FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What if the big bang never happened?

What if the big bang never happened?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To me it seem that the scientist have accepted an easy version of how it happen based on computer models as it is too complicated for us to understand of how it really happened, what about an alternative version that there was a universe with no beginning or end?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

The big bang theory has been around before computer modelling. Scientists don't just accept it because a computer told them. There is evidence behind it and it has proved to be a reliable explanation.

What alternative are you proposing and what evidence do you have for it? I'm not clear.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That is quite deep thinking for 8:28 on Wednesday AM.

I often wonder if there are replications of the big bang happening in the universe and beyond it, infant planets formed just like Earth did.

I mean, Earth cannot be unique.. there must be planet just like it at varying levels of development

But it did! There isn't another feasible explanation without looking into fictional stories

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

All these scientists saying it did happen, many saying it didnt .

Some say the Universe ends , some dont .

I should be a University Lecturer on this subject .

I would walk to the front of the class and stun the world and my students with the truth .

" We dont fucking know " .

End of lesson

"That is quite deep thinking for 8:28 on Wednesday AM.

I often wonder if there are replications of the big bang happening in the universe and beyond it, infant planets formed just like Earth did.

I mean, Earth cannot be unique.. there must be planet just like it at varying levels of development

"

Unless we are the first and Nature realised what a mistake that was..

Question is if everything we know started with the big bang what was before the big bang ?? What caused the big bang ? Where did everything come that makes up the galaxies ? Its all theoretical at present with some science modeling that matches what is...the simple answer its the best guesstimate given what we know now..but they are discovering more and more, trying to match it to the theories they have..a new discovery that didn't match predicted theories was made recently regarding the theory of black holes and super novas etc..oops it was totally new and didn't match....

"

There absolutely is, not from a Big Bang level but stars and planets are constantly being born and dying and with that, planets.

There’s evidence both mars and Venus at one point held the keys to life in our solar system, maybe not life like ours but life of sorts. Albeit several billion years ago. And theories that moons like Titan, will, in several billion years time be able to support life too.

"

Yes it is quite early for it, but it is an interesting question

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

You’ve got too much time on your hands shag ....

Unless we are the first and Nature realised what a mistake that was.. "

Earth was never a mistake...Maybe some creatures were a mistake, I often wonder if our species is not native to Earth, you never see animals native to an area destroy their habitat...

There absolutely is, not from a Big Bang level but stars and planets are constantly being born and dying and with that, planets.

There’s evidence both mars and Venus at one point held the keys to life in our solar system, maybe not life like ours but life of sorts. Albeit several billion years ago. And theories that moons like Titan, will, in several billion years time be able to support life too.

"

Oh yes of course, new formations all over the galaxy including stars but are there any like Earth? As old as or older which could hold life.. or the elements which give life... or do have life on them in way of plants and bugs.

Yes it is quite early for it, but it is an interesting question "

Very thought provoking

Oh yes of course, new formations all over the galaxy including stars but are there any like Earth? As old as or older which could hold life.. or the elements which give life... or do have life on them in way of plants and bugs. "

That’s the thing isn’t it.

The fact that two or three other planets in our solar system hold or held the keys would suggest that it’s probable, however the fact these other solar systems are entirely out of reach, even if we developed faster than light travel, means I don’t think we will be able to confirm it in my life time.

Oh yes of course, new formations all over the galaxy including stars but are there any like Earth? As old as or older which could hold life.. or the elements which give life... or do have life on them in way of plants and bugs.

That’s the thing isn’t it.

The fact that two or three other planets in our solar system hold or held the keys would suggest that it’s probable, however the fact these other solar systems are entirely out of reach, even if we developed faster than light travel, means I don’t think we will be able to confirm it in my life time. "

You're right we won't. That nakes me sad a little bit

"You’ve got too much time on your hands shag ...."
No. I organise my time good

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Busby

We are all parts of a fuckin’ big computer game.

"Question is if everything we know started with the big bang what was before the big bang ?? What caused the big bang ? Where did everything come that makes up the galaxies ? Its all theoretical at present with some science modeling that matches what is...the simple answer its the best guesstimate given what we know now..but they are discovering more and more, trying to match it to the theories they have..a new discovery that didn't match predicted theories was made recently regarding the theory of black holes and super novas etc..oops it was totally new and didn't match...."
Yes I also wondered that, if the big bang theory is accepted what was there before? I think many cant accept another concept of it as that theory have been accepted of how it all started there.

