FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe in ghosts

Do you believe in ghosts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who believes in ghosts? I do, and have seen one years ago.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Did it put the willies up you?

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

No, mainly for the fact that they don't exist

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

Never experienced one, but 3 separate folk... none of whom knew each other, all told me about one that lived in my spare room... until the last person who apparently convinced the wee soul to move on.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I do not believe in ghosts.

Her x

Yes,seen a few over the years x

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Seen a few.

On a Britannia airlines 757

In my parents home.

By *-sas-sinWoman  over a year ago

Arse end of the universe

"Who believes in ghosts? I do, and have seen one years ago. "

I do, never seen one but defo think they are hanging about

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 21:49:14]

No, but I've been ghosted by a lot of women.

Does that count?

Stupid jokes aside, I am very skeptical about the supernatural, but I truly enjoy stories and experiences about it, it's fascinating.

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

I do

I definitely do, it was a unnerving experience

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I dont belive in ghosts! I know for sure they excist! Have met a few ! X

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I have gotten into serious trouble at times by not giving spirits enough respect

hoorn, Netherlands

So many more people have died than our currently on earth, if ghosts existed we wouldn't be able to move for them. Not to mention, why would it exclusively be humans, why isn't there billions of animal ghosts wandering around everywhere to go along with all the billions of human ghosts that also apparently exist.....

I was driving home after a late shift about midnight in heavy rain and thought I had hit someone in the road, saw a figure and face go down the side of the car. I immediately stopped, and got out, to look, and there was no one there. I looked around and saw on the embankment at the side of the road, a hooded figure staring at me, I shouted "are you OK" and it stared back in silence, and just vanished. It hovered in the air where there was no embankment. Spooky

"So many more people have died than our currently on earth, if ghosts existed we wouldn't be able to move for them. Not to mention, why would it exclusively be humans, why isn't there billions of animal ghosts wandering around everywhere to go along with all the billions of human ghosts that also apparently exist....."

I've seen a dog and a cat ghost to

ashford

"So many more people have died than our currently on earth, if ghosts existed we wouldn't be able to move for them. Not to mention, why would it exclusively be humans, why isn't there billions of animal ghosts wandering around everywhere to go along with all the billions of human ghosts that also apparently exist....."

Yes seen animal ghosts as well there is room for them all because they dont manifest themselves all the time in a physical form x

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Seen a few.

In my parents home.

"

A ghost 757 in your parent's home? didyou leave the landing light on?

hoorn, Netherlands

"So many more people have died than our currently on earth, if ghosts existed we wouldn't be able to move for them. Not to mention, why would it exclusively be humans, why isn't there billions of animal ghosts wandering around everywhere to go along with all the billions of human ghosts that also apparently exist.....

Yes seen animal ghosts as well there is room for them all because they dont manifest themselves all the time in a physical form x"

They don't 'manifest' because they don't exist. It wouldn't even matter if they didn't manifest all the time there would be way too many for pretty much every single person on earth to not have seen multiple during their lifetime

By *orace99Man  over a year ago

York

Never seen one but have had.things fall from shelves that were clearly on them and used to hear someone walking up the stairs and across the landing in my parents old house.

But ghosts are here,, like a recording of the past, replaying and not at rest

Yes

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Yes , Casper and he is so cute

ashford

"So many more people have died than our currently on earth, if ghosts existed we wouldn't be able to move for them. Not to mention, why would it exclusively be humans, why isn't there billions of animal ghosts wandering around everywhere to go along with all the billions of human ghosts that also apparently exist.....

Yes seen animal ghosts as well there is room for them all because they dont manifest themselves all the time in a physical form x

They don't 'manifest' because they don't exist. It wouldn't even matter if they didn't manifest all the time there would be way too many for pretty much every single person on earth to not have seen multiple during their lifetime"

Not everyone is in tune with them! But I know what I've seen x

I would like to go ghost hunting, fascinating hobby

I didn’t until I stayed at an uncles house years ago that was out in the sticks and it must have been couple of hundred years old. Woke up in the middle of the night only to find what can only be described as ectoplasm over the soles of my feet as they were poking out of the duvet. That was a strange experience and we never did go to stay at uncle Frank’s again.

In all seriousness, I used to, but over the last few years if you think of the tens of millions of cameras

that are now around the world and constantly watching and recording, the probability of something being caught on camera has increased to the point that if something was out there, we’d know about it. But nothing has ever been recorded and nothing has come forward, so don’t think they do...

