FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > chlorinated chicken

chlorinated chicken

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently it's safe as houses to eat but critics claim that animal rearing standards are compromised.

Would you eat it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No

T

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Not a great fan of chicken anyway, but if I buy it, I buy decent stuff, not the shite own brand stuff that has only had so much free space to roam after it was butchered and killed.

Like most of our food products, meat especially, it is too cheap. But while people don't care about food standards (and farmers being ripped off by the supermarkets) it will continue to happen.

Chelmsford

Pretty soon we could be flooded with it..

Bolton

So don't eat it. Buy your chicken that states it's British and has the red tractor symbol on it.

Chelmsford

I might just do that..

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"Apparently it's safe as houses to eat but critics claim that animal rearing standards are compromised.

Would you eat it?"

No. We wouldn't want to give Trump any satisfaction.

Chelmsford

"Apparently it's safe as houses to eat but critics claim that animal rearing standards are compromised.

Would you eat it?

No. We wouldn't want to give Trump any satisfaction. "

Not sure it's got anything to do with Trump.. that's just how it's done over there..

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"So don't eat it. Buy your chicken that states it's British and has the red tractor symbol on it."

I guess the issue is it'll work it's way into food chain in other ways. If it's cheap enough then it'll pop up in other places like takeaways, ready meals etc.

Course the answer to that is don't eat takeaways etc. etc. but it's not a problem people should worry about.

Ruislip

Would you eat it?

Not sure it's got anything to do with Trump.. that's just how it's done over there.."

It's one of his conditions in a trade deal he wants to do with the UK.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a revolting sign of the low food standards, though there are probably even worse coming our way now that the UK is agreeing to the US demands

Every time someone goes on Holliday to America and has an amazing time they seem to forget about it.

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

You are joking?

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

Would you eat it?

No. We wouldn't want to give Trump any satisfaction. "

I think you need an hour off the MSM.

By *istretchMan  over a year ago

leeds

The red tra tractor is how its raised not how its slaughtered and cleansed,also look at minimum standards for the red tractor . I know a lot of places bleach them to make them look white .

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Hopefully as a response Uk chicken suppliers will provide detail as to whether their chicken is chlorine free.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

No. Because whenever i see “chlorinated chicken” i think of a chicken that’s done a few too many laps of a swimming pool....

It hardly sounds delicious.

Yes, because if you eat takeaway you'll probably be doing so without knowing any different....

.....and I do like a takeaway.

If people will eat shit like mc donald's and kfc they will have no problem eating cheap chicken. Id be more wary of polish beef now the stuff that goes on there is scary. Last year cows that couldn't walk were filmed being slaughtered and sent into the EU food chain and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

By *hrisUB3Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

My tap water has been chlorinated for years, I don't hear people making a fuss about that!

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

Would you eat it?"

it’s a bloody travesty that it will be allowed into this country at all. Just a quick google search of why the chicken is chlorinated will let you know why.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

london

"So don't eat it. Buy your chicken that states it's British and has the red tractor symbol on it."

The Americans also want no labelling of country of origin as part of the negotiations...if so it could end up in curries , sandwiches, etc etc and we would never know we were eating it ...if this happens I for one will be outside downing street with an inflatable chicken throwing nuggets ..

If anyone is unsure, have a read about WHY it's chlorinated. It's disgusting.

Chlorine isn't the main issue, it's why they have to do it that is the hideous part. When I lived in America I saw it first hand and I never ate chicken again while I was there.

Same with their pork that will be flooding the UK market, full of chemicals that were previously banned here.

No way, I'm very choosy of what food I eat. I get my meet local, from a farm.

Ruislip

Would you eat it?

I think you need an hour off the MSM. "

Oh no! Have I read something from reputable journalists that doesn't align with Trump propaganda?! Let's call it fake then, instead of what it really is then - something that shows him negatively. That way we can live in denial and don't have to deal with it. It'smmuch easier than actually answering criticism.

If you have a demonstrably better source for accurate news then do let us know.

London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562

I think the figures on food poisoning speak for them selfs. The only reason the chlorinate chicken is because their pre slaughter hygiene standards are so very low very low. % of deaths from food poisoning across the US out strips most countries

london

I have a friend that manages food factories and set up sandwich factories in the usa...they have something they called magic dust , a food preservative. They put in their sandwiches to give them a shelf life of many weeks ...needed for the long distribution times due to size of the country...Food quality in the USA is definitely, on average lower..less regulation, lower standards etc, they argue informed consumers can make their own choices...which is obviously nonsense unless you spend a lot of time researching ..most people would never bother...

I don't know much about it, but chlorine would probs blow off of any organic substance pretty quickly. Ppl love to scare others with stories of "chemicals" but I'm not too scurred myself......

