FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you buy a property now?

Would you buy a property now?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uzzy Navel OP   Woman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Thinking of moving and buying our own property, seen some great houses and agents are mixed re the property market, would you wait to see how the market pans out or strike now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have the money go for it.

Yes but I first need to buy the money

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think I’d wait and see how the job market pans out. I guess it depends what your job security is like but I’m not sure I’d be rushing out to buy property just now. I’m not that keen on risk though.

I'm in the middle of buying. Interest rates are pretty amazing at the moment.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you have job security and plan to stay in the property long term you can't go too far wrong. Short term investment in property can be risky.

"Thinking of moving and buying our own property, seen some great houses and agents are mixed re the property market, would you wait to see how the market pans out or strike now?"

I've bought 47 houses and 3 hotels so far during lockdown.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

Personally I'm waiting for the crash.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

There’s some good bargains about at the moment ,but the way things are going at the moment with redundancy and lay offs I’m sure there will be more bargains to be had

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Thinking of moving and buying our own property, seen some great houses and agents are mixed re the property market, would you wait to see how the market pans out or strike now?

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd prefer to buy when there's no tragedy and possibly hardship involved. If it was important to buy, I'd be doing it as a longer term investment and I'd go ahead.

If seller and buyer are both selling simultaneously, any national trend may be in unison. As interest rates are about the lowest possible, it's reasonable to pay extra off, reducing the long term cost.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thinking of moving and buying our own property, seen some great houses and agents are mixed re the property market, would you wait to see how the market pans out or strike now?

"

You've been playing a lot of monopoly

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

all over

yea but bear in mind banks are asking for larger percentage loan to value on lending and are not honouring offers made pre covid.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm waiting another year, see how the job market is, I'll be mortgage free but don't want to move to area with high unemployment.

By *bcdean88Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Regardless of Covid this question is such unanswerable question “ is it right time to buy a house “. Just look at the housing boom in London over the last 30 years then compare capital gain to someone who bought a house In some places in the north east. The question is to vague and it’s the in-depth details that give answers.

Personally I don’t buy property to live in , if that’s what you plan to do And live in that city/town Atless for near future. Then there ain’t really a bad time to buy property. unless the market you getting into is like Dubai ongoing bear market. What doubt Uk “outside of London “ is expecting anytime soon

But if you buying property to make money. Then you need a plan , is it income or capital growth you looking for? Answer that question leads to bunch more questions. Investing in property ain’t hard , but requires a plan and then research in that plan.

There plenty of good opportunities out there I believe for capital growth and/or income. But there one tatic to use for all property buying and that is buy at a discount , if you find a seller willing to sell at 15% of the market value. then I think It will cover you for any expected downturn from Covid. Befor anyone who don’t have a clue say anything. Yes there is people willing to sell at discount for many reasons sometimes greater than 15%

"yea but bear in mind banks are asking for larger percentage loan to value on lending and are not honouring offers made pre covid. "

They honoured the offer they made me before covid and I had the keys last week.

The right time to buy for me was when I saw what I wanted where I wanted it to be.

I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing to buy right now, but I wanted to get out of the dump that I live in and and I had to do it sooner or later.

» Add a new message to this topic