FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BLP warranties

BLP warranties

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Weird question, well maybe not on here lol

Anyone got a new build with a BLP warranty as opposed to the normal new build warranty.

If so any pros/cons.

I’ve only ever had the NHBC kind.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ike676767Man  over a year ago

Near Taunton

Just as good as NHBC cover the same issues tend to be used by smaller developers the big PLC's use NHBC. Insurance backed usually hold retention money from the developer so a pot of ££ is available for minor repairs / snagging issues in the early years.

If you're buying check they are on your lenders list of preferred warranty providers. (If you're borrowing). They are usually acceptable to 99% of lenders.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just as good as NHBC cover the same issues tend to be used by smaller developers the big PLC's use NHBC. Insurance backed usually hold retention money from the developer so a pot of ££ is available for minor repairs / snagging issues in the early years.

If you're buying check they are on your lenders list of preferred warranty providers. (If you're borrowing). They are usually acceptable to 99% of lenders."

No I’m a cash buyer, so in you’re opinion it’s not an issue?

Yes smaller company, been following the build on their Instagram and looks like they take pride in their work. It’s a group of 12 houses but noticed lots of snagging before I even get in.

Was just worried none would be covered,

» Add a new message to this topic