Walsall

Exactly

Also, does it include bacteria and other living organisms, sure if there is such a thing as heaven or hell, why is it only humans, or what is the place or dimension these ghosts live in. We live we die. Just like all life, it's the way it is. I'd love to think there is more but, it just isn't. It's like saying the earth is flat.

But, if believing in them gets you through the day then so be it and I'm not going to preacher.

ashford

"Never seen one but have had.things fall from shelves that were clearly on them and used to hear someone walking up the stairs and across the landing in my parents old house."

They dont allways appear in a physical form many I've encountered havent x

They don't 'manifest' because they don't exist. It wouldn't even matter if they didn't manifest all the time there would be way too many for pretty much every single person on earth to not have seen multiple during their lifetime"

Your entitled to your opinion as are we,just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist though,try opening your mind to the possibility and you never know ,you just may have to eat your words

I know what I have seen with my own eyes, and sober, and I still can't rationality explain what I saw.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I neither believe nor disbelieve. I've never seen a ghost nor had a paranormal experience, so I'm an open minded sceptic.

Some humans have thoughts and feelings.

No that can't be true, I've never seen a thought or feeling. Never caught it on camera. They don't exist!

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I don’t believe in ghosts as such but I do think I can sometimes sense a presence of someone near me or smell their perfume

ashford

Exactly

Also, does it include bacteria and other living organisms, sure if there is such a thing as heaven or hell, why is it only humans, or what is the place or dimension these ghosts live in. We live we die. Just like all life, it's the way it is. I'd love to think there is more but, it just isn't. It's like saying the earth is flat.

But, if believing in them gets you through the day then so be it and I'm not going to preacher. "

Lmao! It dont get me through the day to c them ! Far from it ! I sometimes would rather not see them ! Spose it's one of those unless u have walked in them shoes u dont belive x

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"Seen a few.

In my parents home.

A ghost 757 in your parent's home? didyou leave the landing light on? "

very good I choaked on my coffee then

Im skeptical honestly but i keep an open mind, never seen one myself but id love to visit some of the most haunted places out there to see it for myself. Im a ballsy fucker so if something spooks everyone and they run away.. i run towards whatever spooked them to catch them ghosties

Exactly

But, if believing in them gets you through the day then so be it and I'm not going to preacher. "

Well your very cynical,you don't believe Wich is your choice,other choose to believe Wich is our choice

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

Yes

a Roman Centurian.

A few years ago.I Went stone cold from the legs up for the rest of that night.

ashford

"Im skeptical honestly but i keep an open mind, never seen one myself but id love to visit some of the most haunted places out there to see it for myself. Im a ballsy fucker so if something spooks everyone and they run away.. i run towards whatever spooked them to catch them ghosties "

Although I dont find them frightening i wouldn't seek them out for sure! X

We all have different opinions and all have had different experiences, just because you have not had that experience it's not fair to dismiss the experiences of other people.

Some people are attuned, some people not so.

Belief can give people comfort, sometimes belief is all some have and if people believe it then so what, it does not impact on you in any way shape or form.

Yes. I didn't all my life untill 3 years ago when I moved house. I was carrying stuff into the shed at the bottom of the garden and when I walked back towards the house I could see a boy stood in one of the upstairs windows. This happened several times. It was weird but not scarey

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Nope but it would be real cool if they did exist.

"Although I dont find them frightening i wouldn't seek them out for sure! X"

Lol thats why im a ballsy fucker.. i have a dark and twisted mind that would make the devil under the bed sheets

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yep I believe and yep experiences lots of stuff....

theres always a logical explanation

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

No, not at all

Given there's billions and billion and billions of people and animals that have died before us.

If death produces a ghost.. There'd be loads of them

Complete utter nonsense

Sheffield

Grottbags was cool though

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

They don't 'manifest' because they don't exist. It wouldn't even matter if they didn't manifest all the time there would be way too many for pretty much every single person on earth to not have seen multiple during their lifetime

We all have different opinions and all have had different experiences, just because you have not had that experience it's not fair to dismiss the experiences of other people.

Belief can give people comfort, sometimes belief is all some have and if people believe it then so what, it does not impact on you in any way shape or form.

