FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It’s time

It’s time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For me to say au revoir for good this time. After a few weeks of what I can only describe as bullying, bitching and constant snidey remarks I’ve got to the stage where I can’t stand it anymore. It has got to me badly. I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I really don’t deserve this. Why someone would do that I really don’t know. Jealousy and bitterness is a sad thing. And today to find out that it’s my friends too is just too much. I’m proud I didn’t retaliate though. The absolute lies are unbelievable. I don’t want to go but i need to.

Most of you have been such a good laugh and been a wonderful escape from(as some of you know) a tough life sometimes. I’m in fucking tears typing this and we all know that’s not me! Lol. So I need to go!

I’ll miss you all like crazy I really will. This will probably be deleted but hopefully some of you will see it. Love to you all

Nora xxx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

God I'm really sorry to read this Nora . I had no idea you were going through that. I know I and many others will be sorry to see you go, especially in these circumstances.

One last thing. How the fuck do I delete?! I cant find it!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Stay. Stand up to these bullies. Please do not leave.

"Stay. Stand up to these bullies. Please do not leave."

I can’t. It’s nearly everyone. People believe the shit. It’s not fair but I need to go. I can’t find how to!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I shall miss you, even though we only bounced ideas off each other occasionally...take care..x

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Why leave if they not the friends you thought they were , move on an d stay

"For me to say au revoir for good this time. After a few weeks of what I can only describe as bullying, bitching and constant snidey remarks I’ve got to the stage where I can’t stand it anymore. It has got to me badly. I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I really don’t deserve this. Why someone would do that I really don’t know. Jealousy and bitterness is a sad thing. And today to find out that it’s my friends too is just too much. I’m proud I didn’t retaliate though. The absolute lies are unbelievable. I don’t want to go but i need to.

Most of you have been such a good laugh and been a wonderful escape from(as some of you know) a tough life sometimes. I’m in fucking tears typing this and we all know that’s not me! Lol. So I need to go!

I’ll miss you all like crazy I really will. This will probably be deleted but hopefully some of you will see it. Love to you all

Nora xxx"

This is awful to read Nora, so sorry you feel like you have to leave because of grown adults, shameful behaviour.

You bring so many smiles to people with your threads and posts, you give a lot more to the forums than you realise and it will be sad times without you

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Account Privacy Settings very last option, delete account.

Sorry to see you go. You are a lovely person and I enjoy your forum posts.

"Stay. Stand up to these bullies. Please do not leave.

I can’t. It’s nearly everyone. People believe the shit. It’s not fair but I need to go. I can’t find how to! "

If people believe it then those people are not worth knowing either

Take some timeout and then come back with a new account. Good luck!

[Removed by poster at 17/06/20 19:04:04]

I h no, I’m sorry to see you go. I didn’t realise you was going through all of that. Sometimes for your own sanity you need to call it a day. Take care x

Glasgowish

Be strong. Hold your head high. Do not let them win.x

Nottinghamshire

"Be strong. Hold your head high. Do not let them win.x"
to late she gone

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Bollox to em all ......dont take it to heart ....not worth it ..XXx

There are some awful bullies on the forums.

Ohh no I'm gutted.

I know she was having a rough time but I'm really going to miss her. Xx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh no

I never got to know nora but always enjoyed seeing her on the forum. Im gobsmacked shes gone and really gutted shes put up with so much behind closed doors.

Glasgowish

That is so sad. Why can folk not keep their noses out of other peoples lives. Some nasty folk about but to realise they were your friends must be awful. Rotten sods. I am angry and i did not even know Nora

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Take care of yourself first Nora and come back if and when you think you are ready to x

"That is so sad. Why can folk not keep their noses out of other peoples lives. Some nasty folk about but to realise they were your friends must be awful. Rotten sods. I am angry and i did not even know Nora "

Yes its really sad, unfortunately there is a bit of it about at the moment.

I think people are frustrated but thats no excuse to be horrible.

Oh

If you're reading this I hope you come back - I dont know what happened but try not to take the pyjama keyboard warriors to heart!

