FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How many people here bet on sporting events?

How many people here bet on sporting events?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just been looking at odds on some things and was before the Euros and some of the odds have sweet FA to do with chances of winning. Do you think bookies cash in on peoples loyalty to a star/club/sport and fleece them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Once in a blue moon for me, grand national FA couple final if I want to make it interesting. I've never seen a poor bookie so figure its a no win option.

Only ever bet on the Grand National and won money a few times just by picking a nice name .... pure chance I think with that race.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I bet on the national and thats just for fun.

Its the mugs that spend their money in the bookies. After all the bookies doesnt drag them in off the street.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No, never have.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I never bet on anything, nor gamble...

well a Lottery ticket, nowt else

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

I do sometime RA. Backed Spain to beat Italy 4 0 so won a load.

"I bet on the national and thats just for fun.

Its the mugs that spend their money in the bookies. After all the bookies doesnt drag them in off the street."

Only time I went in a bookies was when I was looking for my vet.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Do you think bookies cash in on peoples loyalty to a star/club/sport and fleece them?"

Of course. The England football team's odds are never long enough to reflect reality, because the bookies know people will back them regardless.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I bet there is quite a few.

"Do you think bookies cash in on peoples loyalty to a star/club/sport and fleece them?

Of course. The England football team's odds are never long enough to reflect reality, because the bookies know people will back them regardless."

Are there any odds long enough to reflect Englands chances of winning a tournament? 1,000,000/1

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Do you think bookies cash in on peoples loyalty to a star/club/sport and fleece them?

Of course. The England football team's odds are never long enough to reflect reality, because the bookies know people will back them regardless."

Yeh that's what I am getting about it doesn't relate to chances.

By *ipgloss..Woman  over a year ago

Stourbridge

I bet on anything that moves!!

Only bet what I can afford to lose though, sometimes it pays off well haha

Generally they do look at how much they are taking in overall against how much they will pay out. Not just based on favourites but in the unlikely event that a 100/1 chance wins.

Hence they shorten odds on some one even if its got no chance of winning. Because some will look at it, think its been shortened and therefore has a chance.

It's all kiddoligy by bookmakers

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I always bet on the Grand National and for most of my life it was the only time I ever went into a bookies.

However, the last world cup I started betting online, it was the free £25 of bets. I'll likely not use the account for anything other than the World Cup and for Euro Cup as I tend to only watch international football. I really enjoyed the in-play betting, who would score first and so on. It does make it fun when a few of you have bets on different players and you watch it together.

I would not bet large amounts of money, nothing more than I would consider to be pocket change, just to keep it fun.

I'll bet on anything. Things like the Euros,The price you get in England for England is dictated by the fact that your in England (if that makes sense)You might get 12/1 on England for a major tournament but they'd be 20/1 in any other European country that has online/betting shops.

This year has seen 3 'super horses',unfortunately although its a joy to watch them run,the long odds on prices have meant that the ordinary punter in the bookies hasn't been on them.

NB. Bookmakers would rob their owb granny if they thought there was a couple of bob in it for them and I know from past experience greyhound racing is as bent as a 9 bob note

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I only bet on football....won a few quid as well

I can't help thinking of little old men with flat caps shuffling into betting offices reading this. I trust that's not the image of those of you who do indulge.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"I can't help thinking of little old men with flat caps shuffling into betting offices reading this. I trust that's not the image of those of you who do indulge. "

I don't have a flat cap.

"I can't help thinking of little old men with flat caps shuffling into betting offices reading this. I trust that's not the image of those of you who do indulge.

I don't have a flat cap.

"

Maybe its visions from my younger days I don't think though I have ever been in a betting shop. I imagine they are dark poorly lit rooms packed with men fidgeting and smoking till the air is dense with smoke and occasional someone screaming in happiness and more often in despair.

new fifa rankings today..england are 4th in the world

"I can't help thinking of little old men with flat caps shuffling into betting offices reading this. I trust that's not the image of those of you who do indulge.

I don't have a flat cap.

Maybe its visions from my younger days I don't think though I have ever been in a betting shop. I imagine they are dark poorly lit rooms packed with men fidgeting and smoking till the air is dense with smoke and occasional someone screaming in happiness and more often in despair. "

spent most of my childhood in bookie's shops, mainly because my rels ran one

Wolf

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

I don't have a flat cap.

Maybe its visions from my younger days I don't think though I have ever been in a betting shop. I imagine they are dark poorly lit rooms packed with men fidgeting and smoking till the air is dense with smoke and occasional someone screaming in happiness and more often in despair. "

Having admired your pictures enough times now, if you ever come in my betting shop the last thing I'd be worried about was putting a bet on!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't bet in the conventional sense.. I am a spread better... which means instead of taking a team just straight up to win or lose I take a team to win for/against the spread... it makes it a lot more interesting and a lot less one sided...

I don't have a flat cap.

Maybe its visions from my younger days I don't think though I have ever been in a betting shop. I imagine they are dark poorly lit rooms packed with men fidgeting and smoking till the air is dense with smoke and occasional someone screaming in happiness and more often in despair.

Having admired your pictures enough times now, if you ever come in my betting shop the last thing I'd be worried about was putting a bet on!

"

Would I have to step over comatosed mature men in raincoats holding ferrets while their whippets are tied up outside?

I worked and managed a bookies for 3 years and some stuff people have written make me laugh lol x

"I worked and managed a bookies for 3 years and some stuff people have written make me laugh lol x "

People have perceptions that are so far from reality, its pretty much the same non swingers have on the swinging scene. I don't think though non swingers think we have ferrets, whippets and fault caps...I may be wrong though.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

i spend about £10 a week with an online bookmaker, biggest win to date, £294 on a combi Tricast that cost me £6

withdrew it all except the tenner i started out with, have not really won anyting though, as each week if i aint one add another £10 to the account, and certainly have spent more than that

coincidently as i am reading ths thread they just sent me an email offering odds of 9/2 on Murray to win Wimbledon, wont be taking that bet

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I've never put a bet on anything.

No I don't, in fact I rarely gamble, would rather not waste my money

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

buy a lottery ticket

but i have never been in a betting shop

"I worked and managed a bookies for 3 years and some stuff people have written make me laugh lol x

People have perceptions that are so far from reality, its pretty much the same non swingers have on the swinging scene. I don't think though non swingers think we have ferrets, whippets and fault caps...I may be wrong though. "

Haha yeah true!!! Xx

I'll have a £10 on the liberals to drop a bollock at the next elections. Bet the odds on that is crap.

» Add a new message to this topic