"

I’ve experienced an animal ghost ... my dog

Dogs asleep top of stairs. Door closed. All asleep. 3 loud knocks on bedroom door. Woke both me n (now ex) hubster up. Dogs still asleep.both heard it. 3 loud knocks..woke at same time..so not a dream

Ghosts.. well it wasnt the dog's.

Spooky stuff at the time

ashford

"theres always a logical explanation"

For some this has to happen! Some minds cant or wont not sure which comprehend things they cant explain x

I am a believer, and have had many spiritual experiences over the years ,

I’ve experienced an animal ghost ... my dog "

Awww it's lovely isn't it

After I lost my GSD I saw him, I would see the outline of his head in the light coming through the bedroom window, GSD ears and head are pretty distinctive, no mistaking him.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

No I don’t, but I would like to I love a good ghost story and wish I wasn’t so sceptical.

That being said, just because I don’t believe in them myself, I also don’t believe I’m definitely right about it. No one knows.

I’d never mock anyone else for what they believe in.

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Long story short: I worked with a guy who basically said “I don’t give a fuck how many scientists and skeptics tell me ghosts aren’t real. My house when I was a kid was haunted. I’ve seen things like an ashtray rise up into the air by itself in the middle of our living room. I don’t give a fuck if you believe me or not. I saw these things. They happened.”

Sheffield

"Dogs asleep top of stairs. Door closed. All asleep. 3 loud knocks on bedroom door. Woke both me n (now ex) hubster up. Dogs still asleep.both heard it. 3 loud knocks..woke at same time..so not a dream

Ghosts.. well it wasnt the dog's.

Spooky stuff at the time"

So I used to live in an old miners terrace when I was kid.

Haunted. As. Fuck.

My dad was punched in the back whilst he was stood at the sink washing up...he was alone in the house.

My Mum was pushed down the stairs by something unknown when she was pregnant with my sister.

My little sister used to always complain of water dripping on her, wherever she was in the house (there was no leaks)

The dog used to play with and greet *invisible* people.

That is just the tame stuff.

One night my mum had a little boy walk into her bedroom in the middle of the night, I was about that age so she thought it was me. The little boy then collapsed on the floor and she realised it wasn't me and it was something very weird and supernatural.

My parents were downstairs and they heard a roaring coming upstairs like a furnace, my dad went up and it seemed to be coming from his bedroom. He touched the handle to see if it was hot. It was ice cold. He opened the door and the noise stopped instantly.

Once, an enormous wardrobe moved across the room of it's own accord.

We always used to see shadows moving around out of the corners of our eyes but they had gone when we looked.

I was sleeping in bed when I was around 14 and woke up inexplicably in the night and saw a woman in a long white coat with dark hair walking in mid air past my bedroom window (I had Venetian blinds so could see out when lying below them). I froze. I was so scared I couldn't move. I felt the shout I was trying to make in my throat but I couldn't make it.

That's all I can think of right now, theres probs more i've forgotten, that house was prolific.

We ended up getting some holy water from the church and sprinkling it round. That calmed it down a bit.

Found out years later there had been a fire in that house in the early 1900's and people had died.

Cambridge

My wife thinks our house is haunted but I don’t think so. Having said that a few weeks ago I slept in the spare bed in my 3yr old’s room as I swear our mattress is giving me a bad back. I was awoken about 3 in the morning by the sound of the bedroom door rattling violently. I called my son to go back to bed. He’s just about tall enough now to reach the door knob and will rattle the door because he can’t quite turn the handle.

He answered me from his bed next to me. I looked up but there was no one there. I went into the main bedroom and my wife was sound asleep.

No wind that night and the traffic is never heavy enough no matter the hour to make doors rattle like that.

No but i do believe in fate and destiny

No

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

No not anymore. I’ve got no time for that I just wanted to go to the toilet

By *icole123Woman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I'm very much a believer,I seen,felt,heard things from being a youngster.

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

Nah, we have lived in a place that was supposed to be haunted, it even featured in an episode of a popular paranormal investigation series and we never saw or felt a thing.

ashford

"Nah, we have lived in a place that was supposed to be haunted, it even featured in an episode of a popular paranormal investigation series and we never saw or felt a thing. "

Not everyone does x

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

No, I like a good ghost story but I don't believe in them. My dad always claimed he saw a misty figure in the woods behind the stately home near where he grew up that scared him. I walked those woods many times at night with the dogs when I still lived at home and never saw anything.