Hugs xx

By *oreno0969Man  over a year ago

Rugby

Oh Nora i know you wont be able to see this now but i am so sorry and sad to see you go i for one will miss you very much indeed. I was so hoping to becone your PA and the offer will always stand as long as my application does stay safe stay happy and i hope to see you again one day soo xx

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Ah crap I liked Nora and her no nonsense attitude.

Shame people have to be such busy fuckers.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Online threats and potential for violence from a complete (male) stranger has made me completely re-evaluate any future involvement on here. Username change, spoken to the culprit and hopefully resolved. I was considering Police involvement. His profile has gone after being reported to admin, but it’ll be a long time until I believe the threat is gone.

Sad really. Up until this happened I was happy on here.

I don’t blame Nora for leaving. I didn’t know her but I enjoyed her posts.

I’m so sorry Nora. I’ll miss you

There are people on here deliberately spreading lies about people and it needs to stop.

These are real people who get hurt! What is wrong with these people!

I hope no one else feels like this. To feel pushed out of a community, designed to connect people, that should be open and inclusive to everyone is really really shitty.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I didn't know Nora other than her forum posts.

However, I hope that Nora feels able to return and that those who contributed to her leaving, take a long hard look at themselves.

Sadly, it's so much easier to bully online

There has been lots of snide comments and posts recently.

Its such a shame.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Nora,

I’m sorry to see you go and that you’ve had to go through this. If you read this (from afar) then chin up my lovely.

I wish you all the very best. Better days lay ahead, so hang on in there, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and walk tall.

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

So sad to read this

D.

[Removed by poster at 17/06/20 19:25:18]

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

I never got to know Nora outside of the forums, but she seemed like a nice person in most of what she posted.

It's never nice to read farewell threads like this and I hope those who have bullied her are thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Thats such a sad post to read but i completely understand about the bullying..there's a lot of it about on here, unfortunately.. but to find out its from your so called friends too...

I hope she returns eventually

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Oh no, Nora

What on earth's been going on? The forums used to be such a fun place to hang out...there's always the odd wierdo but you can't get on with everyone, and it's easy to avoid them. It's so sad to hear that bullying and nastiness got so bad that it drove away such a fun character of the forums.

I hope you take some time out and rejoin us under a different guide Nora, you'll be missed

"I never got to know Nora outside of the forums, but she seemed like a nice person in most of what she posted.

It's never nice to read farewell threads like this and I hope those who have bullied her are thoroughly ashamed of themselves "

I hope so too but unfortunately too many people hide behind " Well I am only giving my opinion" or "its only banter"

All too often people post on sites like this and think nothing of their nasty comments as they see it as "only the Internet " But what they forget is there is real people at the end of those comments.

Nottinghamshire

"I never got to know Nora outside of the forums, but she seemed like a nice person in most of what she posted.

It's never nice to read farewell threads like this and I hope those who have bullied her are thoroughly ashamed of themselves

I hope so too but unfortunately too many people hide behind " Well I am only giving my opinion" or "its only banter"

All too often people post on sites like this and think nothing of their nasty comments as they see it as "only the Internet " But what they forget is there is real people at the end of those comments."

but these were her friends ,so was it happening elsewere rather than the forums? Not everything happens in the forums, just go to show tho if her friends did this then they were not her real friends in the first place

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I hope no one else feels like this. To feel pushed out of a community, designed to connect people, that should be open and inclusive to everyone is really really shitty. "

Agreed. Nora, I don't know what went on but I hope in time you heal and can leave the crap behind. The fora is for everyone.

All too often people post on sites like this and think nothing of their nasty comments as they see it as "only the Internet " But what they forget is there is real people at the end of those comments. but these were her friends ,so was it happening elsewere rather than the forums? Not everything happens in the forums, just go to show tho if her friends did this then they were not her real friends in the first place "

Oh i know but the same stands for all contact as I'm sure they would not have said it to face.

I wasn't just meaning Norah there's been some really snide things going on and it just needs to stop. We tend to stay out of most of it but it was reminder to people that its not "just the Internet"

"Take some timeout and then come back with a new account. Good luck! "

Which is something I do quite a lot.

