FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Socials.....do you attend them or not????

Socials.....do you attend them or not????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes its Shefff social tonite and im looking forward to meeting ole n new friends,always a good time at Carol n Pauls Socials....went to my first one over a yr ago,nervous as hell but loved it id say its a great way of meeting other fabsters,no pressure,just a relaxed atomsphere.So my advice would be get along to the socials as i think its a great place to meet like minded peeps in a great atomsphere with no excpectations or pressure.And to all the nutters off to Sheff tonite.....see ya allllll laters

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup went to a south west one earlier in the year. Was very nervous but it was a blast. great company

Forum Mod

When we first started we went to some just to see what they were like,we have been to some really good ones and we have been to some REALLY bad ones

I wasn't allowed to attend the last one in Liverpool, apparently there was too many single males already attending

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Wish someone would organise one in London

By *landleeCouple  over a year ago

near hull

must say sheffield social is always a blast from the past so dont be nervous and dont let people put you off just come and see for yourself see ya soon party animals xxx _landlee

They are a blast, always something going on in Scotland, and always well attended

"Wish someone would organise one in London "

There is at least 1 at the paradise spa being held soon

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Got my name down for the Manchester social in September - looking forward to meeting loads of Fabsters

By *andS4funCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

We would love to go to a social.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

been to some great ones and had a fantastic time

also, to a few where the atmosphere has been shocking due to warring fractions giving evils to each other

still think a great way for new people to meet up with others and get to be known.

I love the socials, its a great way to meet some people.

A friend from here and I've organised a few ladies only socials and they've been a great laugh! Ms

I've attended two and had a great time on each occasion and met some fantastic people.

"Yes its Shefff social tonite and im looking forward to meeting ole n new friends,always a good time at Carol n Pauls Socials....went to my first one over a yr ago,nervous as hell but loved it id say its a great way of meeting other fabsters,no pressure,just a relaxed atomsphere.So my advice would be get along to the socials as i think its a great place to meet like minded peeps in a great atomsphere with no excpectations or pressure.And to all the nutters off to Sheff tonite.....see ya allllll laters "

But you never spoke to me

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a lot of hard work for the organisers, so a huge to them

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"a lot of hard work for the organisers, so a huge to them"

well said View

we have attended socials aswell as hosted them, they can be brilliant and a great way to meet new people,

Though tobe honest we dont bother him them anymore, we have limited spare time so tend to have some action at a club or meet than just a social, but always love the meet pub at a pub for a chat then of to club or house

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

i love the socials! have met some lovely people and renewed old friendships at them . also fabby to get the chance toget glammed up,have a flirt,laugh and let your hair down . gosh i really must get my arse to one as been far too long !!!!

also as said before a huge amount of thanks and respect to those who arrange such great nights . all their hard work is soo worth while and appriciated .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im only allowed out once a year or twice if im really good. Beach party and christmas party at chams

"Im only allowed out once a year or twice if im really good. Beach party and christmas party at chams"

Dont think we can make the beach party this year, I'm sad

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Im only allowed out once a year or twice if im really good. Beach party and christmas party at chams"

But you make it count x

Have been to some great socials and met some wonderful people there, they have bought me out of my shell as I am a bit shy sometimes

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

Been to a few that are held at Paradise Spa .... always a great atmosphere and love the chance to get dressed up.

Great to meet up with old friends and make new ones, big thanks to all that do the arranging it's a big job with little appreciation

yes...when a shags coming from it!

Forum Mod

"yes...when a shags coming from it!"

Or when you remember having a shag from it

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No, I'm so antisocial you would not believe it.

Norman

"yes...when a shags coming from it!

Or when you remember having a shag from it "

beeeeetch lol xxxxx

By *uckknowsMan  over a year ago

here

I havnt signed on for years I've been lucky really

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

have hosted and been to some fantastic socials...... for the most part they have been brilliant nights

with regards to mallys thing, I don't see why people have limits on single guys attending them, because in all the times I have attending them in the 5-6-7 yrs plus.. I have never been at an event where single guys have ever outnumbered women and couples without having to manipulate the numbers....

i think it is an "english socials" things.... the socials I have been to in scotland don't do it.... the socials I have been to in wales don't do it...

when guys realise that it is a social night where you talk to people instead of some sort of codeword for a mass orgy, a lot don't go anyway......

and I am not a fan of the "socials in clubs"thing because in it effect blurs the lines of what a true social in my eyes is... a vanilla enviroment where there isn't playing involved and you get to chat and talk to people without the pressure of playing.......

