FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When did you stop watching the news ?

When did you stop watching the news ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I stopped 2 years ago, it’s brilliant, I haven’t got a clue what’s going on, my theory is, if it’s serious enough someone will mention it at work, if not I carry on my day obvious to what’s going on.

If you do watch the news, why do you, why put your self through it, when you could be chilling out and vibing to some dub reggae ?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I stopped 2 years ago, it’s brilliant, I haven’t got a clue what’s going on, my theory is, if it’s serious enough someone will mention it at work, if not I carry on my day obvious to what’s going on.

If you do watch the news, why do you, why put your self through it, when you could be chilling out and vibing to some dub reggae ?! "

I stopped when BBC news blamed the fire service for Grenfell. Took an awful lot of straws to break that camel's back but that was the last one.

With you on the reggae tho... one love.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I stopped 2 years ago, it’s brilliant, I haven’t got a clue what’s going on, my theory is, if it’s serious enough someone will mention it at work, if not I carry on my day obvious to what’s going on.

If you do watch the news, why do you, why put your self through it, when you could be chilling out and vibing to some dub reggae ?! "

Personally I wouldnt say not having a clue what was going on..was 'brilliant'

liverpool

If you do watch the news, why do you, why put your self through it, when you could be chilling out and vibing to some dub reggae ?!

I stopped when BBC news blamed the fire service for Grenfell. Took an awful lot of straws to break that camel's back but that was the last one.

With you on the reggae tho... one love."

Did the bbc conduct the enquiry?

Personally I wouldnt say not having a clue what was going on..was 'brilliant'"

It has improved my life exponentially.

Still havent its how i now vent my anger at the things iv lost this year by shouting at the tv

With you on the reggae tho... one love.

Did the bbc conduct the enquiry?"

Of course not, you know they didnt.

I've never watched/read the news regularly. The first time I followed a news story was when the US bombed Tripoli, Libya (because I'd been there). From then on I only followed big stories (wars, terrorist attacks, pandemics). Most of the other stuff just wafts past.

Personally I wouldnt say not having a clue what was going on..was 'brilliant'"

I beg to differ, I don’t like the ‘this is serious shit music’ at the start of the news, most things people won’t even know about or notice, just get on with your day, they don’t even do the light hearted story at the end, you know the skateboarding bulldog one.

Many years ago...don t bother with news...most of it is just crap

liverpool

It has improved my life exponentially. "

I think people not taking an interest in things is one of the reasons we have got kids going hungry and a load of absolute #@#@@ running the country.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

When I was on medication for depression I stopped watching the news and reading newspapers. I get my news from the radio, short concise bulletins. No doom mongering.

I think people not taking an interest in things is one of the reasons we have got kids going hungry and a load of absolute #@#@@ running the country."

It’s not that I don’t take an interest, but I don’t like to be told what I should be scared about.

Id say around time as you city jeans, also quit social media and stopped buying newspapers.

Lifes so so much better without politics & and negative nonsense that i was watching/reading and that irritated and angered me... which yep you guessed i cant change or do anything about.

By *ustfulmusingCouple  over a year ago

ilpseich

Stopped watching the BBC since Brexit

I Just look online whilst trying to avoid the BBC which isn’t easy to do !

I think you have a point ,keeping my world a lot smaller these days and it’s less depressing

So much good that goes on in the world and we hardly hear any of it

Mrs

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 23/10/20 19:41:42]

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I hardly watch tv but like to watch the News.

Omg

I thought it was just me!!

I stopped yonks ago..

Id say around time as you city jeans, also quit social media and stopped buying newspapers.

Lifes so so much better without politics & and negative nonsense that i was watching/reading and that irritated and angered me... which yep you guessed i cant change or do anything about. "

Yep, look after the things you can control and don’t waste energy on things you can’t, I dip in and out of funny Twitter, stay away from the politics on there, it’s exhausting.

Years ago, then started again in March. Then stopped round about May, cause my mental health was too shit

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Always keep myself updated watching as much news in case it effects any of my plans and this mysterious UFO that keeps popping up everywhere else and if Andrew has finally surrendered to the USA

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Along time ago. Like you if something is serious it will pop up somewere.

Definitely not worth watching as its the same shit different day

liverpool

Lifes so so much better without politics & and negative nonsense that i was watching/reading and that irritated and angered me... which yep you guessed i cant change or do anything about. "

You can vote.

I think people not taking an interest in things is one of the reasons we have got kids going hungry and a load of absolute #@#@@ running the country."

I guess there's a difference between avoiding news coverage and taking an interest in key issues such as elections and policy making. Especially if you have any influence.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

March 2020.

By *lipy123TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

About 12 years ago stopped watching news and newspapers. Like you said if its really important other people will mention it in conversation. Life's a lot better without it

I try to avoid news everywhere. If something catches my eye I might research it a bit but I am mostly a news free zone. Life still seems to carry on pretty much the same.

I don’t watch the news because my parents always had the news on when I was growing up so I couldn’t see programmes like The Young Ones which was on at the same time.

Only had the one television.

I do read the news on the internet multiple times a day though

Never watched it, always getting bombarded by you tube with Rona shiz.....yaaaawwn.

I watch some to stay misled. But other than that nah. Got enough of our own shit to deal with.

J

I've never made a point of watching it or reading newspapers.

And I'm not on social media other than Fab either.

Like you said OP if there was something I really needed to know then I'm sure someone would tell me.

There's nothing more unattractive to me than people that rant on about politics etc ..

The virus forum on here speaks volumes

I avoid the stuff I don't like and just pay attention to the bits I want to know about.

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

Is it true that NEWS is North East West South ? Just asking for a friend as I think it's a made up thing x

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I just hear the headlines and then prepare dinner. Then get back in time for the weather.

Years ago, I don't buy news papers either

liverpool

I think people not taking an interest in things is one of the reasons we have got kids going hungry and a load of absolute #@#@@ running the country.

I guess there's a difference between avoiding news coverage and taking an interest in key issues such as elections and policy making. Especially if you have any influence."

But surely not being well informed has a consequence on how you vote?(I wont mention the b word)

I kind of 'have to' for my job. But yeah, I generally stopped watching (especially in my 20's) and paying attention and my mental health improved dramatically.

It's important to know what's going on, but important to realise that it's out of your control, so just try and enjoy the spectacle of it instead (eg - US elections).

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I don’t watch the news but choose to read what I wish to read when I feel the need to read it

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Stoped buying a newspaper about 25yrs ago, I’d buy them at random to try & keep it on an even keel.

Gave up, TV news about 5yrs ago but still usually listen to the world service daily when I’m bored of tunes.

Get to hear a little more about what’s going on, though repeats are worse than the damn tv!

S

I stopped over 4 years ago, was having to censor it for my youngest son as it was making him too anxious. If anything happens then it’s all over Facebook. I just listen to the news on the radio now x

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Never watched it and never will. Although I use the daily mail app, but don't read much on it.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I stopped watching the news when I got rid of the telly about 12 years ago.

If there is anything of major importance it will appear as part of the story line in the Archers so I will hear about it eventually.

» Add a new message to this topic