FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DO NOT FEEL WORTHLESS

DO NOT FEEL WORTHLESS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This month is like any other month do not let any idiot put you down or bad-mouth you in any way shape or form everyone is beautiful in their own way everyone has got a a asset that they like about themselves and an asset that they don't like about themselves. I just want you all to remember we are God's creatures and I'm not religious in any way

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This month is like any other month do not let any idiot put you down or bad-mouth you in any way shape or form everyone is beautiful in their own way everyone has got a a asset that they like about themselves and an asset that they don't like about themselves. I just want you all to remember we are God's creatures and I'm not religious in any way "

Ok Simon will do!!!!

T

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

It’s a lovely sentiment, as an ardent atheist however I don’t think of myself as one of gods creatures but more as a product of evolution and the fact that there wasn’t much on TV in the summer of 1982.

Can I be blunt without offending?

Probably not...

I love that there's some focus on mental health here, and I've started several of these kind of threads myself...

But could we maybe not have several in one day?

As someone who does struggle at times and an empath I find it a but triggering to be reminded several times that so many people are having a tough time

To be clear...I don't want these threads to stop...they're great...but do we need more than one at a time?

Lu

"Can I be blunt without offending?

Probably not...

I love that there's some focus on mental health here, and I've started several of these kind of threads myself...

As someone who does struggle at times and an empath I find it a but triggering to be reminded several times that so many people are having a tough time

To be clear...I don't want these threads to stop...they're great...but do we need more than one at a time?

Lu "

I was thinking this but thought better of saying! Maybe there could be a separate forum. I know people are struggling but it’s getting a bit much.

Probably not...

Lu

I was thinking this but thought better of saying! Maybe there could be a separate forum. I know people are struggling but it’s getting a bit much. "

Phew! I'm glad I'm not alone.

I think the threads are awesome! But I'm not sure we need so many at a time.

Probably not...

Lu

I was thinking this but thought better of saying! Maybe there could be a separate forum. I know people are struggling but it’s getting a bit much.

I think the threads are awesome! But I'm not sure we need so many at a time."

I agree. They provide support for many people and god knows I’d be the first to message someone who felt really down. But I also come on here for a laugh and sometimes I look in the lounge and it’s literally every other thread.

Probably not...

Lu

I agree. They provide support for many people and god knows I’d be the first to message someone who felt really down. But I also come on here for a laugh and sometimes I look in the lounge and it’s literally every other thread. "

Someone did put in a request for a Mental Health forum (think its in the Site Feedback Forum).

I don't mind the 'Say something nice to someone' threads as that encourages participation.

I am more likely to add a supportive message when someone posts a 'I'm struggling thread'.

But this is an open forum and I wouldn't discourage anyone from posting what they wanted to when they wanted to.

Probably not...

Lu

I agree. They provide support for many people and god knows I’d be the first to message someone who felt really down. But I also come on here for a laugh and sometimes I look in the lounge and it’s literally every other thread.

Someone did put in a request for a Mental Health forum (think its in the Site Feedback Forum).

I don't mind the 'Say something nice to someone' threads as that encourages participation.

I am more likely to add a supportive message when someone posts a 'I'm struggling thread'.

But this is an open forum and I wouldn't discourage anyone from posting what they wanted to when they wanted to."

No, I agree...

But if there's a thread open asking everyone their favourite movie, would you start another asking the same question?

I think maybe a long running thread might be a good idea?

People can still start threads about individual problems but I wonder if having several vague mental health threads on the go at once is doing more damage than good?

Probably not...

Lu

But this is an open forum and I wouldn't discourage anyone from posting what they wanted to when they wanted to.

No, I agree...

But if there's a thread open asking everyone their favourite movie, would you start another asking the same question?

People can still start threads about individual problems but I wonder if having several vague mental health threads on the go at once is doing more damage than good?

"

I agree with the comments made here

Her x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't worry I'm going to be stopping doing forum post anyway so everyone can have a stress-free day everyday

"Don't worry I'm going to be stopping doing forum post anyway so everyone can have a stress-free day everyday "

No! Don't stop posting!!!

I like your threads

Just would like a few less of the sad ones, that's all

"Don't worry I'm going to be stopping doing forum post anyway so everyone can have a stress-free day everyday "

Why? Nobody said that.

Probably not...

Lu

No, I agree...

"

Just one ongoing one would be good where people can add supportive messages or say how they are feeling.

I do a 'Mood' one every now and again but rather than start a new one I'm more likely to bump the last one if there's still enough 'space' left on it.

