FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reading then marking as unread, why?

Reading then marking as unread, why?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ureEscapism OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hey, hope everyone’s keeping well and having fun. As someone that doesn’t have to endure the hundreds of weird and wonderful messages, I’ve got a quick one.

I’ve noticed people reading messages then shortly afterwards marking them as unread. Now I’m respectful of the house rules and treat a read message with no response as a polite no.

Suppose I’m just wondering that the benefit in reading and marking it as unread is? Surely if you’re not interested, you’d either leave or delete it after reading.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I want to come back to this"

"I want my partner (couple account) to look at it"

Or any other reason

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I do this if I intend to reply later when I have more time

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Stop looking at your sent box

I'll sometimes read & mark as unread if I want to come back to it

Sometimes I'm just nosey & want to see if they have anything interesting to say

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

""I want to come back to this"

Or any other reason"

To be fair it’s their adventure so their rules and everyone approaches fab in their own way.

Not something we do so I can’t help on the answer front sorry.

T

Yeah especially as a couples profile, we sometimes do this until the other one has time to read/reply. From personal experience, if you leave a message as read you can get another one so easiest thing to do is mark as unread and come back to it when you have the time. Its nothing personal, wouldnt read too much into it

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Or any other reason"

These reasons. Especially if messaging a couple where they read at different times

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

I put messages back to unread to reply later when I have more time. If I don't intend to reply I'll delete.

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

"I do this if I intend to reply later when I have more time "

Mostly this otherwise email gets lost in inbox

I mark unread if I don't have time to get into conversation. Sometimes it just sits unread for days till I mass delete all unread

Edinburgh

Thanks for the insight everyone. I use the saved message button but you’ve already painted a multitude of situations in which it makes sense.

If I’ve deleted one of your messages then I didn’t spit the dummy, I was just a little confused!

I do it when I intend to reply later became I'm unable or not ready to reply now xx

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Sometimes I read a message quickly and decide I want to reply when I have more time so I can send a decent response.

Also because if you read it and don't reply immediately some men get the right hump and message again with abuse

"Hey, hope everyone’s keeping well and having fun. As someone that doesn’t have to endure the hundreds of weird and wonderful messages, I’ve got a quick one.

I’ve noticed people reading messages then shortly afterwards marking them as unread. Now I’m respectful of the house rules and treat a read message with no response as a polite no.

Suppose I’m just wondering that the benefit in reading and marking it as unread is? Surely if you’re not interested, you’d either leave or delete it after reading.

"

Sometimes I just can't be arsed so mark unread so I know I haven't responded

I respond to 99% of my messages

Edinburgh

"Also because if you read it and don't reply immediately some men get the right hump and message again with abuse "

I seem to underestimate how deplorable some guys can be when so little of their blood supply is diverted elsewhere. This place can be minefield for us all!

So I don't get a message saying "you read my message so why didn't you reply?"

"I mark unread if I don't have time to get into conversation. Sometimes it just sits unread for days till I mass delete all unread"

Same here.

"So I don't get a message saying "you read my message so why didn't you reply?""

Yup!

North West

"Also because if you read it and don't reply immediately some men get the right hump and message again with abuse

I seem to underestimate how deplorable some guys can be when so little of their blood supply is diverted elsewhere. This place can be minefield for us all! "

Or you do read it, the message is tosh so you delete. Then you get abuse too. Or you reply to the tosh with something polite. Then you get abuse back. We can't win

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Does it really matter?

Or any other reason"

Yup

Lu

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

It means they definitely want to bang you, they're just checking to see if you're paying enough attention to them. You should definitely send then a few more message saying that you've noticed then reading your messages, maybe throw a few dick pics in for good measure. Women love dick pics

North West

"It means they definitely want to bang you, they're just checking to see if you're paying enough attention to them. You should definitely send then a few more message saying that you've noticed then reading your messages, maybe throw a few dick pics in for good measure. Women love dick pics "

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Also because if you read it and don't reply immediately some men get the right hump and message again with abuse

I seem to underestimate how deplorable some guys can be when so little of their blood supply is diverted elsewhere. This place can be minefield for us all! "

Unfortunately some men act very entitled and believe that just because they sent you a message (usually just saying "hi" or "want to fuck") you should reply immediately and drop your knickers for them and get abusive when you won't. This means that sometimes the good guys get lost amongst the dross

Edinburgh

"It means they definitely want to bang you, they're just checking to see if you're paying enough attention to them. You should definitely send then a few more message saying that you've noticed then reading your messages, maybe throw a few dick pics in for good measure. Women love dick pics "

Thanks for the pointers. I also find women love a man that can butcher the English language. Spelling and grammar is overrated and text speak is essentially an aphrodisiac!

Edinburgh

"Unfortunately some men act very entitled and believe that just because they sent you a message (usually just saying "hi" or "want to fuck") you should reply immediately and drop your knickers for them and get abusive when you won't. This means that sometimes the good guys get lost amongst the dross "

This is the crux of the issue. Unfortunately the empty vessels make the most noise!

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

If I read a message from a profile that interests me I will mark it as unread so my husband can also have a look at it when he comes home .We only play as a couple so for us we both have to be equally interested..

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"It means they definitely want to bang you, they're just checking to see if you're paying enough attention to them. You should definitely send then a few more message saying that you've noticed then reading your messages, maybe throw a few dick pics in for good measure. Women love dick pics

Thanks for the pointers. I also find women love a man that can butcher the English language. Spelling and grammar is overrated and text speak is essentially an aphrodisiac! "

See, you're already catching on

Many times myself and Abby are not even in the same country let alone the same house.

If one of us has read a message that holds promise we will always mark it as unread until the other gets to read it.

That could be hours, maybe days later.

Sadly some take offence and delete their message, some send a rude follow up message which makes us think we’ve had a lucky escape.

We all run our profiles in different ways.

V

To fuck with your head

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I don’t always have time to reply at the time I read, or sometimes I need to consider what my reply will be

Don’t get hung up about it ...

"To fuck with your head"

Oh course i jest

For us it was a learned trait. We used to read messages and then discuss with partner before we relied and got a lot of chases and accusations of timewasting some less than an hour after we'd read them.

As a result we now mark leave all messages as unread until we're ready to reply although we do still try and respond promptly, we appreciate people don't like to wait forever.

» Add a new message to this topic