FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fabbing...

Fabbing...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abon OP   Woman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

Ever wish you could fab someone’s profile?

Sometimes I can’t fab the pics - there aren’t any public ones, or I’m not a fan of the ones they are showing, but they have a really great profile. Don’t necessarily want to start a dialogue either...but I just want to say I like or appreciate their personality.

Be a good new feature...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What, forced contact....?

Message them to say so without starting a conversation

"Message them to say so without starting a conversation "

Yeah...but that feels rubbish...going out of my way to say I like your personality but I don’t want to talk to you?!

"What, forced contact....? "

No...the opposite! Just an act of appreciation

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes

Just fabbed yours btw OP....

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

You never reply when I do

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"What, forced contact....? "

Heaven forbid

"Message them to say so without starting a conversation

Yeah...but that feels rubbish...going out of my way to say I like your personality but I don’t want to talk to you?! "

When I get compliments I just reply thank you and if they want to start a convo they would message again otherwise I leave it at that and I assume it is the untold rule

"Just fabbed yours btw OP...."

Not my profile tho...and that was my point.

But thank you

"What, forced contact....?

Heaven forbid "

Hey you

Cwtches n stuff....

You never reply when I do "

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Heaven forbid

Hey you

Cwtches n stuff...."

Shwmae

"Just fabbed yours btw OP....

But thank you "

I know, but some ppl want to be discreet or anonymous and only receive contact from certain ppl. Some dudes for example (not me) already have hang ups about fabs from ppl of different sexualities.....

Heaven forbid

Hey you

Cwtches n stuff....

Shwmae "

I'll get out Google translate....

By *lappyMan  over a year ago

Manchester

good idea

Yeah...but that feels rubbish...going out of my way to say I like your personality but I don’t want to talk to you?!

When I get compliments I just reply thank you and if they want to start a convo they would message again otherwise I leave it at that and I assume it is the untold rule "

I do sometimes message, for example, after a good thread post, and that’s kind of self limiting, unless you chat further. And I would (and have) messaged to say saying I like your profile. I’d just like the option to fab.

If I message, it’s usually because I want to chat.

When I get compliments I just reply thank you and if they want to start a convo they would message again otherwise I leave it at that and I assume it is the untold rule

I do sometimes message, for example, after a good thread post, and that’s kind of self limiting, unless you chat further. And I would (and have) messaged to say saying I like your profile. I’d just like the option to fab.

If I message, it’s usually because I want to chat. "

So you want to message ppl to compliment them on pictures without starting a conversation but when you message it is because you want to chat ?

But thank you

I know, but some ppl want to be discreet or anonymous and only receive contact from certain ppl. Some dudes for example (not me) already have hang ups about fabs from ppl of different sexualities....."

Would it be different to fab a profile vs fabbing pics? And if your profile explicitly said you were straight, people probably wouldn’t fab it, would they?

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Ever wish you could fab someone’s profile?

Sometimes I can’t fab the pics - there aren’t any public ones, or I’m not a fan of the ones they are showing, but they have a really great profile. Don’t necessarily want to start a dialogue either...but I just want to say I like or appreciate their personality.

Be a good new feature... "

That's quite interesting actually. A novel idea though i'm not sure if it would work well. People might be tempted to fab it more to try to get attention rather than actually finding it pleasing.

Some people have messaged me out of the blue just to compliment me on mine. Very flattering that is

Yeah...but that feels rubbish...going out of my way to say I like your personality but I don’t want to talk to you?! "

I would have no problem doing that

I sometimes wish you could fab status updates

So you want to message ppl to compliment them on pictures without starting a conversation but when you message it is because you want to chat ?

"

Exactly. I didn’t know about the ‘unspoken rule’...but there’s a lot I don’t know

Tbh, if I messaged someone to say I like their profile and they just said ‘cheers’...I might think they were a bit...erm...arrogant...sorry!!

I often message women to say, look don’t get the wrong idea, but I admire your inner beauty and the way you’ve styled your photos, but in no way am I interested in you in any other Capacity, I repeat no other capacity. They usually just block me

"Ever wish you could fab someone’s profile?

Be a good new feature...

That's quite interesting actually. A novel idea though i'm not sure if it would work well. People might be tempted to fab it more to try to get attention rather than actually finding it pleasing.

Some people have messaged me out of the blue just to compliment me on mine. Very flattering that is "

You’d hope that they’d read it...or at least more likely they’ve read it.

I know you're probably talking about me, so thanks OP. X

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I just send them the compliment I want to say in a message

But thank you

I know, but some ppl want to be discreet or anonymous and only receive contact from certain ppl. Some dudes for example (not me) already have hang ups about fabs from ppl of different sexualities.....

