FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Getting your vitamin D

Getting your vitamin D

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nope it’s a euphemism.

This may seem an obvious question to some. Every year when it gets darker my mood begins to dip. I can already feel it beginning waking up to dark mornings.

Of course there is the option of a lightbox but everyone says to me I should take vit’ D supplements. I was brought up with parents who did not like to take ANYTHING and it’s hard to shake the feeling.

What are peoples experiences with taking vit’ D supplements? Did you notice any differences, be it to mood or anything else?

Any other ideas for keeping mood up in the dark seasons?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doctors know better than parents

I am prescribed them and they help

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

They definitely help me! I feel as though I have more energy too since my mood is lifted.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Doctors know better than parents

I am prescribed them and they help"

^ What she said. I was so ill last year and spent literally months back and forth from the quacks and hospital before it was discovered I had severe Vit D deficiency. Now I have one every day and I honestly believe they have saved my life

By *ingmaster1Man  over a year ago

coulsdon

i take them and zinc ones good for bones

after i fell and fractured my hip and wrist

I am prescribed them and they help"

Not according to my dad He considers himself a doctor in everything! Recently been telling me how he has stopped taking his diabetes meds, his bloods have come back fine and the doctors are mystified. Smh. Not sure if he’s just making it up!!

Do they help straight away or do you need to take them for a while? I think I’ll buy some today and see how I go. I can’t imagine a winter and not feeling down everyday haha.

"They definitely help me! I feel as though I have more energy too since my mood is lifted. "

Yeah this is exactly what I’m looking for!!

^ What she said. I was so ill last year and spent literally months back and forth from the quacks and hospital before it was discovered I had severe Vit D deficiency. Now I have one every day and I honestly believe they have saved my life "

I’m often ill too. Every year I get a cold 2-3 times in winter. Shame to hear it took so long for them to click on but sounds like you’ve found what you needed.

Vitamin D also boosts your immune system, so there really isn't a down side to taking it.

"i take them and zinc ones good for bones

after i fell and fractured my hip and wrist"

I’ll deffo look at other vitamin supplements!

Den of Iniquity

^ What she said. I was so ill last year and spent literally months back and forth from the quacks and hospital before it was discovered I had severe Vit D deficiency. Now I have one every day and I honestly believe they have saved my life

I’m often ill too. Every year I get a cold 2-3 times in winter. Shame to hear it took so long for them to click on but sounds like you’ve found what you needed. "

It was bloody awful but yes , so glad I now know x

"Vitamin D also boosts your immune system, so there really isn't a down side to taking it. "

Yeah I think my issue was wondering if there were any adverse effects but doesn’t seem like there is haha.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Most things, they say you should get from food rather than tablets. Vitamin D is the exception.

I supplement and I have a light box which I'll probably start to use in a few weeks. The light box makes a very obvious difference.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Vitamin D also boosts your immune system, so there really isn't a down side to taking it.

Yeah I think my issue was wondering if there were any adverse effects but doesn’t seem like there is haha. "

It's a fat soluble vitamin, so if you overdose yes. (Water soluble vitamins you'll just pee out the excess)

Just take the recommended dose.

Den of Iniquity

"Most things, they say you should get from food rather than tablets. Vitamin D is the exception.

I supplement and I have a light box which I'll probably start to use in a few weeks. The light box makes a very obvious difference."

Agreed . Apparently it's very difficult to get your daily allowance of Vit D just from food . And pale skinned peeps such as me need more

I was out on super high strength and I didn’t notice a jot of difference I am meant to take them daily but I’m a bit pants

I make sure I eat fortified foods, but will also supplement through winter. I have tablets and i also have a B12/D combined spray

I was critically low a couple of years sgo - symptoms were like vertigo - Very dizzy, which progressed to randomly losing my balance /falling over.. At one stage i had to hold onto furniture /person otherwise I couldn't stay upright.

Then it progressed to severe exhaustion and zero energy. It took me months to recover - probably a year to resolve

» Add a new message to this topic