Den of Iniquity

I'm not sure what happened nobody does.

There are approximately 100-400 Billion Stars in our Galaxy .

Each one of those with an average of 3 or 4 planets .

So let's say 1.2 Trillion Planets .

And that's just in our Galaxy alone .

Best guess is 100 Trillion Galaxies in the observable universe.

Which leaves us with approximately

1,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( 1 Billion Trillion ) Stars in the Universe, let's say approx 3 to 4 planets per star .

So that's roughly 4 Billion Trillion planets .

With laws of average and mathematical equations the chances of humans being the only organic life forms in the Universe are roughly...

0.000000000000000001% .

My point is that if the Universe was created in one big bang and out of all that we became the only life in it , what's the point of the Universe ??

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

"I'm not sure what happened nobody does.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( 1 Billion Trillion ) Stars in the Universe, let's say approx 3 to 4 planets per star .

With laws of average and mathematical equations the chances of humans being the only organic life forms in the Universe are roughly...

0.000000000000000001% .

My point is that if the Universe was created in one big bang and out of all that we became the only life in it , what's the point of the Universe ??"

Just to exist and to continue to exist, surely. With peace, sustainability and collaboration being the way to improve our odds.

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

I don't believe in the big bang, I don't believe in God and I don't believe in evolution.

As far as I'm concerned, all of those theories are utter bullshit.

There are theories like Ohm's law for example which actually make sense, but these ones have no basis.

As far as I'm concerned, the big bang theory is utterly non-scientific and it goes against all logic. Let me get this straight; we get some matter; blow it up, and it turns into something absolutely amazing. Maybe next time I have a BBQ, I'll blow up some garden waste in the hope that a beautiful 5 bedroom house appears on my land.

The god theory; some invisible person lives in the sky and he's super powerful. Are people invisible? Do people live in the sky? Maybe, but I have no reason to believe it.

Evolution; what the fuck is that about? Fish turned into frogs or whatever. One day it was swimming happily, the next day, some legs appeared and it decided to eat flies. What total nonsense! Lol.

Ah, this is a nice straight forward question which can be easily answered..

Den of Iniquity

"I don't believe in the big bang, I don't believe in God and I don't believe in evolution.

There are theories like Ohm's law for example which actually make sense, but these ones have no basis.

As far as I'm concerned, the big bang theory is utterly non-scientific and it goes against all logic. Let me get this straight; we get some matter; blow it up, and it turns into something absolutely amazing. Maybe next time I have a BBQ, I'll blow up some garden waste in the hope that a beautiful 5 bedroom house appears on my land.

The god theory; some invisible person lives in the sky and he's super powerful. Are people invisible? Do people live in the sky? Maybe, but I have no reason to believe it.

Evolution; what the fuck is that about? Fish turned into frogs or whatever. One day it was swimming happily, the next day, some legs appeared and it decided to eat flies. What total nonsense! Lol."

So what's your theory then ??

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

"I don't believe in the big bang, I don't believe in God and I don't believe in evolution.

Evolution; what the fuck is that about? Fish turned into frogs or whatever. One day it was swimming happily, the next day, some legs appeared and it decided to eat flies. What total nonsense! Lol. So what's your theory then ??"

The planet is here, were here and other animals are here. It's all amazingly perfect.

I have no comprehension as to how it came about.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The big bang theory has been around before computer modelling. Scientists don't just accept it because a computer told them. There is evidence behind it and it has proved to be a reliable explanation.

What alternative are you proposing and what evidence do you have for it? I'm not clear. "

If it didn't happen then scientists have misinterpreted a whole bunch of evidence, and some other form of matter expansion happened.

If it didn't we wouldn't be here to discuss it, see anthropic principle.

The only alternatives seem to be some form of infinite regression problem.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Quantum particles appear out of nowhere, this might explain something.

Nothing, in scientific terms this doesn't literally mean nothing (as in a vacuum), more that nothing was everything that exists now before it is as it is.