Nobody ever seems to worry about the chlorine in the salt they throw on their chicken, innit.....

london

"I don't know much about it, but chlorine would probs blow off of any organic substance pretty quickly. Ppl love to scare others with stories of "chemicals" but I'm not too scurred myself......

Nobody ever seems to worry about the chlorine in the salt they throw on their chicken, innit..... "

Sodium and chlorine as separate elements are nothing like salt...try drinking hydrogen...which obviously makes up most of water. It would kill you...if you didn't explode ..

"I don't know much about it, but chlorine would probs blow off of any organic substance pretty quickly. Ppl love to scare others with stories of "chemicals" but I'm not too scurred myself......

Nobody ever seems to worry about the chlorine in the salt they throw on their chicken, innit.....

Sodium and chlorine as separate elements are nothing like salt...try drinking hydrogen...which obviously makes up most of water. It would kill you...if you didn't explode .. "

Are you a chemist?

It's just that I actually am. I was pointing out how public see the word chlorine and think barrel bomb...

london

Sodium and chlorine as separate elements are nothing like salt...try drinking hydrogen...which obviously makes up most of water. It would kill you...if you didn't explode ..

Are you a chemist?"

I have a masters degree in combustion chemistry but I'm not a chemist..

london

"It's just that I actually am. I was pointing out how public see the word chlorine and think barrel bomb... "

I think they just think crap quality...I do anyway...

Fuck no!

"It's just that I actually am. I was pointing out how public see the word chlorine and think barrel bomb...

I think they just think crap quality...I do anyway..."

Perhaps you do, because you are fortunate in that you can make an informed decision based on your knowledge and studies. Others aren't so fortunate and it becomes a Brexit issue rather than a knowledge issue with glow in the dark chicken memes, innit...

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I think people are missing the point a little bit here, if I may say.

Chlorine isn’t really the problem, it’s used in an appropriate way for our benefit in many situations.

The fact that it needs to be used means the chicken bodies are muckier than they should be which means the welfare levels the chickens haven’t been as high as they should.

Chickens Lives Matter! Show some respect and give a cluck..

By *erfect pineappleWoman  over a year ago

neath

We are eating it . It's not a new thing

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Absolutely not. Fortunately the EU also prohibits the sale of beef raised on recombinant bovine growth hormone as well

If that crap is ever brought here, people should demand it's labeled so i'll know what to avoid.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I wouldn't feed that to our dogs.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Would you eat it?"

We already eat chlorinated salad! Why not have the chicken to go with it.

"I think people are missing the point a little bit here, if I may say.

Chlorine isn’t really the problem, it’s used in an appropriate way for our benefit in many situations.

The fact that it needs to be used means the chicken bodies are muckier than they should be which means the welfare levels the chickens haven’t been as high as they should. "

Hallelujah! If only ppl got that - why even mention chlorine, why not just say lower welfare standard?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If anyone is unsure, have a read about WHY it's chlorinated. It's disgusting.

Chlorine isn't the main issue, it's why they have to do it that is the hideous part. When I lived in America I saw it first hand and I never ate chicken again while I was there.

Same with their pork that will be flooding the UK market, full of chemicals that were previously banned here. "

Well actually the chlorine is there to cover up two different things....

The lower standard of food hygiene.... and the fact that in the US it is legal to feed chickens antibiotics as part of the process so they don’t lose as much stock thru illness....

The reason why the EU doesn’t allow this into the human food system is the theory that if you are eating things with antibiotics in it, when you do actually need the stuff it becomes less effective as you grow an immunity to it

london

"It's just that I actually am. I was pointing out how public see the word chlorine and think barrel bomb...

I think they just think crap quality...I do anyway...

Perhaps you do, because you are fortunate in that you can make an informed decision based on your knowledge and studies. Others aren't so fortunate and it becomes a Brexit issue rather than a knowledge issue with glow in the dark chicken memes, innit... "

I think the knowledge makes it a Brexit issue, you dont need to be an expert I think , it's widely accepted, indeed the Americans will say it, they have a different regime for controlling food standards, less regulation and a reliance on consumer information and the threat of legal action if someone is hurt etc .. to motivate them to maintain standards..

Culturally we just want something better ...I hope..

No I woudlnt, but if the uk get a deal with the usa, uk would get them as the standards will drop as they dont have the same quality checks as the eu have.

"Pretty soon we could be flooded with it..

"

If no-one buys it...as is our choice....then they will soon stop wasting money on bringing it in. Simples!

Think of how many brands etc have fallen out of favour and simply disappeared.

The whole argument is a non-starter.

Blackpool

"No I woudlnt, but if the uk get a deal with the usa, uk would get them as the standards will drop as they dont have the same quality checks as the eu have."
We have been eating chlorinated salad in this country for years but some people prefer to ignore that because it does no good to their political agenda.