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

"No, mainly for the fact that they don't exist"

oh they do my man believe me x

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

Usually it's just clever wind

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Not everyone is in tune with them! But I know what I've seen x"

Yes I believe you but when you say in tune do you mean as in haveing similar powers to a medium or being a medium in general.

I had a friend who has her angel wings now, but she was able to see auras around living things.

Not quite ghosts, I know but it was strange. Totally non attention seeking person too, she wouldn’t speak to many about it but would confide in me.

I believe in energy and energy never dies, it transforms, there are many strange things in the universe,

after all....apparently something came from nothing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Everything that our senses pick up gets input to our brain, where it is selectively edited, processed, back-memory evaluated, converted and transformed into what we think of as actual reality, but is just a calculated, fabricated perception.

What we 'experience' is on the inside. We create all of it, including our emotional and physical responses. Anything that our brain can create has the potential to be perceived as real. If we 'see' a ghost, it's our brain's creation, with or without anything outside of us.

If we want to understand the paranormal, our first place to look is at ourselves, specifically in our minds.

I've not seen anything that hints that ghosts etc are not other than our mind itself

"Some humans have thoughts and feelings.

No that can't be true, I've never seen a thought or feeling. Never caught it on camera. They don't exist!"

Oh I like that logic, interesting thought.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I've hallucinated through sleep deprivation before where I've seen and heard someone who wasn't there, definitely wasn't a ghost though!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I believe in some kind of spirit, and I'd be very interested in what happened just now when after not being able to come on for days (as it seems like it wouldn't charge so have been unplugged for at least 3 days), my waterpik teeth cleaner came on just while I was near it and started chucking water everywhere. Very bizarre.

And a little bit freaky

I want to go Ghost hunting

By *erms and conditionsCouple  over a year ago

Alton

There was something strange about my grandparents old house which was an old building in Clapham.

Always felt like I was being watched when walking up the stairs.

Wasn't until last year when others admitted the same feeling in those same place...

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Iv seen things that remain "unexplained" but I don't believe in ghosts.

With the amount of people that have died, surely we would be over ran with such things?

"Iv seen things that remain "unexplained" but I don't believe in ghosts.

With the amount of people that have died, surely we would be over ran with such things?"

Ive learned a lot about spirituality and metaphysics.. otherworldly phenomena and such... to take a wishy washy approach and explain it.. we wouldnt be overrun as the soul of the individual passes into another dimension.. sometimes those souls move on into the dreamscape where our subconscious presides.. others return to this physical realm either through rebirth or through severe emotional attachment that keeps them here, where their physical body had died and decayed yet their energy still remains..

Yes.. wishy washy i know

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"Seen a few.

In my parents home.

A ghost 757 in your parent's home? didyou leave the landing light on? "

I said 'IN' the 757, it was sitting in towards the back of the plane.

No

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I am not aware of any reliable evidence that there is such a thing as ghosts, so no I don't believe in them. I remain open to evidence. Luke

No I don't but I can remember my uncles and other people use to talk about an area where they all seem a church and it disappeared.

One night they were walking past the church to the pub and an old lady walked infront of them and vanished. Later that night they mentioned the church to the people in the pub and the locals told them that there hadn't been a church in the area for many years.

When they walked back home on the same route there was no church to be seen and other people had similar experienced in the area.

ashford

[Removed by poster at 21/10/20 04:45:35]

Not

Ghosts as such but I believe In a presence sometimes

"Everything that our senses pick up gets input to our brain, where it is selectively edited, processed, back-memory evaluated, converted and transformed into what we think of as actual reality, but is just a calculated, fabricated perception.

What we 'experience' is on the inside. We create all of it, including our emotional and physical responses. Anything that our brain can create has the potential to be perceived as real. If we 'see' a ghost, it's our brain's creation, with or without anything outside of us.

If we want to understand the paranormal, our first place to look is at ourselves, specifically in our minds.

I've not seen anything that hints that ghosts etc are not other than our mind itself "

People are also figments of our imagination.

Yes I do believe in ghosts and have had a couple of spooky experience's shortly after close relatives have passed away.

To those saying the earth is not big enough for the ghosts of billions of people...Some hosts are thought to be the spirits of recently dead who move on quite quickly and people who have died a sudden or violent death and are unable to move on.

Also I believe in reincarnation.

