FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming world

Slimming world

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entleman4MMF OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Has anyone used Slimming world? I've just started and wonder how successful it is.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

It's the easiest one to follow and stick to as its so simple. I'm currently back on it and doing well. X

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"Has anyone used Slimming world? I've just started and wonder how successful it is."

I've used it on and off for 5 years, or so. Very successful while you're on it, but I always put the weight back on when I leave. (I guess the plan would be not to leave! But some things always seem to crop up) x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been there and done it a few times and as everyone says, come of the plan and the weight goes back on. SW do say their plan is for life so they do not hide behind that fact.

I have decided at my age I should know how eat less and move more by now, so just trying to oust some of the bad habits and welcome in some new.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've known quite a few people who use it and it does seem to be successful but as others have said it doesn't seem to work long term. Also the people I've known who are on it get a bit obsessed with food.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Has anyone used Slimming world? I've just started and wonder how successful it is."

To make profit, they design a model that doesn't work longer term so keeps paying customers coming back.

Any changes you make will be for life.

I was on it lost 3 stone , came off it and gradually gained 2 stone back, thinking of a restart now though.

I did it for a few months, I lost a stone..but I put it back on. It works but it doesn't promote healthy eating really, because you can eat as much as you like of some things. So you are not learning about calories or portion control. X

I have a friend who went from size 20-22 to 10! So yes it does work for some.

For me its worked in the sort term but I prefer WW as there is more flexibility and more emphases on portion control.

On SW you get 15 syns a day so if you go out for dinner or to a friends you have to be very careful on what you have, with WW everything is pointed so you have more flexibility as you just have lower point food in the day then have more choice.

Good luck with it OP.

"I've known quite a few people who use it and it does seem to be successful but as others have said it doesn't seem to work long term. Also the people I've known who are on it get a bit obsessed with food. "

This is very true about getting obsessed, thats why I stopped.

seems like a good place to meet women.

hang on. they all depressed

pass.....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've known quite a few people who use it and it does seem to be successful but as others have said it doesn't seem to work long term. Also the people I've known who are on it get a bit obsessed with food.

This is very true about getting obsessed, thats why I stopped. "

I also don't think it's healthy to refer to some food as "syns"

seriously though i hope it works out.

we got a venue that has slimming world meetings there and before covid seemed to be doing really well.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"seems like a good place to meet women.

pass....."

I love BBW it is great to meet ladies.

By *entlegiant26Man  over a year ago

Staffs Nr,Alton Towers

I'm at target now after losing 3.5 stone,Took me 12months this time,Was on it before but easy too get back into again

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Been there and done it a few times and as everyone says, come of the plan and the weight goes back on. SW do say their plan is for life so they do not hide behind that fact.

I have decided at my age I should know how eat less and move more by now, so just trying to oust some of the bad habits and welcome in some new."

I think this will permanently modify my diet. From now on Ill have a greatly reduced dairy and bread intake.

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I’ve done it before for a few years, my best advice is don’t waste your money. Download my fitness pal work out your calorie intake and follow James Smith on social media he has some great advice and it’s all free!

"Has anyone used Slimming world? I've just started and wonder how successful it is.

I've used it on and off for 5 years, or so. Very successful while you're on it, but I always put the weight back on when I leave. (I guess the plan would be not to leave! But some things always seem to crop up) x"

That is how they make their money... It's designed to fail

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I’ve done it before for a few years, my best advice is don’t waste your money. Download my fitness pal work out your calorie intake and follow James Smith on social media he has some great advice and it’s all free! "

I am on a 6 week plan. I think by the end of it I can carry on the eating habbits without going paying a weekly subscription.

I originally lost four stone, I found it easy to stick too, and was never hungry x

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Has anyone used Slimming world? I've just started and wonder how successful it is.

I originally lost four stone, I found it easy to stick too, and was never hungry x"

Are you still paying the weekly fee?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

pass....."

What on earth makes you think that?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I’ve done it before for a few years, my best advice is don’t waste your money. Download my fitness pal work out your calorie intake and follow James Smith on social media he has some great advice and it’s all free! "

My fitness pal is a great app.

London

I used to be almost 21 stones 12 years ago. Lost it all and kept it off by going keto. No counting, no cravings, no deprivation and I'm healthier now than I was in my 30's.

