FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If you could

If you could

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you could go back in time to one particular moment and change or alter it slightly what would it be ?

Weather its just a moment you want to relive, a chance to save a loved one, a chance to save yourself, a chance to tell someone something you should have, a chance to help someone. Well you get the idea.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I wouldn't alter a thing as the potential consequences are too great - take a read of Ben Elton's "Time After Time" or Stephen King's "11.12.63" for two examples of this.

I'd go back to D-Day though and wherever my Grandad was just so I can see what part he played in that day of days close hand

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I wouldnt

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The only thing I’d want to change is the days I was due to visit my grandparents, I’d go one or two days earlier so I got to say goodbye.

Other than that, I’d change nothing as you never know whether that small tweak would actually lead you on a better path

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’d probably go back to when my stepdad died. He was unconc*ous on a ventilator and not expected to last the night so we were staying at his bedside. Nurse came in to do her obs and I told my mum to go and move her car nearer to the entrance before it got dark as the car park was emptying and thought it would be safer for her.

Sure as eggs, as soon as she left the bloody alarms on the ventilator started beeping and my step-dad passed away.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Although I’m content and happy where I am I think I would’ve been better off in the present if at the age of 13 I sat myself down and had a word with myself;

I’d have altered my image (was the jolly fat friend), applied myself better at school and continued to play football!!

I could’ve been the new Peter Schemeichel

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd save myself.

I did anyway, eventually, but it shouldn't have been this way.

"If you could go back in time to one particular moment and change or alter it slightly what would it be ?

Weather its just a moment you want to relive, a chance to save a loved one, a chance to save yourself, a chance to tell someone something you should have, a chance to help someone. Well you get the idea. "

I’d go back to the start of this thread and make this comment more Intellectual

"I'd save myself.

I did anyway, eventually, but it shouldn't have been this way."

Glad you eventually did.

By *appyhumper123Man  over a year ago

hull

2003 1030am Iraq, I'd like to go back to 2003 1015am and 3 of my mates would still be with me sitting in the mess drink beer??

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"I’d probably go back to when my stepdad died. He was unconc*ous on a ventilator and not expected to last the night so we were staying at his bedside. Nurse came in to do her obs and I told my mum to go and move her car nearer to the entrance before it got dark as the car park was emptying and thought it would be safer for her.

Sure as eggs, as soon as she left the bloody alarms on the ventilator started beeping and my step-dad passed away. "

It is said.. And I have found from personal experience that people wait until all or some close family are away from their bedside to die. I'm a nurse and I work with elderly and end of life clients. The amount who draw their last breath when their relative just leaves the room is massive. They're always with someone tho..

"I’d probably go back to when my stepdad died. He was unconc*ous on a ventilator and not expected to last the night so we were staying at his bedside. Nurse came in to do her obs and I told my mum to go and move her car nearer to the entrance before it got dark as the car park was emptying and thought it would be safer for her.

Sure as eggs, as soon as she left the bloody alarms on the ventilator started beeping and my step-dad passed away.

It is said.. And I have found from personal experience that people wait until all or some close family are away from their bedside to die. I'm a nurse and I work with elderly and end of life clients. The amount who draw their last breath when their relative just leaves the room is massive. They're always with someone tho.. "

Nice thought

Id go back about 3 years and change a few stuff

By *imple2020Man  over a year ago

Co Durham

"I'd save myself.

I did anyway, eventually, but it shouldn't have been this way."

Definitely this

By *avey57Man  over a year ago

cheshunt

I would have gone back to just before Xmas 1985 and tampered with my brother in laws car so that they didn’t go out that fateful night and all die. Sod the timeline consequences. She is buried for eternity with a guy she was going to leave

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

There's been many regrettably moments in my life but like i often say to Babygirl.

If I changed one tiny thing it could have changed to course of my life and i may not have ended up here with her.

