FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Restaurant Meal Sizes

Restaurant Meal Sizes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me - or do other people feel put off by meals that get served, piled high on plates. I wish you could get a choice small or large, as I feel so bad about leaving so much food.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think they serve wayyyyy too much. I used to be able to eat it all but not any more. Such a waste. Should be like America where they automatically give you a doggy bag to take the rest home.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I order the starters instead of a main course.

Or sometimes I go for the kids menu.

Fish fingers . . . mmmmmmmmm

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Some restaurants won't give doggy bags, because if you take it home, re-heat it, and get food poisoning, they can be held responsible.

Personally I think that's crap, the restaurant I work for gives doggy bags, especially on Sunday, because the roasts are huuugggeee!!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I ask for what i want. We tend to have a starter between us and i ask for either salad and vegatable and if i dont want what else comes with it i ask for it not to be put on my plate

My mother claims I've always been the same. Even as a young kiddie had to put my meal on a large plate to make it look smaller. Devious cow lol.

"Is it just me - or do other people feel put off by meals that get served, piled high on plates. I wish you could get a choice small or large, as I feel so bad about leaving so much food."

No rpoblems for me as I demand large servings.

yes I am a pig.

oink

i think i must eat in the wrong places cause ive never had a meal out where i have thought thats to much

Either that or im just greedy, maybe thats why im a fat bastard and your not

Lol not at all naughty. You would think looking at me it wouldn't be a problem. Then I see dead skinny girls polish off great plates of food. It's like watching a magic trick , I don't know how they do it!!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"i think i must eat in the wrong places cause ive never had a meal out where i have thought thats to much

Either that or im just greedy, maybe thats why im a fat bastard and your not "

no your not naughty you built for comfort

"Lol not at all naughty. You would think looking at me it wouldn't be a problem. Then I see dead skinny girls polish off great plates of food. It's like watching a magic trick , I don't know how they do it!!"

I have seen that too, they had more on their plate than I did!

Would love to hear where these restraunts are that serve too much - I quite often have to swing by the chippy on the way home after eating out! Sometimes seems like the more you pay the less you get....

I love carvery because if Ive been good with my food all week Ill have an adults plateful of all the well done bits of joints that most others wont want, and a few veg...

If Ive been nawty in the week, Ill have a childs portion and go back for more veg...

Dont get why people load up platefuls, in a self service, and leave half of it...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

In the restaurant I work in we do all you can eat breakfast. Them amount of waste is shocking. People pile their plates high with stuff from the continental selection, leave half of that, then pile another plate high with cooked stuff, then leave most of that.

I think it's a case of "I've paid for it, so I'll have it, so no one else can."

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

went on a cruise once with a load of Americans, ffs, once the buffet was announced....... the ship nearly upended as they ran for the plates.

"Is it just me - or do other people feel put off by meals that get served, piled high on plates. I wish you could get a choice small or large, as I feel so bad about leaving so much food."
totally agree with u, specailly if u're have a 3 course meal(never for me) but good god some starters are like a main meal... We aint all into USA oversize me meals lolxx

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

we went out for a meal the other night and i only had th esoup as wasnt feeling particularly hungry.

glad i did cuz it filled me up.

but usually i could trough down whatever is in front of me (hate waste also. was always brought up to empty my plate, so guess its stuck)

By *tensonSwingersCouple  over a year ago

Stenson Fields

You pay your money, you take your choice. I'd rather have too much and choose to leave some, than not enough and still feel hungry.

I prefer smaller courses but like to have a starter and a pudding.... hate being too pogged for a nice pud

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"i think i must eat in the wrong places cause ive never had a meal out where i have thought thats to much

Either that or im just greedy, maybe thats why im a fat bastard and your not "

So glad someone else said that.... I was thinking the same

Oh dear hope ive not offended anyone

Maybe the restaurants round our way just assume we're all greedy buggers lol

If we go for a 3 course meal now I just pace myself and leave bits on each course - so wasteful but only way I can manage. Mr notts is at hand to help me too of course

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

went to gordon ramsey's needed two slices of bread to make a sandwich for the main course

"went on a cruise once with a load of Americans, ffs, once the buffet was announced....... the ship nearly upended as they ran for the plates."

Yep, it was the same in Vegas when we went there, I wouldn't mind but it's not as if there wasn't much choice of where to go, the way some of them were battling over stuff and piling their plates was totally grotesque. Hey that's capitalism for you though, pump up the fat yanks and forget about the hungry people in the countries that are basically used as their farms, let them eat cake!

Don't worry that their crops are all dying because their water supply has been filtered off to the local US pop plants, just so long as fat Randy and Suzy-May can have a supersize when they manage to squeeze themselves on a plane and go and visit in their cultural journeys

"Would love to hear where these restraunts are that serve too much - I quite often have to swing by the chippy on the way home after eating out! Sometimes seems like the more you pay the less you get...."

lol you must eat at the same places as me

Went out for a lovely meal, paid for by my employer as a "thank you".

The portions were just right to enable me to eat 3 courses.

However, they would be considered as small for those who like to pile their plates high at "all you can eat" buffets.

» Add a new message to this topic