FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab vs dating apps

Fab vs dating apps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's always a lot of agg on here about women not replying to messages. I get that it's frustrating but it makes me wonder. Do the people who complain about this and also use dating apps obsess over every single person they swipe that doesn't swipe them back? Do they keep a list or something and get more bitter about by the day?

Maybe the difference is in the not knowing whether the person you like has rejected you or not. In which case it might be a good idea to delete sent messages so it doesn't get to you.

And if you're about to reply that you get far more success on dating apps maybe you should think about how your approach differs from here

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rouble1998Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

In my experience, the people who complain about not getting any replies, are the people with blank profiles and no veris who just expect you to drop any other plans to meet them.

Unrealistic expectations and entitlement maybe?

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Perhaps it’s the effort versus return?

On a dating app, once you’ve done your profile it’s just a matter of swiping whereas on here it takes time to read a profile, write a meaningful and interesting message and then still see nothing back from it.

But who knows - we’re all different and get more or less wound up by things

By *lack in LondonMan  over a year ago

London

"Perhaps it’s the effort versus return?

On a dating app, once you’ve done your profile it’s just a matter of swiping whereas on here it takes time to read a profile, write a meaningful and interesting message and then still see nothing back from it.

But who knows - we’re all different and get more or less wound up by things"

Hey guys! New to the forum

I agree with the above, I think it's the effort (some of us make) and the minimal responses in return. Although I think a large number of guys probably think that being on a swinging site means you're absolutely gagging for it so can't understand why you'd say no lol

But I don't get the expectation that there is on people to reply? I usually do if I can see someone has gone to a lot of effort but sometimes I do delete/ignore. I don't get a lot of messages tbh but a lot of the ones I do get quite frankly are not worth my time or attention. That's not me being arrogant, just a reflection on the contents of most messages and/or the profiles that sent them. If it's not considered rude to not match with someone on tinder I don't get why it's the end of the world that I don't say "hey" back to someone, or in most cases, agree to drop everything at a moment's notice and go over to a complete stranger's house to gag on their dick or whatever.

By *icearmsMan  over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

it always amazes me the number of people from fab that I see on dating apps. They'll chat on there but not on fab.. i guess its a different approach on dating apps than it is on here!

Nowts a strange as folk

By *ive Bar Beauty QueenWoman  over a year ago

Stoke

Its most of the same people on both I have found though looking for different things on both.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree with the above, I think it's the effort (some of us make) and the minimal responses in return. Although I think a large number of guys probably think that being on a swinging site means you're absolutely gagging for it so can't understand why you'd say no lol"

Yeah they think they are doing us a favour by offering to shag us. We are desperate for a shag because we are on here.

By *obulaterMan  over a year ago

macclesfield

Just be polite is my motto

"it always amazes me the number of people from fab that I see on dating apps. They'll chat on there but not on fab.. i guess its a different approach on dating apps than it is on here!

Nowts a strange as folk"

Perhaps the ratio difference gets to them. On dating sites there are usually many women searching for few men. They get no replies or messages. So when they do get a message they do chat.

Let's be honest ,99% of men use dating apps (despite their romantic titles,'eharmony' for example) exactly the same as this site:

For quick easy sex and to concoct a suitable tale of woe after they've had their jump so as to find that next 'special lady'.

By *obulaterMan  over a year ago

macclesfield

Not all of us, tbh I've come off dating sites but i see your point

"Let's be honest ,99% of men use dating apps (despite their romantic titles,'eharmony' for example) exactly the same as this site:

For quick easy sex and to concoct a suitable tale of woe after they've had their jump so as to find that next 'special lady'."

Speak for yourself not others

"Let's be honest ,99% of men use dating apps (despite their romantic titles,'eharmony' for example) exactly the same as this site:

For quick easy sex and to concoct a suitable tale of woe after they've had their jump so as to find that next 'special lady'."

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

As someone that tries to answer every message it can be a bit annoying to get the 'fancy meeting tonight' messages especially through lockdown. I've found I've become a lot more blunt answering some people.

Otherwise I try to answer the same as I would anyone face to face.

I can't seem to find a dating app I get on with. So many times you start talking to people and then being honest mention D/s and a lot don't know how to take it. But in my opinion if they don't then they are not for me.

I'll be a crazy old witchy lady with and different kind of magic wand

This is a great post.

I think if sent messages suddenly disappeared one day, so would most of the complaining of no replies.

KIDLINGTON

"This is a great post.

I think if sent messages suddenly disappeared one day, so would most of the complaining of no replies. "

I don’t personally look at the sent messages part. As I'll either get a reply or I wont so not an issue if it went.

KIDLINGTON

"it always amazes me the number of people from fab that I see on dating apps. They'll chat on there but not on fab.. i guess its a different approach on dating apps than it is on here!

Nowts a strange as folk

Perhaps the ratio difference gets to them. On dating sites there are usually many women searching for few men. They get no replies or messages. So when they do get a message they do chat. "

Do you really think the ratio is that much different on a dating app compared to here?

