FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who remembers

Who remembers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Smash Hits magazine!! You know, the one with the lyrics printed, the middle page poster! The one with all the neat facts about everything "chart music"?!!

Don't even get me started on Spangles or Texan Bars!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

"Smash Hits magazine!! You know, the one with the lyrics printed, the middle page poster! The one with all the neat facts about everything "chart music"?!!

Don't even get me started on Spangles or Texan Bars!! "

I remember them good old days

"Smash Hits magazine!! You know, the one with the lyrics printed, the middle page poster! The one with all the neat facts about everything "chart music"?!!

I remember them good old days "

Taping the top 40 on a tape recorder, trying to pause it before the DJ spoke!!

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Taping the top 40 on a tape recorder, trying to pause it before the DJ spoke!! "

We all did that lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

LOVED Smash hits ... brilliant music magazine... essential part of life ....and yes ..the Texan bar ..loved them too ....." Time sure goes slow when you're chewing a Texan "

Taping the top 40 on a tape recorder, trying to pause it before the DJ spoke!! "

Absolutely I remember Smash Hits! And I used to tape the top 40 and Top of the Pops from the telly.... nobody was permitted in the room with me whilst I was recording.

Her x

By *eavertrackerMan  over a year ago

Derby

Always listened to the top 40, it was an essential part of the week, and omg top of the pops, it was the talk of the school for the whole week

I dare not mention the school books covered in plain wallpaper and then I (heart) Bros, or spandau ballet and then all the lyrics written on the outside lol.

I feel fucking ancient today!!!

By *omino51Man  over a year ago

loughborough

Brought a jukebox last year to play my 45's . I know we shoulf embrace the 2020's but im so glad i was born in the 60's i feel we had far better childhoods than todays kids. I know the younger ones will disagree with me, but i feel we were able to take more risks and enjoy ourselves then. Seems like life nowadays is just rules and regulations. Sorry for being a grumpy oldman. But as Frank says i prefer "my way" x

Was there a magazine like Smash Hits called Number One?

By *urvyKattWoman  over a year ago

Dumfriesshire

I used to get Flexi Disc magazine, I got some cracking free discs from them. I still have them all in the bottom of the bedroom cupboard with all my vinyl

"I used to get Flexi Disc magazine, I got some cracking free discs from them. I still have them all in the bottom of the bedroom cupboard with all my vinyl "

Omg collectors items!! xx

» Add a new message to this topic