"have hosted and been to some fantastic socials...... for the most part they have been brilliant nights

with regards to mallys thing, I don't see why people have limits on single guys attending them, because in all the times I have attending them in the 5-6-7 yrs plus.. I have never been at an event where single guys have ever outnumbered women and couples without having to manipulate the numbers....

i think it is an "english socials" things.... the socials I have been to in scotland don't do it.... the socials I have been to in wales don't do it...

when guys realise that it is a social night where you talk to people instead of some sort of codeword for a mass orgy, a lot don't go anyway......

and I am not a fan of the "socials in clubs"thing because in it effect blurs the lines of what a true social in my eyes is... a vanilla enviroment where there isn't playing involved and you get to chat and talk to people without the pressure of playing......."

I remember taking a newish openmindedish vanilla gf to a swingsocial...she thought there was pressure cos ppl approached her and some were snogging lol

Never met a group social but I do love a socialable coffee.

I'd meet anyone for a coffee & a chat.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Heard good and bad about them, but we are a little on the shy side, so its a no from us.

"Im only allowed out once a year or twice if im really good. Beach party and christmas party at chams

But you make it count x

Have been to some great socials and met some wonderful people there, they have bought me out of my shell as I am a bit shy sometimes "

YOU AND SHY in the same sentence!!!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

They hold absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.

"They hold absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever."

Nor us !

I enjoyed them when I used to go as a single guy but it's not Siren's cup of tea as she won't do local ones in case she's recognised by non-swingers and we can't do long distance ones as we have younguns now. I miss them though.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Yes its Shefff social tonite and im looking forward to meeting ole n new friends,always a good time at Carol n Pauls Socials....went to my first one over a yr ago,nervous as hell but loved it id say its a great way of meeting other fabsters,no pressure,just a relaxed atomsphere.So my advice would be get along to the socials as i think its a great place to meet like minded peeps in a great atomsphere with no excpectations or pressure.And to all the nutters off to Sheff tonite.....see ya allllll laters

But you never spoke to me "

Yes and look where we are now..... xx

evesham

"Im only allowed out once a year or twice if im really good. Beach party and christmas party at chams

But you make it count x

Have been to some great socials and met some wonderful people there, they have bought me out of my shell as I am a bit shy sometimes

YOU AND SHY in the same sentence!!! "

i am shy!!!!!!

"Yup went to a south west one earlier in the year. Was very nervous but it was a blast. great company "

When's the next SW one??

"Yup went to a south west one earlier in the year. Was very nervous but it was a blast. great company

When's the next SW one??"

July 28th in Burnham on Sea

Any northern ones? Just Manchester? Never been to one.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I used to organise them in the South Devon area for a couple of years.....

Too busy now

I've been to one in Cardif and another in Bolton, both were a BLAST! I was going tonight in Shefield, but circumstances conspired against me..........

also, to a few where the atmosphere has been shocking due to warring fractions giving evils to each other

Which is exactly why I would never go to one.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Did them years ago on another site and to be honest I didn't get what all the fuss was about.... I am sure some people never had a normal social life and it was the only time they ever went out.

However, with the right motivation I may go to one this year.... there's one or two folk I'd like a chat with face to face.

"Did them years ago on another site and to be honest I didn't get what all the fuss was about.... I am sure some people never had a normal social life and it was the only time they ever went out.

However, with the right motivation I may go to one this year.... there's one or two folk I'd like a chat with face to face."

only if I'm spitroasting ya...and ur at least facing me...I hate talking behind peoples backs

"Got my name down for the Manchester social in September - looking forward to meeting loads of Fabsters "

can i fit in your hand bag????

I attend FAB socials whenever I can, usually the BBW events, as well as the Pussy Posse's Beach Party and Christmas do.

Not my thing.

i dont go to socials simply because i dont drive and theres never any close enough for me to get home from in the early hours

I would otherwise

As a single woman i have to put my safty first and im more likely to meet a guy i have sat and had a drink with at a social than a stranger off here

At least if you have already met you know you like each other so can skip the meet for a drink and chat as you have already done that and there isnt a risk of not liking each olther so going home empty handed as so to speak

Well Sheffield was a blast nice to meet up with friends from afar and meet new ones ......great nite...thanks Carol n Paul

There's always socails going on in Scotland and I'd quite like to attend one sometime, but cos I'm on my own would feel like a lamb walking into the lions den..if u know wot I mean lol !! X

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I attend FAB socials whenever I can, usually the BBW events, as well as the Pussy Posse's Beach Party and Christmas do.

"

To me, they are not socials if they are in a club.... a party, yes, but a social in my opinion should be a non-play environment.

