FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Calling the Dads of the forums

Calling the Dads of the forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *acey_Red OP   Woman  over a year ago

Liverpool

So I'm at a total loss of what to get my dad after many years of father's days. I feel like I've done food and drink to death. He's moving house in a couple of months so I thought about maybe getting him something for that. I already got him a Pink Floyd print for a moving in present when he moved a couple of years ago so I don't want to do something like that again. Any ideas anyone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

How old ... any interests ... budget ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You’re going to have to give is a little to go on...does he have any hobbies?

By *istretchMan  over a year ago

leeds

Im getting wireless ear phones

You can never go wrong with tools.

My dad is a nightmare to buy for, but tools are always appreciated.

As a dad myself I’d love to get tools! I’m getting a titanium ring with my daughters name engraved this Year, nothing fancy but it’ll be super hard wearing.

Liverpool

"How old ... any interests ... budget ? "

Music, football, cricket.

Maybe up to £50

How old is he?

xx

Just going to leave a place holder here so I can come back and check for inspo

Dad's just want their girl with them and to know they're loved.....

Bit weird I know... but why don't you ask him what he wants?

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

"How old ... any interests ... budget ?

Maybe up to £50"

Buy him a ticket to a premiership football match

Or to see Lancashire at Old Trafford

"Bit weird I know... but why don't you ask him what he wants? "

I haven’t asked mine as I like gifts to be a surprise

Liverpool

"You can never go wrong with tools.

My dad is a nightmare to buy for, but tools are always appreciated.

As a dad myself I’d love to get tools! I’m getting a titanium ring with my daughters name engraved this Year, nothing fancy but it’ll be super hard wearing. "

That's a good shout actually. He left all his at my mum's when they divorced. His old metal toolkit with its 1001 rusty screws and old fuses was still in my mum's garage when I moved out .

That ring sounds lovely

Well my dad doesn’t want anything. I usually make him something like a nice photo in a frame, a keyring, something for his garden or a gadget. Has he got an Alexa?

Liverpool

"Dad's just want their girl with them and to know they're loved..... "

We're having a get together in my brother's garden

You can’t go wrong with something music related but howsabout a framed photo montage of funny and cool photos of him or you all throughout the years to hang in his toilet? Sounds a but daft but id love that haha

Liverpool

"Bit weird I know... but why don't you ask him what he wants? "

He only ever says socks .

"Bit weird I know... but why don't you ask him what he wants?

I haven’t asked mine as I like gifts to be a surprise "

I'm crap at surprises, I always get the wrong thing.

"Dad's just want their girl with them and to know they're loved.....

We're having a get together in my brother's garden "

Cool, honestly that's all he needs rn

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

He only ever says socks . "

Maybe he wants socks then

Or maybe just letting him know you're thinking about him and he's loved?

Personally just hearing from and talking to my son with satisfy me .. it's not about material things

He only ever says socks . "

Get him socks

Liverpool

Maybe up to £50

Or to see Lancashire at Old Trafford "

His football team is a league 1 team in South London though but thanks anyway

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Socks, beers and big fat steak.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Vintage shirt for the sports team he supports?

Liverpool

"You can’t go wrong with something music related but howsabout a framed photo montage of funny and cool photos of him or you all throughout the years to hang in his toilet? Sounds a but daft but id love that haha "

You've actually given me such an amazing idea! It eould be hard to do without all the shops open but maybe for his next birthday. All our childhood photos are at my mums. He actually asked me not long ago to send some just on my phone. I'm totally going to get some of him with me and my brother copied and make a big montage of them. He would love to have that hanging on a wall. Thank you so much .

Notonthehighstreet have some lovely gifts. Maybe a nice glasses stand ?

Hailsham

"You can’t go wrong with something music related but howsabout a framed photo montage of funny and cool photos of him or you all throughout the years to hang in his toilet? Sounds a but daft but id love that haha

You've actually given me such an amazing idea! It eould be hard to do without all the shops open but maybe for his next birthday. All our childhood photos are at my mums. He actually asked me not long ago to send some just on my phone. I'm totally going to get some of him with me and my brother copied and make a big montage of them. He would love to have that hanging on a wall. Thank you so much . "

This exactly, it is far more personal and will be more appreciated than a material item because that's the "normal" thing to do

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m not much help to you as mine will be getting a voucher via email and a drawing I did of my lad, my step father will get the same

Hope you figure it out

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Serving afternoon tea in the garden for him Sunday. And have got him some socks made in the colours of his old Rugby team. He lost his cousin this year who played on the same team so when Rugby returns he can proudly go to the memorial game in his snazzy new socks.