For quick easy sex and to concoct a suitable tale of woe after they've had their jump so as to find that next 'special lady'.

Speak for yourself not others"

Answer for yourself not others.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I rarely reply to any of my social apps because of the quantity of generic messages I get on both. But on fab, the perversion is off the scale sometimes, with no face and abstracted photos, I'm less likely to reply compared to on a normal dating site. Think I prefer to find a suitable person, wink at them to see if they message back. Otherwise 1 in 1000 men gets a reply from me.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Its most of the same people on both I have found though looking for different things on both. "

Absolutely but I am clear on my dating profile that I’m looking for a relationship however that doesn’t stop the chancers contacting me

I do wonder why people match then don’t chat on these sites, is it just to boost their ego as a certain number of people like them?

By *heslimoneMan  over a year ago

Deeside

Answer for yourself not others."

Agreed, such a pulled out of the ass figure only serves to tarnish decent guys of which there are plenty, it would be easy for me to say that 99% of women use dating apps for an ego boost and say they want a nice guy only to skip every decent thought out message unless it's from Tom Hardy but that wouldn't be true either.

Online dating be it for a relationship or just fun is an exasperating experience for many average people for many different reasons, i put in plenty of effort and just get radio silence all too often but don't complain about it, just shrug and move on because i know my worth and i suspect the majority of people do. It's my belief that all these complainers are actually, like so many cases, a vocal minority.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm on multiple sites, looking for the same thing on all of them. I remain mystified as to why I do so much better on one particular one rather that any of the others.

KIDLINGTON

"Its most of the same people on both I have found though looking for different things on both.

Absolutely but I am clear on my dating profile that I’m looking for a relationship however that doesn’t stop the chancers contacting me

I do wonder why people match then don’t chat on these sites, is it just to boost their ego as a certain number of people like them?

"

So a question to this..and it does depend on the app used. But ladies if you match do you wait for the guy to message first or drop them a line to say hi etc?

Agreed, such a pulled out of the ass figure only serves to tarnish decent guys of which there are plenty, it would be easy for me to say that 99% of women use dating apps for an ego boost and say they want a nice guy only to skip every decent thought out message unless it's from Tom Hardy but that wouldn't be true either.

Online dating be it for a relationship or just fun is an exasperating experience for many average people for many different reasons, i put in plenty of effort and just get radio silence all too often but don't complain about it, just shrug and move on because i know my worth and i suspect the majority of people do. It's my belief that all these complainers are actually, like so many cases, a vocal minority. "

People who aren’t getting their own way on here do tend to make sweeping generalisations.

It’s really bitter.

Can some one massage me other dating apps or swinging sites please

Any good one out there

Also looking to get some feed back on my profile what should I add and what should I take out

Looking for feed back from both girls and men or couples

Online dating be it for a relationship or just fun is an exasperating experience for many average people for many different reasons, i put in plenty of effort and just get radio silence all too often but don't complain about it, just shrug and move on because i know my worth and i suspect the majority of people do. It's my belief that all these complainers are actually, like so many cases, a vocal minority. "

I am sure there are a fair few decent guys on dating apps but tbf I agree with the fact that 99% of the guys I've spoken to end up just wanting sex, or worse, pretend to want something more just so that they can get sex. The other 1% that genuinely do want to date end up being too sexually sheltered compared to men on here. If I'd never heard of fab then maybe I'd be dating someone more vanilla right now, idk. But I tend to intimidate a lot of "normal" men due to my open mindedness and experience. It's a shame there's not a dating version of this site

"Can some one massage me other dating apps or swinging sites please

Any good one out there

Also looking to get some feed back on my profile what should I add and what should I take out

Looking for feed back from both girls and men or couples "

It's not considered good fab etiquette to hijack someone's thread. Please post profile help requests in the support and advice section.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Any good one out there

It’s against forum rules to hijack a thread!

By *ance1502Man  over a year ago

London

This is exactly it. I'll read someone's bio to understand them a little and check for compatibility and reply based on their bio so they can see I've taken the time to read it and I'll still get no reply. I feel we as men have to put in a lot of attention just to get a response from someone.

By *reamblueMan  over a year ago

London

I started my own dating website a few years ago which kept the same number of men to women to address the opposite issues of too many messages for the women and too much competition for the men.

Leeds

"There's always a lot of agg on here about women not replying to messages. I get that it's frustrating but it makes me wonder. Do the people who complain about this and also use dating apps obsess over every single person they swipe that doesn't swipe them back? Do they keep a list or something and get more bitter about by the day?

Maybe the difference is in the not knowing whether the person you like has rejected you or not. In which case it might be a good idea to delete sent messages so it doesn't get to you.

And if you're about to reply that you get far more success on dating apps maybe you should think about how your approach differs from here "

Before I blocked men from messaging me I was getting 2 messages a day. I am confused when women say they have 400+ messages a day?

I find dating sites worse than Fab re attitude of men.