I do agree that vague messages of support don't always help especially if someone is spiralling down or has clinical depression (any positive messages can still be seen as negative if someone is in that position).

But sometimes I think the person posting the positive message is actually asking for help themselves in a small way. It is a tricky one.

A Mental Health forum would be a better solution even if it was just temporary over the current COVID situation.

Honestly wish I'd not said anything now

No do not stop posting. If it helps you then keep posting. No one on this thread has said anything which is in anyway discouraging you from posting.

I like your threads and I always read them even if I don't make a comment. Everyone has their place on the forum and no one should feel they can't or shouldn't post. Keep going!

"Honestly wish I'd not said anything now "

If that's what you feel then you should post that. As long as it's within forum rules I don't think anyone should 'moderate' themselves on the forum.

It's why I like the Lounge as it's a good mix of people, attitudes and ideas and, most of the time, healthy disagreement.

I suppose the mods would say if you don't 'like' a post then don't read it and just skip over them. But voicing an opinion or observation should not be discouraged either.

"Honestly wish I'd not said anything now

If that's what you feel then you should post that. As long as it's within forum rules I don't think anyone should 'moderate' themselves on the forum.

It's why I like the Lounge as it's a good mix of people, attitudes and ideas and, most of the time, healthy disagreement.

I suppose the mods would say if you don't 'like' a post then don't read it and just skip over them. But voicing an opinion or observation should not be discouraged either."

I'm gonna take a more quiet reserved approach in the forums for a bit.

I never usually mind being outspoken, clearly...but I'm not keen on the way I've been painted to be discouraging anyone from discussing mental health. Anyone who knows me knows I am the last person to do that.

I was merely expressing something that had been making me a bit sad.

I suppose the mods would say if you don't 'like' a post then don't read it and just skip over them. But voicing an opinion or observation should not be discouraged either.

I never usually mind being outspoken, clearly...but I'm not keen on the way I've been painted to be discouraging anyone from discussing mental health. Anyone who knows me knows I am the last person to do that.

"

I agreed with you. It was me too, not just you. We weren’t discouraging it. I still stick by what I said. Perhaps it was taken the wrong way but that often happens on here unfortunately.

"This month is like any other month do not let any idiot put you down or bad-mouth you in any way shape or form everyone is beautiful in their own way everyone has got a a asset that they like about themselves and an asset that they don't like about themselves. I just want you all to remember we are God's creatures and I'm not religious in any way "

Bless you

"

Don't stop being outspoken. Things on the internet can sometimes be taken the wrong way. And I don't think anyone has painted you as discouraging anyone from posting about mental health. The forum is for expressing yourself and you shouldn't feel you need to change how you express yourself.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 14:12:33]

On a mooch

Maybe think why the OP is doing it, maybe it helps him get his thoughts out of his head.

The amount of very similar topics on any given subject, is a daily thing on the forum, no one should be discouraged from posting just because someone has seen enough of something. Just pass over it.

No one might have intended that with their comments here, but it is how it has been taken by the OP

"Maybe think why the OP is doing it, maybe it helps him get his thoughts out of his head.

The amount of very similar topics on any given subject, is a daily thing on the forum, no one should be discouraged from posting just because someone has seen enough of something. Just pass over it.

No one might have intended that with their comments here, but it is how it has been taken by the OP "

So the OP can express his thoughts and feelings, but I shouldn't express mine?

Seems fair

On a mooch

"Maybe think why the OP is doing it, maybe it helps him get his thoughts out of his head.

No one might have intended that with their comments here, but it is how it has been taken by the OP

Seems fair "

Do we have the right to tell someone what they can and can’t post about ? No, everyone has the freedom to post a topic of their choosing

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Seems fair

Do we have the right to tell someone what they can and can’t post about ? No, everyone has the freedom to post a topic of their choosing "

And she didn't tell him what he can and can't post. Merely made a request.

Seems fair

Do we have the right to tell someone what they can and can’t post about ? No, everyone has the freedom to post a topic of their choosing "

Can you show me where I or anyone else said he couldn't post anything?

Seems fair

Nobody did that though.

This is going to get all blown out of proportion so I’m going to back out.

"This is going to get all blown out of proportion so I’m going to back out. "

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it!

"This is going to get all blown out of proportion so I’m going to back out.