"You can’t go wrong with something music related but howsabout a framed photo montage of funny and cool photos of him or you all throughout the years to hang in his toilet? Sounds a but daft but id love that haha

You've actually given me such an amazing idea! It eould be hard to do without all the shops open but maybe for his next birthday. All our childhood photos are at my mums. He actually asked me not long ago to send some just on my phone. I'm totally going to get some of him with me and my brother copied and make a big montage of them. He would love to have that hanging on a wall. Thank you so much . "

No problemo...yay I’ve been useful!

I remember spending far too long locked in a toilet at a party looking at a massive one (oo er missus) it was so cool and very unique. xx

Liverpool

Personally just hearing from and talking to my son with satisfy me .. it's not about material things"

I know it isn't. We talk most days and I see him nearly every week. The time we couldn't see each other in full lockdown was probably the longest we've ever gone and the first thing I did when we could meet 1 person outdoors again was go and meet up with him to walk his dog.

I always do get him socks too but almost as a joke present as I'm not just getting him socks. I just feel like with both my parents that after all the years they have treated me and my brother that now I'm an adult and I can, I want to give back. He loves us always and it doesn't take away from us spending time together. It's just nice.

Liverpool

"Socks, beers and big fat steak. "

(except he's vegetarian so maybe a pizza )

Liverpool

"Vintage shirt for the sports team he supports?"

Another brilliant idea! Especially as he's an AFC Wimbledon supporter. If I could get hold of an old Wimbledon FC shirt we would be made up!

Liverpool

"Notonthehighstreet have some lovely gifts. Maybe a nice glasses stand ?"

That's a nice idea. Or something personalalised for the kitchen. Thank you

Hailsham

Personally just hearing from and talking to my son with satisfy me .. it's not about material things

I know it isn't. We talk most days and I see him nearly every week. The time we couldn't see each other in full lockdown was probably the longest we've ever gone and the first thing I did when we could meet 1 person outdoors again was go and meet up with him to walk his dog.

I always do get him socks too but almost as a joke present as I'm not just getting him socks. I just feel like with both my parents that after all the years they have treated me and my brother that now I'm an adult and I can, I want to give back. He loves us always and it doesn't take away from us spending time together. It's just nice. "

Honestly, as a father,I didn't raise my son such that he can give back when he's older ... just knowing he is safe, happy and that he cares and he knows I care for him is enough ... I love the picture montage idea... it shows far more thought and caring that the latest power drill... but you must do what feels right for you and him. It's a very personal choice

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

"Im getting wireless ear phones"

I bought my dad some last year for Father's Day. More for mum's benefit than his haha.

My dad is at that age (nearly 82) where I buy him stuff that I want to inherit back in a few years

I never get anything other than cards from my kids as they both live miles away, though my eldest did phone tonight with the news that her university emailed her to say they've accepted her thesis, the certificate is in the post (no graduation ceremony due to Covid) and she can now call herself Dr, so that's made me a proud old dad and the best present I could wish for.

Liverpool

"I’m not much help to you as mine will be getting a voucher via email and a drawing I did of my lad, my step father will get the same

Hope you figure it out "

Drawings are a lovely idea! I'm sure they will love them. Thank you!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I have 2 dads to buy for and it's a bloody nightmare!

This year, I had a choice of buying a crap £15 bottle of wine to send by post, or because we are still shut in (well especially us here in Scotland) I bought a grow your own rainbow veg kit from Moon pig, I ordered it Friday night and it arrived yesterday, it will at least give them something to do with no excuses

Liverpool

"Serving afternoon tea in the garden for him Sunday. And have got him some socks made in the colours of his old Rugby team. He lost his cousin this year who played on the same team so when Rugby returns he can proudly go to the memorial game in his snazzy new socks. "

That is honestly so lovely! I'm sure it will mean a lot!

Liverpool

You've actually given me such an amazing idea! It eould be hard to do without all the shops open but maybe for his next birthday. All our childhood photos are at my mums. He actually asked me not long ago to send some just on my phone. I'm totally going to get some of him with me and my brother copied and make a big montage of them. He would love to have that hanging on a wall. Thank you so much .

No problemo...yay I’ve been useful!

I remember spending far too long locked in a toilet at a party looking at a massive one (oo er missus) it was so cool and very unique. xx"

Hahaha!