If no-one buys it...as is our choice....then they will soon stop wasting money on bringing it in. Simples!

The whole argument is a non-starter."

Tru dat

Blackpool

Tru dat "

But we will all carry on eating chlorinated salad and say absolutely nothing? This seams to be a familiar pattern over the years with people ignoring certain stuff because it does their cause no good.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

If you try to tell us that it's fine to eat chlorinated chicken from the US because tap water is chlorinated, then you have totally missed the point of why it needs to be chlorinated in the first place.

Would you eat a chlorinated turd?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect we'll have little choice.

"Absolutely not. Fortunately the EU also prohibits the sale of beef raised on recombinant bovine growth hormone as well

If that crap is ever brought here, people should demand it's labeled so i'll know what to avoid."

london

The whole argument is a non-starter."

When you buy a preprepsred meal, a sandwich, kebab,restaurant you have no idea where the chicken comes from..this is why not having labels of origin is in the negotiating table..you will not be able to choose as you simply wont know...unless you avoid all chicken except where you can buy in the butchers etc ...its a very strong arguement...the choice argument is nonsense I think, certainly in the usa, the information is poor, there is loads of advertising to tempt you, it's very cheap and the consumer unknowkegeable...and just used to crap standards of food quality..

Blackpool

Would you eat it?"

You're next thread should be about chlorinated salad we have been eating for many years? But I think you will brush over that one?

London

Tru dat But we will all carry on eating chlorinated salad and say absolutely nothing? This seams to be a familiar pattern over the years with people ignoring certain stuff because it does their cause no good. "

chlorinated salad is not the same at all

The USA despite boasting about its so called standards is far below those of the UK and EU. GM crops are grown freely and fed to animals and as food for humans with no labeling, steroids to promote muscle gain are freely allowed and along with antibiotics at higher dosages than allowed here.

The chlorination is used as a2 fold check. One most American chickens arent tested for salmonella.. and the regulations for food prep industries is far lower..so they chlorinated it to kill any surface bacteria it can pick up in dirty food prep

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Would you eat it?"

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something?

london

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something?"

I think you are..see above

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something?"

Too fucking right you are..!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

Would you eat it?

Yes... the antibiotics! It’s kinda a biggie

Blackpool

Would you eat it?

Yes we all no how stringent the Eu are! We're we not getting horse meat a few years ago from France?

If its so safe why does the USA have more deaths and hospitalisation of salmonella poisoning from chicken than the UK per head of population..??

salisbury

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something?

Yes... the antibiotics! It’s kinda a biggie"

Why?

London

Would you eat it?

Why? "

yes it’s nothing to actually do with chlorinating the chickens it’s the reason for having to do it. Basically the US food hygiene standards are so low they have to do it as basically all

If the chickens are diseased

Blackpool

Tru dat But we will all carry on eating chlorinated salad and say absolutely nothing? This seams to be a familiar pattern over the years with people ignoring certain stuff because it does their cause no good. chlorinated salad is not the same at all"

Obvsiouly it isn't! It does your cause no good at all does it?

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

If the USA treats it's chicken like it does black guys passing duff $20 bills, then do you really want anything to do with it?

salisbury

At the end of day the chicken will end up in where? Pies? KFC? Cat food? How about take responsibility for your intake of shit food. Buy British.

salisbury

"If the USA treats it's chicken like it does black guys passing duff $20 bills, then do you really want anything to do with it?

"

It's the only possible comparison i guess..

Edinburgh

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something? Yes we all no how stringent the Eu are! We're we not getting horse meat a few years ago from France? "

The difference being that the horsemeat scandal showed companies operating illegally. That's why it was a scandal. It's not that the EU doesn't have standards, it's that those standards were being broken.

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming.

salisbury

Would you eat it?

Why? yes it’s nothing to actually do with chlorinating the chickens it’s the reason for having to do it. Basically the US food hygiene standards are so low they have to do it as basically all

If the chickens are diseased "

Is this why all the Americans are dead now? I wondered what had killed them.

London

Would you eat it?

Why? yes it’s nothing to actually do with chlorinating the chickens it’s the reason for having to do it. Basically the US food hygiene standards are so low they have to do it as basically all

If the chickens are diseased

Is this why all the Americans are dead now? I wondered what had killed them. "

there food poisoning and death from food poisoning levels are higher than pretty much rest of the world

London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562

Have a read a quick google search will inform you a lot more to

I posted about this in a separate thread previously, I'll just paste again:

Yep, the food deal is opening the UK up to pretty bad stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/09/boris-johnson-trade-deal-us-chlorinated-chicken

(Open in incognito/private browser to avoid sign-up if prompted).