They think friction/energy is how the universe came to be. Because the universe is still expanding now (based on observing how things are moving in it) they think all the universes atoms were packed tightly together into a space the size of a pea. This created energy and the 'pea' expanded, it didn't explode as the big bang suggests.

You know what i think about the planets, don't think anyone has confirmed this (or denied it lol) but i base this idea on relativity...i think all the planets we have in our universe are this planet but at different stages in time.

I probably watch too much sci-fi and chat to too many physicists.

Den of Iniquity

"The big bang theory has been around before computer modelling. Scientists don't just accept it because a computer told them. There is evidence behind it and it has proved to be a reliable explanation.

What alternative are you proposing and what evidence do you have for it? I'm not clear.

If it didn't happen then scientists have misinterpreted a whole bunch of evidence, and some other form of matter expansion happened.

The only alternatives seem to be some form of infinite regression problem."

You lost me on " if "

"To me it seem that the scientist have accepted an easy version of how it happen based on computer models as it is too complicated for us to understand of how it really happened, what about an alternative version that there was a universe with no beginning or end? "

There is the theory thsy the "big bang" could have possibly been a collision of two otger dimensions.. Or two other universes... Or I've just butchered the theory.

Or maybe we aren't really here, just in a simulation. Or just vibrating energy and really in a dream world.

Manchester (she/her)

The only alternatives seem to be some form of infinite regression problem. You lost me on " if " "

Sorry

Den of Iniquity

The only alternatives seem to be some form of infinite regression problem. You lost me on " if "

Sorry "

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

There was an incredibly bad movie called Liquid Sky made in 1982 that includes the immortal line "I am an Astrophysicist" in reply to the offer of sex from the beautiful alien woman... Okay, crap film, nothing to do with this really, except "I am an astrophysicist", or at least studied it and remain interested in current research. So:

Big bang? Remains best theory that does match all astrophysical observations over the last 100 years or so. It doesn't pretend to be the complete story, and exact mathematical details have been and continue to be refined over the years. It also doesn't state anything about what happened "before", it is not a theory of everything and everywhen, just an attempt to give a mathematical description of the parts of everything and everywhen that we can actually see.

The alternative "steady state" theory of the universe always having been much the same, continuing from the infinite past to the infinite future with the night sky always being dark and full of stars and galaxies, is directly contradicted by observations made from the 1960's onwards.

This stuff really needs much more space than a post in a fab forum lol. A good explainer can give a flavour of it in an hour's lecture, covering any of the mathematical details needs a university semester course. Full understanding? People spend their entire lives working on fine details.

Anyone that would like to talk in more detail, or would like suggestions of reference material - just drop me a line.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The scientific method is just a process to systematically evaluate what we know, which may or may not support our proposed theories. We get to establish what best fits all of the known evidence, which may be a range of options, rather than just 1.

We may formulate better ideas, which could come from anyone in the world, with some eventually being viewed as more likely than earlier ones.

It's unusual for theories not to have criticx - they'll have been critically evaluated by even the proposer, as that's the scientific process

If we have good evidence, it's still important to keep an open mind. Rather than just stating something isn't correct, we need to explain why this is the case, what's more fitting of the evidence instead and then justify our proposal.

The evidence doesn't seem to suggest that things have always been like this. It's worth taking a look at what the science tells us about this theory, so that you gain an insight into why it's around.

I'm mostly inclined to think it, or something very similar, is behind our universe's origins

Central

[Removed by poster at 24/06/20 14:07:57]

Central

Evolution; what the fuck is that about? Fish turned into frogs or whatever. One day it was swimming happily, the next day, some legs appeared and it decided to eat flies. What total nonsense! Lol."

I can relate to the God theory detail but your overview of the Big Bang and evolution theories seem way off what they propose.

Evolution, for example -

The ongoing process of organisms having random mutations, especially in a changing world, allows for the individuals with the mutations that are most suitable for survival and reproduction, for the environment they're in, gain advantages that the rest don't have and are thus have greater likelihood of survival. Many cumulative changes eventually can result in different species, which would be unable to reproduce with the same organism as their ancestors were. Over very long periods of time, vast levels of accumulated differences can give rise to many different species, possibly all living and prospering in different unique habitats.