It does help too

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Sadly it's always been like that on here. Fake friendships, bitchiness and back stabbing. My advice would be take it all with a pinch of salt. For some fab is their life, literally, and that is really quite sad. See it for what it is: smoke and mirrors. Be happy in your new life OP.

Oh Nora.. I'm terribly sad to read this Hope to see you at next MLS if you decide to come back or any other group social and finally have a proper chat.. bullying is a real thing.. but to get that from friends.. it's a terrible stab in the back.. and unforgivable. X

gosh I'm on here alot just lately and have no idea what's going on...

Sad someone feels the need to go..i must admit I've felt a bit ignored on here lately but persevered

"gosh I'm on here alot just lately and have no idea what's going on...

Sad someone feels the need to go..i must admit I've felt a bit ignored on here lately but persevered "

I'm sorry you have felt ignored.

I'm glad you stayed but, you keep posting. X

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

After today I’ve realised that I’m the last to know everything, walk round in a daze and know sod all that’s going on.... and you know what that makes me VERY BLOODY LUCKY.

I don’t know why all the bitching and biting but it’s awful to hear about.

so good too see positivity and support. Yet so sad a good member of the forum has had to leave, didn't know Nora other than forum posts. Wishing her all the best and hope she does return..

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"There are some awful bullies on the forums."

Well, bugger.

Sad someone feels the need to go..i must admit I've felt a bit ignored on here lately but persevered

I'm sorry you have felt ignored.

I'm glad you stayed but, you keep posting. X"

Thankyou xx

Oh no I really liked Nora. I hope she comes back. It's awful that there are people have brought her to tears and made her feel like she has to leave. I've been here ages and she's always seemed so pleasant.

All too often people post on sites like this and think nothing of their nasty comments as they see it as "only the Internet " But what they forget is there is real people at the end of those comments. but these were her friends ,so was it happening elsewere rather than the forums? Not everything happens in the forums, just go to show tho if her friends did this then they were not her real friends in the first place

Oh i know but the same stands for all contact as I'm sure they would not have said it to face.

I wasn't just meaning Norah there's been some really snide things going on and it just needs to stop. We tend to stay out of most of it but it was reminder to people that its not "just the Internet""

I totally agree.. I called someone out on a thread they started yesterday which was, i believe, a direct dig at me... strangely enough they never responded..

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

And the ‘absolutely nothing nice to say whatsoever but I will come on just to say summat nasty and state it’s “just my opinion”. ’ brigade are tiring.

This is awful all this bitchyness and backstabbing needs to stop. What the hell is wrong with people??

Scunthorpe

Sad someone feels the need to go..i must admit I've felt a bit ignored on here lately but persevered "

Many of my posts aren't responded to.

It doesn't mean they are ignoring you. This is where a like option would be good.

I would rather be ignored on here, than people attempt to bully me.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

“The tongue is a small thing but what enormous damage it can cause”

"And the ‘absolutely nothing nice to say whatsoever but I will come on just to say summat nasty and state it’s “just my opinion”. ’ brigade are tiring.

"

As are the “I tell it like it is” brigades

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Goodbye Nora

All too often people post on sites like this and think nothing of their nasty comments as they see it as "only the Internet " But what they forget is there is real people at the end of those comments. but these were her friends ,so was it happening elsewere rather than the forums? Not everything happens in the forums, just go to show tho if her friends did this then they were not her real friends in the first place

I wasn't just meaning Norah there's been some really snide things going on and it just needs to stop. We tend to stay out of most of it but it was reminder to people that its not "just the Internet"

I totally agree.. I called someone out on a thread they started yesterday which was, i believe, a direct dig at me... strangely enough they never responded.."

Its just not necessary.

I don't know what people hope to gain because it always gets called down eventually.

Oh heck I really hope Nora will be ok tbh I've not actually read alot of the threads lately so I must of missed all the nastiness thankfully. If anyone can get a message to her please tell her I hope she's ok and I hope after some time away she changes her mind and comes back. As much as this place can be not so nice it also can provide a lot of strength and support. Please everyone think before you type and BE KIND xxx

Nora's gone? Well that sucks.

