FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Adders extinct

Adders extinct

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently Adders may be extinct in a decade because pheasants and grouse bred for game shooting eat them.

I am shedding no tears on this one. Nature is cruel.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

A young lad walking in long grass in an area called “Lugg Flats”

Local to Hereford, this occurred this early summer of 2020...

Stepped on a nest of adders, got bitten multiple times so badly had his leg amputated..

This can be verified in local archives of Hereford Times

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A lot more than adders are on the soon to be extinct list. Adders are part of this world and like all other creatures are part of what makes this world. The grouse shoots are responsable for the killing of many birds of prey etc.

By *aastyKnixWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"A lot more than adders are on the soon to be extinct list. Adders are part of this world and like all other creatures are part of what makes this world. The grouse shoots are responsable for the killing of many birds of prey etc."

However much we may not wish to encounter certain creatures,they all have their place in the food chain. Adders may be one of our most terrifying predators but,would we be overwhelmed by mice without them? Mice are cute and non venomous but,uncontrollable millions of them? No thanks.

"A lot more than adders are on the soon to be extinct list. Adders are part of this world and like all other creatures are part of what makes this world. The grouse shoots are responsable for the killing of many birds of prey etc.

However much we may not wish to encounter certain creatures,they all have their place in the food chain. Adders may be one of our most terrifying predators but,would we be overwhelmed by mice without them? Mice are cute and non venomous but,uncontrollable millions of them? No thanks."

Haha...the thing is, adders are smart..they mostly slither the hell away quick when humans come stonking their way...a bite comes only from being startled or suprised. In all my time working in adder rich places I ve only ever seen 2

Statistics show more people killed by people driving using their mobile phone. Nature is amazing and a constant.

Extinction of species is a dire warning of our self obsessed lifestyles.

Still plenty of them up this way

I am petrified of snakes however it’s always sad to hear about threat of extinction especially if it is somewhat man made by over breeding, like you said OP, of grouse and game.

Liverpool

"A lot more than adders are on the soon to be extinct list. Adders are part of this world and like all other creatures are part of what makes this world. The grouse shoots are responsable for the killing of many birds of prey etc.

However much we may not wish to encounter certain creatures,they all have their place in the food chain. Adders may be one of our most terrifying predators but,would we be overwhelmed by mice without them? Mice are cute and non venomous but,uncontrollable millions of them? No thanks.

Haha...the thing is, adders are smart..they mostly slither the hell away quick when humans come stonking their way...a bite comes only from being startled or suprised. In all my time working in adder rich places I ve only ever seen 2 "

Unfortunately, the OP has a track record of hating on all sorts of creatures that,he seems to think,are out to get him. So far,he has mostly picked on sharks and crocodiles.Now he seems to have turned his malevolent eye towards another innocent creature just trying to get by in the world.

I wonder if he'll ever get round to hating dogs or people (or vending machines). All,statistically,far more deadly.

Plenty on the sand dunes down here. Have been known to kill the occasional small dog.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Apparently Adders may be extinct in a decade because pheasants and grouse bred for game shooting eat them.

"

I better not say what I think

I like adders theyre harmless, we get quite afew up here. We know where they tend to be on our farm land so just keep traffic to a minimum on those areas.

"Apparently Adders may be extinct in a decade because pheasants and grouse bred for game shooting eat them.

"

Where did you read this?

Also, it's not nature being cruel if it's a man made change the ecosystem.

Fake news, I saw one yesterday

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't want any animal or plant to become extinct. In America they're really cruel to rattle snakes in some areas apparently. They're living creatures.

"I don't want any animal or plant to become extinct. In America they're really cruel to rattle snakes in some areas apparently. They're living creatures. "

I agree with this.

"

It’s not really nature is it?

It’s another example of humans fucking with nature and making another species extinct. What right do we have?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't want any animal or plant to become extinct. In America they're really cruel to rattle snakes in some areas apparently. They're living creatures.

I agree with this."

It's interesting how people are less inclined to be humane towards snakes and other less attractive creatures. A friend of mine who is very vociferous about animal welfare told me how her husband collects slugs in a bucket and drowns them . I don't understand it

"I don't want any animal or plant to become extinct. In America they're really cruel to rattle snakes in some areas apparently. They're living creatures.

I agree with this.

It's interesting how people are less inclined to be humane towards snakes and other less attractive creatures. A friend of mine who is very vociferous about animal welfare told me how her husband collects slugs in a bucket and drowns them . I don't understand it"

Maybe its cultural.

