FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smart tv

Smart tv

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Annoyingly when watching YouTube clips on my tv it keeps rebooting up to free up memory to load the clip, is their a way to clear up the memory on a smart tv to get rid of the cookies and crap ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"Annoyingly when watching YouTube clips on my tv it keeps rebooting up to free up memory to load the clip, is their a way to clear up the memory on a smart tv to get rid of the cookies and crap ??"

Vacuum and a duster for 'cookies and crap'

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi op

Saw advert for android TV last night.

How does compare to smart TV?

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

"Hi op

How does compare to smart TV? "

I couldn't really say, I have an LG its the first smart tv I have had,I like it, but I don't know if it maybe only has a small memory, so after watching a couple of video clips it seams to have to reload the internet function. not a massive problem but a bit annoying.

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

I wouldn't count on it. These Smart tvs are usually a bit limited in some ways because they don't want people to be tech gurus to use them.

I mainly use a Chromecast on my tv. It will send YT to the TV and other sites including, you know..."special interest" sites

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Hi op

How does compare to smart TV? "

Pretty much the same thing. Android is the operating system used in lots of non-Apple phones. Android TVs I think let you you load apps on to it. Not all apps but there should be some available that do useful things: play games, chat, stream sites etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Annoyingly when watching YouTube clips on my tv it keeps rebooting up to free up memory to load the clip, is their a way to clear up the memory on a smart tv to get rid of the cookies and crap ??"

Switch it off at the wall at night. Mine reboots in the morning when I switch it on and the memory clears.

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

Our 'Smart TV' isn't very...

....the built-in OS can't have anything added to it, so attempts to watch online streaming went nowhere because of constant ads which just clogged everything up - never actually managed to watch anything...

....gave up quite quickly, and reverted back to connecting a laptop - the TV gets used for the built-in 'catch-up' services, but that's it...

» Add a new message to this topic