Our species has been shown to have some of the DNA that Neanderthals did, because it appears that some of our and Neanderthals ancestors had sex together - they were suitably similar to allow inter-breeding. The archaeological and genetic evidence for progressive changes, from our earlier ancestors is good. Apes and humans seem to share common ancestors, going back over millions of years, even though homo sapiens has probably just been around for, say, 200,000 years. It's probably better to think about 1 species that we know and how the evidence supports its evolutionary adaptation over the many thousands of years we have evidence for, instead of thinking broadly to all known species on earth, who you and I know less of.

Big bang - you can do something similar with. Focus on a part of the universe and what we know has been the evidence for it, over time too.

Jim Parsons probably wouldn't have been as wealthy as he is.

"Jim Parsons probably wouldn't have been as wealthy as he is."

Someone had to do the joke, if it was gonna be anyone...

Imagine if we did live in an ever cycling universe? The thought would be quite exciting.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Imagine if we did live in an ever cycling universe? The thought would be quite exciting."

I think this is plausible

I cannot see why the evidence of expansion would remove the possibility

What do you think jesus believed shag ???

"Imagine if we did live in an ever cycling universe? The thought would be quite exciting.

I think this is plausible

I cannot see why the evidence of expansion would remove the possibility

What do you think jesus believed shag ???"

Not sure what he would think, but yes it is an interesting idea of it.

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

Imagine we came to the realisation that we, as a species, and the planet that we are destroying are so special that we, as a species can halt the destruction of what we've got without looking for a billion trillion to one long shot that life could possibly exist anywhere else in the observable universe. Wouldn't that be great?

By *erces LetiferMan  over a year ago

Somewhere off the edge of the map... 'ere there be monsters

Unless I'm misremembering, the latest theory on the Big Bang was that it was caused by the previous Universe's matter all coming together and impacting, causing the kinetic energy required to cause our current Universe to form and expand. First at a tremendous rate, but steadily slowing down. Something about light spectrums and observed bodies (red vs blue light) allowing us to visibly chart the expansion of the Universe slowing down around us. So the theory is that once expansion stops, the Universe will start to shrink again, like a ball that was thrown into the air reaching its apex before being pulled back down to its point of origin by gravity. Finally, the force of all the Universe's matter being pulled back into the centre will once more cause the next Big Bang, and on and on it goes.

This, of course, raises yet more questions...

What is the Universe expanding INTO?

Is this an inifinte loop?

Does it happen with more force each time, or less?

If the force is in a state of change and not a constant, what came before enough energy for the first Big Bang? And/or what will happen if/when the energy for a Big Bang runs out?

And finally, and perhaps THE most important and unknowable question of all... where in all holy hell do all my socks keep going!!? Leaving me with singles and odds left in my sock drawer/washing basket!?!!

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

How about the equally easy answer that the big sky daddy created everything 'cos he had a week or so to spare?

Apparently the Big Bang didn't happen

according to a program i was watching on one of they smart arse channels recently

Manchester (she/her)

"How about the equally easy answer that the big sky daddy created everything 'cos he had a week or so to spare?"

Yeah but which sky daddy. Or maybe mummy. And is a week a literal week and which manuscript do we translate and how and... *several wars later*

Hailsham

"How about the equally easy answer that the big sky daddy created everything 'cos he had a week or so to spare?

Yeah but which sky daddy. Or maybe mummy. And is a week a literal week and which manuscript do we translate and how and... *several wars later*"

So .... many ..... questions

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Some people think that the big bang theory is too easily understood.

That is what I'm taking away from this thread.

ashby de la zouch

"Unless I'm misremembering, the latest theory on the Big Bang was that it was caused by the previous Universe's matter all coming together and impacting, causing the kinetic energy required to cause our current Universe to form and expand. First at a tremendous rate, but steadily slowing down. Something about light spectrums and observed bodies (red vs blue light) allowing us to visibly chart the expansion of the Universe slowing down around us. So the theory is that once expansion stops, the Universe will start to shrink again, like a ball that was thrown into the air reaching its apex before being pulled back down to its point of origin by gravity. Finally, the force of all the Universe's matter being pulled back into the centre will once more cause the next Big Bang, and on and on it goes.

This, of course, raises yet more questions...