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it! "

I agree with you and still do. Like you I wish I’d not said anything which is what I tend to do nowadays anyway. Seems nothing can be said without upsetting someone in some way even unintentionally. x

On a mooch

Seems fair

Do we have the right to tell someone what they can and can’t post about ? No, everyone has the freedom to post a topic of their choosing

"

You said....

If the OP, or anyone else for that matter, chooses to post a thread with a similar topic more than once a day, that is their choosing. Maybe this is their escape to get their thoughts out.

We have similar numerous threads running all the time in the forum, we can all choose to bypass them and ignore if they don’t suit us.

I agree with you and still do. Like you I wish I’d not said anything which is what I tend to do nowadays anyway. Seems nothing can be said without upsetting someone in some way even unintentionally. x"

It's a shame. I don't like having to censor myself, but seems I'll have to if I'm to continue posting.

Seems fair

You said....

If the OP, or anyone else for that matter, chooses to post a thread with a similar topic more than once a day, that is their choosing. Maybe this is their escape to get their thoughts out.

We have similar numerous threads running all the time in the forum, we can all choose to bypass them and ignore if they don’t suit us.

"

Oh! So my asking a question is the same as me telling someone they CANNOT post?

My initial comment, I thought, was very clear. I made a point of saying that I support the message and think that the mental health threads are awesome but that I, someone who suffers massively with my mental health, find it quite upsetting having so many reminders in the lounge at once.

I wasn't rude. I wasn't telling anyone what they can or cannot, or should or shouldn't do.

I was expressing an opinion!

There’s a twat thread going if anyone wants to join

Just to chill out a bit perhaps

"There’s a twat thread going if anyone wants to join

Just to chill out a bit perhaps "

Finally! A thread for me!

I agree with you and still do. Like you I wish I’d not said anything which is what I tend to do nowadays anyway. Seems nothing can be said without upsetting someone in some way even unintentionally. x

It's a shame. I don't like having to censor myself, but seems I'll have to if I'm to continue posting. "

And I don't think you said anything wrong. Just voiced your opinion.

But as Nora has said this will get blown out of all proportion so best to let this thread drop.

Don't censor yourself. As long as it's within forum rules you can post what you want. You can't do much about how others on the internet interprete what you say.

Keep posting.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

It's a shame. I don't like having to censor myself, but seems I'll have to if I'm to continue posting.

But as Nora has said this will get blown out of all proportion so best to let this thread drop.

Don't censor yourself. As long as it's within forum rules you can post what you want. You can't do much about how others on the internet interprete what you say.

Keep posting."

Exactly what he said Lu....

Don't censor and don't stop posting.

Keep posting.

Exactly what he said Lu....

Don't censor and don't stop posting."

Thank you both!

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 14:36:34]

On a mooch

Seems fair

You said....

My initial comment, I thought, was very clear. I made a point of saying that I support the message and think that the mental health threads are awesome but that I, someone who suffers massively with my mental health, find it quite upsetting having so many reminders in the lounge at once.

I wasn't rude. I wasn't telling anyone what they can or cannot, or should or shouldn't do.

"

I never suggested you were rude. However your words have been taken literally by the OP, not your fault, but I still think to suggest to someone not to post similar threads more than once a day isn’t right.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on how this has been read, as you seem upset and that was not my intention with my opinion

Seems fair

You said....

"

Yes we do have several similar threads running at once and yes we can choose to ignore them but at the same time, it's an open forum and as long as it's within the rules, anyone can post anything they wish. Which means that, Lu is entitled to express how she is feeling the same as everyone else. It's just a request, she didn't ask anyone to stop posting at any point.

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

"

I totally understood what you said, I suffer from poor mental health and the fab forums is literally my only contact with the outside world

I come on here to take my mind off my own problems, and to read/contribute to the more light hearted threads in an attempt to feel 'normal', but I do read the MH threads and I have noticed there has been an increase in them in recent months, there's a fine line between them reassuring me that I'm not alone & them making me feel even more depressed. The people on here are a wonderfully supportive lot and I'm more likely to 'reach out' on here than anywhere else.

On the subject of having a dedicated MH section in the forums, it does sound like a great idea in theory, however I suspect that people will be less likely to use it because they have to intentionally go to the MH section which could be 'dark', as opposed to the 'light' of the Lounge where people are comfortable with the other forumites and more willing to open up, the same would apply for those who give support... if you're in a happy place mentally you're gonna avoid the sadness within a MH section & stay in the Lounge. That's my view anyway and others may see it differently.