It'll be the NHS after that. Still, those claps will probably help.

To summarize that article:

The trade deal will allow substandard/dangerous food into the UK.

Our own local standards will drop to compete.

The bill will also make it illegal to label these differences on packaging.

We’re ‘compensating’ by adding tariffs to the imports.

But these will be dropped within a decade.

The trade bill is exempt from parliamentary scrutiny or voting.

The deal will likely be enforced by an offshore tribunal.

That means the UK can be sued.

Food standards are step one in this plan, the NHS is likely next.

*Starts slow clapping*

london

Vote anyone but Tory...they will lose the next election...

Blackpool

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something? Yes we all no how stringent the Eu are! We're we not getting horse meat a few years ago from France?

The difference being that the horsemeat scandal showed companies operating illegally. That's why it was a scandal. It's not that the EU doesn't have standards, it's that those standards were being broken.

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming. "

No I can quite clearly see the agenda being set! And the tons of chlorinated salad we eat every year?

Bolton

When you buy a preprepsred meal, a sandwich, kebab,restaurant you have no idea where the chicken comes from..this is why not having labels of origin is in the negotiating table..you will not be able to choose as you simply wont know...unless you avoid all chicken except where you can buy in the butchers etc ...its a very strong arguement...the choice argument is nonsense I think, certainly in the usa, the information is poor, there is loads of advertising to tempt you, it's very cheap and the consumer unknowkegeable...and just used to crap standards of food quality.. "

Do you not think restaurants and takeaways could use the fact that they only use british or EU meat as a selling point? It would be quite funny for a british chicken chain to overtake kfc as it promised to only use british chicken. I think as selling point, though its by no means unique but it is certainly strong.

Edinburgh

Would you eat it?

There's chlorine in drinking water. Don't see the difference to be honest? Am i missing something? Yes we all no how stringent the Eu are! We're we not getting horse meat a few years ago from France?

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming. No I can quite clearly see the agenda being set! And the tons of chlorinated salad we eat every year? "

Hahaha this must be what? The fourth time you've brought up chlorinated salad? Like a dog with a chlorinated bone!

No agenda, just pointing out the US have lower food standards than the EU

Manchester (she/her)

Would you eat it?

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming. No I can quite clearly see the agenda being set! And the tons of chlorinated salad we eat every year? "

Hmm. Premade salad comes with stronger risks of contamination and food poisoning. Chlorine isn't by itself the devil, it's what's behind it.

Reducing the risks of salads that carry unacceptably high risks of food poisoning but are otherwise safe? Probably good.

Concealing the dangers of lower food and animal welfare standards? Probably bad.

Apples and oranges.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Would you eat it?

You are not listening... it’s not the chlorine as such! It the process for why it is washed in chlorine to cover up that is the issue

Manchester (she/her)

Would you eat it?

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming. No I can quite clearly see the agenda being set! And the tons of chlorinated salad we eat every year?

You are not listening... it’s not the chlorine as such! It the process for why it is washed in chlorine to cover up that is the issue "

Sometimes it does seem like "not getting it" is a tactic.

"At the end of day the chicken will end up in where? Pies? KFC? Cat food? How about take responsibility for your intake of shit food. Buy British."
and eat Frey Bentos, Pot noodle and Greg's?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s not for me quite picky what I put in my mouth. Has anyone seen the chickens in a can that fall out in jelly like dog food.... raaallph

"It’s not for me quite picky what I put in my mouth. Has anyone seen the chickens in a can that fall out in jelly like dog food.... raaallph "
most stuff on the shelves these day is a "product". If it didnt exist 150 years ago I'm dubious!

I'm not too sure guys but I THINK we might already be eating chlorinated salad...

By *hrisUB3Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

"I'm not too sure guys but I THINK we might already be eating chlorinated salad... "

Yes, we are!

"I'm not too sure guys but I THINK we might already be eating chlorinated salad... "

I'm confused, I thought this was the chicken thread.

salisbury

"At the end of day the chicken will end up in where? Pies? KFC? Cat food? How about take responsibility for your intake of shit food. Buy British. and eat Frey Bentos, Pot noodle and Greg's? "

Good point, they deserve all they get.

It's almost as if we have no personal choice in what we eat these days, and no scientific and regulatory experts....

Edinburgh

"It's almost as if we have no personal choice in what we eat these days, and no scientific and regulatory experts.... "

Yeah, because who cares about enforcing food hygiene standards and factory farms where the conditions are so bad that the US department of agriculture ignores concerns about faecal contamination to the point they get sued by a doctors group...

"It's almost as if we have no personal choice in what we eat these days, and no scientific and regulatory experts....