Sheffield

"Who believes in ghosts? I do, and have seen one years ago.

Yes I do believe in ghosts and have had a couple of spooky experience's shortly after close relatives have passed away.

To those saying the earth is not big enough for the ghosts of billions of people...Some hosts are thought to be the spirits of recently dead who move on quite quickly and people who have died a sudden or violent death and are unable to move on.

Also I believe in reincarnation. "

Load of nonsense

When death comes.. That's it, nothing happens.. Finished

I know of a very haunted place, a abandoned old church. Anyone interested in ghost hunting,for real drop me a line. May buy a spirit box to.

Physical death comes to us all, but spiritual life I believe exists. Electricity exists, but you can't see it?

I believe in the TV Show 'Ghosts'...

Oh and this is all a construct, we're inside the creation of a big super computer being run as a simulation.

That's what Elon Musk says anyway, and that must be right.

Btw I know Kung Fu

Until someone can show me evidence to the contrary, yes I do.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I definitely believe in them. Worked on a hospital ward with a lot of elderly thay passed. A few definitely popped back for visits

Nah.

ashford

"Who believes in ghosts? I do, and have seen one years ago.

Also I believe in reincarnation.

Load of nonsense

When death comes.. That's it, nothing happens.. Finished"

You know this for sure because???? X

Believe people experience them a lot on here

But ghosts as in spirits or an energy etc, YES!

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I wouldn't say I believe as such, but I have seen and felt plenty of things that I cannot find a rational or scientific explanation for

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Stupid jokes aside, I am very skeptical about the supernatural, but I truly enjoy stories and experiences about it, it's fascinating."

Agreed

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I didn't for years,until my Dad died. Now I strongly believe.

Mrs

I'm skeptical of all things supernatural, but that doesn't mean I'm closed off to the idea of ghosts an other things. I've had a few strange things happen while working in palliative care, but wouldn't automatically assume this was down to ghosts.

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

I'm not convinced either way but I know there's something in my house that moves the things I've just put down and hides them from my view. Glasses, phone and wallet on a regular basis not to mention the car keys.

Also I have a neighbour who haunts me.

By *axxonBlackMan  over a year ago

north

Oh yeah I do believe. I worked in care homes over the years and hospital now, seen my patient wake me up during the night to say she’s leaving and she was gone at same time, It was like a flash. Pictures falling off the wall. Buzzers going off without touching them. Scream. Noises etc. It’s real.

"Yes

a Roman Centurian.

A few years ago.I Went stone cold from the legs up for the rest of that night."

"Biggus Dickus" ?

The week before my Mum died I went to see her as I usually did every Monday.

She said to me 'Shelley I won't be here this time next week' I asked her why and she told me that my Dad and Stepdad both visited her saying 'It won't be long now, we've got everything ready'

My Dad died 25 years ago and my Stepdad died 15 years ago...

I told her to stop being so morbid, she wasn't going anywhere

Friday she got taken into hospital, I saw her over the weekend. Sunday she was unconcious on a ventilator. Monday they removed the tubes, time of death was recorded on the Monday but I felt her go on the Sunday.

I had been to see her, walked in through the door back home and it felt like a light had popped out in my heart, I just burst into tears because I knew at that point her spirit had gone.

ashford

"I'm not convinced either way but I know there's something in my house that moves the things I've just put down and hides them from my view. Glasses, phone and wallet on a regular basis not to mention the car keys.

Also I have a neighbour who haunts me."

My ex allways said he would haunt me when he died as a kinda joke ! And he did god it was awfull ! I had fo get him moved on ! X

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes I believe.. when I was younger I was playing near an old ruined keep. In the upper window I saw a man in red top looking out the window. There is no floors on the building and no way anyone could get up there. Went in and no one was there . My last house had a ghost . Things would fly out of a kitchen cupboard . Curtains move and knocks on the wall. On one occasion my daughters car radio when on by itself . The car was locked and the engine off. When she unlocked the car the radio went off. .

Not convinced of ghosts..but..

parrellel universes/ dark matter/ timeslip( time is only a human concept) a possible theory.

am more interested in very young children who remember centuries old or ww2 details..they can't all have seen all details on television..we don't know what dark matter is, parrellel universes becoming a common theory...

Yes I do, and have had many experiences too. X

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Yes

Been on several ghost hunts and experienced some weird stuff

York

"I'm not convinced either way but I know there's something in my house that moves the things I've just put down and hides them from my view. Glasses, phone and wallet on a regular basis not to mention the car keys.

