up your owwn nail strenth and I see this from friends and my mom.

i pick mine rather than bite them, can go for weeks without picking then i'll become stressed and its the first thing to go

Natural nails for me with an occasional French polish for special occasions, if I wear polish too often the nail peals!?

I try to keep them squarish with neat cuticles and bare generally

Agree though that nice nails make me feel femanine as sexy a bit like wearing nice undies and hold ups

I don't like fake looking nails, they look cheap to me.

When I was younger I thought they were cool but they actually ruined my real nails.

Now I prefer having shortish nails and I'd round them to a nice shape and paint them dark.

I think well looked after natural nails look better than fake ones.

But I'd prefer seeing fake ones instead of chewed up ones. But not everyone can affort them! They're so hard to keep up!!!

Another one here who prefers natural nails to falsies.

I have mine rounded, tend to keep them buffed / natural polish in the week, and only coloured at the weekends.

Like others, i do tend to pic at mine sometimes, and they are not very strong anyway.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i maintain my own nails and am lucky that i can grow my own quite long. i have had acrylic in the past but they are a treat expense for me, maybe birthday present or something

i want to try that shellac nail verish thing though that doesnt chip and lasts for 2 weeks or so

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

oh...and square for me

used to drive my sis mad when she was doing her nail course as she wanted to do the round haha

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I gave up false nails and let mine grow. Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails is fab for everyday use - it's like a coat of teflon. They're naturally square but I round them. They are very long now, which means I can get some strange looks when wearing boy clothes!

Forum Mod

Ive only ever had then done once for my wedding years ago

I can't have long nails due to work but they grow really quickly and naturally grow in a squarish shape which i prefer,if I file them rounded they break anyway so I just let them do what they naturally do when im on holiday and can let them grow longer

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Squoval gets my vote. No sharp corners, but the strength of a straight nail.

I sometimes have gel, but I prefer the soak off gel which at least limits the damage.

At the moment hough I'm growing my natural nails back in. I have often been told that I'm

wearing false ones by people who don't believe that they can be that long and real...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I like mine rounded I think,

I am blessed mine are long and strong and totally natural. I look after my own toes and fingers usually once a fortnight.

If you have weak nails eat jelly and buy hair and nail suppliments from holland and barret.

codliver oil and lots of massage creams into base of nail . sally hansen specialty nail varnishes or go to sally hair supplier and get special nail treatments.

Rubbing the base of nail on other palm helps the blood supply this will improve your nail condition.

I'm not into fakery, false hair, false tan, false eyelashes, false boobs and false nails. You never know what bits may fall off people next.

I have my nails rounded but not too long.

cinnamon you got talons

as long as i can scratch down a mans back/chest thats long enough for me lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I recently lost my manacurist as she has left the area and decided to try and grow my nails naturally.

After some weeks they are getting to the stage where the nail has grown out that had the acrylic on. So I shall see what happens.

I had them long and pointed as I have small hands and they looked more elegant.

I counted myself lucky that I could afford to have them looked after.

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman  over a year ago

amersham

I use stick-on ones from the chemist and have done so for a year. They are squarish but not too long with a built in French manicure and I am always being complimented on them. Elegant quick solution for under £2. I love them

wore fake nails for a wedding once but they were a bliddy nuisance. Tidy does me these days.

"wore fake nails for a wedding once but they were a bliddy nuisance. Tidy does me these days."

lol takes me a few days to adapt.

im happy with my nails at the moment i wouldnt want to go no longer

i had acrylics done 3 weeks ago and everyone loves them no complaints yet lol and they wear painted an opacue pinky colour but since ive had french manicure green tips and yellow tips great being able to paint them myself lol

how long do they normally last and how do they come off and wat r infills

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"i had acrylics done 3 weeks ago and everyone loves them no complaints yet lol and they wear painted an opacue pinky colour but since ive had french manicure green tips and yellow tips great being able to paint them myself lol

how long do they normally last and how do they come off and wat r infills "

Infills are having the bottom of the nail filled again as the natural nail grows (if that made sense), I used to have mine done about every 2 weeks, and I think I had them took off and redone about every 8 weeks or so. Just be aware your natural nails may take a while to recover when you stop having acrylics

no matter

"cinnamon you got talons

as long as i can scratch down a mans back/chest thats long enough for me lol"

Im told real ones scratch so much better than acrylics ..The requests I get here from men wanting me to try them out on their backs makes me laugh.

ah so they dont just come off or anything then

no matter

mine ? no only when they break..

Prefer natural to fake and rounded.

I don't bite my nails but I do keep them short with no polish on them, mainly because of my job but I've never been into long painted nails anyway, they harbour bacteria.

Bitten down nails with the skin growing tough and hard doesn't look very nice. The worst though for anyones hands are nails and side of fingers that are stained with nicotine.

» Add a new message to this topic