For some reason some species are seen are pests and/or okay to kill and others are seen as companions or cute and worthy of not killing.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I agree with this.

It's interesting how people are less inclined to be humane towards snakes and other less attractive creatures. A friend of mine who is very vociferous about animal welfare told me how her husband collects slugs in a bucket and drowns them . I don't understand it

Maybe its cultural.

For some reason some species are seen are pests and/or okay to kill and others are seen as companions or cute and worthy of not killing."

Yes I think you might be right.

I love birds or prey especially red kites and buzzards but they're frequently trapped and killed as vermin. Also revealing myself as a hypocrite here, if I had rats in my house I'd get the pest control people in

Been a lot of reported adder bites down here in Devon this year

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't want any animal or plant to become extinct. In America they're really cruel to rattle snakes in some areas apparently. They're living creatures. "

Indeed.

They're all part of the environment and it all works together. Not liking something is not a good reason to want to obliterate it.

The real predators and pests on this earth are people, really.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"

Not far from you, on the grass banks of the sea wall at St Osyth and near Goldhanger, squares of roofing felt placed every few metres, something to do with Adder research or conservation. Horrible fuckers!

Given that grouse and pheasant shooting areas only make up a relatively small part of our countryside I think it unlikely that single handedly they would cause the adder to go extinct - also, being wiped out in the UK isn't the same as extinct...

I love all our wild creatures even if they can be harmful on rare occasions. My dad was bitten by an adder playing hide and seek with us as kids, the pain/numbness didn't last long. I've seen a few but they're very secretive, seen more grass snakes, one of which made me jump when it slithered onto my lap as I sat on a little bridge over a stream chatting on the phone

Indeed.

They're all part of the environment and it all works together. Not liking something is not a good reason to want to obliterate it.

The real predators and pests on this earth are people, really."

pretty much this.

Its seems to be an almost modern failing of mankind. Everything we deem to be a marginal threat, must be destroyed or removed. That includes people!

Lets face it, we are at the top of the tree.As such we have a moral responsibility to act in a way that preserves all life, and manage our interactions responsibility.

Maybe a long time ago we had justification for such fear of wild creatures. Other than isolated cases which get grossly over reported, our biggest fears and threats are all self imposed.

Most Adders are warming themselves in the sun and remain indifferent unless trodden on or surprised which may cause a defensive reaction.

Chelmsford

I don't know if it's true but I read that there are no poisonous snakes or any snakes in Ireland.. the patron Saint banished them

. I wish St Patrick was our patron saint.. I hate the thought of being bitten by a poisoning snake.. Dangerous buggers..

"I don't know if it's true but I read that there are no poisonous snakes or any snakes in Ireland.. the patron Saint banished them

. I wish St Patrick was our patron saint.. I hate the thought of being bitten by a poisoning snake.. Dangerous buggers.."

He did!

Ecological terrorist that he was.

Chelmsford

They scare me..

I agree with this.

Maybe its cultural.

For some reason some species are seen are pests and/or okay to kill and others are seen as companions or cute and worthy of not killing.

I love birds or prey especially red kites and buzzards but they're frequently trapped and killed as vermin. Also revealing myself as a hypocrite here, if I had rats in my house I'd get the pest control people in "

These species aren't pests and are actually protected by law, unfortunately so are game keepers and land owners, so protected species get killed without retribution.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't know if it's true but I read that there are no poisonous snakes or any snakes in Ireland.. the patron Saint banished them

. I wish St Patrick was our patron saint.. I hate the thought of being bitten by a poisoning snake.. Dangerous buggers.."

I grew up in Sydney, which is home to both types of venomous spider in Australia and a whole bunch of other things you don't want to have chow down on you.

No one wants to be bitten.

If you leave it alone, it'll leave you alone.

We have inside toilets now. No nocturnal hoping there's no spider or snake in the dunny

"

This isn't nature, Pheasants aren't endemic to the UK they're an introduced species, but it's the equivalent of releasing over a million chicken into the ecosystem and expecting them to have no impact on biodiversity.

when confronted by something like a snake man has two options.

get away from it or kill it.

cant say im happy about being around snakes. but one time when i was abroad we were told to be careful when putting on shoes because of scorpions.

Chelmsford

I agree with this.

Maybe its cultural.