Also I have a neighbour who haunts me.

My ex allways said he would haunt me when he died as a kinda joke ! And he did god it was awfull ! I had fo get him moved on ! X"

York

"Iv seen things that remain "unexplained" but I don't believe in ghosts.

With the amount of people that have died, surely we would be over ran with such things?

Ive learned a lot about spirituality and metaphysics.. otherworldly phenomena and such... to take a wishy washy approach and explain it.. we wouldnt be overrun as the soul of the individual passes into another dimension.. sometimes those souls move on into the dreamscape where our subconscious presides.. others return to this physical realm either through rebirth or through severe emotional attachment that keeps them here, where their physical body had died and decayed yet their energy still remains..

Yes.. wishy washy i know "

It really is a fascinating subject whether you believe or not.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Almost certainly the concept is a human fabrication

There is zero doubt we all experience things that are difficult to explain

Suggesting a not dead dead brain did it with zero data to suggest that's possible let alone plausible is not an explanation that answers anything

To my mind its avoiding the true exciting mystery of exactly what caused the unexplained event

For anyone who has their precious well scripted ghost story which non of them prove anything ,why be pacified with a highly unlikely dead brain explanation .it is almost absolutely certain the causation behind the "ghost story" is not ghost so why stop the wondering ??

I think the absolute fact that the human brain makes stuff up deserves a lot more scrutiny before that could be ruled out and dead brain is the only solution

Anyone that doesnt... come and stay in my home.. you will then

ashby de la zouch

"Anyone that doesnt... come and stay in my home.. you will then "

Lol ok

Nope

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I do.

ashby de la zouch

I was brought up in 17 th century coaching inn

.25 km away from a remote cemetery on a farm 1km away from a gibbit post 1 km away from the outdoor murder of a young girl

I experienced daily many things attributable to a ghost myth I also discovered no ghosts

By *ooby birdWoman  over a year ago

North West

Nope im not a believer

By *ewsub4dommeMan  over a year ago

thirsk

I do

ashby de la zouch

I think if ghosts had any connection with death there would be no belief required the fact there is no validation and wild differences in speculations is I feel at least part evidence that "essences of dead brains doing stuff" is no more than the manifestation of human creation

"I think if ghosts had any connection with death there would be no belief required the fact there is no validation and wild differences in speculations is I feel at least part evidence that "essences of dead brains doing stuff" is no more than the manifestation of human creation

"

Exactly. I’m an agnostic pragmatist. Show me a ghost and I’ll be up for discussing it.

My favourite ghost story writer is the great master m r james, absolutely brilliant. His collected ghost stories is great reading. I intend to get a spirit box for investigation. But definitely no ouija board.

Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/KFj3L28zoqs

Absolutely.

I’ve never had anything specifically happen to me however there has been going ons and an atmosphere once or twice where you just know there is a presence with you.

What that presence is however is left in mystery.

Too much. And theyre best left alone:/

S

Some great ghost hunting videos on you tube.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Anyone that doesnt... come and stay in my home.. you will then "

If you cook for me dressed like that I'll come

Walsall

Although I'm a big none believer of this stuff, after reading some of these last night, I couldn't sleep

Nah.

Yeah I do I saw them at the bingo hall when I broke in to get some chips and graveh

What I saw twenty years ago as stayed with me and still defies rational explanation. I was sober, and alert.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I do but I don't believe they're the souls of dead people

Who ya gonna call?

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"Yeah I do I saw them at the bingo hall when I broke in to get some chips and graveh"
and no meat pie whatever next..

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Was there actually a ghost on Rentaghost?

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Yes I do but I don't believe they're the souls of dead people "

Me neither, I believe it’s just us randomly accessing a part of our brain enabling us to open a window.

I believe it’s not a ghost, just a person in a point in their time,

S

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes I do but I don't believe they're the souls of dead people

Me neither, I believe it’s just us randomly accessing a part of our brain enabling us to open a window.

S"

I don't know what I think they are really but I've seen and heard enough to believe in whatever they are

"Was there actually a ghost on Rentaghost? "
yes, they were ghosts, good show, used to enjoy it as a kid

S"

Someone dreaming maybe.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’ve got a ghost cat in my house, I’ve seen it.