Would it be different to fab a profile vs fabbing pics? And if your profile explicitly said you were straight, people probably wouldn’t fab it, would they? "

Oh they do, I'm cool with that and I take it as a compliment, half of my fans are from gay guys but so what. I do get a little creeped out by some ppl who view or fab repeatedly, but not because of sexality. Often there are just some really creepy folk who set up new accounts every week so you can't block them, and I'm just a lowly middle aged man....

Isn't what you're talking about already available with the wink function...? x

"

Reread your comment...no...if I like the pic, I fab the pic. I want to be able to fab the profile, without opening up a dialogue at that point.

I would have no problem doing that "

Send me a paragraph I can cut and paste

"I know you're probably talking about me, so thanks OP. X"

Obvs x

Could just say you admire their style! I’m sure most will just appreciate that!

Reread your comment...no...if I like the pic, I fab the pic. I want to be able to fab the profile, without opening up a dialogue at that point. "

But if the pic doesn't let you fab it....

But thank you

Would it be different to fab a profile vs fabbing pics? And if your profile explicitly said you were straight, people probably wouldn’t fab it, would they?

Oh they do, I'm cool with that and I take it as a compliment, half of my fans are from gay guys but so what. I do get a little creeped out by some ppl who view or fab repeatedly, but not because of sexality. Often there are just some really creepy folk who set up new accounts every week so you can't block them, and I'm just a lowly middle aged man....

Isn't what you're talking about already available with the wink function...? x"

No...I mean their actual profile wording, not the entire profile. Sorry...maybe I wasn’t clear enough

When I get compliments I just reply thank you and if they want to start a convo they would message again otherwise I leave it at that and I assume it is the untold rule "

This ^ xx

"

This is exactly whay I do - I put in my title "No reply required" and then put the compliment in the text box.

Only once I have never had a reply to thank me or a bit of a conversation. It then fizzles out or we have found a friend

Ive had messages complimenting me on past profiles..

And 1 cheeky git stole one of my better profiles word for word so he must have liked it

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I sometimes wish you could fab status updates "

You'd be page 1 of the hot dad jokes daily.

Guess I’ve learned a new rule

Tho I’d still Ike the feature

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I do this as well. I might offer some praise of my own in turn if their profile is good and leave it there. I've no way of knowing if the purpose of the message was just a complement or to serve simultaneously an ice breaker. I'll reply with just enough to allow them to re engage if the latter was the case.

"I sometimes wish you could fab status updates

You'd be page 1 of the hot dad jokes daily. "

Its my superpower (should I be worried )

"I know you're probably talking about me, so thanks OP. X

Obvs x"

How have I never seen your May 3rd video?

I often write to people to tell them I really enjoyed reading their profile. There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive. It's always appreciated by the recipients

"I know you're probably talking about me, so thanks OP. X

Obvs x

How have I never seen your May 3rd video? "

Only you can answer that!

But thank you

No...I mean their actual profile wording, not the entire profile. Sorry...maybe I wasn’t clear enough "

So would there be a page for top wording? I think that'd be better than the nonsense we have with top pics. A thousand words can paint a pretty genuine picture....

But thank you

No...I mean their actual profile wording, not the entire profile. Sorry...maybe I wasn’t clear enough

So would there be a page for top wording? I think that'd be better than the nonsense we have with top pics. A thousand words can paint a pretty genuine picture.... "

I reckon this could drive some great profile wording...all the people who want a bit of connection and personality would have somewhere to start!

Tho maybe not 1000 words

But thank you

So would there be a page for top wording? I think that'd be better than the nonsense we have with top pics. A thousand words can paint a pretty genuine picture....

I reckon this could drive some great profile wording...all the people who want a bit of connection and personality would have somewhere to start!

Tho maybe not 1000 words "

You can appreciate my personality anytime, OP

"You can appreciate my personality anytime, OP "

You just need to write another 990 words and then I will

If I like a profile for whatever reason I wink them. I never expect a reply. I also mention it on my profile.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Yes, there are definitely some profiles on here we'd Fab given the opportunity.

I wish I got more fabs, and tend not to message people who fab (out of consideration)

DO you think woman/couples don't fab because they are in Stealth Mode and don't want to reveal their cloaking you ...

I do this occasionally. I've made the odd friend friend this way.

"You can appreciate my personality anytime, OP

You just need to write another 990 words and then I will "

Sometimes words are not needed..

"You can appreciate my personality anytime, OP

You just need to write another 990 words and then I will

Sometimes words are not needed.. "

Ok...I got no words now x