I believe there are a lot of fragile egos on here and they don’t like rejection, or the opposite a super ego where they think they are gods gift

Lanarkshire

"Its most of the same people on both I have found though looking for different things on both.

So a question to this..and it does depend on the app used. But ladies if you match do you wait for the guy to message first or drop them a line to say hi etc?"

If we need to match to chat then if I swipe right resulting in a match I send a simple message. If I swipe right then later the guys swipes right resulting in a match I wait for him to message.

Leeds

"There's always a lot of agg on here about women not replying to messages. I get that it's frustrating but it makes me wonder. Do the people who complain about this and also use dating apps obsess over every single person they swipe that doesn't swipe them back? Do they keep a list or something and get more bitter about by the day?

And if you're about to reply that you get far more success on dating apps maybe you should think about how your approach differs from here

Before I blocked men from messaging me I was getting 2 messages a day. I am confused when women say they have 400+ messages a day?

You've made this point on a couple of threads now and it seems you're implying that women getting 100's of messages a day are telling find. You only have to look at the Hot Photos and the number of fabs they get to realise that it probably is true.

I, myself, can get anything from 10 - 50 messages a day, dependant on whether I'm active on forums or not. But I'm by far not the youngest, slimmest, most gorgeous F on here.

I don't mean to be rude, but might I suggest that the demands on your profile may put guys off (certainly the ones who read profiles....) "

I’ve never said the women fib just that I’m confused. Your critique of my profile is against forum rules as I’ve not asked for feedback. I run my profile how I wish, nothing to do with you what I put on my profile!

You've made this point on a couple of threads now and it seems you're implying that women getting 100's of messages a day are telling find. You only have to look at the Hot Photos and the number of fabs they get to realise that it probably is true.

I, myself, can get anything from 10 - 50 messages a day, dependant on whether I'm active on forums or not. But I'm by far not the youngest, slimmest, most gorgeous F on here.

I don't mean to be rude, but might I suggest that the demands on your profile may put guys off (certainly the ones who read profiles....) "

Hot Photos plays a huge part, I’ve been number 1 a handful of times and after a busy day at work and not logging in Fab all day, I’ve woken up to 1100 messages.

When my profile is visible, I can get hundreds of messages a day, if I posted a photo that can increased to 200/300/400.

I do have filters on now which cuts down a bit.

I remember one guy giving me grief because I put in my status that I get a lot of messages and that sending multiple will not result in a response.

He claimed I was lying about the amount of messages I get and that women over exaggerate the amount to justify them not replying, I sent him a screenshot of my inbox, he soon apologised.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I don't mean to be rude, but might I suggest that the demands on your profile may put guys off (certainly the ones who read profiles....)

I’ve never said the women fib just that I’m confused. Your critique of my profile is against forum rules as I’ve not asked for feedback. I run my profile how I wish, nothing to do with you what I put on my profile! "

Apologies. I only answered as you were wondering why you dont get that many fabs. No offence was meant x

Leeds

I don't mean to be rude, but might I suggest that the demands on your profile may put guys off (certainly the ones who read profiles....)

I’ve never said the women fib just that I’m confused. Your critique of my profile is against forum rules as I’ve not asked for feedback. I run my profile how I wish, nothing to do with you what I put on my profile!

Apologies. I only answered as you were wondering why you dont get that many fabs. No offence was meant x"

There is a very good reason for my rules on my profile which I’m not explaining on a thread. Anyway because of my experience I’ve blocked men so I can now search for who I want to chat to....can’t believe I’ve been ‘bullied’ because I run the profile how I wish.

KIDLINGTON

So a question to this..and it does depend on the app used. But ladies if you match do you wait for the guy to message first or drop them a line to say hi etc?

If we need to match to chat then if I swipe right resulting in a match I send a simple message. If I swipe right then later the guys swipes right resulting in a match I wait for him to message. "

Thats why so many may not respond as its a waiting game to see who will send first message. Not saying its right.. but it happens.

If we need to match to chat then if I swipe right resulting in a match I send a simple message. If I swipe right then later the guys swipes right resulting in a match I wait for him to message.

Thats why so many may not respond as its a waiting game to see who will send first message. Not saying its right.. but it happens. "

Most men don't reply when I message first on Bumble and just let the match expire. While I don't understand why they would match me in the first place if they have no intention of talking, I've never been as bothered about it as some men on here get about it though. These guys have literally zero impact on my life so it's not hard to just forget about it and move on.

Deeside

Online dating be it for a relationship or just fun is an exasperating experience for many average people for many different reasons, i put in plenty of effort and just get radio silence all too often but don't complain about it, just shrug and move on because i know my worth and i suspect the majority of people do. It's my belief that all these complainers are actually, like so many cases, a vocal minority.

