FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Energy

Energy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it’s now week two of ditching the energy drinks for more water and I can’t say I feel much better for it

I’m sitting at work dozing off, How do I stay awake?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/10/20 12:09:28]

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Coffee

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

More Sleep

"Coffee "

Switching one source of caffeine for another’s probably not the answer

wank

"So it’s now week two of ditching the energy drinks for more water and I can’t say I feel much better for it

I’m sitting at work dozing off, How do I stay awake? "

Good to ditch the monster take up an exercise release some endorphins should help

"Coffee

Switching one source of caffeine for another’s probably not the answer "

Yep that’s not a route I’m willing to take

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Water, exercise, nutrition, more sleep, sunlight

Sleep more and have a good breakfast plenty protein and fibre you should be fine

"So it’s now week two of ditching the energy drinks for more water and I can’t say I feel much better for it

Good to ditch the monster take up an exercise release some endorphins should help "

What is this “exercise” you speak of?

A box at end of your bed

Chocolate

Manchester (she/her)

Good to ditch the monster take up an exercise release some endorphins should help

What is this “exercise” you speak of? "

Walk to the vending machine and back. Then walk a bit further

(Not having a go, is a joke)

"Sleep more and have a good breakfast plenty protein and fibre you should be fine "

I’m on 12 hour shifts at the moment and I’m getting a very broken up 8 hours each night

"Chocolate "

Makes me fart

Nothing wrong with caffeine if you're drinking under the RDA and you don't have side-effects. The problem with energy drinks is the sugar, mostly.

Black coffee, no sugar.

Manchester (she/her)

Night shifts - I'm not sure how well it's regulated as a supplement, but melatonin can help. (I had it as a prescription antidepressant for awhile and oh my god it killed my insomnia, but it's not generally prescribed in the UK)

(Not having a go, is a joke)"

Aww I wish we’d a vending machine also my leg is part metal so it does make some... not all but some exercise quite difficult

"Nothing wrong with caffeine if you're drinking under the RDA and you don't have side-effects. The problem with energy drinks is the sugar, mostly.

Black coffee, no sugar."

It was “Sugar Free” monster I always drank so sweeteners and caffeine really

Manchester (she/her)

(Not having a go, is a joke)

Aww I wish we’d a vending machine also my leg is part metal so it does make some... not all but some exercise quite difficult "

Goodness, my sympathies. I'm sure there are things you can do if you want to. It really does help.

A box at end of your bed

"Chocolate

Makes me fart "

Cool that will clear the office then no one will know your asleep.

Manchester (she/her)

"Chocolate

Makes me fart

Cool that will clear the office then no one will know your asleep. "

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I tend to stick my head out the window when I'm starting to dose off. And then have a little boogie in the office or lab with music blasting, if no-one is about.

By *evil with the haloWoman  over a year ago

Crystal Peaks

Try a couple of clothespegs on your scrotum, pain is a good way of keeping someone away.

"Chocolate

Makes me fart

Cool that will clear the office then no one will know your asleep. "

We have a winner!

"Coffee

Switching one source of caffeine for another’s probably not the answer

Yep that’s not a route I’m willing to take "

Perhaps you are eating more carbs? I find a carb heavy meal is always comforting but makes me very drowsy.

If you want something to drink that is not as boring as water I can recommend Vieve Protein water. Or perhaps try Lemon and Ginger tea if you want a hot drink.

My mojo has deserted me recently and I have to really force myself to take my dog for a walk but always feel better when I have. Sexercise would always be better though - my drug of choice

"Try a couple of clothespegs on your scrotum, pain is a good way of keeping someone away. "

Good god woman I’ll give that one a miss

"I tend to stick my head out the window when I'm starting to dose off. And then have a little boogie in the office or lab with music blasting, if no-one is about. "

The music is usually loud as hell in my bit still doesn’t help much

"Nothing wrong with caffeine if you're drinking under the RDA and you don't have side-effects. The problem with energy drinks is the sugar, mostly.

Black coffee, no sugar.

It was “Sugar Free” monster I always drank so sweeteners and caffeine really "

How many cans? Honestly that probably wasn't that bad for you, so long as you only had one a day.

Were you having side effects you weren't happy with?

It seems motivation is my real issue here

Manchester (she/her)

"It seems motivation is my real issue here "

True motivation must come from within. Seek and ye shall find...

Yeah I've had enough of that voice I can't do it

Black coffee, no sugar.

How many cans? Honestly that probably wasn't that bad for you, so long as you only had one a day.

Were you having side effects you weren't happy with?"