What is the Universe expanding INTO?

Is this an inifinte loop?

Does it happen with more force each time, or less?

If the force is in a state of change and not a constant, what came before enough energy for the first Big Bang? And/or what will happen if/when the energy for a Big Bang runs out?

And finally, and perhaps THE most important and unknowable question of all... where in all holy hell do all my socks keep going!!? Leaving me with singles and odds left in my sock drawer/washing basket!?!!"

I'm quite happy with a concept of an infi it cosmos filled with an infinite number of expanding and contracting universes

In my mind our visible universe billions of light years wide is no more than an electron around a water atom within the Pacific

That's a figurative concept of scale not a literal hypothesis or belief

By *erces LetiferMan  over a year ago

Somewhere off the edge of the map... 'ere there be monsters

"I'm quite happy with a concept of an infi it cosmos filled with an infinite number of expanding and contracting universes

In my mind our visible universe billions of light years wide is no more than an electron around a water atom within the Pacific

"

Yeah, the sheer incomprehensibility of such scale is both amazing and terrifying to even attempt to imagine...

Manchester (she/her)

"Some people think that the big bang theory is too easily understood.

That is what I'm taking away from this thread. "

"I know that I know nothing"

Hailsham

"Some people think that the big bang theory is too easily understood.

That is what I'm taking away from this thread.

"I know that I know nothing" "

Good old Socrates

I still can’t get it in my head how something can appear out of nothing

But at the moment the Big Bang is the best theory or maybe truth we have

That said only a 100 years ago we thought the entire universe was our galaxy

What we will know in the future depends on how far we can see in the past if we can catch up with it that is

Something can’t come out of nothing...there always has to be something, even if it’s just the potential for something. But was put the something there? And what was there before the something?

That’s where I’m unstuck!

ashby de la zouch

"Something can’t come out of nothing...there always has to be something, even if it’s just the potential for something. But was put the something there? And what was there before the something?

That’s where I’m unstuck! "

You answered your own question

Something has always existed

"Something can’t come out of nothing...there always has to be something, even if it’s just the potential for something. But was put the something there? And what was there before the something?

That’s where I’m unstuck! "

Yea agreed.... but isn’t there some sort of particle they’ve discovered that actually disappears out of existence and actually reappears???

"But it did! There isn't another feasible explanation without looking into fictional stories"

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

0.000000000000000001% .

My point is that if the Universe was created in one big bang and out of all that we became the only life in it , what's the point of the Universe ??"

That's a calculation you can make based on certain known facts, what you cannot calculate is the odds of life begining or complex and after that intelligent life begining. Just calculating the number of planets that might support life is missing several elephants in the room

Manchester (she/her)

Seeking a point or reason is a very human thing to do. The universe doesn't need a point. It just is.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I always wonder what was before the big bang. I just don't accept, nothing. No time no space... Its all a bit contradictory

0.000000000000000001% .

My point is that if the Universe was created in one big bang and out of all that we became the only life in it , what's the point of the Universe ??

That's a calculation you can make based on certain known facts, what you cannot calculate is the odds of life begining or complex and after that intelligent life begining. Just calculating the number of planets that might support life is missing several elephants in the room"

I like the theory that we might be the start of intelligent life in the universe and that maybe we will colonise the galaxy the universe and in time evolving into different species everywhere

ashby de la zouch

0.000000000000000001% .

That's a calculation you can make based on certain known facts, what you cannot calculate is the odds of life begining or complex and after that intelligent life begining. Just calculating the number of planets that might support life is missing several elephants in the room

I like the theory that we might be the start of intelligent life in the universe and that maybe we will colonise the galaxy the universe and in time evolving into different species everywhere "

I like the theory that we are simply a curiosity placed within tiny balls used to play a game by an alien species

( see end credits men in black)

0.000000000000000001% .

I like the theory that we might be the start of intelligent life in the universe and that maybe we will colonise the galaxy the universe and in time evolving into different species everywhere "

Colonialist lol

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

0.000000000000000001% .

Why does there have to be a point, some things just are.

Torquay

0.000000000000000001% .

I think that was the premise of many Asimov books, we'll never know in our lifetime is the only thing I'm certain of, doesn't stop people wondering of course which is exactly as it should be

0.000000000000000001% .