I am sure there are a fair few decent guys on dating apps but tbf I agree with the fact that 99% of the guys I've spoken to end up just wanting sex, or worse, pretend to want something more just so that they can get sex. The other 1% that genuinely do want to date end up being too sexually sheltered compared to men on here. If I'd never heard of fab then maybe I'd be dating someone more vanilla right now, idk. But I tend to intimidate a lot of "normal" men due to my open mindedness and experience. It's a shame there's not a dating version of this site "

Have you considered that the 1% could be a lot higher if all the guys either left unanswered in your in box or outside of your preferences, were taken in to account? I don't doubt a lot of guys do use such apps for just sex but even that is not the entire truth in my opinion, it wouldn't surprise me if many guys went on dates and didn't think that the woman was the one but decided they would still have sex with them. Whilst still shitty it is not intent.

As for guys not being open minded enough that still doesn't qualify the 99 figure which is literally based on opinion and not fact, that's an entirely personal preference issue.

Nowts a strange as folk

Perhaps the ratio difference gets to them. On dating sites there are usually many women searching for few men. They get no replies or messages. So when they do get a message they do chat.

Do you really think the ratio is that much different on a dating app compared to here? "

Seems to be more women than men on dating sites. More men than women on sex/ swinging sites.

Apologies. I only answered as you were wondering why you dont get that many fabs. No offence was meant x

There is a very good reason for my rules on my profile which I’m not explaining on a thread. Anyway because of my experience I’ve blocked men so I can now search for who I want to chat to....can’t believe I’ve been ‘bullied’ because I run the profile how I wish. "

Who is 'bullying' you?

Leeds

There is a very good reason for my rules on my profile which I’m not explaining on a thread. Anyway because of my experience I’ve blocked men so I can now search for who I want to chat to....can’t believe I’ve been ‘bullied’ because I run the profile how I wish.

Who is 'bullying' you? "

Felt like bullying. Critiquing my profile when I’ve not asked for feedback on it. Ends!

I am sure there are a fair few decent guys on dating apps but tbf I agree with the fact that 99% of the guys I've spoken to end up just wanting sex, or worse, pretend to want something more just so that they can get sex. The other 1% that genuinely do want to date end up being too sexually sheltered compared to men on here. If I'd never heard of fab then maybe I'd be dating someone more vanilla right now, idk. But I tend to intimidate a lot of "normal" men due to my open mindedness and experience. It's a shame there's not a dating version of this site

Have you considered that the 1% could be a lot higher if all the guys either left unanswered in your in box or outside of your preferences, were taken in to account? I don't doubt a lot of guys do use such apps for just sex but even that is not the entire truth in my opinion, it wouldn't surprise me if many guys went on dates and didn't think that the woman was the one but decided they would still have sex with them. Whilst still shitty it is not intent.

As for guys not being open minded enough that still doesn't qualify the 99 figure which is literally based on opinion and not fact, that's an entirely personal preference issue."

No. If they don't match my preferences why would I consider them?

As for your theory about going on a date with someone and deciding to have sex with them even if you don't like them; this has never happened to me. I never have sex on a first date. I'm talking about the men who lie from the outset.

99% may be a figure pulled out of thin air but that's definitely what it feels like after 7 years of dating app experience. Granted I haven't been looking to date during that whole time but ever since I started using them it has been very clear most men are only looking to hook up.

Who is 'bullying' you?

Felt like bullying. Critiquing my profile when I’ve not asked for feedback on it. Ends! "

She has explained she was just trying to help.

Deeside

As for guys not being open minded enough that still doesn't qualify the 99 figure which is literally based on opinion and not fact, that's an entirely personal preference issue.

As for your theory about going on a date with someone and deciding to have sex with them even if you don't like them; this has never happened to me. I never have sex on a first date. I'm talking about the men who lie from the outset.

99% may be a figure pulled out of thin air but that's definitely what it feels like after 7 years of dating app experience. Granted I haven't been looking to date during that whole time but ever since I started using them it has been very clear most men are only looking to hook up. "

That's fair enough i can't say that i agree but i can respect your experience and how you can come to that view. I have no love for online dating, it's a very unpleasant experience for the most part but i try to remain objective about it and accept that what i see is probably blown out of proportion.

Leeds

Who is 'bullying' you?

Felt like bullying. Critiquing my profile when I’ve not asked for feedback on it. Ends!

She has explained she was just trying to help. "

I responded if you care to look. Thank you have a good day.

KIDLINGTON

Thats why so many may not respond as its a waiting game to see who will send first message. Not saying its right.. but it happens.

Most men don't reply when I message first on Bumble and just let the match expire. While I don't understand why they would match me in the first place if they have no intention of talking, I've never been as bothered about it as some men on here get about it though. These guys have literally zero impact on my life so it's not hard to just forget about it and move on. "

I do agree its strange why someone would match and not chat. On bumble its better as the woman has to message first. If they do then I'll always say hello and have a chat.

KIDLINGTON

Nowts a strange as folk

Do you really think the ratio is that much different on a dating app compared to here?

Seems to be more women than men on dating sites. More men than women on sex/ swinging sites. "

Hmm thats something I wouldn't have expected. Time to revamp the dating profiles obviously.

