FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you a Glitter fan !

Are you a Glitter fan !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morrisons and other supermarkets to ban glitter this Christmas.Tons of plastic ends up in sea,gets in food chain.

Wonder what else we can do without?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought for a minute you were gonna ask if I wanna be in your gang your gang your gang....

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Fireworks. I certainly would not miss them.

Unnecessary cardboard packaging, such as around a tube of toothpaste, just why?! They go straight in the bin..

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Helium Balloons. Most end up in the sea

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Chinese floating lanterns

Couldn't all eggs be sold in cardboard.opening eggs in plastic containers sounds horrible too !

When there was giro cheques,they were sent to Ireland and recycled as egg cartons !

Absolutely detest glitter, especially on cards! It gets everywhere, feels horrible and makes the card non recyclable.

A lot of packaging. I ordered make up online and they sent a massive box with 2 small items inside. It made no sense. I have children so a lot of my cardboard ends up in craft projects but that's not the point.

I refuse to put my lose fruit/vegetable in the plastic bags at super market I weigh and place the sticker on the fruit. I know some are using recyclable bags now but I still feel this is a waste.

"Absolutely detest glitter, especially on cards! It gets everywhere, feels horrible and makes the card non recyclable. "

I am with you on that and it's even worse when you get a glitter happy person who puts it inside the card I hate it

Agree with all the above ^

We live in a throw away world.

When I was a child I had never set foot in a charity shop. My mum had such a 'thing' about secondhand things that she wouldn't even allow me to visit the library!

If I needed a book/books for reference (showing my age) she would buy it/them for me rather than have a used one in the house

Years later I've built quite a little business buying and selling secondhand goods.

I recommend charity shops to everyone.

By *UCKER56Man  over a year ago

Walsall

"Unnecessary cardboard packaging, such as around a tube of toothpaste, just why?! They go straight in the bin.."
have you ever tried stacking tubes of toothpaste on the shelves without

"Unnecessary cardboard packaging, such as around a tube of toothpaste, just why?! They go straight in the bin.. have you ever tried stacking tubes of toothpaste on the shelves without "

Thats a ridiculous objection, it would be simple to change the design of the shelving to have a slot container for them to stand up in.

There are countries like Iceland that already banned this type of packaging after realising how pointless the waste was. Solutions are found when the will is there

"Agree with all the above ^

We live in a throw away world.

When I was a child I had never set foot in a charity shop. My mum had such a 'thing' about secondhand things that she wouldn't even allow me to visit the library!

If I needed a book/books for reference (showing my age) she would buy it/them for me rather than have a used one in the house

Years later I've built quite a little business buying and selling secondhand goods.

I recommend charity shops to everyone. "

We rarely buy furniture new. I only bought my daughter a new bed well had it made as it was cheaper and better quality than the used ones at that time. All the rest of my furniture is second hand. Older stuff was made to last aswell.

And with items like books and ornaments I don't see why buy new. Older stuff is usually more interesting. My books tend to be third hand my sister does the charity shops reads them and then hands them down to me haha

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

"Absolutely detest glitter, especially on cards! It gets everywhere, feels horrible and makes the card non recyclable.

I am with you on that and it's even worse when you get a glitter happy person who puts it inside the card I hate it"

I would only do that to someone I didn't like lol

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Polystyrene!

Bloody hate the stuff can’t do anything with it and fills up the bin too much

I know it’s slowly being fazed out but not quick enough for my liking

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Unnecessary cardboard packaging, such as around a tube of toothpaste, just why?! They go straight in the bin.. have you ever tried stacking tubes of toothpaste on the shelves without "

Box the tubes nozzle down ?

Similar to Aldi etc..

Save time, packaging etc..

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

The amount of packaging on kids toys. You have to have an NVQ in Toy Opening to get some of them out. And a full set of screwdrivers!

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

China as they make most of this plastic crap

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

"Morrisons and other supermarkets to ban glitter this Christmas.Tons of plastic ends up in sea,gets in food chain.

Wonder what else we can do without?"

Can’t stand the stuff. I remember picking the kids up once from nursery in the new Jag, black leather glinting from all the glitter

Took ages to clean it all out.

Hobbycraft do an range of environmentally friendly glitter. Thats the only place i’ll get it from now. As a glitter fan I felt bad about the impact it was having on the environment so i stopped using it for a bit. Thank God for Hobbycraft

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah I'm down for biodegradable glitter.

I'm really not ok with non eye safe glitter (or pigments) being used in eyeshadow. (Or calling it pigment rather than eyeshadow to get around the problem, knowing full well it'll be used on the eyes) I don't care how pretty it is if it risks blinding you.

Soon you'll be able to buy a fish and the plastic bag will already be inside

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

There’s an article in the guardian today talking about how “environmentally friendly” glitter is causing just as many problems as standard glitter. Best to not bother with it at all.

Lily

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Not a fan of glitter. But I do still laugh at the thread off hear from a couple if years back from someone who went into work unbeknowingly glittered up after taking a bath after his daughter's glitter bathbomb

Well Christmas is cancelled this year after all.

I was going to order the turkey but don't think mum would like trump at the table as I hear he will be free

By *layful HarlequinMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

Gary ....?

I have always refused to buy glitter Christmas cards. And I don’t like receiving Christmas cards with glitter on them.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

That plastic vacuum sealed packaging crap that you always need scissors to open.

Why does it need to be so complicated

The old fish and chip shops had your fish and chips wrapped in newspapers,not plastic containers.

.nowadays plastic containers often taste better than the fish

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Ban all oil based products.

» Add a new message to this topic