FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ex relationship advice?

Ex relationship advice?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Honestly I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice if possible my ex girlfriend ( not seen for nearly 3 years ) is claiming I owe her money which she bought a TV for the flat.

Now she had many times for someone to come and get her belongings from the flat and never did now I got this message today.

REMINDER*

You have til 2nd November 2020 to

make a payment for the television you sold that did not belong to you.

Failure to make any payment will then be classed as THEFT and reported to the police.

This isn’t going to go away just because you no longer have any contact with T you have committed a crime and the consequences still remain.

Now i never sold the TV it broke if anyone can help I know it's not what possibly shouldn't be on here but help advice would be welcomed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's probably an empty threat but even if it isn't it doesn't sound like she would have a legal leg to stand on and the police won't be interested in it's not theft.

If you both lived together then it's hard to prove who's television it actually was.

Its a civil matter and the police will tell her that, so let her get on with it.

By *nerealman100Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

If you finished on good terms find out how much she wants and if you can afford to give her the money then give her it, it could be she is a bad situation at the moment like a lot of people are just make it clear that is it then no coming back and asking for more later and like has been said already it is a civil matter and not really something that the police would want to investigate.

"If you finished on good terms find out how much she wants and if you can afford to give her the money then give her it, it could be she is a bad situation at the moment like a lot of people are just make it clear that is it then no coming back and asking for more later and like has been said already it is a civil matter and not really something that the police would want to investigate."

It's not something the police can investigate and actually you can't just start demanding money of people you haven't seen for 3 years because you on hard times.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"If you finished on good terms find out how much she wants and if you can afford to give her the money then give her it, it could be she is a bad situation at the moment like a lot of people are just make it clear that is it then no coming back and asking for more later and like has been said already it is a civil matter and not really something that the police would want to investigate.

It's not something the police can investigate and actually you can't just start demanding money of people you haven't seen for 3 years because you on hard times.

"

She'll get laughed out of the Police station

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

You haven't said who the message is from OP? If it's from her or one of her friends I'd completely ignore it - as has been said the police would tell her it's a civil matter and technically how can you steal something which she's had every opportunity over three years to collect?

Can you prove that it was broken and you disposed of it accordingly? Did you tell her at the time it broke that it was broken and you were disposing of it? If the answer is yes to *either* of those things she won't have a leg to stand on.

If the message is from somewhere "official" e.g. solicitors or debt collection agency - I'd maybe go to the Citizens Advice Bureau who can advise you better based on the situation, but again at best I'd be inclined to write to the people that contacted you and explain politely what happened, that your ex has had every opportunity over three years to collect it (assuming she has) and you don't consider there is any case to answer.

It will probably cost her a lot more than the price of a telly to pursue it further anyway.

Obviously all of the above is based on the brief detail you have provided and there are assumptions made but fair ones.

"You haven't said who the message is from OP? If it's from her or one of her friends I'd completely ignore it - as has been said the police would tell her it's a civil matter and technically how can you steal something which she's had every opportunity over three years to collect?

Can you prove that it was broken and you disposed of it accordingly? Did you tell her at the time it broke that it was broken and you were disposing of it? If the answer is yes to *either* of those things she won't have a leg to stand on.

If the message is from somewhere "official" e.g. solicitors or debt collection agency - I'd maybe go to the Citizens Advice Bureau who can advise you better based on the situation, but again at best I'd be inclined to write to the people that contacted you and explain politely what happened, that your ex has had every opportunity over three years to collect it (assuming she has) and you don't consider there is any case to answer.

It will probably cost her a lot more than the price of a telly to pursue it further anyway.

Obviously all of the above is based on the brief detail you have provided and there are assumptions made but fair ones."

I was going to say the same as you about who the message was from but then I thought that a debt collection or solicitor then I doubt they would have said they were going to the police and that he can't get away with it.

Would be interesting to know who it was from though.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'd get some advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau but I wouldn't give her any money. I doubt very much you owe it to her after this time.

Sounds like a scam to get cash out of you.

Don't let anyone bully you into paying, until youve spoken to the CAB.

By *osie xWoman  over a year ago

wolverhampton

The wording is no way professional so doubting anyone official.

Maybe it’s a weird attempt to connect back with you as, as you say, she’s had enough time to collect it and hasn’t.