By *lack in LondonMan  over a year ago

London

Someone said it earlier, it's a fragile male ego. Being on a sex/swingers site they may feel the rules are different.

Dating app: ppl looking for a coffee & relationship.

Swingers app: 100 man gangbang asap!

I think some others probably feel frustrated that they take time to read profiles & write custom messages in the hope to pique interest and nothing comes of it. Just gotta charge it to the game and move on!

This is in no way justifying some ppl's behaviour in your inboxes just offering an insight into potential mindsets

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

1 think is for sure..if you are looking for the real thing its certainly not easy.

If someone could bottle that magic spark when you meet someone, they would be the richest person on the planet.

Nowts a strange as folk

Seems to be more women than men on dating sites. More men than women on sex/ swinging sites.

Hmm thats something I wouldn't have expected. Time to revamp the dating profiles obviously. "

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Welcome to the forum

Lanarkshire

"

Thats why so many may not respond as its a waiting game to see who will send first message. Not saying its right.. but it happens. "

Yeah that’s why I made the rule of who messages first. Even if I do message first after we match I don’t always get a response

If you can’t message someone after both have intimated an interest in each other is there much point in trying for a relAtionship with them?

I get that people are nervous but a simple hi hows your week going just to start can’t be that hard can it?

Lanarkshire

Any good one out there

Google would be your friend if looking for other sites

"Someone said it earlier, it's a fragile male ego. Being on a sex/swingers site they may feel the rules are different.

Dating app: ppl looking for a coffee & relationship.

Swingers app: 100 man gangbang asap!

I think some others probably feel frustrated that they take time to read profiles & write custom messages in the hope to pique interest and nothing comes of it. Just gotta charge it to the game and move on!

This is in no way justifying some ppl's behaviour in your inboxes just offering an insight into potential mindsets"

Yeah... Maybe it's just due to hundreds of years of internalised societal sexism. Not saying that all men are sexist but there is definitely more of a general expectation of women being more likely to put out just because they are on a swinging website, and I think quite a few men take this to mean we don't deserve respect either. Wonder how they would feel about someone talking to their mothers/daughters/wives the way they talk to women on here...

only had 1 date meet and was same as fab meet anyway

i think fab easier talk too and talk back and date stuff charge you for everything fab you have membership at fair prices

99% may be a figure pulled out of thin air but that's definitely what it feels like after 7 years of dating app experience. Granted I haven't been looking to date during that whole time but ever since I started using them it has been very clear most men are only looking to hook up.

That's fair enough i can't say that i agree but i can respect your experience and how you can come to that view. I have no love for online dating, it's a very unpleasant experience for the most part but i try to remain objective about it and accept that what i see is probably blown out of proportion."

I am assuming that you would be looking for women on dating apps, in which case you are probably more likely to come across people looking for a genuine connection/relationship. There are lots of women who just want to hook up on the apps, lord knows I have been one of them at many points in the past few years, but I think in general more women are looking to date than men. I also think advertising these apps as a place to find dating/relationships is pretty misleading, especially for people of my age.

"

Yeah that’s why I made the rule of who messages first. Even if I do message first after we match I don’t always get a response

If you can’t message someone after both have intimated an interest in each other is there much point in trying for a relAtionship with them?

I get that people are nervous but a simple hi hows your week going just to start can’t be that hard can it? "

I can only speak about my experiences with online dating and why I don’t answer all my messages or send a message to someone I match with....

Most online dating apps give a free users a limited amount of swipes per 24 hours.... So I will match with as many attractive and local profiles that I can in a 24 hour period..

When I do match with someone and can read their full profile and see additional pics... then I will decide to send a message or unmatch with them....

So this might be why some guys don’t engage in conversation after a match.....

Can some one masgr me privately any other dating app other website

Lanarkshire

I know it may be more common for men to be looking for a quickie on a dating site. But I have a male friend who goes on dating sites and he gets frustrated and women only wanting one thing as he wants a relationship!

Nowts a strange as folk"

I think most women aren't flattered that a man wants to put their cock into one of their orifices.

A dating site feels like that the man actually wants to get to know them as a person and not just empty their balls.

And if you're about to reply that you get far more success on dating apps maybe you should think about how your approach differs from here "

So many reasons for no replies

..not attracted

Not interested

No effort

..l also think that the bones of the same applies in real world dating...with online dating or adult sites attraction is the number one trait ..if a person isn't attracted ...then it's game over..l don't think there's any lady that's gonna fuck a guy if she's not attracted to him ..yes it may seem shallow but just ask any lady here if shes gonna spread her legs for a guy she's not attracted to and l do think the answer will be No. ...that's the way it is here ..and l think the same in the real world dating in ladies can swipe left or right and what are they looking at at when they do that. ?? correct...their face's so if they're not attracted ..it's game over before it ever began.

Nowts a strange as folk

I think most women aren't flattered that a man wants to put their cock into one of their orifices.

