FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Car prices

Car prices

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or have they gone silly recently?

£20,000+ for a Yaris

£20,000+ for a Peugeot 208

£15/£16/£17,000 for a mid sized saloon 2 or 3 years

I paid just over £10k for mine in 2018 at which point it was just 3 years old

The dealer I bought it from is selling a similar aged one now for £1,500 more

Is this a symptom of Covid?

Less public transport use driving people into cars?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I feel lease cars are playing a part as there are good quality 3 year old cars that are in high demand and driving the price up!

Prices have really gone up since covid. Not enough stock to meet demand. Auction prices are mad. Great time to sell.

Lots of bounce back money gone into cars.

"Prices have really gone up since covid. Not enough stock to meet demand. Auction prices are mad. Great time to sell.

Lots of bounce back money gone into cars. "

After a month of the lockdown prices bottomed out and since then prices have been crazy.

I guess no one is trading up.

Am glad it's not just me that's spotted it then

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I have been looking for a new second hand car for some time now, and I can't believe the prices that garages are asking for them.

My car is 15 year old has a 172 thousand miles on it, I paid £1200 for it 8 years ago. I have see the same car similar age with a little less mileage going for £1400-2000.

10 and 11 year old cars with 130 thousand + miles on they want 4or5 thousand for,yes you can get smaller cars cheaper but it depends on what your looking for in a car. Second hand petrol cars are selling at a far higher price than diesel one at the moment too loads of diesels there too, maybe because the government and manufacturers are wanting diesel cars off the road. Older cars just seem to be holding their price maybe because of the price of the new electric car coming out or maybe because most new cars theses days are on personal hire contracts or similar leasing deals. I know I perfect to own my vehicles.

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

Five years ago I bought a mini clubman Hampton edition. I paid £5675 for it. The same model now 11 years old people are asking between £6.5k and £10k.

It’s a mini wtaf

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Well personally I hope people still keep buying new cars on mass. The more people keep doing this the lower used car prices will stay. If people want to spend many £1000s extra for the pleasure of driving a brand new car off the forecourt that suits me very well. All I need is a used car that preforms great and gets from a to b same as a brand new car does. I can live without the new plate prestige. Lots of other things to spend the money I've saved on. So please I urge you all support your local dealership and buy new so tight wads like me can continue to buy used bargains.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I believe that it is that used car stock has dried up as new cars haven’t been as available. More people a choosing to use cars rather than public transport due to covid risks. If you have a used car to sell, it is a good time.

"Well personally I hope people still keep buying new cars on mass. The more people keep doing this the lower used car prices will stay. If people want to spend many £1000s extra for the pleasure of driving a brand new car off the forecourt that suits me very well. All I need is a used car that preforms great and gets from a to b same as a brand new car does. I can live without the new plate prestige. Lots of other things to spend the money I've saved on. So please I urge you all support your local dealership and buy new so tight wads like me can continue to buy used bargains."

I never buy new

Second hand prices are silly right now

As I mentioned up there somewhere, the dealership I bought my current car from 3 years ago have the same car (same model, edition, year, engine, colour) for sale now at a higher price than what I paid back then

So effectively, 3 years ago I bought a 3 year old car for cheaper than what you can buy a 6 year old car for now

» Add a new message to this topic