I also went on a ghost hunt at Armley Mills in Leeds 10pm-3am and saw and heard ghosts there and I was pushed by one, I felt the long fingers in my back.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

S

Someone dreaming maybe. "

Maybe but most people see them doing mundane stuff, standing about, just walking etc.

I have a weird theory about time that I won’t go into but it would possibly cover ghosts, deja vu & maybe aliens too.

Dinosaurs had small brains because that’s what they needed to survive, We have brains far larger & more complex than we need & a fair chunk is unused or we are still not sure what it does.

Question is why therefore do we have it?

S

York

S

Someone dreaming maybe.

Maybe but most people see them doing mundane stuff, standing about, just walking etc.

I have a weird theory about time that I won’t go into but it would possibly cover ghosts, deja vu & maybe aliens too.

Dinosaurs had small brains because that’s what they needed to survive, We have brains far larger & more complex than we need & a fair chunk is unused or we are still not sure what it does.

Question is why therefore do we have it?

S"

Interested to hear you time theory....

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Course they exist... otherwise Derek Accorah would have been lying all those times. That's impossible because Mary definitely loves Dick.

Yes!

Ghosts of former page three girls can be seen hovering around Fleet Street.....

Known as entitties

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Im a sceptic but too many odd things have happened

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Ghosts of former page three girls can be seen hovering around Fleet Street.....

Known as entitties "

Their mammaries live on

No

Barbara always comes to give me a hand job during my sleep. Bless her

Yes, I believe.

Experienced some odd things in my mother's house where I grew up. My mother, one of my sisters and my youngest brother have also seen/heard things - but my stepfather, older brother and other sister never have and think we're nuts!

I have also experienced a couple of weird things in my house over the years; lights turning on and off, doors opening by themselves and dogs staring at nothing as though there is someone there.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Yes I have had a few incidents where I can’t explain what I saw or what occurred

Taps coming on full in a bathroom which I only went to use the toilet.

Seeing a little boy on a Sunday in pouring rain

Dressed as a 60’s schoolboy with cap and satchel

But the one where I saw someone who later found had died a few weeks ago was the strangest..

I have posted about this before

Odd fellow arms

Evesham

ashby de la zouch

"Yes I have had a few incidents where I can’t explain what I saw or what occurred

But the one where I saw someone who later found had died a few weeks ago was the strangest..

Odd fellow arms

Evesham "

Would it not be amazing to discover the real reasons behind your experiences ?

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Yes I have had a few incidents where I can’t explain what I saw or what occurred

Odd fellow arms

Evesham

"

?????

The little boy was seen by four of us

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 09:40:06]

Honestly, I don't know. A lot of what people report to be ghost or strange feelings can be ruled out as infra sound. Then you have the cases that can be ruled out, I don't know what they are but it's worth finding out.

Cambridge

"Course they exist... otherwise Derek Accorah would have been lying all those times. That's impossible because Mary definitely loves Dick."

Lol

Ultimate proof for the non-believers

https://youtu.be/bT8Su44TXy8

York

Had a door open and close a couple of times when sat at my grandma side as she was passing. No draughts or anything explainable the time.it was open would.coincide with someone coming in and closing the door behind them.... She passed the same night.

ashby de la zouch

Odd fellow arms

Evesham

?????

The little boy was seen by four of us"

Would it not be amazing to know the real reason you all saw the same thing

I doubt not one bit you all perceived the same thing

I doubt not one but your experience was entirely convincing to you all

I doubt very strongly an undead dead brain had any contribution to your experience

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

There’s the two gay ghosts - they keep putting the willies up each other!

It's eerie that the same time this thread going...the world's biggest sceptic James Randi dies

($1million offered if you can prove ghosts exist)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The physical human brain holds the complexity of a person's personality, their experiences, thinking abilities etc. After death, the brain quite quickly loses its ability to recreate what we perceive as the individual person which used to be assembled from it. I perceive that after death that a person continue s as organic matter for a while, before becoming just more matter and its energy within the world. If ghosts are proposed as a formerly living person, I perceive it as impossible, without their brain.

ashby de la zouch

"It's eerie that the same time this thread going...the world's biggest sceptic James Randi dies

($1million offered if you can prove ghosts exist) "

It's not really eerie though

There is a thread everyday about the subject

Its inevitable that he would die one day

I'll suggest if dead brains can reanimate a number of dead brains would have ensured humanity KNOWS not a proportion of humanity believe s