A dating site feels like that the man actually wants to get to know them as a person and not just empty their balls."

Although sadly the latter is still the case on a lot of dating sites

Deeside

That's fair enough i can't say that i agree but i can respect your experience and how you can come to that view. I have no love for online dating, it's a very unpleasant experience for the most part but i try to remain objective about it and accept that what i see is probably blown out of proportion.

I am assuming that you would be looking for women on dating apps, in which case you are probably more likely to come across people looking for a genuine connection/relationship. There are lots of women who just want to hook up on the apps, lord knows I have been one of them at many points in the past few years, but I think in general more women are looking to date than men. I also think advertising these apps as a place to find dating/relationships is pretty misleading, especially for people of my age. "

I'm not sure advertising them that way is misleading at the end of the day that is down to how the users make use of the app and people are very good at taking something and twisting it's use, i do however thing these apps play up to the fact that folk use them that way and do nothing to discourage it.

I have a profile on such an app which is there solely to find "the one", it's long winded and a little blunt in it's way but looking for keeps is very different to looking for a fuck in my head at least so I'd rather discourage anyone who won't even put in the effort to read it. On here it's primarily a bit of fun to pass the time but with an open mind since those very same women i want to stick my willy in are still human as much as on any other app.

..not attracted

Not interested

No effort

..l also think that the bones of the same applies in real world dating...with online dating or adult sites attraction is the number one trait ..if a person isn't attracted ...then it's game over..l don't think there's any lady that's gonna fuck a guy if she's not attracted to him ..yes it may seem shallow but just ask any lady here if shes gonna spread her legs for a guy she's not attracted to and l do think the answer will be No. ...that's the way it is here ..and l think the same in the real world dating in ladies can swipe left or right and what are they looking at at when they do that. ?? correct...their face's so if they're not attracted ..it's game over before it ever began."

The thing is that there have been plenty of men I have been very attracted to in real life that I probably wouldn't have swiped right on if I saw them on paper. Someone's personality can make them way more attractive and this is something you can't really perceive over the Internet. The answer would be to stop using apps/sites full stop but it's SO hard to meet someone in real life as with all these apps no one knows how to talk face to face anymore. ESPECIALLY now. The last time I was asked out on the street was about 3 years ago (outside a club, we ended up going on 5 or 6 dates)

I still get chatted up on nights out and stuff but it's not the same as they're still just after one nighters... I'd love to have a movie style meet cute, both reaching for the last block of tofu in Whole Foods or something

I think overall I can conclude from many’s experiences it’s women who faces hatred. Is it from all men? Or most few?

Yes men has a tendency to express his reaction in some way coz it’s a million year evolution can’t blame. But it’s the sixth sense that has made him not to Harass and I think many women would have felt it from those who are sixth sense deficient so please give them time to evolve. They will one day.

Coming to the topic I think fab has allowed a lot of open spaces and opportunities to express which is not in most dating apps.

Lanarkshire

..not attracted

Not interested

No effort

..l also think that the bones of the same applies in real world dating...with online dating or adult sites attraction is the number one trait ..if a person isn't attracted ...then it's game over..l don't think there's any lady that's gonna fuck a guy if she's not attracted to him ..yes it may seem shallow but just ask any lady here if shes gonna spread her legs for a guy she's not attracted to and l do think the answer will be No. ...that's the way it is here ..and l think the same in the real world dating in ladies can swipe left or right and what are they looking at at when they do that. ?? correct...their face's so if they're not attracted ..it's game over before it ever began.

The thing is that there have been plenty of men I have been very attracted to in real life that I probably wouldn't have swiped right on if I saw them on paper. Someone's personality can make them way more attractive and this is something you can't really perceive over the Internet. The answer would be to stop using apps/sites full stop but it's SO hard to meet someone in real life as with all these apps no one knows how to talk face to face anymore. ESPECIALLY now. The last time I was asked out on the street was about 3 years ago (outside a club, we ended up going on 5 or 6 dates)

I still get chatted up on nights out and stuff but it's not the same as they're still just after one nighters... I'd love to have a movie style meet cute, both reaching for the last block of tofu in Whole Foods or something "

a wee mills & boons story

My problem is I don’t take guys seriously on a night out when they are chatting me up but that’s more my lack of confidence and my friends are always falling me off

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Maybe it would be better if there were more/better filters so women could block out the noise so to speak and men were unable to message past these filters.

Age filter works but what about smokers/attached/unverified/no pictures/distance and any others.

I try to avoid messaging unsuitable profiles and dont get bothered if im deleted/blocked

I think overall I can conclude from many’s experiences it’s women who faces hatred. Is it from all men? Or most few?

Yes men has a tendency to express his reaction in some way coz it’s a million year evolution can’t blame. But it’s the sixth sense that has made him not to Harass and I think many women would have felt it from those who are sixth sense deficient so please give them time to evolve. They will one day.

Coming to the topic I think fab has allowed a lot of open spaces and opportunities to express which is not in most dating apps.