Yeah, because who cares about enforcing food hygiene standards and factory farms where the conditions are so bad that the US department of agriculture ignores concerns about faecal contamination to the point they get sued by a doctors group... "

Hope you have a great day....

Edinburgh

"It's almost as if we have no personal choice in what we eat these days, and no scientific and regulatory experts....

Yeah, because who cares about enforcing food hygiene standards and factory farms where the conditions are so bad that the US department of agriculture ignores concerns about faecal contamination to the point they get sued by a doctors group...

Hope you have a great day.... "

You too

Blackpool

Would you eat it?

But that aside, you definitely are missing something. It's a point that's been made various times in the thread. The chicken is being chlorinated because the hygiene standards in the raising of the poultry is lower. It's emblematic of the poor animal care and hygiene standards which typify US factory farming. No I can quite clearly see the agenda being set! And the tons of chlorinated salad we eat every year?

Hahaha this must be what? The fourth time you've brought up chlorinated salad? Like a dog with a chlorinated bone!

No agenda, just pointing out the US have lower food standards than the EU "

Looking forward to my chlrorinated chicken! It will go very nicely with my chlrorinated salad and then washed down with a nice cup of tea! Made with my chlorinated tap water ofcourse! Non of that bottled shite for us! Yes that's the fifth time now? But I was'nt counting.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's almost as if we have no personal choice in what we eat these days, and no scientific and regulatory experts.... "

Perhaps personal choice is constrained by the regulatory environment in which our choices are found, and scientific and regulatory experts make pronouncements within the environment they find themselves? And the bigger choices around regulation and (dare I say it) public health are sometimes made for political reasons that don't align with what's in the best interest of citizens?

Edinburgh

Would you eat it?

No agenda, just pointing out the US have lower food standards than the EU Looking forward to my chlrorinated chicken! It will go very nicely with my chlrorinated salad and then washed down with a nice cup of tea! Made with my chlorinated tap water ofcourse! Non of that bottled shite for us! Yes that's the fifth time now? But I was'nt counting. "

Sounds like a delicious meal feed but may I suggest skipping the tap water and taking a ladle to your local swimming pool for a maximum hit?

Perhaps personal choice is constrained by the regulatory environment in which our choices are found, and scientific and regulatory experts make pronouncements within the environment they find themselves? And the bigger choices around regulation and (dare I say it) public health are sometimes made for political reasons that don't align with what's in the best interest of citizens?"

So instead if legislation and regulation we could hold a referendum maybe, innit...

Seems odd to me that ppl on a sex site forum should dictate what we eat in preference to food scientists and industry experts. At the end of it all we all use our own hands to eat, so we choose from whatever choice there is, however limited that is. You could also argue there are clearly ppl in this thread who would demand their "right"to eat chlorinated chicken too, so how would that work when some ppl don't want it in the country? I think there are plenty of problems in the world lately without creating more....

Unpopular as ever, I do realise....

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

Not as simple as that, apparently USA want all these measures removed from packaging to give their crap chicken the best possible chance on the shelf!

It is going to be an absolute minefield.

Blackpool

Would you eat it?

No agenda, just pointing out the US have lower food standards than the EU Looking forward to my chlrorinated chicken! It will go very nicely with my chlrorinated salad and then washed down with a nice cup of tea! Made with my chlorinated tap water ofcourse! Non of that bottled shite for us! Yes that's the fifth time now? But I was'nt counting.

Sounds like a delicious meal feed but may I suggest skipping the tap water and taking a ladle to your local swimming pool for a maximum hit? "

Excellent idea! The hubby says he's off down there in the morning with a couple of old rusty jerry cans. x

American = chicken - fat - trump - sexists - racist - corrupt - "dirty chemicals" = me no buy your dirty racists chicken shit! And that's not political at all.....?

.....could always start instead by saying "hey friendly American dudes, let's be friends, could you please look after your animals better and then we'd love the eat them more often".... Why not come at it from a positive and inclusive angle?

Manchester (she/her)

Perhaps personal choice is constrained by the regulatory environment in which our choices are found, and scientific and regulatory experts make pronouncements within the environment they find themselves? And the bigger choices around regulation and (dare I say it) public health are sometimes made for political reasons that don't align with what's in the best interest of citizens?

So instead if legislation and regulation we could hold a referendum maybe, innit...

Seems odd to me that ppl on a sex site forum should dictate what we eat in preference to food scientists and industry experts. At the end of it all we all use our own hands to eat, so we choose from whatever choice there is, however limited that is. You could also argue there are clearly ppl in this thread who would demand their "right"to eat chlorinated chicken too, so how would that work when some ppl don't want it in the country? I think there are plenty of problems in the world lately without creating more....

Unpopular as ever, I do realise.... "

Or maybe adults are having a conversation and throwing ideas around, on a forum? That some may take to a more appropriate venue, that some might read and think about?