Maybe a regular 'Mental Health #5436' thread in the Lounge would be a solution? But that would require somebody devoted to keeping it going. would it work... I dont know, threads regularly go off at a tangent (just like this one has) and comments from those asking for help or just saying how helpless they feel would get lost amongst the other conversations that will develop.

If I had the solutions to life's problems I wouldn't be rambling and getting brain ache trying to explain, so I'm gonna stop typing now and get back to my cuppa & have a cig

Seems fair

You said....

I never suggested you were rude. However your words have been taken literally by the OP, not your fault, but I still think to suggest to someone not to post similar threads more than once a day isn’t right.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on how this has been read, as you seem upset and that was not my intention with my opinion "

Surely the only way I can avoid that is by never expressing an opinion?

I can't not stick up for myself when someone is making me out to be or have done something that isn't true.

Seems fair

You said....

Yes we do have several similar threads running at once and yes we can choose to ignore them but at the same time, it's an open forum and as long as it's within the rules, anyone can post anything they wish. Which means that, Lu is entitled to express how she is feeling the same as everyone else. It's just a request, she didn't ask anyone to stop posting at any point. "

Thank You!

I'm glad some of you could see the intent in my post.

You’re not required to read every thread or comment on them. A lot of people are facing difficulties atm so my view is let them have their say even if it is similar to previous threads.

"You’re not required to read every thread or comment on them. A lot of people are facing difficulties atm so my view is let them have their say even if it is similar to previous threads. "

Jeezus!!!!

Why is it ok for one person to express themselves but not another?!

On a mooch

Seems fair

You said....

We’ll have to agree to disagree on how this has been read, as you seem upset and that was not my intention with my opinion

I can't not stick up for myself when someone is making me out to be or have done something that isn't true. "

We can all express opinions but may be mindful of how they are expressed.

My original post didn’t quote you, just referenced a few voices on this thread and other threads that have popped up over the last couple of months.

The OP has taken it a certain way and that was what I was referencing

As said before we can all choose to bypass threads that don’t interest us, if their was a filter system to remove threads you don’t want to see that would be great, but there isn’t.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"You’re not required to read every thread or comment on them. A lot of people are facing difficulties atm so my view is let them have their say even if it is similar to previous threads. "
This

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

If someone isn't interested in a thread then just don't click on it or comment.

Everyone here is allowed to post anything within the rules and write their thoughts etc

Seems fair

You said....

I can't not stick up for myself when someone is making me out to be or have done something that isn't true.

My original post didn’t quote you, just referenced a few voices on this thread and other threads that have popped up over the last couple of months.

As said before we can all choose to bypass threads that don’t interest us, if their was a filter system to remove threads you don’t want to see that would be great, but there isn’t. "

But it did interest me. It made me sad. Therefore I expressed this.

But I am somehow wrong for doing so...i should've just said nothing.

"If someone isn't interested in a thread then just don't click on it or comment.

Everyone here is allowed to post anything within the rules and write their thoughts etc "

Do none of you realise how ironic it is that you're all rabbiting on about how people should be able to say and post what they want whilst shaming someone for sharing their feelings on a thread about feelings?

On a mooch

Seems fair

You said....

As said before we can all choose to bypass threads that don’t interest us, if their was a filter system to remove threads you don’t want to see that would be great, but there isn’t.

But it did interest me. It made me sad. Therefore I expressed this.

But I am somehow wrong for doing so...i should've just said nothing. "

I’m sorry it made you sad. Individuals are just pointing out there is another side, the OPs side as well, maybe he is now feeling disheartened because of how he read the words in this thread.

"If someone isn't interested in a thread then just don't click on it or comment.

Everyone here is allowed to post anything within the rules and write their thoughts etc

Do none of you realise how ironic it is that you're all rabbiting on about how people should be able to say and post what they want whilst shaming someone for sharing their feelings on a thread about feelings? "

Nobody has shamed anyone. Everyone has simply stated their opinion. Chill. You’re entitled to yours too.

Do none of you realise how ironic it is that you're all rabbiting on about how people should be able to say and post what they want whilst shaming someone for sharing their feelings on a thread about feelings?

Nobody has shamed anyone. Everyone has simply stated their opinion. Chill. You’re entitled to yours too."

If you say so

Llanelli

Nobody has shamed anyone. Everyone has simply stated their opinion. Chill. You’re entitled to yours too.

If you say so "

Is never ok to shame, that's not within the rules

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Having just read the whole thread and its associated one is the perfect example why I'm much more a lurker than poster now.

