FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > insurance

insurance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its a month ago today since the place i worked in was destroyed by fire.

I worked in a pub/hotel, the owners lived on the top floor in the private quarters.

The pub was insured but the living accomodation wasn't, so sadly they have lost everything they ever posessed, from family pictures to clothes etc, etc.

Also the night before the fire, my friends mum's shop also burnt to the ground, the house neighbouring was severely damaged.

Luckily the shop is well on its way to being rebuilt, but the neighbours house isnt, guess why? she wasn't insured, but she presumed she could clain from the shop anyway, seen as the fire started there....NO she cant , thats not how it works,

So how many of you aint got any contents insurance,

i know its sounds daft, but i know loads of people who have'nt, and since the weekend of fires they have all gone and got contents insurance....

Suprising how many people dont have the correct insurance, cuz beliebe you me, if an insurance company can get out of paying, they will I bid u all to check yr ins' docs to make sure there upto date....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Aww this thread looked lonely so i thought id say insurance yes all contents covered here

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanx for the reply puss. think i'l stick to my crap posts they get more responce lol

"thanx for the reply puss. think i'l stick to my crap posts they get more responce lol

"

I know u try and talk sensible and get nothing but talk aload of bollocks and hey presto ... its a funny old world

I do really need to get some ....

ahem ,

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

"thanx for the reply puss. think i'l stick to my crap posts they get more responce lol

"

No, please don't.

It's thought provoking and so doesn't get the crap responses the others get.

Thanks

By *ayceeCouple  over a year ago

northampton

Lifes a bitch. You pay your money and companies do all they can to get out of paying you your due. At a time you need support you get stress!! We are covered but probably not adequately, will sort it tomorrow. Thanks Pure xxx

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Pics of me as a kid are worse than my ugly mug now, good riddance to mine I say x

Plenty of houses round here where caught out by flooding the other year, and had no insurance, or policies that the insurance companies managed worm their way out of. If there's slightest crack they sneak out of they will do

Insurance companies can and will find a way to wriggle out of almost anything. Even when you think you are well covered they often can find a way out of paying up

I hate them - parastites, that's what they are

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm covered. Its so inportand and people don't think anything is going to happen to them. But it does!

When my friend lived in a flat in London she didn't have insurance and she was shocked on day when she came home and found she had been burgled, I couldn't believe she had no insurance. She well I didn't think anyone could get in and especially up to the top floor! I said "what if there had been a fire and you had lost everything?" She hadn't thought of that!

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

Slightly off-topic but I thought this might be worth sharing. I have my contents insurance with a certain firm I probably shouldn't name (think red telephones), and my policy came up for renewal start of this month. At the same time they ran a TV ad saying '50% off contents insurance - for new customers only' which I thought was a bit of a two-fingers to long standing customers so I rang them up and said so.

To my surprise, the (actually very helpful) chap there went away and chatted to his supervisor, came back and offered me a renewal price that was (very nearly) 50% of what it should have been.

The moral of this story? If you don't ask, you won't get. So, if you wanna shag me, you'd best ask

Its a strange thing (most) people wouldn't think of driving a car without insurance, yet they'd leave probably one of the biggest purchases of their lives un covered.

xxx

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"Insurance companies can and will find a way to wriggle out of almost anything. Even when you think you are well covered they often can find a way out of paying up

I hate them - parastites, that's what they are "

Insurance companies do indeed have a nasty habit of trying to wriggle out of their obligations to clients. I suspect they do it to try to recoup some of the money they lose through fake insurance claims.

» Add a new message to this topic