FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The National Memorial Arboretum

The National Memorial Arboretum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

Had a lovely day there today with my family, my brother helped to unveil a tribute to our late father and his comrades and my lovely nephew looked great in his RM parade dress uniform.

All in all the best day we have had as a family in god knows how many years, and one we will remember forever.

Don't share the political beliefs of Lord Ashcroft, nor am I a fan of his tax avoidance habits, but his contributions and help towards recognising the efforts and endeavours of our armed forces are highly commendable.

I am feeling particularly proud this evening.

God bless you dad

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Had a lovely day there today with my family, my brother helped to unveil a tribute to our late father and his comrades and my lovely nephew looked great in his RM parade dress uniform.

All in all the best day we have had as a family in god knows how many years, and one we will remember forever.

Don't share the political beliefs of Lord Ashcroft, nor am I a fan of his tax avoidance habits, but his contributions and help towards recognising the efforts and endeavours of our armed forces are highly commendable.

I am feeling particularly proud this evening.

God bless you dad"

Well done! We need to remember those who we have lost and those still here. Glad your day was great x

I've been there a couple of times. What an amazing place and such an important place. The service men an women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country should never be forgotten.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

Agree with all posts above. The National Memorial Arboretum is a wonderful tribute to all the brave men and women who gave their lives in the services.

RIP

I would love to visit there.

I think it is important that, as a country, we have a focal point on a national scale as well as the local monuments.

I must also say though, the next time I am in London, I will definately be going to visit the new bomber command memorial in Green Park.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Would love to visit

looks a beautiful, serene and most deserving of remembrance, a place to reflect, say thank you and show your respect.

x

"I would love to visit there.

I think it is important that, as a country, we have a focal point on a national scale as well as the local monuments.

I must also say though, the next time I am in London, I will definately be going to visit the new bomber command memorial in Green Park.

"

And wasn't it a wonderful piece of planning to have Corporal Johnson Beharry VC carry the Olympic Torch through the Arboretum on Armed Forces Day.

Had a quiet half hour remembering, great times, old mates and my best mucka who is still in the Flaklands.

» Add a new message to this topic