Old photos are wonderful aren't they! I'd probably have been the same!

Boyz and there toys never go out of fashion, a drone or remote control helicopter would be great fun for him. You could get a good sized helicopter for around £50

Photobox have been open through lockdown. They do photo books or other things like canvas or mugs. You could take pics of the photos using your phone and upload. Something in the meantime until photo places open up.

Liverpool

I always do get him socks too but almost as a joke present as I'm not just getting him socks. I just feel like with both my parents that after all the years they have treated me and my brother that now I'm an adult and I can, I want to give back. He loves us always and it doesn't take away from us spending time together. It's just nice.

Honestly, as a father,I didn't raise my son such that he can give back when he's older ... just knowing he is safe, happy and that he cares and he knows I care for him is enough ... I love the picture montage idea... it shows far more thought and caring that the latest power drill... but you must do what feels right for you and him. It's a very personal choice"

Okay, you've made your point. My dad doesn't expect fancy things, nor did he raise me to expect to have to give them. Its just something I like doing. As you say its a personal thing. You might want to look at something called the languages of love. We all express love and feel love in different ways. I enjoy giving gifts. Even if its as small as randomly giving someone thier favourite chocolate bar. My dad knows I love him to bits and he's a great dad. I enjoy giving nice gifts to people I care about. It doesn't take away from any of the rest of it.

When my Dad was alive, I could never go wrong with a big bottle of Grouse.

Birthday, Fathers Day and bloody Christmas.

Liverpool

"Im getting wireless ear phones

I bought my dad some last year for Father's Day. More for mum's benefit than his haha.

My dad is at that age (nearly 82) where I buy him stuff that I want to inherit back in a few years

I never get anything other than cards from my kids as they both live miles away, though my eldest did phone tonight with the news that her university emailed her to say they've accepted her thesis, the certificate is in the post (no graduation ceremony due to Covid) and she can now call herself Dr, so that's made me a proud old dad and the best present I could wish for."

Aww how lovely for your daughter. That's wonderful news. I bet you visibly swelled at hearing it .

Liverpool

"I have 2 dads to buy for and it's a bloody nightmare!

This year, I had a choice of buying a crap £15 bottle of wine to send by post, or because we are still shut in (well especially us here in Scotland) I bought a grow your own rainbow veg kit from Moon pig, I ordered it Friday night and it arrived yesterday, it will at least give them something to do with no excuses "

Oh bless! What a lovely idea though. I'm sure they'll enjoy growing and then eating them!

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

Father's day is a made up commercial opportunity for the retail industry.

As such I tell my kids, and grandkids(!), to make/buy me card, and maybe a bar of Old Jamaica chocolate.

Stuff for the house is tricky, if I need it I buy it.

"So I'm at a total loss of what to get my dad after many years of father's days. I feel like I've done food and drink to death. He's moving house in a couple of months so I thought about maybe getting him something for that. I already got him a Pink Floyd print for a moving in present when he moved a couple of years ago so I don't want to do something like that again. Any ideas anyone? "

Have you tried asking him what he would like?

Just spend time with him, hung him and say thank you and you love him.

Liverpool

"Boyz and there toys never go out of fashion, a drone or remote control helicopter would be great fun for him. You could get a good sized helicopter for around £50"

Probably not my dads cup of tea but might have a look for my brothers birthday later this year

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

"So I'm at a total loss of what to get my dad after many years of father's days. I feel like I've done food and drink to death. He's moving house in a couple of months so I thought about maybe getting him something for that. I already got him a Pink Floyd print for a moving in present when he moved a couple of years ago so I don't want to do something like that again. Any ideas anyone? "

My dad (74) was moaning about having to hold his phone up while participating on zoom calls. So I sent him a phone stand. He accidentally opened it early but was well chuffed and has already been using it!!! Lol. Cheap and cheerful and gratefully received!!!

Might not be helpful, but maybe think along a practical line?

Mrs J x

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I never get anything other than cards from my kids as they both live miles away, though my eldest did phone tonight with the news that her university emailed her to say they've accepted her thesis, the certificate is in the post (no graduation ceremony due to Covid) and she can now call herself Dr, so that's made me a proud old dad and the best present I could wish for.

Aww how lovely for your daughter. That's wonderful news. I bet you visibly swelled at hearing it ."

Thank you. Yes, I am proud as punch. She specialised throughout her BSc, Masters and PhD in Bio-Medical science.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

As a 55 year old Dad who likes music and football - I feel qualified to answer and the honest one is that I wouldn't expect anything, but also appreciate that's not the one you're looking for...