I love birds or prey especially red kites and buzzards but they're frequently trapped and killed as vermin. Also revealing myself as a hypocrite here, if I had rats in my house I'd get the pest control people in

These species aren't pests and are actually protected by law, unfortunately so are game keepers and land owners, so protected species get killed without retribution. "

It's nature and pheasants and game birds need to survive.. nature is cruel but often there are benefits.. I am scared of snakes and being bitten on country paths and let's not forget the vulnerable being bitten and poisoned by these snakes of death

Manchester (she/her)

"when confronted by something like a snake man has two options.

cant say im happy about being around snakes. but one time when i was abroad we were told to be careful when putting on shoes because of scorpions.

"

Yeah don't leave shoes outside. Snakes/ spiders

Chelmsford

Yeah don't leave shoes outside. Snakes/ spiders "

I never leave shoes on the floor for this reason

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

How ironic that adders will be taken away......

"

Also regarding grouse, this is bigger than the terrible impact on our native biodiversity. The intensive way Grouse Moors are managed means cutting and burning Heather, draining bogs removing peat. This means when it rains the Moors have no natural sponge effect and water just inundates streams and rivers flooding homes.

The flood in your home can be traced back to the fact a few wealthy toffs want to shoot grouse and don't care about anything else.

Chelmsford

"How ironic that adders will be taken away...... "

Ironic but bloomin safer for everyone..

They are a poisoning animal.. one bite could kill...

Chelmsford

Also regarding grouse, this is bigger than the terrible impact on our native biodiversity. The intensive way Grouse Moors are managed means cutting and burning Heather, draining bogs removing peat. This means when it rains the Moors have no natural sponge effect and water just inundates streams and rivers flooding homes.

The flood in your home can be traced back to the fact a few wealthy toffs want to shoot grouse and don't care about anything else. "

Moral of the story.. build houses on hills and not flood plains

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It would be a tragedy if they were to become extinct, as it's being driven by human desire to hunt for the birds that are released in thousands, many of them straying away from the hunting patches. The birds may as well be a non-native invasive species, as they're not coming from wild broods.

Worse still, the birds are raised and released to be killed themselves, whilst also killing our wildlife. All for the pleasure of some who want to kill animals

Chelmsford

"It would be a tragedy if they were to become extinct, as it's being driven by human desire to hunt for the birds that are released in thousands, many of them straying away from the hunting patches. The birds may as well be a non-native invasive species, as they're not coming from wild broods.

Worse still, the birds are raised and released to be killed themselves, whilst also killing our wildlife. All for the pleasure of some who want to kill animals "

To be fair.. most are eaten..

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

We get adder'S at the bottom of the lower garden basking in the sun.

Have now put in a second fence so the dog's don't get to close and leave them be.....

The flood in your home can be traced back to the fact a few wealthy toffs want to shoot grouse and don't care about anything else.

Moral of the story.. build houses on hills and not flood plains "

Erm OK, everyone can live on a hill, so you've solved it.

"

I've never seen one

"

I am, they're beautiful animals and there's an argument to make that they are part of the early cultural and artistic history of much of the British Isles.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

I never leave shoes on the floor for this reason "

Its the black mamba,s you have to watch out for saw a programme on them in Australia their venom is extremely toxic.

Indeed.

The real predators and pests on this earth are people, really."

It’s because he was d*unk on famous grouse

Snakes just slithered away from him.

Building on ancient flood plains, new 'Riverside' apartments & all the concrete structures that man builds on & around the rivers is whats causing the floods, not the management of grouse moors.

And as for grouse being reared....they are wild birds & not reared at all. Also loads of pheasants round here & also loads of adders too

Chelmsford

I am glad I live in an area with few adders.. but when I walk I make as much noise as possible to scare the buggers.. I have not been bitten yet but live in fear of it.. it's best to wear sturdy boots with trousers tucked in..

There can be leeches and ticks but adders are the most fearsome.. they lay in wait ready to strike.. my advice.. never wear flip flops..

"I am glad I live in an area with few adders.. but when I walk I make as much noise as possible to scare the buggers.. I have not been bitten yet but live in fear of it.. it's best to wear sturdy boots with trousers tucked in..

There can be leeches and ticks but adders are the most fearsome.. they lay in wait ready to strike.. my advice.. never wear flip flops.. "

Loads of dogs round our area get bitten by them every summer

I never leave shoes on the floor for this reason Its the black mamba,s you have to watch out for saw a programme on them in Australia their venom is extremely toxic."