I went to Slimming World once, my mistake I was supposed to be in Specsavers next door, I tried shaking hands with the hat stand again.

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I’ve done it before for a few years, my best advice is don’t waste your money. Download my fitness pal work out your calorie intake and follow James Smith on social media he has some great advice and it’s all free!

I am on a 6 week plan. I think by the end of it I can carry on the eating habbits without going paying a weekly subscription."

You will see results because as you’re counting your syns and your “free food” you are still in a calorie deficit. Which is how you loose weight in the first place. It’s basically cutting the middle man/woman (SW) out and saving your £5 a week.

Count your calories save your money and don’t feel guilty about have a pizza or some junk food.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I’ve done slimming world and weight watchers and had some success with both.

I’m now bigger than I’ve ever been, though, due to the menopause.

Whilst part of me is tempted to rejoin one of them - another part tells me I’m an intelligent woman who probably knows more about food, exercise and nutrition than most - and I just need to limit portion sizes and do more cardio to increase my metabolism along with fat burning and toning exercises as I lose it.

I could write a book on the bloody thing - but when my tummy rumbles I ignore it all and go to the fridge/cupboards!

To lose weight successfully long term, self discipline will always have to play the biggest part! X

I've been on it for a year, lost 3st so far.

I'd recommend it

"I used to be almost 21 stones 12 years ago. Lost it all and kept it off by going keto. No counting, no cravings, no deprivation and I'm healthier now than I was in my 30's."

Missus does Keto that and works for her, she also weight trains as she hates running.. She never been happier took a few years to finally nail it Down.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I’ve done slimming world and weight watchers and had some success with both.

Whilst part of me is tempted to rejoin one of them - another part tells me I’m an intelligent woman who probably knows more about food, exercise and nutrition than most - and I just need to limit portion sizes and do more cardio to increase my metabolism along with fat burning and toning exercises as I lose it.

I could write a book on the bloody thing - but when my tummy rumbles I ignore it all and go to the fridge/cupboards!

To lose weight successfully long term, self discipline will always have to play the biggest part! X"

Did the free food work for you?

London

"I used to be almost 21 stones 12 years ago. Lost it all and kept it off by going keto. No counting, no cravings, no deprivation and I'm healthier now than I was in my 30's.

Missus does Keto that and works for her, she also weight trains as she hates running.. She never been happier took a few years to finally nail it Down.

"

It sets you free

"I used to be almost 21 stones 12 years ago. Lost it all and kept it off by going keto. No counting, no cravings, no deprivation and I'm healthier now than I was in my 30's.

It sets you free "

Yeah did you use anything like ashwaganda drops?

London

It sets you free

Yeah did you use anything like ashwaganda drops? "

No, I just eat real food.

It sets you free

Yeah did you use anything like ashwaganda drops?

No, I just eat real food."

The ashwaganda helps with mood, i think when the body was adapting, her mood.. lets say alittle Sharpe lol she is through it now. Anyway all good to you

By *lasphemouscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I didn't get on with slimming world but weight watchers helped for me for the first 6 months of weight loss.

After that it just clicked for me what I can and can't have and in what quantity etc so I continued on my own. In the last 3 years I have lost 8 stone (50kgs)

And maintaining that loss now fairly easily. It's all about balance,

Calorie deficit is how to loose weight, eat less than you do basically.

If you eat more, Do more go compensate. Good luck, just remember it's a lifestyle change not a diet for lasting results.

pass....."

Hangry!

Prestonish

"I’ve done slimming world and weight watchers and had some success with both.

To lose weight successfully long term, self discipline will always have to play the biggest part! X

Did the free food work for you?"

Yes - but I tried not to overdo the ‘unlimited’ amounts of it and tried to exercise a level of portion control as I wanted to shrink my stomach too. I also - though you don’t have to - had wholewheat pasta and whole grain rice etc as I wanted to feel healthier as well as look it.

It all worked but I lapsed after my holiday - and then the menopause hit me and my metabolism has sunk through the floor!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I’ve done it before for a few years, my best advice is don’t waste your money. Download my fitness pal work out your calorie intake and follow James Smith on social media he has some great advice and it’s all free!