Oh and a side note

It was suggested above that humans dont use much of their big brains that was nothing more than a baseless meme cant believe its still circulating

We now have vast amounts of data illustrating just how much of the brain is used

I also love that the human brain illustrates millions of years of evolution

Its mesmerisingly complex and uses a load of energy

Yet apparently all this evolved complexity is needless as some feel a humans mind can survive and do magic without any physical brain

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It's eerie that the same time this thread going...the world's biggest sceptic James Randi dies

($1million offered if you can prove ghosts exist) "

Gutted to hear he's dead. Saw the BBC storyville documentary about him years ago. Remarkable man.

I believe that the after life is spiritual, and that you're soul continues to wander if you have not found peace, or went to soon. I do believe events stain atmospheres and leave recordings behind, that keep replaying. I love Halloween ha ha

ashford

"I believe that the after life is spiritual, and that you're soul continues to wander if you have not found peace, or went to soon. I do believe events stain atmospheres and leave recordings behind, that keep replaying. I love Halloween ha ha "

This is true and I find it sad when they have not found peace they need help to move on sometimes x

($1million offered if you can prove ghosts exist)

Gutted to hear he's dead. Saw the BBC storyville documentary about him years ago. Remarkable man. "

Have been watching YouTube videos of him today...

From his magic tricks that still baffle magicians,

debunking Uri Geller,

intelligent lectures....

to getting out of a straight jacket- upside down- on a crane over Niagara falls - aged over 60..!.

An Amazing man.( If there is an afterlife- he'll be giving Derek Achora some grief !)

ashby de la zouch

"I believe that the after life is spiritual, and that you're soul continues to wander if you have not found peace, or went to soon. I do believe events stain atmospheres and leave recordings behind, that keep replaying. I love Halloween ha ha

This is true and I find it sad when they have not found peace they need help to move on sometimes x"

I'd love to know more about this

Can you point me to any verifiable data that validates that ?

To my searches what you have suggested just sounds made up ?

By *ighorn2006Man  over a year ago

Ceredigion / N France

Yes ??

From being a child I could make out faces and figures in the dark?

Then as I kid I watched a science series by Arthur c Clarke the inventor of the space satellite

When he did paranormal stuff he always ended by saying That he was very sceptical himself but that the brain is a very powerful thing and that if you want to see something then you will!

I never saw a ghost until as an adult I visited friends who spent the evening telling stories of the ghost in that house

Sure enough went to the toilet a bit nervous, turned around and there it was.

A shadowy figure just in my blind spot

I nearly clawed the door off getting out

I have since processed it... my mind giving me what I was thinking about.

No not at all

ashby de la zouch

"From being a child I could make out faces and figures in the dark?

Then as I kid I watched a science series by Arthur c Clarke the inventor of the space satellite

When he did paranormal stuff he always ended by saying That he was very sceptical himself but that the brain is a very powerful thing and that if you want to see something then you will!

I never saw a ghost until as an adult I visited friends who spent the evening telling stories of the ghost in that house

Sure enough went to the toilet a bit nervous, turned around and there it was.

A shadowy figure just in my blind spot

I nearly clawed the door off getting out

I have since processed it... my mind giving me what I was thinking about."

An absolute explanation for SOME alleged ghosts is exactly that the brain making stuff to fit

To illustrate the brain does this I cite

Folded ink blots

Cloud dragons

Hollow maskes inverted to always look the right way

The brain is a class A simulator which can fill in a vast number of gaps in its attempt to make sense from non sense

It is exceptionally well observed and documented that animals and humans "threats ? Company? " are easily imagined from very little to almost no sensory detail

It does this for at least sight sound and smell

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

No

Yep I do !!!

Electricity exists but you can't see it? God exists but you can't see? You can see images in your mind from the past, replaying. The soul exists, but you can't see it?

ashby de la zouch

"Electricity exists but you can't see it? God exists but you can't see? You can see images in your mind from the past, replaying. The soul exists, but you can't see it? "

I can prove and see electricity

A God almost certainly does not exist and indeed there is nothing to see that suggests it does

One indeed can see constructed images in the mind

The soul only exists as a God as no more than a human invented concept with a,zero validation and b, much data illustrating neither are plausible and they are invented by humanity

I’ll tell you all about my scary ghostly experience below...