FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thomas Hamilton

Thomas Hamilton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ayjay218 OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

On the Dunblane tragedy that people mention when Andy Murray plays. Everyone remembers hamilton but do we remember any of the wee ones names? I promised myself i would always remeber one of the darlings names and still do x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

x

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

dont even remember the guys name.

tbh i think only locals would really remember the intricacies of the tragedy, even though the nation obviously remembers the entire incident.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I remember the name of the teacher who was murdered, Gwen Mayor.

it was a horrible tragedy, however..children have died all across the world in more tragic events, because its very close to home, should not ruin our empathy to those further away in other such tragedies, no matter how they were inflicted

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"it was a horrible tragedy, however..children have died all across the world in more tragic events, because its very close to home, should not ruin our empathy to those further away in other such tragedies, no matter how they were inflicted"

all events are tragic with children, none more, none less

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"On the Dunblane tragedy that people mention when Andy Murray plays. Everyone remembers hamilton but do we remember any of the wee ones names? I promised myself i would always remeber one of the darlings names and still do x"

i remember the tragedy but no clue who Hamilton is or why he is mentioned when Murray played (infact i have never even heard this) what is the connection?

Aberdeen

I agree with what you say but dont you have more empathy for your own? The closer you are. Like new yorkers for their own during 9/11 Londers during 7/7 or even your own family if one is taken from you through an act of violence

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I was living in Denver and can remember the headlines on US TV

I have never felt more Scottish nor homesick in my life... xx

Aberdeen

"On the Dunblane tragedy that people mention when Andy Murray plays. Everyone remembers hamilton but do we remember any of the wee ones names? I promised myself i would always remeber one of the darlings names and still do x

i remember the tragedy but no clue who Hamilton is or why he is mentioned when Murray played (infact i have never even heard this) what is the connection?"

Andy Murray was in another classroom in Dunblane primary school when Thomas haliton murdered all those children

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"it was a horrible tragedy, however..children have died all across the world in more tragic events, because its very close to home, should not ruin our empathy to those further away in other such tragedies, no matter how they were inflicted"

agreed, it was a tragedy as the loss of any innocent person is..

not really sure how any other death can be 'more tragic' tbh..

"I agree with what you say but dont you have more empathy for your own? The closer you are. Like new yorkers for their own during 9/11 Londers during 7/7 or even your own family if one is taken from you through an act of violence"

its one of the reasons I dont accept sick jokes about ppl dying in other parts of the world.u wouldnt want it joked about to ur own...so my empathy lies in being universally appreciative of life, not from the notions of blood or distance.To a lost life.Especially when its lives that havent had much time on the planet.

"it was a horrible tragedy, however..children have died all across the world in more tragic events, because its very close to home, should not ruin our empathy to those further away in other such tragedies, no matter how they were inflicted

not really sure how any other death can be 'more tragic' tbh.."

100,000 people in tsunami..is more tragic...if we count the numbers of children regardless of whether it was an act of god or man.

in Lancashire

"it was a horrible tragedy, however..children have died all across the world in more tragic events, because its very close to home, should not ruin our empathy to those further away in other such tragedies, no matter how they were inflicted

100,000 people in tsunami..is more tragic...if we count the numbers of children regardless of whether it was an act of god or man."

in quantity yes, but individually each one is equally as tragic to family etc..

the kids dying as we 'speak' due to lack of clean water, preventable diseases etc etc are all equally tragic and happen every day in their hundreds..

one big 'event' yes is imprinted on the collective psyche but every minute of every day children also die..

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

100,000 people in tsunami..is more tragic...if we count the numbers of children regardless of whether it was an act of god or man.

in quantity yes, but individually each one is equally as tragic to family etc..

the kids dying as we 'speak' due to lack of clean water, preventable diseases etc etc are all equally tragic and happen every day in their hundreds..

one big 'event' yes is imprinted on the collective psyche but every minute of every day children also die.."

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and some are living a life so shocking it doesn't bear thinking about..... exploited every day.

my thoughts for them also x

in Lancashire

"and some are living a life so shocking it doesn't bear thinking about..... exploited every day.

"

yes indeed, child trafficking into the uk is rife..

as slaves but usually to be raped by sick paedophiles..

staggering, and we are meant to be a civilised society?

"and some are living a life so shocking it doesn't bear thinking about..... exploited every day.

"

» Add a new message to this topic