FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Double Standards

Double Standards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So hi a question, do you think sometimes women get away with things that men can't?

Like for instance if a woman hits on a guy it's cool, if a guy does it he comes off a type of way.

Also in terms of rejections, when women do it it's ok, when guys do it it's because they are holding women to ridiculously high standards.

Just your thoughts on this (and yes I know about the countless double standards guys get away with that women can't but I'm speaking about those I listed and any others where you think men are treated a bit unfairly)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes for sure x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah, like women get maternity leave, what a racket!

If a guy hits on a woman, it comes off in a certain way?

Can you elaborate pls?

"If a guy hits on a woman, it comes off in a certain way?

Can you elaborate pls?"

Oh man, he wasn’t expecting questions

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sure. Let's change it.

Can you elaborate pls?

Oh man, he wasn’t expecting questions "

I like to question things

It keeps me alive

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I worry about this to be honest although it's probably all in my own head.

If a guy that's slightly older says something in terms of being flirty in the forum it's fine, but I worry if I say something similar in the same vain, it can be seen as me being immature like all young men seem to be perceived.

Just my 2 cents worth though in showing double standards aren't just restricted to men and women

Can you elaborate pls?

It keeps me alive"

Question everything!

Why, should I ?

"So hi a question, do you think sometimes women get away with things that men can't?

Like for instance if a woman hits on a guy it's cool, if a guy does it he comes off a type of way.

Also in terms of rejections, when women do it it's ok, when guys do it it's because they are holding women to ridiculously high standards.

Just your thoughts on this (and yes I know about the countless double standards guys get away with that women can't but I'm speaking about those I listed and any others where you think men are treated a bit unfairly)

"

I have read a few topics which you have posted and I really do think there is some sinister undertones in your thinking.

"Yeah, like women get maternity leave, what a racket! "

I thought that fathers now have paternity pay?

"Yeah, like women get maternity leave, what a racket!

I thought that fathers now have paternity pay?"

They do.

Can you elaborate pls?

It keeps me alive

Question everything!

Why, should I ? "

Because otherwise you will end up like my ex husband

With slushy turnips for brains

I thought that fathers now have paternity pay?"

That’s two weeks, not two years.

Yes.

Such as men who are promiscuous are patted on the back for doing so and almost praised.

Women who are promiscuous are slated all the time.

"So hi a question, do you think sometimes women get away with things that men can't?

"

nicking the duvet cover

toilet seat left up

washing up rota

By *auti Lass and MoleCouple  over a year ago

Bicester

That’s two weeks, not two years. "

Depends on the company policies. Some are more progressive than others.

They’re doing womb transplants nowadays. Get your name down for one

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

There’s some male formites that this applies to as well OP

Take the Diet Coke advert for example. Load of horny office bitches waiting for the young guy to take his top off and drink his Diet Coke whilst they all wolf whistle and stare and throw their pissy pad knickers at him.

Imagine it the other way round, young girl and a load of blokes standing round jeering and wolf whistling.

That’s the main example of double standards.

"Take the Diet Coke advert for example. Load of horny office bitches waiting for the young guy to take his top off and drink his Diet Coke whilst they all wolf whistle and stare and throw their pissy pad knickers at him.

Imagine it the other way round, young girl and a load of blokes standing round jeering and wolf whistling.

That’s the main example of double standards. "

Exactly, last time I cut the grass outside that office block.

By *bt96Man  over a year ago

GAINSBOROUGH

"Take the Diet Coke advert for example. Load of horny office bitches waiting for the young guy to take his top off and drink his Diet Coke whilst they all wolf whistle and stare and throw their pissy pad knickers at him.

I dont think you would mind that happening to you lol

How old is that advert?

I doubt it would be allowed today.

How old is that advert?

I doubt it would be allowed today."

Exactly.

How old is that advert?

I doubt it would be allowed today."

The last one was 2013, so not that long ago.

Manchester (she/her)

It might be accepted by society but... I wouldn't do it because I accept that creepy goes both ways. All I can do, really. I don't condone that shit

Someone complimenting or flirting or handing you his number is fine. Someone squeezing your arse and saying let me fuck it isn’t.

This is the same for woman or men. What’s so difficult to comprehend.

Someone not taking no for a answer is wrong whether female or male

Either partner can opt for the leave. Think woman have to be off for 6 weeks minimum but then they can nominate their partners to continue the leave instead of them. My friend did this as it worked out better for them financially

I can give you another example of double standards. Everyone knows I like to do things to sleeping men, suck their penis and have sex with them. Now imagine that the other way round and a guy saying he does that to women.

(Although I do get consent before they fall asleep *disclaimer)

Manchester (she/her)

This is something that a lot of people - probably especially women - have been at the pointy end of. It can be disconcerting, isolating, even scary to be on the receiving end of.

Tread carefully if at all. No matter how attractive you might be.

"I can give you another example of double standards. Everyone knows I like to do things to sleeping men, suck their penis and have sex with them. Now imagine that the other way round and a guy saying he does that to women.

(Although I do get consent before they fall asleep *disclaimer)"

I think it’s fine with consent and I’ve had partners wake me up sexually with my prior consent infact I love being woken that way

If a woman posted a thread about women being treated unfairly a ton of cackling women would be slagging men off.

If a man posted such a thread.......

"I can give you another example of double standards. Everyone knows I like to do things to sleeping men, suck their penis and have sex with them. Now imagine that the other way round and a guy saying he does that to women.