Yeah I have a life outside of fab, but it doesn't include Nora or a bunch of other people on here that I'd miss...

Ah well...

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Why are adults bullying on here? how ridiculous, these adult people should be ashamed if that’s what makes them happy and if I was Nora certainly wouldn’t class them as friends.

I know the forum as people that try to turn and twist people’s words to make them look bad for whatever reason, if that happens to me I just call them out on it and hopefully they jog on.

It’s about time people grew up if they think bullying is a cool thing to do

It doesn't mean they are ignoring you. This is where a like option would be good.

I would rather be ignored on here, than people attempt to bully me."

Yeah i guess its just been a lonely time for me and I feel a bit vulnerable and when you come here for light relief.. its disappointing when you be honest and nobody replies.. but you're right.. just me being sensitive

It’s sad to read that Nora felt compelled to leave after the actions of others, shame on you if you were one of those that made her feel this way.

Why do people care what others on a forum think??? Seriously? There's the problem. Some People are fuckers who like to pick on the vulnerable. Sad but true.

Reading Nora's farewell post has saddened me.

I didn't know her other than as a fellow member of the forum, who posted good advice with balanced views and inclusive threads.

But someone (Nora) has been hurt by comments made here, and that's not good.

I have seen shit and nonsense going on within the forum recently, not regarding Nora but in general terms. And it's not a nice environment, it's not always inclusive.

I am not asking people to shit glitter, I am asking people to be mindful, and give a shit about each other.

We all come here for a reason, nobody needs to know each other's reasons or personal business but this place is often an escape from real life situations.

Over this past week I have started calling out the bad behaviour just as I would call out such bullying behaviour the real world.

I really don't want to come across as a headmistress (unless it's a sexy one ) but please stop the negativity towards each other.

I hope one day Nora returns, and she is welcomed back to the forum by everyone because she will most certainly be welcomed back by me.

Her x

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Yeah i guess its just been a lonely time for me and I feel a bit vulnerable and when you come here for light relief.. its disappointing when you be honest and nobody replies.. but you're right.. just me being sensitive "

Don’t feel vulnerable, people ignore us most of the time on the forum so don’t take it personally or to heart, you will see that there are often the same people that just chat between themselves and don’t include others, especially if it’s flirty lol

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

Was that Nora the explorer? I hope that she's ok. Online bullies can be a terrible thing. Not big enough to say those things to your face. Stay strong out there, wherever you are, if only for my sanity.

Sad times, whoever’s caused that must feel pretty pleased with themselves...would make more sense if when you blocked someone that you also couldn’t see their posts...one thing FB has going for it (just the one though).

Scunthorpe

Yeah i guess its just been a lonely time for me and I feel a bit vulnerable and when you come here for light relief.. its disappointing when you be honest and nobody replies.. but you're right.. just me being sensitive "

I'm fortunate to be a glass half full person, with excellent mental health.

Not everyone is so lucky, take care.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Awww no

Scunthorpe

"Why do people care what others on a forum think??? Seriously? There's the problem. Some People are fuckers who like to pick on the vulnerable. Sad but true. "

Like you random strangers words can't hurt me. Though not everyone is as thick skinned as us.

Bullies only pick on the vulnerable ones

To the people saying they feel ignored i totally get why you feel that way, i do too sometimes.

Please remember that there are many very inclusive posters but it's not always possible or necessary to reply.

You all just keep reading and posting.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm really shocked

I never knew Nora but I never saw any posts from her that were unkind, quite the opposite.

These keyboard warriors should feel very ashamed. I sincerely hope I am not friends with any of them

Jo x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

For clarity, there was no reports of bullying on the forum from this user so all I can assume is it was in private.

If there were comments on the forum that a mod needs to look at always report please. If any rule breaking is going on in mails report those

I would be the first to say the forum is sometimes an unfriendly place, not everyone will get on with each other....but the more subtle digs where a mod won't know if it is banter or not should be reported or ask the person on the thread to not converse with you and it should stop it, if it doesn't, report