I do when I get the time which is not very often but my time will come.

West

" I am sure some people never had a normal social life and it was the only time they ever went out.

"

You could be right there..some people here whole lives seem to revolve around a 14 inch square screen...

i have attended a few socials while being on here and I have always had a blast and great fun.

the people make a great difference and I would recommend it to anyone.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

we love to go to the single venue socials

but dont like the pub crawl type as you dont know who are the swingers and who is not

i like them both but im sure im a alchy in the making LOL

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes we go to socials , have always enjoyed them....great to put names to faces....and NN you do go to socials...ive seen you at a few now ya lil fibber!

No, far too shy and not worth my job.

"I attend FAB socials whenever I can, usually the BBW events, as well as the Pussy Posse's Beach Party and Christmas do.

To me, they are not socials if they are in a club.... a party, yes, but a social in my opinion should be a non-play environment.

"

I have attended pub socials too, and prefer going to clubs instead, especially if the club has a pool or a jacuzzi or two.

I have attended pub socials too, and prefer going to clubs instead, especially if the club has a pool or a jacuzzi or two. "

i have never been in a jacuzzi yet

[Removed by poster at 01/07/12 14:51:08]

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have attended pub socials too, and prefer going to clubs instead, especially if the club has a pool or a jacuzzi or two.

i have never been in a jacuzzi yet "

NOTED!

"There's always socails going on in Scotland and I'd quite like to attend one sometime, but cos I'm on my own would feel like a lamb walking into the lions den..if u know wot I mean lol !! X "

My first social was like that. I attended it on my own, knew only a few people from a house party and club I had been at, but it was great.

I was met at the door by someone and then taken round the room and introduced to everyone.

Don't feel left out because you're on your own ..... ring me I'll meet you at the door!

Socials are for the gregarious mixers who like to interact with others on a one on one basis and why not if people are going to one I like I may well go too. I often find the people who don’t go to them are poor at interacting in real life, lack confidence, have body image problems or don’t want to dent their own perceived on line persona's. I do find it odd though that there are limits on certain classes of swinger allowed to attend. I can understand when its aimed at a balance of singles and couples but have come across more than a few that keep single men to a minimum which often seems very unfair.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Got my name down for the Manchester social in September - looking forward to meeting loads of Fabsters

can i fit in your hand bag????"

You'd be surprised what I can fit in my handbag

"Socials are for the gregarious mixers who like to interact with others on a one on one basis and why not if people are going to one I like I may well go too. I often find the people who don’t go to them are poor at interacting in real life, lack confidence, have body image problems or don’t want to dent their own perceived on line persona's. I do find it odd though that there are limits on certain classes of swinger allowed to attend. I can understand when its aimed at a balance of singles and couples but have come across more than a few that keep single men to a minimum which often seems very unfair. "

Most of Scotland ones are first come first served. No segregating single guys, after all when they come onto the forums asking how best to get known they are told to go to a social, bit pointless if only five are allowed.

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

I'd love to go to one, cant think of a better way of meeting people... I just seem to miss them lol.

I've only been to the Bristol ones and a bdsm group in Gloucester; there is a social for swingers but I don't go and wouldn't want to in case there were people there I knew

I would like to but being a weekend father I always seem to not get the chance.

One day I will get chance I'm sure.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Have done a few times but selectively. Not fond of massive gatherings, prefer smaller socials if that makes sense?

"Have done a few times but selectively. Not fond of massive gatherings, prefer smaller socials if that makes sense? "

"I would like to but being a weekend father I always seem to not get the chance.

One day I will get chance I'm sure. "

We are holding our second social in Gorton, Manchester on 29th August - on a weekday. You're welcome to attend.

Lyn & Mike

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Socials are for the gregarious mixers who like to interact with others on a one on one basis and why not if people are going to one I like I may well go too. I often find the people who don’t go to them are poor at interacting in real life, lack confidence, have body image problems or don’t want to dent their own perceived on line persona's. I do find it odd though that there are limits on certain classes of swinger allowed to attend. I can understand when its aimed at a balance of singles and couples but have come across more than a few that keep single men to a minimum which often seems very unfair. "

which is why I said I found it weird... because it is only the english socials that do this... but the ones in scotland and wales don't and they are not over run by what some people seem to think is a "plauge of single men"

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

same here... which is partly the reason I haven't been to one... very uneasy about the lines being blurred... and I think they shoulc be classified differently so people know what to expect.....

they are two different things which I believe leads "some" people into different expectations.....