I am on a 6 week plan. I think by the end of it I can carry on the eating habbits without going paying a weekly subscription.

You will see results because as you’re counting your syns and your “free food” you are still in a calorie deficit. Which is how you loose weight in the first place. It’s basically cutting the middle man/woman (SW) out and saving your £5 a week.

Count your calories save your money and don’t feel guilty about have a pizza or some junk food.

"

I've been doing it myself at home.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I've been doing it myself at home. "

How has that worked out?

By *ecks74Woman  over a year ago

wrexham

I’ve lost 53lb since January on Slimming world, don’t see it as a diet I’ve changed my lifestyle

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I’ve lost 53lb since January on Slimming world, don’t see it as a diet I’ve changed my lifestyle "

I think that is what I have to do.

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Started a year ago ...Daughter lost 2 stone ..Sue 2 stone ..Ben over 4 stone ...eating well ..exercise ...and off sugars .cakes etc ....eating lots of chicken meals and veg ....and fruit ..and we are still keeping it off

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I've been doing it myself at home.

How has that worked out?"

Pretty good, it just takes a bit more discipline, but my housemate is doing it with me, so that helps.

Yes lost a huge amount years ago but recently re started and they now have a scan app, very useful, I scan literally every bar code so informative and helps instantly. Lost 11.5 lb in last 3 weeks. Just have to be dedicated. Good luck in your journey x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I did. The whole experience was rather uncomfortable. A room of 40 women and 2 guys. The level of conversation. And so on. But once I parked any prejudices.... It worked. I lost 27 pounds in 6 months. 9 lbs first week and progressively less till I stopped. I'd recommend it though as it worked.

It’s very well know so I’d imagine fir the majority it’s good hope some lovely people here can testify

Newcastle upon Tyne

Ive lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. This placeis heaven forca BBW admirer like me.

Totally

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Ive lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. This placeis heaven forca BBW admirer like me."

Well done Harry

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've seen a number of patients who successfully lost weight while adhering to its guidelines.

As soon as they were off it, they put most, if not all of it, back on.

People seem to forget that long lasting dietary / lifestyle changes are required to maintain their hard won gains.

I’ve been saying this needed to happen for years, and now it finally has! Super excited, I can’t wait to get my tickets, pack my bags and enjoy a fortnight there.

Oh, sorry misread the thread title, thought it said rimming world.

I’ll get my coat and call my own taxi...

Prestonish

"Ive lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. This placeis heaven forca BBW admirer like me."

Well done lovely!

You’ll be gutted when all the ladies get towards goal then?

By *orthfieldsNickMan  over a year ago

Ealing

Worked for me - I lost about 3 stone

Works for me I've lost just over a stone in 3weeks

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Ive lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. This placeis heaven forca BBW admirer like me.

Well done lovely!

You’ll be gutted when all the ladies get towards goal then? "

I lost 3lbs this week. Still plenty of BBW hottie.

Well done on the big losses ladies.

Newcastle upon Tyne

And Nick

i have a better plan for weight loss ladies.

my mate has a dobermann and he will chase you all day

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"i have a better plan for weight loss ladies.

my mate has a dobermann and he will chase you all day "

Your mate or the dog?

"i have a better plan for weight loss ladies.

my mate has a dobermann and he will chase you all day

Your mate or the dog?"

oh the dog. he very fast but friendly as he carries a toy rabbit in his mouth

Newcastle upon Tyne

3.5lbs this week. No BBWs to perv at the meeting, will try a later meeting.

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

some slimming world stuff isn't half bad. But my six pack is still in hiding

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

It worked for me 7 years ago, I lost 4 stone but left thinking I could do it on my own, couldn't and gained everything back. Are meetings open again as I haven't had any contact from the consultant?

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

It works if you want it to work.

Pretty straightforward to follow.

No good if you are in a self sabotaging frame of mind.

Like anything really. You have to buy into it.

I dont follow diets i eat and drink the same things but the hard fact is you got to eat less.

I never have breakfast and have a big meal at night that suits me because you have something to look forward to if I went on a traditional diet having 4 meals a day I would pack it up very quickly.

I have lost 18kg and in the habit of eating less.