I'm not saying that No 10 should listen to Fab. I'm saying these are, so far as I can see, the realities of the situation. The fact that I'm saying it here doesn't mean it carries any less weight than if I were saying it on (fictional as far as I know) fabseriouspolitics dot com.

Unpopular as ever, I do realise....

Or maybe adults are having a conversation and throwing ideas around, on a forum? That some may take to a more appropriate venue, that some might read and think about?

I'm not saying that No 10 should listen to Fab. I'm saying these are, so far as I can see, the realities of the situation. The fact that I'm saying it here doesn't mean it carries any less weight than if I were saying it on (fictional as far as I know) fabseriouspolitics dot com."

Edinburgh

"American = chicken - fat - trump - sexists - racist - corrupt - "dirty chemicals" = me no buy your dirty racists chicken shit! And that's not political at all.....?

.....could always start instead by saying "hey friendly American dudes, let's be friends, could you please look after your animals better and then we'd love the eat them more often".... Why not come at it from a positive and inclusive angle? "

I wouldn't want low-hygiene chicken if Obama or anyone else is in charge.

This isn't about political alignment. I wouldn't care who's in the Whitehouse or Downing Street here. It's about the UK actively dropping standards. Right now we don't allow this stuff in our markets.

I say again, last year a doctors group sued the US body who oversees farming standards (USDA) because that body would do nothing about faecal contamination in American meat. The USDA argued that "fecal contamination is a visible defect only". So I guess that means they encourage people to keep their eyes closed and keep eating crap! Not me thanks

Manchester (she/her)

"American = chicken - fat - trump - sexists - racist - corrupt - "dirty chemicals" = me no buy your dirty racists chicken shit! And that's not political at all.....?

.....could always start instead by saying "hey friendly American dudes, let's be friends, could you please look after your animals better and then we'd love the eat them more often".... Why not come at it from a positive and inclusive angle?

This isn't about political alignment. I wouldn't care who's in the Whitehouse or Downing Street here. It's about the UK actively dropping standards. Right now we don't allow this stuff in our markets.

I say again, last year a doctors group sued the US body who oversees farming standards (USDA) because that body would do nothing about faecal contamination in American meat. The USDA argued that "fecal contamination is a visible defect only". So I guess that means they encourage people to keep their eyes closed and keep eating crap! Not me thanks "

I say again, last year a doctors group sued the US body who oversees farming standards (USDA) because that body would do nothing about faecal contamination in American meat. The USDA argued that "fecal contamination is a visible defect only". So I guess that means they encourage people to keep their eyes closed and keep eating crap! Not me thanks "

We all keep coming back to the same points without listening to others. When did sterilised shit ever kill anyone? The flesh itself presents more of an issue for bacterial growth as it ages surely? If a product is safe and minimal cruelty took place in its production (I say minimal because it involves rearing an animal in unnatural conditions to kill it prematurely), however unpalatable it might sound to some, it should be an option if some ppl would like to consume it....

It's as if none of you folks drive or smoke or drink alcohol or take drugs and medicines or do anything else through personal and hard fought for choice and freedoms that could be damaging to your health....

Manchester (she/her)

Why should we be offered the "choice" to have our food standards radically reduced? Our forebears fought to raise those standards and we live much better lives as a consequence.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I say again, last year a doctors group sued the US body who oversees farming standards (USDA) because that body would do nothing about faecal contamination in American meat. The USDA argued that "fecal contamination is a visible defect only". So I guess that means they encourage people to keep their eyes closed and keep eating crap! Not me thanks

"

It's a well known fact that american regulatory standards are not impartial and have been captured by special interest lobbying. Be it the USDA, FDA, EPA , FCC, or FAA.

That makes me suspicious of everything they approve of as "safe".

There's a reason European standards are higher than most countries. It's not done for the fun of it.

I have an issue with factory farming as it is. Considering the way American farms do it, i'm even less inclined to fund such practices.

Manchester (she/her)

"There's a reason European standards are higher than most countries. It's not done for the fun of it.

I have an issue with factory farming as it is. Considering the way American farms do it, i'm even less inclined to fund such practices."

It seems Brexit, for better or worse, puts us in a regulatory vacuum. I hope this isn't used to reduce our standards, but I fear that's exactly where we're going.

Edinburgh

"There's a reason European standards are higher than most countries. It's not done for the fun of it.

I have an issue with factory farming as it is. Considering the way American farms do it, i'm even less inclined to fund such practices.

It seems Brexit, for better or worse, puts us in a regulatory vacuum. I hope this isn't used to reduce our standards, but I fear that's exactly where we're going."