Black mambas live in Africa. That's nearly as bad as the OP's recent rant the other week about 'salt water Nile crocs'

Hastings

"I am glad I live in an area with few adders.. but when I walk I make as much noise as possible to scare the buggers.. I have not been bitten yet but live in fear of it.. it's best to wear sturdy boots with trousers tucked in..

There can be leeches and ticks but adders are the most fearsome.. they lay in wait ready to strike.. my advice.. never wear flip flops..

Loads of dogs round our area get bitten by them every summer"

Yer they like to bask in the sun on foot paths and in open areas and a dog finger them hence a fence let them and us excist but at a distance. Have now started a compost heap away from us.

Central

"Building on ancient flood plains, new 'Riverside' apartments & all the concrete structures that man builds on & around the rivers is whats causing the floods, not the management of grouse moors.

And as for grouse being reared....they are wild birds & not reared at all. Also loads of pheasants round here & also loads of adders too"

Research has shown that they are being hit incredibly hard by birds that are being released for hunting. Naturally relative populations of different species fluctuate, often in cycles. When humans step in releasing thousands of birds, it's not natural and a lot of our wildlife is vulnerable, due to severe declines in their numbers over decades.

As others have been saying, humans are the problem. The rich genetic diversity being lost here is an absolute tragedy and disgrace, if we make it happen.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

I never leave shoes on the floor for this reason Its the black mamba,s you have to watch out for saw a programme on them in Africa their venom is extremely toxic."

Chelmsford

I am no fan of poisoning snakes.. or the boa constrictors ..

I will not shed a year..

Streets safer without them ..

"I am no fan of poisoning snakes.. or the boa constrictors ..

I will not shed a year..

Streets safer without them ..

"

I think you mean venomous?

I can be honest. I've never seen an adder.

But I'd love to see one. Lovely creatures.

Most dangerous thing on the planet is humans. Destroy without any thought or concern.

By *ingmaster1Man  over a year ago

coulsdon

please leave them alone they have a role to play

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

This is why I love the new forest, we are surrounded by lots of pheasant and partridge shoots and yet our adder, sand lizard, birds of prey population is thriving because we are in a national park

Chelmsford

"A young lad walking in long grass in an area called “Lugg Flats”

Stepped on a nest of adders, got bitten multiple times so badly had his leg amputated..

This can be verified in local archives of Hereford Times "

I looked for this article and I found a story were a pet dog died from a poisonous bite from a Hereford adder ..

Poor dog was just getti g some exercise... No need for a cruel attack like that..

Plenty of them on the downs and golf course near my house. Spotted regularly

It’s not really nature is it?

It’s another example of humans fucking with nature and making another species extinct. What right do we have?"

This.

Every thing has a place and a purpose, each creature no matter how tiny adds to the balance.

Problems start when you add creatures not native to an area

Like humans, we need to understand that the earth is not ours to do as we wish, we're all just visitors.

Adders are more frightened of you, than you are of them, leave them alone, they’re only trying to Go about their day. It’s called nature, we live on a rock floating in space, they have every right to be here as we do, we are just a species of animal same as them, they’re higher things to be concerned about. I’ve seen one adder in my life in the wild and I live in the country. It’s the other humans that concern me.

Chelmsford

I play golf and if I hit a ball in the bushes or long grass I never ever look for it just in case.. there are snakes and ticks.. it's just not worth it

Haha...the thing is, adders are smart..they mostly slither the hell away quick when humans come stonking their way...a bite comes only from being startled or suprised. In all my time working in adder rich places I ve only ever seen 2

Unfortunately, the OP has a track record of hating on all sorts of creatures that,he seems to think,are out to get him. So far,he has mostly picked on sharks and crocodiles.Now he seems to have turned his malevolent eye towards another innocent creature just trying to get by in the world.

I wonder if he'll ever get round to hating dogs or people (or vending machines). All,statistically,far more deadly."

While an adder bite can be painful and cause localised swelling, it's very rarely fatal. Maybe if you're very old or young or suffer from anaphylaxis... No one has died of an adder bite in over 20 years

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"A young lad walking in long grass in an area called “Lugg Flats”

This can be verified in local archives of Hereford Times "

Bloody hell. Poor lad!

"I play golf and if I hit a ball in the bushes or long grass I never ever look for it just in case.. there are snakes and ticks.. it's just not worth it "

What about flying golf balls, they’re far more dangerous a species ?!