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

I love going to socials, and the thing that makes them so special, all you lovely fabsters, mwah, xxxxxxxx

There are no restrictions on our social - only that everybody respects everybody else - which is the main rule of swinging anyway

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"with regards to mallys thing, I don't see why people have limits on single guys attending them, because in all the times I have attending them in the 5-6-7 yrs plus.. I have never been at an event where single guys have ever outnumbered women and couples without having to manipulate the numbers...."

I've arranged loads of socials... on another site.. and a couple on here.

After these I never limit the number of single guys... After all ... The last one I organised 28 males from FAB asked for a space... then confirmed they def wanted the space ... then confirmed they were all coming after the details were sent...... 4 showed up!! ...

evesham

i have never been in a jacuzzi yet "

You likkle liar!!!!!

"with regards to mallys thing, I don't see why people have limits on single guys attending them, because in all the times I have attending them in the 5-6-7 yrs plus.. I have never been at an event where single guys have ever outnumbered women and couples without having to manipulate the numbers....

After these I never limit the number of single guys... After all ... The last one I organised 28 males from FAB asked for a space... then confirmed they def wanted the space ... then confirmed they were all coming after the details were sent...... 4 showed up!! ... "

We had 20+ said they were attending, three turned up to our social, we had refused quite a few others as we thought with the number of couples confirmed and the few single ladies who said they would attend, we didn't feel that a greater number of single blokes gave a good balance, we won't be making that mistake again

Next thing on my agenda but not sure which one yet. Which are the most fun to go to?

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

"with regards to mallys thing, I don't see why people have limits on single guys attending them, because in all the times I have attending them in the 5-6-7 yrs plus.. I have never been at an event where single guys have ever outnumbered women and couples without having to manipulate the numbers....

After these I never limit the number of single guys... After all ... The last one I organised 28 males from FAB asked for a space... then confirmed they def wanted the space ... then confirmed they were all coming after the details were sent...... 4 showed up!! ... "

and that's the sort of behaviour that makes an organisers life such a thankless task sometimes, people just don;t think about things fully, I think every social I have been to almost half have not turned up, but even worse, never even bothered to let the organisers know?????

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

never any local to us

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We had 20+ said they were attending, three turned up to our social, we had refused quite a few others as we thought with the number of couples confirmed and the few single ladies who said they would attend, we didn't feel that a greater number of single blokes gave a good balance, we won't be making that mistake again"

Exactly... I used to give a max of half the total spaces to single men..... But now I just keep adding them ... Only ever seem to have one or 2 cpls not turn up .... and I've yet to have a single fem not show at a social in over 3 years.

But the average turn up rate for the single men seems to be about 30%

West

"Socials are for the gregarious mixers who like to interact with others on a one on one basis and why not if people are going to one I like I may well go too. I often find the people who don’t go to them are poor at interacting in real life, lack confidence, have body image problems or don’t want to dent their own perceived on line persona's. I do find it odd though that there are limits on certain classes of swinger allowed to attend. "

Good post, and actually makes us feel better about not attending.

Not sure what you mean about 'poor at interacting in real life' though..do you mean plain 'shy'?...we are good talkers and good company...but we are a little shy sometimes. Image problems, yep definately...'not wanting to dent our perceived online personas' possibly after being called 'boring' and 'vanillas'...yes

'Certain classes or swingers allowed to attend'...we have also been told on a couple of occasions that we wouldn't be welcome at a social or we just wouldnt enjoy it as we dont 'swing' in the accepted sense..

We used to feel like 'stick in the muds' by not attending, but I feel better about it now..

"Socials are for the gregarious mixers who like to interact with others on a one on one basis and why not if people are going to one I like I may well go too. I often find the people who don’t go to them are poor at interacting in real life, lack confidence, have body image problems or don’t want to dent their own perceived on line persona's. I do find it odd though that there are limits on certain classes of swinger allowed to attend.

Good post, and actually makes us feel better about not attending.

Not sure what you mean about 'poor at interacting in real life' though..do you mean plain 'shy'?...we are good talkers and good company...but we are a little shy sometimes. Image problems, yep definately...'not wanting to dent our perceived online personas' possibly after being called 'boring' and 'vanillas'...yes

'Certain classes or swingers allowed to attend'...we have also been told on a couple of occasions that we wouldn't be welcome at a social or we just wouldnt enjoy it as we dont 'swing' in the accepted sense..

We used to feel like 'stick in the muds' by not attending, but I feel better about it now.."

People who are poor at interacting in real life are exactly that. They struggle to relax hold a conversation verbally and do not make others feel at ease. Not everyone can be the life and should of a party and if its a situation you don't feel comfortable in then there is no sin in choosing not to go to one.

» Add a new message to this topic