FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your earliest memory....or is it !!!

Your earliest memory....or is it !!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently there's a thing called infantile amnesia.. whereby adults rarely recall events before age 3-4 years...

Even after that they can be 'screenshot memories' of memories !

Me earliest about age 11..even that's fading fast..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I clearly remember seeing my parents wrapping my main Christmas present - I was 3 nearly 4. My mum confirmed that I caught them

J x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

First Gulf War. Images on TV.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My earliest memory is from when I was about 3/4 it was playing at the bed of my grandad in his hospice. It's my only memory of him as he passed away after that. I don't remember much more until 5 but that memory stuck with me.

Chams or Socials

"First Gulf War. Images on TV."

That makes me feel old. My stepdad was out there

J x

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I have lots of memories from my first home that we moved out of when I was 5. I remember my little brother being crawling age and he is two years younger than me so I guess I was about 3.

By *erDirtyRockstarMan  over a year ago

buckinghamshire

Earliest memory.. always trying to beat the crap out of my older brother .. until I got punched back lol. Prior to that apparently I climbed everything in the house much to the constant distress of my mother .. wish I could remember !

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"First Gulf War. Images on TV.

J x"

Oh goodness I'm sorry.

I remember strange images which, reconstructing now, that's all they could have been.

I mentioned it in passing to my parents and they were horrified. They'd tried to shield me from it. I would have been four.

Chams or Socials

"First Gulf War. Images on TV.

J x

Oh goodness I'm sorry.

I remember strange images which, reconstructing now, that's all they could have been.

I mentioned it in passing to my parents and they were horrified. They'd tried to shield me from it. I would have been four."

It’s ok. My younger brother fought out there too in 2006/7. He lost a lot of his regiment though & we nearly lost him too on Boxing Day 2006 but (thankfully!!) his tank broke down. He put his notice in when he came back just after his 21st birthday as they wanted to send him back out there.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Little snippets. Images than actual memories. M

I can remember a few bits from around the age of 3 or 4 I guess. Mainly because they where more likely to be bad experiences possibly?

Like I can remember when I nearly drowned at the age of 4ish.

I can remember being told off for trying on heels from the dress up box in reception lol

I can remember details from family holidays when I was 3-5 years old, plus some other memories from that time.

Admittedly, they are just snippets or blocks of experience in detail....not long recollections.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Just over 3 years old. Mum bringing new born brother home.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My earliest memory is from between when I was 12 and 18 months old. I was laying on the floor at my grandparents house watching a huge animal walk across the room. I realised years later it was their cat.

People have told me I can't possibly remember this but I do.

Alas I cant forgwt my childhood..t

Infantile amnesia would have been a blessing

I remember what I believe was my birth. I can remember it being dark, then light and I remember hearing voices but it sounded like it would under water. I remember 3 blurry blobs which I believe now to be faces, my Mum confirmed there were two Midwives and my Dad in the room. I also remember a dark square, I guess it was a window.

I remember being sat in my buggy and I had a toy I kept dropping for him to pick up and I remember laughing at the victory of him reacting to my action

I have lots of childhood memories tbh.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm not sure if mine is a memory or actually a photo of me at 4.

I have a hand full of memories of my mum pregnant with my brother who is 3yrs younger than me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Our memories are open to influence and can be modified each time that we access them consciously as well as anything that may happen behind the scenes of our awareness.

We are primarily meaning-making organisms, absorbing information from around us, ascribing meaning to it, referencing, collating, stockpiling, interconnecting experiences and having periodic efficiency drives and decluttering. It's a lot of work, hence our brains using so much energy.

It's often impossible to know the accuracy levels of older memories - new ones can be wrong too, as we know - but those experiences will have been initially processed and filtered through a naive, less mature mind and partially matured brain. If we access them today, we risk active contamination from our mature self and extensive experience.

I remember experiences when I was 2 and 3. I try not to recall them much, due to that risk of extra contamination. Obviously they may fade or alter over time, without being recalled, as recall helps to restrengthen their neural basis but that partly just risks them becoming fully new memories.

Human memory is a fascinating topic.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I remember being age 3 and going in the car with my family to collect our new puppy. I can also remember very clearly being looked after by my nan when i was 3 and 4.

By *omin8rMan  over a year ago

In A Playspace

The road is clear and will remove any obstacles in the way. For safety.

I have some very early memories in my life but some of them are probably screenshots of memories as the OP described.

One of my earliest memories is of me being at the bottom of a slide looking up at an older boy on the top and I was to sacred to go up.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Waking up in hospital aged 6, which sounds quite impressive until I admit I don't remember what I had for dinner last night...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I remember what I believe was my birth. I can remember it being dark, then light and I remember hearing voices but it sounded like it would under water. I remember 3 blurry blobs which I believe now to be faces, my Mum confirmed there were two Midwives and my Dad in the room. I also remember a dark square, I guess it was a window.

I remember being sat in my buggy and I had a toy I kept dropping for him to pick up and I remember laughing at the victory of him reacting to my action

I have lots of childhood memories tbh."

Or were you in a car wash as a smaller child !!

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Can remember from 4-5 clearly from the carper, table, cloth and my baby brother.

» Add a new message to this topic