So no, I would change nothing

"I would have gone back to just before Xmas 1985 and tampered with my brother in laws car so that they didn’t go out that fateful night and all die. Sod the timeline consequences. She is buried for eternity with a guy she was going to leave"

Aww

I'd go back to the holiday I had when I was 15. I'd try and persuade my cousin not to leave me alone with one odd the local lads.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Not in my lifetime, but I'd go back to occupied Netherlands from 1941 and stop my relatives getting on those trains.

Not meet the ex.

Serial domestic abuser. Damaged my families life. Screwed up my children.

I'd go back to March 2001 and stop myself from shagging the one person who ruined the rest of my life.

By *uvhandle20Man  over a year ago

SE London

I wish I could go back to school and hug and kiss my then girl friend before everybody went on holiday. She had an accident and never came back. I still miss her

The Royal Wedding in 2011. I had the perfect spot on the Mall, but I left it to grab a bottle of water and see the wedding on the huge screen they had at Trafalgar square with the intention of running back before the procession down the Mall had begun. I thought I had time to get back, but the police had blocked off the exits. A crowd of us ran down every street looking for a gap that would lead us back to the Mall. No such luck. I could hear the crowds cheering louder and I knew I was missing the Royal procession down the Mall. I finally found a side entrance but the crowds were so deep trying to get in that I ended up stuck behind a huge brick wall. I could hear the crowds cheering even louder as the sound of horses and carriages rolled by on the other side of the wall. I was missing everything. I felt bad for a lady who was with me (she had come all the way from Australia to see it). I only wished I had stayed at my original spot in the Mall, or even my comfy spot at Trafalgar square where I could have seen the procession on the big screen. So the moment finally came, and went, and I had missed the entire procession. The police finally let us in the Mall, but we were so far back, that we could barely see the palace. The statue of Queen Victoria completely blocked our view of the palace balcony, and we missed the royal kiss. I flew back home and my friends and relatives had a good laugh when I told them because they saw more at home on their TV than I did, and I was right there and saw nothing. Wish I could have told myself to stay put at my original spot. The following year I went to the 2012 Diamond jubilee and rigidly stayed put in the Mall and saw everything. I learnt my lesson.

"The Royal Wedding in 2011. I had the perfect spot on the Mall, but I left it to grab a bottle of water and see the wedding on the huge screen they had at Trafalgar square with the intention of running back before the procession down the Mall had begun. I thought I had time to get back, but the police had blocked off the exits. A crowd of us ran down every street looking for a gap that would lead us back to the Mall. No such luck. I could hear the crowds cheering louder and I knew I was missing the Royal procession down the Mall. I finally found a side entrance but the crowds were so deep trying to get in that I ended up stuck behind a huge brick wall. I could hear the crowds cheering even louder as the sound of horses and carriages rolled by on the other side of the wall. I was missing everything. I felt bad for a lady who was with me (she had come all the way from Australia to see it). I only wished I had stayed at my original spot in the Mall, or even my comfy spot at Trafalgar square where I could have seen the procession on the big screen. So the moment finally came, and went, and I had missed the entire procession. The police finally let us in the Mall, but we were so far back, that we could barely see the palace. The statue of Queen Victoria completely blocked our view of the palace balcony, and we missed the royal kiss. I flew back home and my friends and relatives had a good laugh when I told them because they saw more at home on their TV than I did, and I was right there and saw nothing. Wish I could have told myself to stay put at my original spot. The following year I went to the 2012 Diamond jubilee and rigidly stayed put in the Mall and saw everything. I learnt my lesson. "

Wow that took a bit of reading.

I’d go back to 1988 and tell my brother not to run across the dual carriage-way after school

"Not meet the ex.

Serial domestic abuser. Damaged my families life. Screwed up my children."

Aww hope your okay now x

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I'd like to re-live my first rock concert. Luke

Friday 24th August 2018.

I'd do it all again only differently

We could go to Dallas November 1963 stand next to the grassy knoll and shout "DUCK"

"Friday 24th August 2018.

I'd do it all again only differently "

Oh what happened?

» Add a new message to this topic