FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am I being ripped off?

Am I being ripped off?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Car needs new clutch . 52 plate Mini Cooper S been quoted £400 supplied and fitted. Thanks muchly you sexy lot x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ewsub4dommeMan  over a year ago

thirsk

My dad managed to get a clutch for a saab for half that price you might want to look around for better quotes

By *evil with the haloWoman  over a year ago

Crystal Peaks

" Car needs new clutch . 52 plate Mini Cooper S been quoted £400 supplied and fitted. Thanks muchly you sexy lot x"

Ring round locally and get some quotes

"My dad managed to get a clutch for a saab for half that price you might want to look around for better quotes "
cheers the clutch is £175 the rest is labour apparently the sub frame and whole frilont end has to come off it

" Car needs new clutch . 52 plate Mini Cooper S been quoted £400 supplied and fitted. Thanks muchly you sexy lot x

Ring round locally and get some quotes "

2 local garages didn't even want to do it. Said it was too much of a chew

By *laire KinkyTV/TS  over a year ago

Coventry

I think you could probably get it a bit cheaper, I paid 50 quid less about 2 years ago on an 05 cooper s. if it’s someone you trust and they are going to sanitise you’re car before returning it, in a timely fashion... Get it done, it’s better than walking x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My dad managed to get a clutch for a saab for half that price you might want to look around for better quotes cheers the clutch is £175 the rest is labour apparently the sub frame and whole frilont end has to come off it "

If that’s true ^^, and 2 garages don’t want the hassle of doing it, 3 hours labour at around £65 an hour to strip, for the clutch to be fitted and rebuild doesn’t sound to bad

not a lot of garages will replace the clutch in a mini the price they have given you is a realy good price

i wold charge over a grand to do them they are nothing but a pain in the bum to do

"not a lot of garages will replace the clutch in a mini the price they have given you is a realy good price

i wold charge over a grand to do them they are nothing but a pain in the bum to do"

Wow cheers for that

"My dad managed to get a clutch for a saab for half that price you might want to look around for better quotes cheers the clutch is £175 the rest is labour apparently the sub frame and whole frilont end has to come off it

If that’s true ^^, and 2 garages don’t want the hassle of doing it, 3 hours labour at around £65 an hour to strip, for the clutch to be fitted and rebuild doesn’t sound to bad "

thanks

"I think you could probably get it a bit cheaper, I paid 50 quid less about 2 years ago on an 05 cooper s. if it’s someone you trust and they are going to sanitise you’re car before returning it, in a timely fashion... Get it done, it’s better than walking x"
thanks

" Car needs new clutch . 52 plate Mini Cooper S been quoted £400 supplied and fitted. Thanks muchly you sexy lot x

Ring round locally and get some quotes "

thanks

By * WillisMan  over a year ago

london

" Car needs new clutch . 52 plate Mini Cooper S been quoted £400 supplied and fitted. Thanks muchly you sexy lot x"

All depends what the garage is charging Labour

It sounds reasonable to me. A clutch is a big job in any car, hence the labour costs. As previous posters say, ring around and get more quotes. But you are unlikely to get much cheaper.

By *evil with the haloWoman  over a year ago

Crystal Peaks

Ring round locally and get some quotes 2 local garages didn't even want to do it. Said it was too much of a chew"

Sounds like £400 is cheap then.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

As someone stated above your mini has a lower subframe which can be a pain in the arse to remove.

Also its the S version. It has the roots blower on top which restricts access down to the clutch housing.

If I remember correctly I'm sure the inner wing has to come out so the casings can be split.

It may have the sintered clutch plates as its the S. This will also drive the cost up.

If your getting your car back after a day with a new clutch then £400 isn't unreasonable.

"As someone stated above your mini has a lower subframe which can be a pain in the arse to remove.

Also its the S version. It has the roots blower on top which restricts access down to the clutch housing.

If I remember correctly I'm sure the inner wing has to come out so the casings can be split.

It may have the sintered clutch plates as its the S. This will also drive the cost up.

If your getting your car back after a day with a new clutch then £400 isn't unreasonable.

"

Thanks for this . It doesn't sound bad at all I guess

By *immerman100Man  over a year ago

Never never land

Paid 700 for Citroen Picasso

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

It's a BMW isn't it? Sounds fair.

"Paid 700 for Citroen Picasso"
ouch

"It's a BMW isn't it? Sounds fair. "

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Paid 700 for Citroen Picasso ouch"

The new Mini's use Citroën engines in them.

» Add a new message to this topic