Too many people have too much free time on their hands and spend far too much time here. Everything said here then takes on a greater intensity and people overthink and read too much into what others say. Text is frequently misconstrued which doesn't help. Often they'll interpret general comments as directed towards them and readily take offence where none was meant.

Everyone is entitled to post what they want so long as forum rules aren't infringed. When you post remember that subsequent responses might not be to your liking. I've seen people either dealing with it maturely or having a teen-esque meltdown. Sadly, too much of the latter of late.

Back to lurking for me.

By *G999Man  over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

".

A Mental Health forum would be a better solution even if it was just temporary over the current COVID situation."

This is a potential spiders web web of strands.

Countrywide, some could posit even greater worldwide increase for supporting and encouraging people to discuss their mental health - But if you wouldn't mind just not posting so many sad ones in here, that'd be great, thanks.

What message does that send?

Can we just have one long thread for mental health and not so many vague ones? - Vague to who? What seems inconsequential to one, may be personally important to another, you just don't know.

Moderators are volunteers, they can only enforce the forum rules. They can't start moderating what's deemed important or useful, otherwise this ceases to be an open forum.

Moderate yourself? If you don't want to read endless mental health threats then perhaps don't click on them? If the subject is unclear enough that you do find content you don't wish to read, then come out of it.

Perhaps I'm being too black and white, but it seems clear to me.

".

A Mental Health forum would be a better solution even if it was just temporary over the current COVID situation.

This is a potential spiders web web of strands.

Countrywide, some could posit even greater worldwide increase for supporting and encouraging people to discuss their mental health - But if you wouldn't mind just not posting so many sad ones in here, that'd be great, thanks.

What message does that send?

Can we just have one long thread for mental health and not so many vague ones? - Vague to who? What seems inconsequential to one, may be personally important to another, you just don't know.

Moderators are volunteers, they can only enforce the forum rules. They can't start moderating what's deemed important or useful, otherwise this ceases to be an open forum.

Moderate yourself? If you don't want to read endless mental health threats then perhaps don't click on them? If the subject is unclear enough that you do find content you don't wish to read, then come out of it.

Perhaps I'm being too black and white, but it seems clear to me.

"

I don't usually click on them...but I still find that having 7 (I haven't counted) on the go at once is quite triggering for me.

That is all I said. I didn't say anyone shouldn't post anything.

And to clarify, by vague, I meant not specific to a certain issue or way someone is feeling.

Everywhere & Nowhere

".

I don't usually click on them...but I still find that having 7 (I haven't counted) on the go at once is quite triggering for me.

"

So, I think we all understand that, yes, potentially a mental health sub forum may at some point in the future exist. This however doesn't mean people will use it to post their threads on the subject. That is their prerogative as a forum user.

So could you then have a quandary on your hands? You visit the forums for whatever reason you do, but it's also a trigger for you.

Therein, what's more important to you, your mental wellbeing or the reason(s) you use the forum?

I don't need to know the answer.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

".

So, I think we all understand that, yes, potentially a mental health sub forum may at some point in the future exist. This however doesn't mean people will use it to post their threads on the subject. That is their prerogative as a forum user.

So could you then have a quandary on your hands? You visit the forums for whatever reason you do, but it's also a trigger for you.

Therein, what's more important to you, your mental wellbeing or the reason(s) you use the forum?

I don't need to know the answer."

Everywhere & Nowhere

".

I don't need to know the answer."

But as is your prerogative as a forum user, if you want to share, of course you can.

".

But as is your prerogative as a forum user, if you want to share, of course you can. "

Nah...can't be arsed anymore.

Everywhere & Nowhere

".

But as is your prerogative as a forum user, if you want to share, of course you can.

Nah...can't be arsed anymore. "

Ok cool

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's a shame. I don't like having to censor myself, but seems I'll have to if I'm to continue posting. "

You do realise that both you and the OP are saying the same things? You've both had others comment on your posting and decided to change the way you post as a result. You say he shouldn't but are doing the same yourself?

You do realise that both you and the OP are saying the same things? You've both had others comment on your posting and decided to change the way you post as a result. You say he shouldn't but are doing the same yourself? "

Well done Lacey x

You do realise that both you and the OP are saying the same things? You've both had others comment on your posting and decided to change the way you post as a result. You say he shouldn't but are doing the same yourself? "

I can't seem to win whatever I say/do. So I think it's best I say nothing more often.

I come across as a very confident, gobby mare, I'm aware of that. But honestly, some of the responses my initial post has got today have had me in tears most of the afternoon.