Was only one a day yeah but with all the shit going on my hearts been doing some weird shit so I decided to chap the caffeine on the head. My hearts stopped doing it’s weird thing but now I’m always tired can’t win

Put your creativity to use and write some tunes

La la land

"I tend to stick my head out the window when I'm starting to dose off. And then have a little boogie in the office or lab with music blasting, if no-one is about.

"

Ah but are you dancing along with the music? Though I do wonder what the hell people would think if they caught me

"I tend to stick my head out the window when I'm starting to dose off. And then have a little boogie in the office or lab with music blasting, if no-one is about.

Ah but are you dancing along with the music? Though I do wonder what the hell people would think if they caught me "

Started my day with Goldfingers version of 99 red balloons, I was singing and dancing my wee heart out at 7am

"Was only one a day yeah but with all the shit going on my hearts been doing some weird shit so I decided to chap the caffeine on the head. My hearts stopped doing it’s weird thing but now I’m always tired can’t win "

If your heart's doing "weird shit" you really need to speak to a doctor under 400mg of caffeine per day should not be causing heart problems in healthy people, so it suggests either an underlying health condition or some other trigger.

Manchester (she/her)

Black coffee, no sugar.

Were you having side effects you weren't happy with?

Was only one a day yeah but with all the shit going on my hearts been doing some weird shit so I decided to chap the caffeine on the head. My hearts stopped doing it’s weird thing but now I’m always tired can’t win "

Maybe talk to your doctor. That seems like too much side effect given the dose you're talking about.

"Put your creativity to use and write some tunes "

New song came out on Spotify last weekend and I’ve another one finished and ready to roll, just waiting on someone doing the editing malarkey

"Was only one a day yeah but with all the shit going on my hearts been doing some weird shit so I decided to chap the caffeine on the head. My hearts stopped doing it’s weird thing but now I’m always tired can’t win

If your heart's doing "weird shit" you really need to speak to a doctor under 400mg of caffeine per day should not be causing heart problems in healthy people, so it suggests either an underlying health condition or some other trigger."

No doubt, I know what they’ll say

Stop smoking, stop drinking take two paracetamol and come back in two weeks

Black coffee, no sugar.

Were you having side effects you weren't happy with?"

I think you’ll still find there is plenty wrong with caffeine even if you’re drinking under the rda it still ups blood pressure etc best avoiding it as much as possible and drinks that are sugar free just have other bad shit in them too replace the sugar

"Was only one a day yeah but with all the shit going on my hearts been doing some weird shit so I decided to chap the caffeine on the head. My hearts stopped doing it’s weird thing but now I’m always tired can’t win

If your heart's doing "weird shit" you really need to speak to a doctor under 400mg of caffeine per day should not be causing heart problems in healthy people, so it suggests either an underlying health condition or some other trigger.

Stop smoking, stop drinking take two paracetamol and come back in two weeks "

..buddy

You seriously smoke and drink, and decided caffeine was the one to knock on the head?!

..buddy

You seriously smoke and drink, and decided caffeine was the one to knock on the head?!"

If there’s anything you can take away from this it’s that as you can see I look for the easy way out first

"I think you’ll still find there is plenty wrong with caffeine even if you’re drinking under the rda it still ups blood pressure etc best avoiding it as much as possible and drinks that are sugar free just have other bad shit in them too replace the sugar "

Nah, it's arse. Under 400mg in normal, healthy people is fine:

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2017.04.002

"When the total body of evidence was evaluated and when study quality, consistency, level of adversity, and magnitude of response were considered, the evidence generally supports that consumption of up to 400 mg caffeine/day in healthy adults is not associated with overt, adverse cardiovascular effects, behavioral effects, reproductive and developmental effects, acute effects, or bone status."

Manchester (she/her)

Stop smoking, stop drinking take two paracetamol and come back in two weeks "

I mean (not diagnosing) sounds like it might be anxiety and most doctors aren't completely in the dark ages?

(Might not be anxiety - not a doctor, am someone with anxiety - but if you see a doctor who doesn't ask about it then your doctor sucks)

Manchester (she/her)

..buddy

You seriously smoke and drink, and decided caffeine was the one to knock on the head?!

If there’s anything you can take away from this it’s that as you can see I look for the easy way out first "

Caffeine withdrawal is real

"I think you’ll still find there is plenty wrong with caffeine even if you’re drinking under the rda it still ups blood pressure etc best avoiding it as much as possible and drinks that are sugar free just have other bad shit in them too replace the sugar

"When the total body of evidence was evaluated and when study quality, consistency, level of adversity, and magnitude of response were considered, the evidence generally supports that consumption of up to 400 mg caffeine/day in healthy adults is not associated with overt, adverse cardiovascular effects, behavioral effects, reproductive and developmental effects, acute effects, or bone status.""