In our blind vanity we talk about the climate crisis ending the world. It won't. The planet, in some form or another, will continue to exist and be inhabited.

Without any humans.

And we have no one to blame but ourselves.

"In our blind vanity we talk about the climate crisis ending the world. It won't. The planet, in some form or another, will continue to exist and be inhabited.

Without any humans.

And we have no one to blame but ourselves."

Exactly, they say we need to save the planet, the planet will be fine, it’s us who’s fucked

Central

Any single animal like the adder that we make extinct is a true source of shame.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

The European viper, commonly known in the UK as an Adder is not nearing extinction. It is very common access Europe and Asia.They are also mostly harmless but with a painful bite which is venomous, but unlikely to cause death unless due to an allergic reaction.

Most Adder bites are to dogs.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

plenty rou.d this way.council shut one of the open spaces round here this summer so they wernt disturbed

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan  over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

Plenty of adders around my area and we don’t have grouse shooting and that goes for many other areas so this would surprise me.

Chelmsford

Are there and breeds of dogs specifically bread to hunt snakes ?

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/animals/reptiles-and-amphibians/adder/

Here's some good information. Tom you'll be pleased to note that "human" is not on the list of things that adders eat.

Chelmsford

I am frightened of being bitten not eaten...

"I am frightened of being bitten not eaten...

"

Good news. There are about 100 adder bites per year in the UK.

That gives you about.

1 in 666,650,000 chance of being bitten.

And yet more good news. The symptoms are:

pain, redness and swelling in the area of the bite

nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting

dizziness and fainting

Nothing life threatening.

https://www.safeandsound.uk.net/what-do-you-do-if-you-are-bitten-by-an-adder-in-the-uk/#:~:text=According%20the%20NHS%20website%20about,of%20bites%20peaking%20during%20July.

Chelmsford

That gives you about.

dizziness and fainting

https://www.safeandsound.uk.net/what-do-you-do-if-you-are-bitten-by-an-adder-in-the-uk/#:~:text=According%20the%20NHS%20website%20about,of%20bites%20peaking%20during%20July.

"

Well that's just a headline figure and dodgey stats to be fair

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Adders lives matter ??

That gives you about.

dizziness and fainting

Well that's just a headline figure and dodgey stats to be fair"

Trying looking on the positive side.

Don't be so negative. This is some good news.

Haha...the thing is, adders are smart..they mostly slither the hell away quick when humans come stonking their way...a bite comes only from being startled or suprised. In all my time working in adder rich places I ve only ever seen 2 "

How true i lived in Australia for many years working outside among the deadliest snakes in the world, i didn't bother them and they didn't bother me.

"Are there and breeds of dogs specifically bread to hunt snakes ?"

Is everything okay ?

"Are there and breeds of dogs specifically bread to hunt snakes ?

Is everything okay ?"

You mean you haven't heard of the Essex Snake Wars?

Is everything okay ?

You mean you haven't heard of the Essex Snake Wars?"

Is it like whacking day from the Simpsons?

Is everything okay ?

You mean you haven't heard of the Essex Snake Wars?"

Well yeah, who hasn’t, it’s massive and very much on the rise, I hope they manage to get on top of it and control it someday.

Manchester (she/her)

Haha...the thing is, adders are smart..they mostly slither the hell away quick when humans come stonking their way...a bite comes only from being startled or suprised. In all my time working in adder rich places I ve only ever seen 2 How true i lived in Australia for many years working outside among the deadliest snakes in the world, i didn't bother them and they didn't bother me. "

I lived in Australia for the first 20 odd years of my life and yeah... Not a big deal.

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Seeing as both grouse and pheasants, along with all birds in this country (with the exception of birds of prey) feed on insects, grubs, grass etc, or carrion (in the case of corvids [crows, magpies etc]) ..... B*llsh1t!!

Plus, have you any idea of the size of a grouse? Have to be a bloody big one to eat an adder!

Hastings

"Seeing as both grouse and pheasants, along with all birds in this country (with the exception of birds of prey) feed on insects, grubs, grass etc, or carrion (in the case of corvids [crows, magpies etc]) ..... B*llsh1t!!

Plus, have you any idea of the size of a grouse? Have to be a bloody big one to eat an adder! "

I did think that it's more likely to be down to the rise in Red Kite

Chelmsford

Think it's the pheasants that are the main threat..

Beautiful plumage...

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I do worry about you sometimes Tom.

You often seem to be irrationally scared of things that are very unlikely to happen and to hate any creature that isn't cute and friendly.