...but I'd appreciate anything that has had some thought behind it and is personalised..also appreciate the difficulty of limited shopping opportunities currently.

How about an IOU for gig tickets to a band of his choice that you'll go and see together when gigs start again?

Memorabilia associated with his favourite band or football team?

Wimbledon FC 1988 Cup Final programme perhaps?

Any books available for his favourite bands?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My dad has a go at me when I get him things

I give my mum two Mother's Days. Dad opts out of both

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

A framed photo of you and him.... I know I'd love one of me and my kids

I've only got my dad a card this year, with an IUO inside for treats after he comes out of his quarantine (he's 84 with COPD) ..

A few yrs ago as I'm quite crafty I made him a clock with an RAF theme which he loved and its still going!

By *heltenhamBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

B&Q vouchers.....can't go wrong with those

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"

I haven’t asked mine as I like gifts to be a surprise "

Perfect

Not sure about others but, I have enough socks, underwear, t-shirt, jumpers (as I haven't warn some those will be going to charity shops after sort out) mugs, aftershave, bath stuff, torches, tools.

Honestly I don't need anything, I would love a hug though.

I am just getting my dad a gift box of his favourite Indian sweets from his favourite Indian bakery. Will get far more use than anything else I've ever bought him for father's day!

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Bought mine a rose for his garden and going to make a cream tea to take to him

But all I want to do is give him a hug, but a can't right now.

Jo x

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Mauchline

I bought my Dad a bonsai tree

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Gloryhole

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Moelfre

I'll second the IOU gig ticket suggestion. Even better if it's two tickets and you go with him x

Liverpool

"So I'm at a total loss of what to get my dad after many years of father's days. I feel like I've done food and drink to death. He's moving house in a couple of months so I thought about maybe getting him something for that. I already got him a Pink Floyd print for a moving in present when he moved a couple of years ago so I don't want to do something like that again. Any ideas anyone?

My dad (74) was moaning about having to hold his phone up while participating on zoom calls. So I sent him a phone stand. He accidentally opened it early but was well chuffed and has already been using it!!! Lol. Cheap and cheerful and gratefully received!!!

Might not be helpful, but maybe think along a practical line?

Mrs J x"

Aww it's great when you get them something they find really useful isn't it!

Liverpool

Aww how lovely for your daughter. That's wonderful news. I bet you visibly swelled at hearing it .

Thank you. Yes, I am proud as punch. She specialised throughout her BSc, Masters and PhD in Bio-Medical science."

Amazing

Bham

"Socks, beers and big fat steak.

(except he's vegetarian so maybe a pizza ) "

Damn

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I probably won't even get a card from mine.

Liverpool

"As a 55 year old Dad who likes music and football - I feel qualified to answer and the honest one is that I wouldn't expect anything, but also appreciate that's not the one you're looking for...

...but I'd appreciate anything that has had some thought behind it and is personalised..also appreciate the difficulty of limited shopping opportunities currently.

How about an IOU for gig tickets to a band of his choice that you'll go and see together when gigs start again?

Memorabilia associated with his favourite band or football team?

Wimbledon FC 1988 Cup Final programme perhaps?

Any books available for his favourite bands? "

They're great ideas thank you GM! I've got so many ideas now

Liverpool

"My dad has a go at me when I get him things

I give my mum two Mother's Days. Dad opts out of both "

Haha bless him!

Liverpool

"So I'm at a total loss of what to get my dad after many years of father's days. I feel like I've done food and drink to death. He's moving house in a couple of months so I thought about maybe getting him something for that. I already got him a Pink Floyd print for a moving in present when he moved a couple of years ago so I don't want to do something like that again. Any ideas anyone?

A framed photo of you and him.... I know I'd love one of me and my kids "

That's a lovely idea

Maybe up to £50

Or to see Lancashire at Old Trafford

His football team is a league 1 team in South London though but thanks anyway "

They will be playing up that way still... Blackpool?

Liverpool

"I've only got my dad a card this year, with an IUO inside for treats after he comes out of his quarantine (he's 84 with COPD) ..

A few yrs ago as I'm quite crafty I made him a clock with an RAF theme which he loved and its still going! "

Oh bless I bet you miss him loads! Aww that's lovely. Homemade gifts are great

Liverpool

"I am just getting my dad a gift box of his favourite Indian sweets from his favourite Indian bakery. Will get far more use than anything else I've ever bought him for father's day! "

Haha! Sounds yummy!