I like the theory that we might be the start of intelligent life in the universe and that maybe we will colonise the galaxy the universe and in time evolving into different species everywhere

I think that was the premise of many Asimov books, we'll never know in our lifetime is the only thing I'm certain of, doesn't stop people wondering of course which is exactly as it should be"

Yea but don’t forget I sunbathe at camber sands and I also dunk my peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich in my coffee

merseyside

The only floor in your hypothesis is that evolution probably took more than a day for frogs, swimming happily or not, to grow legs.

Probably took more like 6 or 7 months for it to happen, maybe slightly longer if evolution was subject to lockdown or 14 day quarantine.

0.000000000000000001% .

Why does there have to be a point, some things just are."

To be honest I think the statistics don't give a true reflection, I.e chances of life near the sun, are likely to be higher than in some freezing corner...... There must be key places that offer higher chances .... I've no idea how many planets fall into a likely to support life class.... Or If other life needs air..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It is all guesswork and so called clever bods coming up with theories.How many planets with life on?How was the universe formed,way beyond are tiny brains we should spend money solving problems on Earth first

Torquay

I always thought maybe gamma ray bursts could be a civilization thinking it had solved nuclear fusion and they all keep making the same mistake, must be a sci fi book in there somewhere

Torquay

0.000000000000000001% .

I think that was the premise of many Asimov books, we'll never know in our lifetime is the only thing I'm certain of, doesn't stop people wondering of course which is exactly as it should be

Yea but don’t forget I sunbathe at camber sands and I also dunk my peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich in my coffee "

Yep, no theory I can come up with accounts for that I'm afraid

I don't think there was ever a big bang,alot of scientific evidence suggests inflation theory

I would miss Raj as he was my favourite character

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I don't think there was ever a big bang,alot of scientific evidence suggests inflation theory"

Inflation is a part of big bang theory. It refers to one phase of the initial expansion, the first 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 of a second of the "bang" where the expansion from nothing to something occurred at an exponentially increasing rate. Inflation theory suggests that this initial expansion occurred faster than the speed of light - though actually it's more that the size of space itself got bigger, rather than it being anything material moving faster than light. One consequence of this is that the complete universe is almost certainly billions upon billions of times bigger than the part of it we can see - but all this extra of the universe is forever beyond our reach. Even light going from our sun outwards can never reach those parts, and light coming from suns in those parts can never reach us, because these areas are receding from us (or we are receding from them, same thing) faster than the speed of light. The gap gets bigger faster than the light can close the gap. We know that there must be remote areas, but these are forever beyond the horizon...

"To me it seem that the scientist have accepted an easy version of how it happen based on computer models as it is too complicated for us to understand of how it really happened, what about an alternative version that there was a universe with no beginning or end? "

We as a civil race are oblivious to the multi verses out there. There are more than one sun in the entirety of the galaxies and more than one earth. If you add up all the thesis of different opinions..you can gather up one factual statement...we are all fucked

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

everyone knows god made the world in 7 days lol.what many dont know is on the 8th day he got bored and went off to do something else and forgot all about us

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

If the Big Bang never happened then I would probably still be watching scrubs

"everyone knows god made the world in 7 days lol.what many dont know is on the 8th day he got bored and went off to do something else and forgot all about us "

He did, none of you can actually show he didn't

"everyone knows god made the world in 7 days lol.what many dont know is on the 8th day he got bored and went off to do something else and forgot all about us

He did, none of you can actually show he didn't "

"the next day"

Evolution; what the fuck is that about? Fish turned into frogs or whatever. One day it was swimming happily, the next day, some legs appeared and it decided to eat flies. What total nonsense! Lol. So what's your theory then ??

The planet is here, were here and other animals are here. It's all amazingly perfect.

I have no comprehension as to how it came about."

So it's simply beyond your understanding, but that's no reason why others shouldn't theorise about things.

"Quantum particles appear out of nowhere, this might explain something.

Nothing, in scientific terms this doesn't literally mean nothing (as in a vacuum), more that nothing was everything that exists now before it is as it is.

