FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Muscle knots!

Muscle knots!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone offer any help?! Or make me smile in some way.

I woke up with a massive sore knot in the spot between my right shoulder and neck yesterday. Thought it was due to having sexy time at a dodgy angle the night before but it's still there. Tried massaging it, taking ibuprofen and rubbing Vicks into it. All of which are only bringing temporary relief. The only position I'm not in pain in is lying on my back.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

Have you tried heat? Either heat pack, hot water bottle or hot bath. Heats the only thing that works on my back other than a deep tissue massage

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Can anyone offer any help?! Or make me smile in some way.

I woke up with a massive sore knot in the spot between my right shoulder and neck yesterday. Thought it was due to having sexy time at a dodgy angle the night before but it's still there. Tried massaging it, taking ibuprofen and rubbing Vicks into it. All of which are only bringing temporary relief. The only position I'm not in pain in is lying on my back. "

The best solution is to get the man you live with to massage it x

I woke up with a massive sore knot in the spot between my right shoulder and neck yesterday. Thought it was due to having sexy time at a dodgy angle the night before but it's still there. Tried massaging it, taking ibuprofen and rubbing Vicks into it. All of which are only bringing temporary relief. The only position I'm not in pain in is lying on my back.

The best solution is to get the man you live with to massage it x"

We're both single and are each other's bubbles clever clogs

"Have you tried heat? Either heat pack, hot water bottle or hot bath. Heats the only thing that works on my back other than a deep tissue massage"

I think I might have to. Only heat thing I have is a teddy that you throw in the microwave to heat up

Teesside

"Have you tried heat? Either heat pack, hot water bottle or hot bath. Heats the only thing that works on my back other than a deep tissue massage

I think I might have to. Only heat thing I have is a teddy that you throw in the microwave to heat up "

Might work. Or a warm wet towel maybe?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hockey ball, lie on it where knot is and small movements, will help ease it

"Have you tried heat? Either heat pack, hot water bottle or hot bath. Heats the only thing that works on my back other than a deep tissue massage

I think I might have to. Only heat thing I have is a teddy that you throw in the microwave to heat up

Might work. Or a warm wet towel maybe?"

That's an idea

"Hockey ball, lie on it where knot is and small movements, will help ease it"

No balls of any kind in my house!

I've only just had the idea to use my wand on it...

Teesside

"I've only just had the idea to use my wand on it..."

Lucky you! I imagine that will either help or distract you from the pain

"I've only just had the idea to use my wand on it...

Lucky you! I imagine that will either help or distract you from the pain "

It's actually working like a dream

"I've only just had the idea to use my wand on it...

Lucky you! I imagine that will either help or distract you from the pain

It's actually working like a dream "

Well it is a massager of sorts

Teesside

You know I think that's an excellent idea. I'll have to remember that for my next AS flare up. Then I might be able to reduce my baths to under an hour

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I woke up with a massive sore knot in the spot between my right shoulder and neck yesterday. Thought it was due to having sexy time at a dodgy angle the night before but it's still there. Tried massaging it, taking ibuprofen and rubbing Vicks into it. All of which are only bringing temporary relief. The only position I'm not in pain in is lying on my back. "

That's either your upper trapezius or levator scapulae that's gone into spasm it hurts like hell and unfortunately they can often take time to calm back down.

Stretching and heat usually help. Using trigger point therapy helps but at the moment I don't think anyone is allowed to practice given Covid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-Personal-Percussion-Featuring-Technology/dp/B07TXVZ68R

I have one of these things and they work amazingly if you have someone to help you hit the right spots

That's either your upper trapezius or levator scapulae that's gone into spasm it hurts like hell and unfortunately they can often take time to calm back down.

Stretching and heat usually help. Using trigger point therapy helps but at the moment I don't think anyone is allowed to practice given Covid."

Yeah, Google mentioned the trapezius. Thankfully my wand's bringing quite a bit of relief on it

Stretching and heat usually help. Using trigger point therapy helps but at the moment I don't think anyone is allowed to practice given Covid.

Yeah, Google mentioned the trapezius. Thankfully my wand's bringing quite a bit of relief on it "

Multifunctional piece of kit

Yeah, Google mentioned the trapezius. Thankfully my wand's bringing quite a bit of relief on it

Multifunctional piece of kit "

It's never felt so good

Multifunctional piece of kit

It's never felt so good "

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

For future reference, the site Pain Science has a lot of information I've found really useful in the past.

Teesside

"https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-Personal-Percussion-Featuring-Technology/dp/B07TXVZ68R

I have one of these things and they work amazingly if you have someone to help you hit the right spots "

I think I'd be able to use that one alone. Thanks for the link x

"Hockey ball, lie on it where knot is and small movements, will help ease it"

This..plus I was shown to use heat but then finish with ice to seal the treatment in.

Teesside

"Hockey ball, lie on it where knot is and small movements, will help ease it

This..plus I was shown to use heat but then finish with ice to seal the treatment in."

Really? Not heard that about ice. How? Just cold compress after heat?

This..plus I was shown to use heat but then finish with ice to seal the treatment in.

Really? Not heard that about ice. How? Just cold compress after heat?"

Yes..my sports physio said give heat then cold and repeat a couple or more times. If I remember it stops the triggers firing off and undoing the action of the heat on the muscle.

Teesside

Really? Not heard that about ice. How? Just cold compress after heat?

Yes..my sports physio said give heat then cold and repeat a couple or more times. If I remember it stops the triggers firing off and undoing the action of the heat on the muscle. "

Cheers I'll add that to my desperate measures list to try

» Add a new message to this topic