I got mine a Roku stick so he can watch programmes other than Dad's Army. Every time I go round and he's watching TV it seems to be on lol

Liverpool

"Bought mine a rose for his garden and going to make a cream tea to take to him

But all I want to do is give him a hug, but a can't right now.

Jo x "

It's tough isn't it

Liverpool

"I probably won't even get a card from mine."

Sorry to hear that

By *nG BlackburnCouple  over a year ago

Blackburn and Bolton Areas

Hope he doesn't see your pics or posts.

[Removed by poster at 18/06/20 09:33:30]

"Hope he doesn't see your pics or posts. "

What a strange thing to say!

I asked my Dad and he wanted fence post anchors so he can secure their climbing roses to the fence. Garden stuff seems a popular choice for both my Mum and Dad.

Bham

Wtf

Have a look at “not on the high street” some really imaginative and sometimes whacky but brilliant gifts on there! Got my Dad some awesome gifts from there! X

What an awful thing to say.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Oooh just thought of another - did he have a favourite comic as a kid? Most of them have annuals of a kind of "best of" published in more recent years - I was bought a copy of the "Victor" one a few years ago and loved that.

Or anything retro from his era really - there's lots of good stuff around

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Hope he doesn't see your pics or posts.

What an awful thing to say. "

When my dad passed away I visited where he grew up and got a map of the area from the hotel and framed it. I know my dad would have loved that as a present as it was so personal and nostalgic. It's inexpensive and maybe another idea for you?

Don't know if it helps but the last present i got was those little wireless earbuds, best pressie ever

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

"When my dad passed away I visited where he grew up and got a map of the area from the hotel and framed it. I know my dad would have loved that as a present as it was so personal and nostalgic. It's inexpensive and maybe another idea for you? "

Great idea or even the front page of a paper on the day he was born

I know shit all about sport, but if he's into music of the Pink Floyd variety, how about a subscription to Classic Rock or Prog magazine?

Manchester (she/her)

I took my lashings on his last milestone birthday and got my dad a nice wallet. Something he carries with him every day - he likes it, it makes him think of me.

Something like that? Not necessarily a wallet or watch, but, a thing he's always got with him.

By *ornyyorksMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

A subscription to fab

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

For my 60th my sister bought me a Rolex watch, whilst helping my daughter move house some 12 years ago the watch got broken beyond repair, not having the nerve to tell my sister about the disaster and not having it insured my son in law got me a fake one on a visit to Hong Kong. Fast forward to my 80th last January my daughter bought me a replacement genuine Rolex watch safe in the knowledge that she will inherit it on my passing which could be anytime soon the way I am feeling at present time.

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Bothwell

Maybe up to £50"

I am 50 (just) and for the last couple of years I have asked my daughter just to make me something. She made me a scrap book full of old photos for my birthday and It is the best present I’ve ever had.

Liverpool

"I asked my Dad and he wanted fence post anchors so he can secure their climbing roses to the fence. Garden stuff seems a popular choice for both my Mum and Dad."

I was thinking of something for the garden as his new place is his first with a garden.

Liverpool

"Hope he doesn't see your pics or posts.

What an awful thing to say. "

Can't even ask for present ideas for my dad without people being unpleasant. Fab all over really!

Liverpool

"Oooh just thought of another - did he have a favourite comic as a kid? Most of them have annuals of a kind of "best of" published in more recent years - I was bought a copy of the "Victor" one a few years ago and loved that.

Or anything retro from his era really - there's lots of good stuff around "

Not that I know of but thanks again anyway GM. Appreciate it!

Liverpool

"When my dad passed away I visited where he grew up and got a map of the area from the hotel and framed it. I know my dad would have loved that as a present as it was so personal and nostalgic. It's inexpensive and maybe another idea for you? "

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That was a lovely thing to do. My dad and his siblings got my nan a painting on the town she grew up in in Holland for her birthday one year. It was lovely and she got a little emotional.

Liverpool

"When my dad passed away I visited where he grew up and got a map of the area from the hotel and framed it. I know my dad would have loved that as a present as it was so personal and nostalgic. It's inexpensive and maybe another idea for you?

Great idea or even the front page of a paper on the day he was born "

I got this for his 50th. It was a hardback book bound with a copy of the paper from the day he was born and then the front page from each of his birthdays!

