FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mask Rash

Mask Rash

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or are others getting it? Before the usual comments start it isn't a personal hygene thing, I wash my face far more often than I did pre-covid but I keep coming out in a rash on my cheeks and chin. It's not like I'm a spotty teenager or anything (apologies if that upsets the sub-20s). It is driving me loopy!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's quite common apparently. You can't do much more than you're already doing I don't think. What do you use to wash your mask or do you use disposable ones? I wonder if you might be allergic to something

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I use Persil non bio for mine, no conditioner. I've had irritation from disposable ones, perhaps made to a slightly lower standard?

I soak them in alcohol hand sanitizer then put them in with my whites on a hot wash using my normal laundry liquid. I'm working on the theory that the hand gel kills any viruses (virii?) and the hot wash removes all the gel. It is a pain in the aaa cheeks and chin!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

What's in the hand sanitiser eg fragrances and having 70% alcohol in contact with your skin will strip out of the oils and leaves you prone to damaged skin. There is no need to use alcohol on the mask, just wash as normal.

Maybe I'm being a bit over the top with the gel, I just want to sure that I'm not recycling masks that aren't 'clean'

Thanks for all the input and reassurance on and off the forum, I guess I'm just going to have to put up with it

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

There are Mask Sanitising sprays available now, which you can use about 10-15 minutes before you need to use any mask.

These sprays are used on clean reusable masks but assist in keeping your mask clean, nor aggravating your skin.

Or reusable masks have been developed which have breathing valve filters built in, which allow you to breathe normally without getting hot and sweaty under the mask, nor if you wear glasses, they won't mist up!

The retail chain, SAVERS do a 7 layer washable and reusable Mask, with separate fibre filters you can insert into a pocket inside the mask. Some of their own staff use them and say they're pretty good.

By *g1231974Man  over a year ago

wetherby

I've been wearing them every day for the last four months and I look like an acne riddled teenager. Presume it's to do with the facial sweating

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Alcohol gel isn't even that effective against viruses, it's just better than nothing when hand washing isn't possible. So you can definitely skip that step .

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's normal, I'm getting it too x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maskne is a thing. But I would say you would be better to just wash your mask in hot soapy water and rinse well, that’s all I do with my sons. I wear disposable masks at work and we had some removed due to them containing latex. They made my skin red raw.

I am now allergic to the ones we are using at work too again my skin goes up in a rash and I get lumps all over my neck so attractive. But better than covid I suppose.

» Add a new message to this topic