They think friction/energy is how the universe came to be. Because the universe is still expanding now (based on observing how things are moving in it) they think all the universes atoms were packed tightly together into a space the size of a pea. This created energy and the 'pea' expanded, it didn't explode as the big bang suggests.

You know what i think about the planets, don't think anyone has confirmed this (or denied it lol) but i base this idea on relativity...i think all the planets we have in our universe are this planet but at different stages in time.

I probably watch too much sci-fi and chat to too many physicists.

"

I like the idea that the black hole is just part of infinity, it's the universe turning itself inside out and starts afresh.

"I'm quite happy with a concept of an infi it cosmos filled with an infinite number of expanding and contracting universes

Yeah, the sheer incomprehensibility of such scale is both amazing and terrifying to even attempt to imagine..."

Terrifying? Not terminology I'd use, but is that cos I accept that perhaps our universe to the cosmos is like a viral particle to us - not visible to the naked eye?

"

Isn't that because we accept a theory as fact, that energy doesn't die, it transforms?

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Earth was never a mistake...Maybe some creatures were a mistake, I often wonder if our species is not native to Earth, you never see animals native to an area destroy their habitat..."

Why do you think that? Many animals destroy an environment and simply move on. Whilst it's also true that the land recovers this is also true for us, we have just stopped moving on. Do you think for example that grey squirrels in the UK suffer angst that they have wiped out red squirrels over much of the country? Do locust swarms worry about the the death and destruction they leave in their wake? Did Tibbles the lighthouse keepers cat lay awake at night brooding over the knowledge that he had single handedly caused the extinction of the Stephens Island Wren?

We are simply animals, and like all animals we have instincts and built in behaviours that were adapted to the environment we evolved in. The only difference is that the consequence of evolving a brain that allows us to predict events and plan for them has also allowed us to understand the impact we have on the world around us and the impact of our behaviours and thus choose to change them. That coupled with the fact that education and language have allowed us to expand our circle of care from simply raising offspring (which is where it ends for most animals) to include our family, then our tribe (as with many herd animals and other primates) to include nation, race and now we strive to expand that circle to include all humans and indeed all life.

Earth was never a mistake...Maybe some creatures were a mistake, I often wonder if our species is not native to Earth, you never see animals native to an area destroy their habitat...

Why do you think that? Many animals destroy an environment and simply move on. Whilst it's also true that the land recovers this is also true for us, we have just stopped moving on. Do you think for example that grey squirrels in the UK suffer angst that they have wiped out red squirrels over much of the country? Do locust swarms worry about the the death and destruction they leave in their wake? Did Tibbles the lighthouse keepers cat lay awake at night brooding over the knowledge that he had single handedly caused the extinction of the Stephens Island Wren?

We are simply animals, and like all animals we have instincts and built in behaviours that were adapted to the environment we evolved in. The only difference is that the consequence of evolving a brain that allows us to predict events and plan for them has also allowed us to understand the impact we have on the world around us and the impact of our behaviours and thus choose to change them. That coupled with the fact that education and language have allowed us to expand our circle of care from simply raising offspring (which is where it ends for most animals) to include our family, then our tribe (as with many herd animals and other primates) to include nation, race and now we strive to expand that circle to include all humans and indeed all life.

"

I like this thought...a lot. Somehow peaceful.

"

Yeah...but by answering that question with the only possible answer, I’m still left unsettled!

It probably didn't happen. It's what scientists are saying to try and make sense of it. There was nothing and then bang!

Yeah okay

"But it did! There isn't another feasible explanation without looking into fictional stories"

What makes you so sure. Because that is what we are lead to believe?

How the heck do we know what happend billions of years ago.. We don't!

I have nothing intellectual to say on the matter other than it is totally fascinating and mind boggling. Im glad whatever is was gave us the moon though, I love moon watching.

Torquay

Just bought a reflector telescope for£25 can't wait for a good moon night

merseyside

It maybe that as humans our intellect will not allow us to comprehend 'nothing'.

We are driven to always have something as the thought of nothing unsettled us.

In the same way we like the thought of afterlife and religious beliefs.

Try walking up to someone on the street and ask for their take on 'nothing'. Probably find they'll struggle.

Whatever anyone thinks I'm happy for you to do so...

Find the average teenager whole lot of nothing going on in there shell lol

» Add a new message to this topic