FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Making the world very slightly better

Making the world very slightly better

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *partharmony OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ruislip

You know those messages that you have received or heard about that just go "Hi" or "Wanna meet?" as if that's all the effort it takes? The ones where they don't have anything to say and expect the receiver to lead the conversation?

Well just for a while I've decided that instead of binning them automatically, I'm going to answer a few. I'll either see if they can actually manage a conversation, or I'll give them an explanation of why their approach is just not going to get anywhere with us (and most likely anybody else). I'm going to try explaining that it takes more than a cock photo, profile text of "looking for fun" and a FAF message to pique most people's interest.

I just hoping that somebody somewhere examines their position and realises they need to do better. Maybe there should be a support group for the guys who realise their attitude was all wrong but want to change.

Am I wasting my time? Is this ridiculous or a mildly interesting social experiment? Does anybody want to join the crusade? Or am I living in a fantasy land?

Luke

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Once you answer them with words of more than two syllables they wont reply anyway

Ruislip

"Once you answer them with words of more than two syllables they wont reply anyway "

I know what you mean. I sent a hello back to an even shorter initial message 10 minutes after it came in and I haven't heard anything more in three days.

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

Now and again someone will message 'hi' and I will reply back with the same message, I will then get asked if I'm ok to which I reply yes and that's it end of conversation by them. Seems like people who send short messages don't like receiving them

Ruislip

"Now and again someone will message 'hi' and I will reply back with the same message, I will then get asked if I'm ok to which I reply yes and that's it end of conversation by them. Seems like people who send short messages don't like receiving them "

Yes. I like to think I'm making them squirm a bit. It's like they want me to be leading the conversation but I refuse to do that and I can see them struggling to keep the conversation going because they don't get many.

I think they just want us to cave into their charms, cut the small talk and invite them round for a shag.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've tried doing this before.

I got half abuse and half just fucked off

But I'll await your results with interest. Can you spread sheet it please?

I don't see how that's gonna make the world slightly better

I'd see it as a social experiment. Be interesting if at least one turned into a proper conversation as the person mighy just be shy or not confident. Good luck and report any results

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Just shows they're just trying their luck and not investing in that profile as just because they write a personal well thought message, the person gona fall for them and want to meet. They probably sent "hi" messages to at least 10 people aday... writing anymore will turn it into a full-time job and surely men don't have time for that?

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Personally, if they want any response or higher chance of a response, just write a short thoughful personal question... thats what I do

I've done this before. Many men can't be arsed writing a message more than "hi" because most are deleted or ignored. I don't blame them.

Some reply and we have a really good conversation. They appreciate being treated like a human, even if we aren't compatible.

Some just want a fuck and anything more than Hi is too much effort. I respect that.

Ruislip

I have concluded my experiment after three weeks. I replied to every single message we received.

On the plus side I received no abuse.

When guys asked to meet I asked them if they had read our profile (where it gives them the answer in advance). I never heard from any of them again.

If they sent a one-word greeting I sent the same back. Several were never even read. Some were and we never heard anything more from them. The rest had a mild attempt at a conversation. I can safely say that none of those people had anything more interesting to say.

So there you are. I think that from experience we are totally justified just binning any message that is just a one-word greeting and that is what will happen from now on.

I did deliver one snottogram to a guy whose opening message was pure disrespectful filth and nothing came back from him. I don't know whether he paid any attention to what he received back. If he did and understood then I hope I have made the world very very slightly better, but somehow I doubt it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Great experiment All for improving the world

This was an interesting read and has definitely made me feel better about ignoring my inbox, thank you

» Add a new message to this topic