Still drink about15 pints a week

I first commented on this post 4 weeks ago I’d lost 11.5 lb Iv now lost 25lb its definitely working it’s not a quick fix u do need to be determined

Blackpool

"I first commented on this post 4 weeks ago I’d lost 11.5 lb Iv now lost 25lb its definitely working it’s not a quick fix u do need to be determined "
Good for you...you know how to do it ...bet people start noticing which is really encouraging

"I've seen a number of patients who successfully lost weight while adhering to its guidelines.

As soon as they were off it, they put most, if not all of it, back on.

People seem to forget that long lasting dietary / lifestyle changes are required to maintain their hard won gains."

Diets are easy. Keeping it going is hard.

"I first commented on this post 4 weeks ago I’d lost 11.5 lb Iv now lost 25lb its definitely working it’s not a quick fix u do need to be determined Good for you...you know how to do it ...bet people start noticing which is really encouraging "

Yes I’m a want everything yesterday type of girl and it’s a bit disheartening when it’s only 2lb sometimes but Iv stuck with it and looking back it’s actually came off quicker than it felt I’m just making more conscious choices it’s simply educating yourself xxx

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I first commented on this post 4 weeks ago I’d lost 11.5 lb Iv now lost 25lb its definitely working it’s not a quick fix u do need to be determined "

I need to adopt some of these eating habits permanently. I seem to be only making small changes that are easy to make permanent. I hope to break the 1 stone lost this week.

By *G999Man  over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

I've got friends who've used it a number of times to "get ready for holiday"... they always put the weight back on after.

I had a look at some of their recipes, they looked pretty good but I wonder how much they aim to limit your actual food education to keep you coming back?

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I've got friends who've used it a number of times to "get ready for holiday"... they always put the weight back on after.

I had a look at some of their recipes, they looked pretty good but I wonder how much they aim to limit your actual food education to keep you coming back?

"

I lost 5lbs this week. The food education is not limited by SW. I have made a few changes and if I stick to them I'll maintain my weight.

By *otterabzMan  over a year ago

Ellon

I lost 4 stone in SW a few years back. Have put about 1.5 back on. I never looked in it as a life long thing, just a means to an end. To maintain loss, in my opinion, it’s better to educate yourself about nutrition, which SW doesn’t really do. Ultimately, less calories in than you are using up = weight loss. I’ll be honest, given the amount of carbs I ate whilst on the plan, as they were ‘free foods’, I have no idea how I managed to lose so much!

Blackpool

"I lost 4 stone in SW a few years back. Have put about 1.5 back on. I never looked in it as a life long thing, just a means to an end. To maintain loss, in my opinion, it’s better to educate yourself about nutrition, which SW doesn’t really do. Ultimately, less calories in than you are using up = weight loss. I’ll be honest, given the amount of carbs I ate whilst on the plan, as they were ‘free foods’, I have no idea how I managed to lose so much! "
Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I would have thought that somebody with your username wouldn't be encouraging people to use them.

I lost nearly 5 stone with it. It works. Most of that is back on now through pure negligence

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

All you need to do is track your food yourself using an app like My Fitness Pal.

Work out the calories you need and apportion your macros. Then just try to keep within them. Also do regular exercise.

I've done that and lost a stone and a dress size. I've really toned up all over and changed shape.

I lost 3 stone on Slimming World and hit my target last year. Best thing I ever did and with support from my group, I've kept the weight off.

The first stone came off super easy and then it slowed down to a pound or so a week. I found it so easy to follow, could still eat out and there was so much online support. Once you hit your target weight, it's free to attend classes, just to keep on top of things/get inspiration and see friends you've made.

I dreaded my first few meetings but everyone was so lovely... Inviting me out on walks with them, swapping recipe ideas and keeping in touch via Facebook. No where as daunting as I thought. Best of luck with it x

Newcastle upon Tyne

I would have thought that somebody with your username wouldn't be encouraging people to use them. "

I am in heaven at the meeting.

It doesn't teach you anything about nutrition, so whilst you will likely lose weight on it, it's not sustainable whilst off it. Better to do RHfitness where you actually learn about macros, calories etc and can keep off the weight you lose.

My wife has tried a few different ones and SW is the best in our opinion; I saw ‘our’ as I would have the same evening meal as her and often lunches at the weekend too.

Lots of very tasty recipes but you do have to stick to it.

» Add a new message to this topic