Everybody’s body’s different though we all react different to different things there’s surely no way anyone could come to that conclusion and it be 100%?

..buddy

If there’s anything you can take away from this it’s that as you can see I look for the easy way out first

Caffeine withdrawal is real "

Still seemed like an easier thing to deal with than dropping the smoking

Manchester (she/her)

"I think you’ll still find there is plenty wrong with caffeine even if you’re drinking under the rda it still ups blood pressure etc best avoiding it as much as possible and drinks that are sugar free just have other bad shit in them too replace the sugar

"When the total body of evidence was evaluated and when study quality, consistency, level of adversity, and magnitude of response were considered, the evidence generally supports that consumption of up to 400 mg caffeine/day in healthy adults is not associated with overt, adverse cardiovascular effects, behavioral effects, reproductive and developmental effects, acute effects, or bone status."

Everybody’s body’s different though we all react different to different things there’s surely no way anyone could come to that conclusion and it be 100%?"

... you do know that they account for variations in people in studies, right?

La la land

Ah but are you dancing along with the music? Though I do wonder what the hell people would think if they caught me

Started my day with Goldfingers version of 99 red balloons, I was singing and dancing my wee heart out at 7am "

Tune! Stomping around in lab now, adding that to my playlist

I mean (not diagnosing) sounds like it might be anxiety and most doctors aren't completely in the dark ages?

(Might not be anxiety - not a doctor, am someone with anxiety - but if you see a doctor who doesn't ask about it then your doctor sucks)"

I really don’t bother with the doctor unless something is falling off spent too much time in those places when I was younger

Started my day with Goldfingers version of 99 red balloons, I was singing and dancing my wee heart out at 7am

Tune! Stomping around in lab now, adding that to my playlist "

Love it!!!

Everybody’s body’s different though we all react different to different things there’s surely no way anyone could come to that conclusion and it be 100%?

... you do know that they account for variations in people in studies, right?"

Nah I’m not a scientist even in this day and age they don’t know how every single body works so just don’t get how they could get too that conclusion but as I say I’m no scientist

Manchester (she/her)

(Might not be anxiety - not a doctor, am someone with anxiety - but if you see a doctor who doesn't ask about it then your doctor sucks)

I really don’t bother with the doctor unless something is falling off spent too much time in those places when I was younger "

Fair. But you should talk to your doctor here, that's not good.

"When the total body of evidence was evaluated and when study quality, consistency, level of adversity, and magnitude of response were considered, the evidence generally supports that consumption of up to 400 mg caffeine/day in healthy adults is not associated with overt, adverse cardiovascular effects, behavioral effects, reproductive and developmental effects, acute effects, or bone status.""

I’m definitely not a healthy adult

Best thing you can do is stay away from energy drinks.

They are a cancer, mind altering ingredients that make you want more.

Why do you think red bull is a massive empire. Addiction

"Everybody’s body’s different though we all react different to different things there’s surely no way anyone could come to that conclusion and it be 100%?"

Absolutely right - science is a process of constantly disproving theories as we become more correct over time, as opposed to always being 100% sure that we're 100% correct.

But I would point out that this systematic review is MORE LIKELY to be correct - the best evidence humanity has so far produced points to there being nothing wrong with caffeine (in moderation).

Manchester (she/her)

Nah I’m not a scientist even in this day and age they don’t know how every single body works so just don’t get how they could get too that conclusion but as I say I’m no scientist "

As you say, you're not a scientist.

Studies are designed to minimise these problems. Even if you think it doesn't happen or can't be done, that's actually how they do it or science would be meaningless.

Tune! Stomping around in lab now, adding that to my playlist "

Yous people on this are always mentioning songs/bands I’ve never even heard of must be an age thing

"Best thing you can do is stay away from energy drinks.

Why do you think red bull is a massive empire. Addiction"

To me coffee is very much the same

Tune! Stomping around in lab now, adding that to my playlist

Yous people on this are always mentioning songs/bands I’ve never even heard of must be an age thing "

99 red balloons is a classic... to me

Takes me back to my skating days

"Still seemed like an easier thing to deal with than dropping the smoking "

So, I ask of smokers to do one of two things:

1) Please, PLEASE stop smoking. It's the single best thing you could do for your health.

2) If you won't stop smoking, please ensure that you are a full-body donor. Your body would be useless to medicine but it's very useful for research, and smokers die of some truly horrific diseases that we still need to study and understand better.