It's a double-edged sword. Brexit hands the power to make these decisions back to us. There's nothing in Brexit itself which says we should compromise standards. That's the choice of the Tories, and right now they're not up to it. We've got some of the worst people in charge at a time when we really need the best.

Manchester (she/her)

It seems Brexit, for better or worse, puts us in a regulatory vacuum. I hope this isn't used to reduce our standards, but I fear that's exactly where we're going.

It's a double-edged sword. Brexit hands the power to make these decisions back to us. There's nothing in Brexit itself which says we should compromise standards. That's the choice of the Tories, and right now they're not up to it. We've got some of the worst people in charge at a time when we really need the best. "

Hmm. I think we're in a weakened position to set our own standards by going it alone. And this is a Tory led and shaped Brexit. I was a lot less informed at the time of the referendum, but I voted Remain first and foremost because it seemed to me that the Leave side were fundamentally dishonest.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I work in agriculture and we are justifiably proud of the higher standards we operate too, brought about in no small part to the pressure and lobbying of consumer groups.

We feel it would be utter madness to surrender this advantage in trade negotiations. It’s not just animal welfare but traceability and accountability of how we operate and what we apply to crops and cattle in general.

Nothing good will come from lowering our standards to appease others be it America or anyone else.

I would be happy to raise our standards higher than EU and then tell them to step up.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

No, animal standards in USA are disgusting, the stuff should even be allowed here as it goes against our food standards.

Edinburgh

It's a double-edged sword. Brexit hands the power to make these decisions back to us. There's nothing in Brexit itself which says we should compromise standards. That's the choice of the Tories, and right now they're not up to it. We've got some of the worst people in charge at a time when we really need the best.

Hmm. I think we're in a weakened position to set our own standards by going it alone. And this is a Tory led and shaped Brexit. I was a lot less informed at the time of the referendum, but I voted Remain first and foremost because it seemed to me that the Leave side were fundamentally dishonest."

Agree with all of this.

Chelmsford

"No, animal standards in USA are disgusting, the stuff should even be allowed here as it goes against our food standards. "

What about USA vegetables and fruit ?

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"No, animal standards in USA are disgusting, the stuff should even be allowed here as it goes against our food standards.

What about USA vegetables and fruit ?"

As bad as their meat

Very dangerous,proven, pesticides used that are banned in eu

kildare

This thread is an after the fact discussion

It's a done deal

I don't agree with most factory farming, whether it be chicks, cattle, pigs, lambs.

I'm not totally read up on this, but a lot of livestock is pumped with antibiotics and other stuff to boost growth. I lasted less than half a day at an abattoir, as thought the "process" was horrible. That's why I prefer to shoot. Failing that, have friends that butcher on farm also.

kildare

"I work in agriculture and we are justifiably proud of the higher standards we operate too, brought about in no small part to the pressure and lobbying of consumer groups.

We feel it would be utter madness to surrender this advantage in trade negotiations. It’s not just animal welfare but traceability and accountability of how we operate and what we apply to crops and cattle in general.

Nothing good will come from lowering our standards to appease others be it America or anyone else.

I would be happy to raise our standards higher than EU and then tell them to step up. "

Great post

And a great offer Brexit plan

Unfortunately he's going the opposite way

kildare

"I don't agree with most factory farming, whether it be chicks, cattle, pigs, lambs.

I'm not totally read up on this, but a lot of livestock is pumped with antibiotics and other stuff to boost growth. I lasted less than half a day at an abattoir, as thought the "process" was horrible. That's why I prefer to shoot. Failing that, have friends that butcher on farm also. "

If you thought an abbatoir with EU standards were bad the US version is absolutely disgusting

They allow twicevas much pus,yes pus,in their milk and infected meat

Plus they allow sickeningly high amounts of rat hair,rat shit,rodent carcasses and lots of other shit

And thats their standards,they don't test half as much as we do so most products don't even meet those standards

Yes.

Its meat.

If you care for animal welfare then you cant really eat meat.

If you eat meat because little chick lived his short life in an open field ,that just saves your conscience.

Results is still the same.

Get slaughtered and rolled in breadcrumbs.

Nomnom.

Chelmsford

"Yes.

Its meat.

If you care for animal welfare then you cant really eat meat.

If you eat meat because little chick lived his short life in an open field ,that just saves your conscience.

Results is still the same.

Get slaughtered and rolled in breadcrumbs.

Nomnom."

What about happy eggs ?

"I don't agree with most factory farming, whether it be chicks, cattle, pigs, lambs.

I'm not totally read up on this, but a lot of livestock is pumped with antibiotics and other stuff to boost growth. I lasted less than half a day at an abattoir, as thought the "process" was horrible. That's why I prefer to shoot. Failing that, have friends that butcher on farm also.