Ooooh...tricky enough situation ,As in ,it totally depends if there's alternative motives..but if it was me and after 3 years this landed on my door step and l didn't want to have anything at all to do with her as in didn't want her to start constantly hounding me etc etc ,l would give her the money and be totally free from her ..it will be the best thing you paid for in the long run ..your mental freedom.

Deny all knowledge. Say she took it.

You say you got a message so guessing that’s a text? Just ignore and block the number. Block hers too.

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Tell her to f#@k off she abandoned her property that's up to her... She can't be coming back years later asking for it or money.... Tell her to take a hike and the police have more to worry about.... Like handing out fines to dogger for not social distancing

"Deny all knowledge. Say she took it. "

Don't give her any money or she will come back for more.

"Tell her to f#@k off she abandoned her property that's up to her... She can't be coming back years later asking for it or money.... Tell her to take a hike and the police have more to worry about.... Like handing out fines to dogger for not social distancing

"

I tend to agree.

I'd tell whoever sent the message to do one.

Its absolutely laughable. What a nugget!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Firstly keep the messages, as evidence of harassment and proof of trying to extortion money from you.

Secondly, send this:

Thanks for your message. However, if you wish to claim money from me then I suggest you go down the legal route. If you try to harass me again for money I’ll contact the Police.

They won’t take you to Court as it’ll cost them and they don’t have a leg to stand on 3 years later.

DO NOT give them money. And if they do keep on, go to the Police.

"Firstly keep the messages, as evidence of harassment and proof of trying to extortion money from you.

Secondly, send this:

Thanks for your message. However, if you wish to claim money from me then I suggest you go down the legal route. If you try to harass me again for money I’ll contact the Police.

They won’t take you to Court as it’ll cost them and they don’t have a leg to stand on 3 years later.

DO NOT give them money. And if they do keep on, go to the Police."

This is good advice. The very best she can hope for is small claims court and she'd need comprehensive evidence for that. The Police are very unlikely to entertain her.

Imagine being so embittered that you are still going on about a telly 3 years on

The woman needs counselling not a pay out

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP have you got a new TV now ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well yes of course I got a new TV now but the TV in question it is broke literally it doesn't say who the message was from it just sent sent on behalf of the ex-girlfriend so give you all an update I have now received a message telling me that it generally wasn't her sending the messages she doesn't want the TV even though it's broke anyway

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You must be relieved there is nothing to worry about now

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Has she got a new partner? Sounds like the sort of message a new partner would send to be honest

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Do you have the TV? If you do then just give it to her.

This clearly isn't theft because you didn't take it, so the police won't get involved. She would need the receipt and proof that she didn't collect it.

The first thing I would do is ask for a copy of the receipt. She would have to take you Small Claims Court. If she can't prove she bought it, she's not going to get anywhere. SCC won't consider anything from that long ago anyway.

Legally it doesn't sound like she has a leg to stand on. Morally speaking you have to decide for yourself.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

She doesn't have a leg to stand on. Ignore her or outright laugh in her face and tell her to do one

Tell her to come pick up the money alone.....

Then answer the door naked , and tell her she has to search every crevice of your body to find the money.......

Tell her you gave her the money 3 years ago, when she says prove it throw it back to her and say no you prove I didn’t.

It could be just the world's worst attempt at romantic reconciliation

By *ochdale lad2019Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

Tell he your going to report her for bmail

"Honestly I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice if possible my ex girlfriend ( not seen for nearly 3 years ) is claiming I owe her money which she bought a TV for the flat.I

Now she had many times for someone to come and get her belongings from the flat and never did now I got this message today.

REMINDER*

You have til 2nd November 2020 to

make a payment for the television you sold that did not belong to you.

Failure to make any payment will then be classed as THEFT and reported to the police.

This isn’t going to go away just because you no longer have any contact with T you have committed a crime and the consequences still remain.

Now i never sold the TV it broke if anyone can help I know it's not what possibly shouldn't be on here but help advice would be welcomed "

Send her the following reply 'fuck off'

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Tell her you want the money back from all the diamond jewelry you bought her....it was a good £50K wasnt it?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well yes of course I got a new TV now but the TV in question it is broke literally it doesn't say who the message was from it just sent sent on behalf of the ex-girlfriend so give you all an update I have now received a message telling me that it generally wasn't her sending the messages she doesn't want the TV even though it's broke anyway"

How did the person who sent it know about the situation and how on earth did they get your number?

I deal with situations like this as if I was a dog.

If I can’t eat it, piss on it and walk away

» Add a new message to this topic