"

I've only got about 60 years left, if I'm lucky

"Maybe it would be better if there were more/better filters so women could block out the noise so to speak and men were unable to message past these filters.

Age filter works but what about smokers/attached/unverified/no pictures/distance and any others.

I try to avoid messaging unsuitable profiles and dont get bothered if im deleted/blocked

"

You can’t stop someone in public to stop talking to u. U can just not hear or get away.

Please feel free to block whom u think inappropriate once u get a mail from them. Once he faces that lesson he will change for u definitely

..not attracted

Not interested

No effort

I still get chatted up on nights out and stuff but it's not the same as they're still just after one nighters... I'd love to have a movie style meet cute, both reaching for the last block of tofu in Whole Foods or something

My problem is I don’t take guys seriously on a night out when they are chatting me up but that’s more my lack of confidence and my friends are always falling me off "

You need more liquid courage in my experience when I've had a few I can approach guys who I would normally think are WAAYYYY out of my league, but not gonna lie I get a lot of confidence from alcohol and that confidence seems to be a turn on. One of my friends always jokes that she can tell when it starts because I start flipping my hair

Lanarkshire

..not attracted

Not interested

No effort

My problem is I don’t take guys seriously on a night out when they are chatting me up but that’s more my lack of confidence and my friends are always falling me off

You need more liquid courage in my experience when I've had a few I can approach guys who I would normally think are WAAYYYY out of my league, but not gonna lie I get a lot of confidence from alcohol and that confidence seems to be a turn on. One of my friends always jokes that she can tell when it starts because I start flipping my hair "

Ha ha I will remember in future - alcohol and hair flips

KIDLINGTON

Nowts a strange as folk

A dating site feels like that the man actually wants to get to know them as a person and not just empty their balls.

Although sadly the latter is still the case on a lot of dating sites "

The thing is this... my housemate get lots of attention on the dating apps. I've lost count of the dates etc that he's been on where its metal that they shag etc on first date then he gets ghosted. So its not just a man trait.

The main problem seems that not everyone is clear what they want. And as ivd said it amazes me how you can chat to someone on a dating app. Realise you're both on fab and then she doesn't want you know anymore.. kinda double standards.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Wow, some insecure folk on this thread

Nonetheless, to answer the OP, i think the situation is more complex:

1) disparity between stated aims vs actual motives

2) more men than women on these platforms

3) men generally machine gun messaging women for an instashag experience

4) underlying driver for women to gloat in the "unwanted" attention they receive

5) women complain about overwhelming attention so stop messaging altogether and put up filters (just look at Facepic Friday behaviours)

6) genuine guys can't get an edge in since they can't make the first move yet women still expect the guys to message first if they pass all the rules of the profile

7) women complain about lack of "decent" guys

8) perpetual cycle continues of horny frustrated people all round

On tinder, I'm rarely matched. On Bumble, women never seen to message or reply...i care not... Yet,i still seem to prefer fab.

Nottingham

I keep seeing people saying that there are apps where there are more women than men, and people are looking for sex rather than A Proper Relationship™. Could someone let me know what these apps actually are, please? Because it isn't any of the ones I've tried. It definitely isn't Tinder, which is *flooded* with people looking for The One™.

"I keep seeing people saying that there are apps where there are more women than men, and people are looking for sex rather than A Proper Relationship™. Could someone let me know what these apps actually are, please? Because it isn't any of the ones I've tried. It definitely isn't Tinder, which is *flooded* with people looking for The One™. "

Bad news. It’s tinder

Nottingham

Not in any city where I've used it. Oh well. Living in a mononormative patriarchy sucks.

"Not in any city where I've used it. Oh well. Living in a mononormative patriarchy sucks. "

That’s the spirit

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I keep seeing people saying that there are apps where there are more women than men, and people are looking for sex rather than A Proper Relationship™. Could someone let me know what these apps actually are, please? Because it isn't any of the ones I've tried. It definitely isn't Tinder, which is *flooded* with people looking for The One™. "

I don't think it exist. Just need to except for most women, they prefer meaningful relationship. Hence why men pay for sex. I find these days, it's more common for really young adults interested in "fun only" times

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Wow, some insecure folk on this thread

4) underlying driver for women to gloat in the "unwanted" attention they receive

5) women complain about overwhelming attention so stop messaging altogether and put up filters (just look at Facepic Friday behaviours)

6) genuine guys can't get an edge in since they can't make the first move yet women still expect the guys to message first if they pass all the rules of the profile

On tinder, I'm rarely matched. On Bumble, women never seen to message or reply...i care not... Yet,i still seem to prefer fab."

define what is a "genuine guy" on fab?

On tinder, I'm rarely matched. On Bumble, women never seen to message or reply...i care not... Yet,i still seem to prefer fab.

define what is a "genuine guy" on fab? "

Emmmm us here

Nottingham

"I keep seeing people saying that there are apps where there are more women than men, and people are looking for sex rather than A Proper Relationship™. Could someone let me know what these apps actually are, please? Because it isn't any of the ones I've tried. It definitely isn't Tinder, which is *flooded* with people looking for The One™.