I was expressing that the sheer amount of threads about mental health was triggering me and making me feel a bit sad. I was overly polite about how I worded it and I've been made out by some to have done or said something awful, like I was trying to upset or censor the OP and that's simply not the case.

I'm going to try really hard not to comment further as I'm sure it's not helping me.

I hope the OP knows I meant no harm and was merely expressing how I felt on the subject.

Simples.

If you don't like a subject, skip it! If you do, comment! If you're nosy, read and lurk! If you would rather spend time in the "virus" room and have run out of tin foil to make yourself a hat, I have some you can borrow!

Everyone should have a voice and everyone should (in seriously hoping) be adults in here! What I'm trying to say is, chill, all opinions matter! If you don't like an opinion written by someone else and it doesn't directly name you nor intended against you: take it on the chin like an adult and either raise your eyebrows, smile, laugh or make the same sound that my bloody builder just has, leaning on his shovel, looking at my new foundations!!

Smile, it's..... Eeeerrrmmm.

Thursday!!

Liverpool

You do realise that both you and the OP are saying the same things? You've both had others comment on your posting and decided to change the way you post as a result. You say he shouldn't but are doing the same yourself?

I can't seem to win whatever I say/do. So I think it's best I say nothing more often.

I come across as a very confident, gobby mare, I'm aware of that. But honestly, some of the responses my initial post has got today have had me in tears most of the afternoon.

I was expressing that the sheer amount of threads about mental health was triggering me and making me feel a bit sad. I was overly polite about how I worded it and I've been made out by some to have done or said something awful, like I was trying to upset or censor the OP and that's simply not the case.

I'm going to try really hard not to comment further as I'm sure it's not helping me.

I hope the OP knows I meant no harm and was merely expressing how I felt on the subject.

"

He's been upset because you said he posted too many posts about mental health, you've been upset because people have said he can post what he wants. You've said he shouldn't let your comment stop him posting but then you let others comments stop you posting. I'm sorry you're both upset. Personally I think you both should post whatever the hell you want regardless of what others think but everybody is different and as both of your reactions have proved, that isn't possible for some.

He's been upset because you said he posted too many posts about mental health, you've been upset because people have said he can post what he wants. You've said he shouldn't let your comment stop him posting but then you let others comments stop you posting. I'm sorry you're both upset. Personally I think you both should post whatever the hell you want regardless of what others think but everybody is different and as both of your reactions have proved, that isn't possible for some."

I'm not upset cos people have said he can post what he wants...theyre right. Of course he can.

I'm upset because people seem to think I've gone out of my way to try and make him feel bad. Which I haven't and wouldn't.

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

This thread changed direction slightly since my last contribution, the comedic value of which I feel has been lost within serious debate.

Now then, anyone for a cup of tea and a hob nob?

By *heslimoneMan  over a year ago

Deeside

He's been upset because you said he posted too many posts about mental health, you've been upset because people have said he can post what he wants. You've said he shouldn't let your comment stop him posting but then you let others comments stop you posting. I'm sorry you're both upset. Personally I think you both should post whatever the hell you want regardless of what others think but everybody is different and as both of your reactions have proved, that isn't possible for some.

I'm not upset cos people have said he can post what he wants...theyre right. Of course he can.

I'm upset because people seem to think I've gone out of my way to try and make him feel bad. Which I haven't and wouldn't."

It's spur of the moment, get something off your chest stuff. Honestly not worth getting upset about, easier said than done i know as bruises take time to fade. Try not to dwell on it and throw yourself in to some random nonsense thread

I'm upset because people seem to think I've gone out of my way to try and make him feel bad. Which I haven't and wouldn't.

It's spur of the moment, get something off your chest stuff. Honestly not worth getting upset about, easier said than done i know as bruises take time to fade. Try not to dwell on it and throw yourself in to some random nonsense thread"

You're right! Thankfully I have some wonderful friends on the forums who have helped massively today.

I'm diving face first into silliness now

Llanelli

"This thread changed direction slightly since my last contribution, the comedic value of which I feel has been lost within serious debate.

Now then, anyone for a cup of tea and a hob nob?"

Very good combo, love a hobnob

Liverpool

I'm upset because people seem to think I've gone out of my way to try and make him feel bad. Which I haven't and wouldn't."

You can only guess what people think. What has been said is that it has upset him. Which is true. Just as its true that others comments have upset you. You both can choose how you respond to that, which seems to have been in the same way.