If you thought an abbatoir with EU standards were bad the US version is absolutely disgusting

They allow twicevas much pus,yes pus,in their milk and infected meat

Plus they allow sickeningly high amounts of rat hair,rat shit,rodent carcasses and lots of other shit

And thats their standards,they don't test half as much as we do so most products don't even meet those standards

"

I can only imagine, and the thought is absolutely sickening. Yes we have better standards, but I didn't like the actual process of truck loads of animals being led single file... Then you can imagine the rest.

When I have hunted or fished, I've always been mindful of what I am doing, and always thabkful for the sustenance it will give me and my family, and think this is far more humane than mass produced meat.

If I was in America, I'd probably live off elk, deer etc.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

If it reduces food costs for those in need of “cheap protein” then so be it.... let’s be honest it’s not ideal but it is safe to eat.

It would be different if this was only fit for animal feed and we were asking people to eat it.

I have had no complaints about the food I’ve eaten in the US.... tbh it sounds a lot worse than it probably is.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

If people are worried then just buy British.....America might not want to have their products labelled where they are from but most British products are proud to display

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"If people are worried then just buy British.....America might not want to have their products labelled where they are from but most British products are proud to display "

If I was a poultry farmer I would be getting labels made up saying in big letters NOT CHLORINATED!

I probably wouldn't buy chicken from the U.S. (Or most other countries) as I dislike the idea of the environmental impact incurred transporting them plus also other countries don't have the same animal welfare standards.

Although the chlorination process doesn't really worry me as such, I'd eat American chicken in the USA with no real worries.

kildare

"If people are worried then just buy British.....America might not want to have their products labelled where they are from but most British products are proud to display "

What are you going to do when you eat out?

School dinners?

Hospitals?

When your kids visit other kids?

As it is,you know all those are safe

kildare

Those products proudly marked British now will be eventually still proudly marked British but will be produced by big US corporate food Inc to US standards

British farmers mostly won't be able to compete

Once let in,big US corp.will buy up farms and push small UK farmers out

The dollar always wins

kildare

"If people are worried then just buy British.....America might not want to have their products labelled where they are from but most British products are proud to display

If I was a poultry farmer I would be getting labels made up saying in big letters NOT CHLORINATED!

I probably wouldn't buy chicken from the U.S. (Or most other countries) as I dislike the idea of the environmental impact incurred transporting them plus also other countries don't have the same animal welfare standards.

Although the chlorination process doesn't really worry me as such, I'd eat American chicken in the USA with no real worries."

You are literally saying you are happy to eat shit

And rat shit at that

Mind boggling

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Some interesting thoughts.... This is, as some people like to keep reminding us a swinging site. Some on this site are already breaking the rules and meeting up and swapping body fluids with complete strangers, putting cocks and pussies in mouths and for the bareback lovers out there...

So I'm thinking, what's behind the tagline of this thread? Is it that we need to be more mindful of our health and what we put in our mouths?

I'm no fan of factory farming techniques, but some things we have no control over. What we choose to put in our mouths is very much in our control.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"If people are worried then just buy British.....America might not want to have their products labelled where they are from but most British products are proud to display

Although the chlorination process doesn't really worry me as such, I'd eat American chicken in the USA with no real worries.

And rat shit at that

Mind boggling"

So where does this rat shit come into this? More tabloid scaremongering??

If US chicken is so bad how come so many people (Americans and tourists alike) haven't been taken ill?

The USA has a well funded department of Agriculture and one of the highest qualities of life. I doubt this would be possible if their food was so unhygenic?

Also, do you question where your cheap chicken currently comes from? Those supermarket meal deal sandwiches mainly contain chicken imported from Thailand. I wonder how their farming compares with a first world country's?

kildare

And rat shit at that

Mind boggling

So where does this rat shit come into this? More tabloid scaremongering??

If US chicken is so bad how come so many people (Americans and tourists alike) haven't been taken ill?

The USA has a well funded department of Agriculture and one of the highest qualities of life. I doubt this would be possible if their food was so unhygenic?

Also, do you question where your cheap chicken currently comes from? Those supermarket meal deal sandwiches mainly contain chicken imported from Thailand. I wonder how their farming compares with a first world country's?"

They do be taken I'll

Food poisoning is multiples of what it is here

The rat shit comes from rats and it is allowed by their standards.fact

Like I said you seem to be happy to eat shit so Boris is doing good for you

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Not a great fan of chicken anyway, but if I buy it, I buy decent stuff, not the shite own brand stuff that has only had so much free space to roam after it was butchered and killed.

Like most of our food products, meat especially, it is too cheap. But while people don't care about food standards (and farmers being ripped off by the supermarkets) it will continue to happen."

How much room does a chicken need to roam after it’s butchered and killed?

» Add a new message to this topic