And that's exactly it's all about consent. If my partner did that to me it wouldn't be a problem although he would know better than to wake me up for any reason.

If it was that someone was just hooking up with or a very casual thing and unless we had discussed It I would not do that to them and certainly wouldn't expect it to be done to me.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"If a woman posted a thread about women being treated unfairly a ton of cackling women would be slagging men off.

If a man posted such a thread......."

Yes, where are all the cackling men? Where's the male solidarity?

Mrs TMN x

"If a woman posted a thread about women being treated unfairly a ton of cackling women would be slagging men off.

If a man posted such a thread......."

You obviously missed the thread that got removed last night you will find that the woman stuck up for the man

And the generalisations start...

Manchester (she/her)

You obviously missed the thread that got removed last night you will find that the woman stuck up for the man"

Yeah. This harpy was on the bloke's side.

Not sure if this fits in exactly but see a lot of stories now about female teachers sleeping with teenage students. And because the victims are young males the comments you see are "I bet he loved it" "I bet he wasn't complaining" Especially if the teacher is deemed to be attractive. Then it's "wish she was a teacher when I was at school" "is have banged all my teachers if they looked like her" bla bla bla. These guys cannot seem to comprehend that the boys are victims and these women are paedophiles. A male teacher and a teenage girl, they would want him strung up. Massive double standard

Manchester (she/her)

"Not sure if this fits in exactly but see a lot of stories now about female teachers sleeping with teenage students. And because the victims are young males the comments you see are "I bet he loved it" "I bet he wasn't complaining" Especially if the teacher is deemed to be attractive. Then it's "wish she was a teacher when I was at school" "is have banged all my teachers if they looked like her" bla bla bla. These guys cannot seem to comprehend that the boys are victims and these women are paedophiles. A male teacher and a teenage girl, they would want him strung up. Massive double standard"

Yup. Revolting.

You obviously missed the thread that got removed last night you will find that the woman stuck up for the man"

I'm not on the forum 24/7

"Not sure if this fits in exactly but see a lot of stories now about female teachers sleeping with teenage students. And because the victims are young males the comments you see are "I bet he loved it" "I bet he wasn't complaining" Especially if the teacher is deemed to be attractive. Then it's "wish she was a teacher when I was at school" "is have banged all my teachers if they looked like her" bla bla bla. These guys cannot seem to comprehend that the boys are victims and these women are paedophiles. A male teacher and a teenage girl, they would want him strung up. Massive double standard

Yup. Revolting."

Very true indeed

"Not sure if this fits in exactly but see a lot of stories now about female teachers sleeping with teenage students. And because the victims are young males the comments you see are "I bet he loved it" "I bet he wasn't complaining" Especially if the teacher is deemed to be attractive. Then it's "wish she was a teacher when I was at school" "is have banged all my teachers if they looked like her" bla bla bla. These guys cannot seem to comprehend that the boys are victims and these women are paedophiles. A male teacher and a teenage girl, they would want him strung up. Massive double standard"

So true.

It genuinely boils my blood to see comments like “Wish that was me” when it comes to a male child being assaulted by a school teacher.

It seems to be a lot more frequently in the news.

Hopefully that's because the boys feel that they can report it.

Thanks I appreciate the comments and the contribution to the post. I do think sometimes we're all guilty of double standards and not all times we do it intentionally.

So thanks again.

Surely everbodies standards and perceptions are different to differing degrees?

What one person thinks or does can vary massively from someone else. It's not easy to generalise.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

They get jailed too.

"Not sure if this fits in exactly but see a lot of stories now about female teachers sleeping with teenage students. And because the victims are young males the comments you see are "I bet he loved it" "I bet he wasn't complaining" Especially if the teacher is deemed to be attractive. Then it's "wish she was a teacher when I was at school" "is have banged all my teachers if they looked like her" bla bla bla. These guys cannot seem to comprehend that the boys are victims and these women are paedophiles. A male teacher and a teenage girl, they would want him strung up. Massive double standard

They get jailed too. "

They do often get jailed yes. It's clear in the eyes of the law. Just seems to be the perception of many people, men especially, that the teenage boy wouldn't mind so it's ok. Still a perception also that men cannot be the victim of abuse by females. Thankfully that seems to be changing now after a lot of work by victim support groups and male victims feeling more able to speak out.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

[Removed by poster at 14/10/20 20:17:09]

Men who abuse women are classed as scum of the earth. If a woman abuses a man, he's seen as a wimp. It's a situation men can't win. Hubby was physically and mentally abused by an ex. The final straw was when he was assaulted and needed 6 stitches.

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

Women have been treat unfairly for years and still are all over the world. Its a bit rich a man complaining about things not being fair.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Never heard of 2 years maternity leave

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Maternity leave only goes up to one year, and unless the employer has a policy to pay more, I believe the last six months are unpaid. There is also now shared parental leave, where the parents can decide amongst themselves how much time off the each want. Besides, the mother has to push a whole human out of her vag and do the majority of the child rearing, so your point is?

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

With prior consent there’s nothing wrong with a man doing this either.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

That’s two weeks, not two years.

Maternity leave only goes up to one year, and unless the employer has a policy to pay more, I believe the last six months are unpaid. There is also now shared parental leave, where the parents can decide amongst themselves how much time off the each want. Besides, the mother has to push a whole human out of her vag and do the majority of the child rearing, so your point is?"

2 weeks do seem a bit unfair tbh but in a lot of jobs you probably wouldnt even get that.

» Add a new message to this topic