I don't think it exist. Just need to except for most women, they prefer meaningful relationship. Hence why men pay for sex. I find these days, it's more common for really young adults interested in "fun only" times"

That's currently my conclusion too, but I live in hope that I'm wrong. I know I'm an outlier, but I'm often surprised and disappointed by just how far out I actually lie. Ho hum.

I live in a city with two massive universities, so I see quite a bit of what The Youth™ are looking for on Tinder. They seem just as focused on securing a dual income as older people are. Hooray for late-stage capitalism.

I often really do feel like I'm on the wrong planet. I want to join a civilization where people actually enjoy sex and try to have as much of it as possible.

"I keep seeing people saying that there are apps where there are more women than men, and people are looking for sex rather than A Proper Relationship™. Could someone let me know what these apps actually are, please? Because it isn't any of the ones I've tried. It definitely isn't Tinder, which is *flooded* with people looking for The One™.

I don't think it exist. Just need to except for most women, they prefer meaningful relationship. Hence why men pay for sex. I find these days, it's more common for really young adults interested in "fun only" times"

I’m young realised no fun without meaning. Soon everyone will do.

Glasgow/London

define what is a "genuine guy" on fab? "

why?

By *ic_khan2341Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I tend to only message people that I have met in clubs so I get reply from them. It can be tricky as a lot of fake profiles here

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Probably been said earlier it it’s a numbers thing.

Lots of women on dating sites looking to meet men. They message. When on POF I could get dozens of messages each day. It would slow over time of course as the pool shrank. I met some lovely people. Lots of women that were looking for companionship or perhaps just male company, a reason to get dressed up and out of the house. Most looking for LTR. It’s amazing how many single women of my age are out there, and how much they bemoan the lack of ‘date able’ men. I treated them all with the utmost respect, had some great dates with some amazing people, made new friends, slept with quite a few over an eighteen month period.

Completely different to Fab.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Only on dating sites this happens to me. Men message their interest. I reply with my interest, things going well... then they block me lol it happens to ALL of us, not just men.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

And it really isn't nothing to do with I said... well not that warrants a block.

London

On tinder, I'm rarely matched. On Bumble, women never seen to message or reply...i care not... Yet,i still seem to prefer fab."

You're right these are the factors making this site a boring place with not enough action. I'm honest and my intentions are clear but responses are few and far between

You're right these are the factors making this site a boring place with not enough action. I'm honest and my intentions are clear but responses are few and far between "

I would contest point 6 as I definitely send out messages when a profile interests me. And no, I don't always receive a reply. In fact I get ignored more than I get replied to. See, it's hard for everyone

You're right these are the factors making this site a boring place with not enough action. I'm honest and my intentions are clear but responses are few and far between

I would contest point 6 as I definitely send out messages when a profile interests me. And no, I don't always receive a reply. In fact I get ignored more than I get replied to. See, it's hard for everyone "

Do you think a lot of fake ppl in fab??

London

I would contest point 6 as I definitely send out messages when a profile interests me. And no, I don't always receive a reply. In fact I get ignored more than I get replied to. See, it's hard for everyone

Do you think a lot of fake ppl in fab??"

Yeh I do. I think theres a lot of fake profiles. Not sure if they're automated or people deleting and starting new ones but they're definitely out there

Do you think a lot of fake ppl in fab??"

Yes.

Lanarkshire

Do you think a lot of fake ppl in fab??

Yes."

Fake people everywhere in life

A lot of people complain about their lack of success on Fab but won’t change their profile, approach or photos...

If something isn’t working, try to rectify that and if it’s still not working why continue to use it?

"A lot of people complain about their lack of success on Fab but won’t change their profile, approach or photos...

If something isn’t working, try to rectify that and if it’s still not working why continue to use it?"

Same reason I kept trying Weight Watchers. Wishful thinking and seeing everyone else get results.

By *LAchillesMan  over a year ago

North London

I find this more ‘old school’ than apps and so this is more interesting if less immediate. My desires change between something more immediate and random (so apps are more appropriate) and something more long term and specific (in terms of exploring a specific kink, dynamic or relationship) and so this is better. I hope that makes sense?!

Glasgow/London

I would contest point 6 as I definitely send out messages when a profile interests me. And no, I don't always receive a reply. In fact I get ignored more than I get replied to. See, it's hard for everyone "

You are probably one of the few then.

Although, I'll admit i ignore some messages from women if they're just "hi, i like your pics" ....zzzzz....

So either you're picking the wrong people to message, or your messaging needs work just an opinion.

You are probably one of the few then.

Although, I'll admit i ignore some messages from women if they're just "hi, i like your pics" ....zzzzz....

So either you're picking the wrong people to message, or your messaging needs work just an opinion."

Or maybe it's just that not everyone is attracted to me and I'm okay with that

» Add a new message to this topic