Chelmsford

"I do worry about you sometimes Tom.

You often seem to be irrationally scared of things that are very unlikely to happen and to hate any creature that isn't cute and friendly. "

Don't worry about me..

I am fine thank you very much...

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I do worry about you sometimes Tom.

You often seem to be irrationally scared of things that are very unlikely to happen and to hate any creature that isn't cute and friendly.

Don't worry about me..

I am fine thank you very much..."

That's good to hear

Chelmsford

I am repeating what was in the news.. these poison serpents could be driven from our island in 12 years ...

Pheasants and Grouse are their enemy..

"I am repeating what was in the news.. these poison serpents could be driven from our island in 12 years ...

"

Where do you get your news from?

Chelmsford

"I am repeating what was in the news.. these poison serpents could be driven from our island in 12 years ...

Where do you get your news from?"

Eeer The News ...

Hastings

"

Is it not more likely the people breading the Pheasants and Grouse are their enemy..

So the snakes don't do harm to the birds.... even an owl would not take on an Adder

Loads of adders where live in the SW, literally trip over the baby ones out walking on sunny days

Hastings

I apologise OP THIS IS from the guardian

Pheasants kill reptiles including adders on sight, pecking at adults and swallowing young snakes whole. Although the adders are venomous, they stand little chance in any encounter as their bites cannot penetrate the birds'

Chelmsford

Nature is complex..

What I do know is that I don't fear pheasants but I fear poisoning snakes.. their fangs are sharp and inject poison into the unsespecting victim..

They don't even eat them.. they scurry away like the cowards they are..

Like a fox in a henhouse...

Evil serpents..

Ireland are free and why not us

FREE THE ADDERS!

"Nature is complex..

What I do know is that I don't fear pheasants but I fear poisoning snakes.. their fangs are sharp and inject poison into the unsespecting victim..

Evil serpents..

Ireland are free and why not us"

My best friend has been bitten by an adder and we know of a few other people ... won't kill you unless you are already ill, are old or very young Tom

Chelmsford

"Nature is complex..

Evil serpents..

My best friend has been bitten by an adder and we know of a few other people ... won't kill you unless you are already ill, are old or very young Tom "

Well that's ok then.. why sacrifice our pets and the young or the old..

"Nature is complex..

Evil serpents..

My best friend has been bitten by an adder and we know of a few other people ... won't kill you unless you are already ill, are old or very young Tom

Well that's ok then.. why sacrifice our pets and the young or the old.. "

It's very rare ... people are capable of being evil adders aren't! I feel you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Doubt seriously if you've actually been near an adder ... leave them alone as they will (& do) leave you alone - just be happy and love!

Chelmsford

I won't go near one...

Evil buggers

I’ll be extinct

"I won't go near one...

Evil buggers"

Meh, they're just being themselves and Adderng their way through life as they were programmed.

I think it's cool we have snakes her tbh.

Hastings

"Nature is complex..

Evil serpents..

Well that's ok then.. why sacrifice our pets and the young or the old.. "

So would you fear a lot of Pheasants pecking you to protect there young on the hole I see them a lot but like I read have put up a fence to keep the dog's away form under growth and started a compost heaps to try and attract the adders deeper in to the scrub land we back on to

We can all live on this planet just need to work towards a state's quo.....

"Nature is complex..

Evil serpents..

Ireland are free and why not us"

Maybe try some positivity.

Too negative.

Hastings

"I won't go near one...

Evil buggers"

I would not advise any one go near one.

But I would not want to be in a field with a bull eather....

Or in a loft with a wasp nest for that matter.....

Chelmsford

I suppose it's nature..

Pheasants a lovely bird but not kind on your number plate if you hit one

By *elsh_naturist_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Newport

"

Get your facts straight first before trying to create controversy.

Grouse and pheasant do not eat snake's nor their eggs!

I've never heard such rubbish!

Chelmsford

Alternatively read the article online that the Guardian published 4 days agoabout the issue... Gees I don't make this shit up...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Get your facts straight first before trying to create controversy.

Grouse and pheasant do not eat snake's nor their eggs!

I've never heard such rubbish!"

Pheasants eat young adders. Incidentally adders give birth to live young, they don't lay eggs.

Liverpool

Just you wait until the birds realise that they can pick up the snakes and drop them on us when we least suspect. Then the tables will be turned,who will be facing extinction then?

» Add a new message to this topic