How about a brew your own beer kit my kids got me that last year I loved it. By my kids got me that I mean I brought it and my eldest wrapped it up lol

I'm old enough to be yer dad and a bit of Thornton's fudge or a ten quid ale supermarket deal would do .

Or.. a Cosworth Sierra

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think best gifts are memories. Something to do, or a meaningful keepsake such as a special picture or a photobook full of a lifetime of dad-daughter memories. Or an experience day like a hot air balloon trip or driving a ferrari (or a tank).

Cal

By *airyChestedDaveMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Maybe up to £50"

What about some football/cricket memorabilia for his new house

Manchester (she/her)

Oooh! This was for my mum, but similar sort of thing. Think the sentiment not the item.

Mum had a signature item of jewellery she wore every day. From before I was born until it broke, and couldn't be repaired, in my teens. She was devastated.

For her last milestone birthday I hunted something down. It wasn't the same, that doesn't exist anymore. But it was really similar. I explained my memory of this piece of jewellery, and that I was trying to bring it back to her.

She liked what I got. She was moved by the motivation behind it.

I've gone for a selection of craft beers and will have a zoom drink with him

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

Give him a hug, make him a cup of tea, tell him that you love him and spend 30 minutes with him.

I'd prefer that rather than a £1000 gift.

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

By *erkscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Wokingham

Hi

As a father of 4, my advice is do what mine do to me and force me to do a list. Things for the garden, tool bits are always handy.

Good luck, never easy buying for dads who tend to have most thing

Xx

Manchester (she/her)

"Hi

As a father of 4, my advice is do what mine do to me and force me to do a list. Things for the garden, tool bits are always handy.

Xx"

My dad just refuses

My father in law is ex raf. So we got him his name wrote underneath the vulcan bomber. He's gonna cry like a little kid as we know he a tually worked on the very same aircraft

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

This! Childrens time is the most precious!

Depending on budget, a nice watch? Photo of you and him/ other family members?

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"You can’t go wrong with something music related but howsabout a framed photo montage of funny and cool photos of him or you all throughout the years to hang in his toilet? Sounds a but daft but id love that haha "

One of my daughters did this a few years ago. Don't know how she managed to get hold of some of the really old pictures. But I look at it every day and it always brightens me up

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

waterproof bathroom radio

Liverpool

"How about a brew your own beer kit my kids got me that last year I loved it. By my kids got me that I mean I brought it and my eldest wrapped it up lol"

Hope you enjoyed the beer!

Liverpool

"Oooh! This was for my mum, but similar sort of thing. Think the sentiment not the item.

Mum had a signature item of jewellery she wore every day. From before I was born until it broke, and couldn't be repaired, in my teens. She was devastated.

For her last milestone birthday I hunted something down. It wasn't the same, that doesn't exist anymore. But it was really similar. I explained my memory of this piece of jewellery, and that I was trying to bring it back to her.

She liked what I got. She was moved by the motivation behind it."

That's really lovely!

Liverpool

Give him a hug, make him a cup of tea, tell him that you love him and spend 30 minutes with him.

I'd prefer that rather than a £1000 gift."

I do that at least once a week normally when there isn't a pandemic. I've still been seeing him every week since its been allowed but outside.

Liverpool

"Hi

Xx"

That's the problem! Lots of disposable income while living in a 2 bed flat and no longer having kids to suppport. Anything he wants he gets himself .

Liverpool

"My father in law is ex raf. So we got him his name wrote underneath the vulcan bomber. He's gonna cry like a little kid as we know he a tually worked on the very same aircraft "

Aww I bet you're so excited to give it to him!

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Pink floyd face mask?

Liverpool

Thanks for all the suggestions . Some of you are angels and I've loved hearing about the thoughtful gifts you've got for your own dads!

By *astersubMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

My dad and I used to read the old commando comic books on holiday. when I was young. They still bring 4 out every month priced £2,50 each. WH SMITHS usually do them. I will be going to try and buy the 4 of them tomorrow lol

By *iggers51Man  over a year ago

tamworth

Give him them 2 records you are holding and do new pic lol xx

They are doing lots of vinyl LPs now, asda maybe them....he could treat himself to turntable x

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

B&Q voucher? So he can decorate etc...

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

Trowbridge

My boys have bought me a Tig Torch for my suitcase welder and all of the bits.....

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

My kids arent in the habit of buying me stuff. Theyre not very old.... and its my birthday this weekend too.

Makes me a little sad until I realise im lucky to have their love and companionship

» Add a new message to this topic