Nah I’m not a scientist even in this day and age they don’t know how every single body works so just don’t get how they could get too that conclusion but as I say I’m no scientist

As you say, you're not a scientist.

Studies are designed to minimise these problems. Even if you think it doesn't happen or can't be done, that's actually how they do it or science would be meaningless."

I get that and obviously to a certain point it’s accurate not arguing with that at all just stating some people’s bodys react different than others

So no way it could be 100%

I was boarder-line diabetic

So cut sugar out of my tea and coffee

Ate less chocolate and more water

Takes awhile to get used to but it does work

Feel so much better and even lost weight which is always good

Pre workout

"Pre workout "

Yess this is a class idea healthy too

"Still seemed like an easier thing to deal with than dropping the smoking

So, I ask of smokers to do one of two things:

1) Please, PLEASE stop smoking. It's the single best thing you could do for your health.

2) If you won't stop smoking, please ensure that you are a full-body donor. Your body would be useless to medicine but it's very useful for research, and smokers die of some truly horrific diseases that we still need to study and understand better."

Nah I’ll be happy dropped out a plane when I’m dead, I’ll bury myself

My gran is near 90 and smoked all her days and is still going stronger than some people I know in my age range

Manchester (she/her)

"

I get that and obviously to a certain point it’s accurate not arguing with that at all just stating some people’s bodys react different than others

So no way it could be 100%"

Nothing is ever 100%. Medical studies are usually done to a 99% confidence interval.

This is a piece of information which is substantially better than making it up. It's been tested, verified, etc, and controlled.

Would you rather "this is the best we can know at the moment" or "it's not 100% so we don't know anything?"

Nothing is ever 100%. Ever.

"

So no way it could be 100%

Nothing is ever 100%. Medical studies are usually done to a 99% confidence interval.

This is a piece of information which is substantially better than making it up. It's been tested, verified, etc, and controlled.

Would you rather "this is the best we can know at the moment" or "it's not 100% so we don't know anything?"

Nothing is ever 100%. Ever."

I’ve agreed with you lol why you keeping going

"Nah I’ll be happy dropped out a plane when I’m dead, I’ll bury myself

My gran is near 90 and smoked all her days and is still going stronger than some people I know in my age range "

I wish her the best of health, but beating the odds doesn't mean the odds are wrong

Don't bother quitting caffeine. Lots of hassle for no benefit, with the possible exception of people suffering from insomnia.

"I was boarder-line diabetic

So cut sugar out of my tea and coffee

Ate less chocolate and more water

Takes awhile to get used to but it does work

Feel so much better and even lost weight which is always good

"

Been tested a few times for diabetes and they were negative, I completely stopped drinking soft drinks after a five mile walk in Miami with only a bottle of Dr Pepper and now consume at least 2 litres of water a day. The monster was like my morning coffee to me

I’m putting on weight but that’s down to the lack of gigging which kept me fit

"Pre workout "

Wassat? I’ve never been in a gym in my life

To me coffee is very much the same "

Maybe true. But these energy drinks have taken over. Ads are everywhere for them which drives that addiction.

Didn't have them years ago. Even worse is them concentration shots.

No need

To me coffee is very much the same

Maybe true. But these energy drinks have taken over. Ads are everywhere for them which drives that addiction.

Didn't have them years ago. Even worse is them concentration shots.

No need"

Aww I bought one of those once!

I’d a sip and nearly threw up so I gave it to someone else so I could watch their reaction

Worth it

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Coffee

Switching one source of caffeine for another’s probably not the answer "

...but that's how I meet people

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Chew gum.

"Chew gum."

I’ve never really been a chewing gum person, always found it a bit rank

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Water, exercise, nutrition, more sleep, sunlight"

This definitely!.)it takes a couple weeks but you will feel much better..

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Its the lack off caffeine I would guess it can take weeks to get over it.

Good luck though I have never been able to kick it.

"Its the lack off caffeine I would guess it can take weeks to get over it.

Good luck though I have never been able to kick it. "

Tell you one thing that’s changed drastically, my temper. I’m no where near as bad, I’ve not torn my manager a new asshole once this week when normally it’s 2/3 times a day

"Water, exercise, nutrition, more sleep, sunlight

This definitely!.)it takes a couple weeks but you will feel much better.. "

Water - Already 2 litres a day

Exercise - If I could get gigging again it’d help

Nutrition- umm Does monster munch count?

Sleep - I usually get a decent nights sleep

Sunlight - I live in Scotland, it’s like a myth up here

» Add a new message to this topic