FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sydney Uni and Chinese Whispers

Sydney Uni and Chinese Whispers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So for years now i've seen various people copy and paste that rather infamous line of text regarding permission to use photos from Sydney Uni.

So as someone who's run into plenty of "you will die in the next day if you don't repost this" memes and spam, I have two questions.

1: Was there EVER any source on this, as I can't find anything about any university taking photos from a sex site without permission.

2: Do people think this will actually make a difference in any legal standing over the already existing site terms?

I'm doubting if this was anything other than rumour mill and some reactionary took it upon themselves to play lawyer and start spreading panic amongst the masses.

Also either the permission to scrape photos will be in the site agreement or it won't. No additional line of text in your profile seems to make any difference to my mind.

Either you'll have some naturally installed legal protection or you won't. Either people/companies will respect that already existent legal protection or they won't.

Did anyone ever think to check on this? Or do they seem to just do it out of a sense of paranoia when they see other people doing it?

There is already this legal status provided by the site in the terms which you can check at the bottom of the page in section 9B.

To me at least it just looks like a bad idea to post it. For various reasons.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No it's all a load of crap!

If i see it on a profile i just use it as one more filter...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic