FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does god exist?

Does god exist?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does god exist if so prove it

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Not in my world.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe not God, but Jesus did!!

Which god are we talking about?

Can the existence of an omnipresent non physical being be proven?

People have their reasons for why they believe which is valid to them, not sure Gods existence needs proof, it is interwoven and intrinsic in peoples mindsets and experiences

I was raised a Christian. Not anymore and not for a very long time.

I don't believe in God, but each to their own

I believe in what I see ..thats all

I don't beleive but I have no judgements to those who do because we haven't had the same upbringing and experiences which shape belief.

He does for those who need him to to safely navigate this strange old world

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm personally not convinced and am aware of the level of evidence it would take to convince me. Believing in something and submitting to it are two different things.

I'm live and let live, as long as I receive the same courtesy.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

Yes I do

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

There is enough wonder and beauty in the natural world without the need to believe in the supernatural

Yes. Everyone I've ever had sex with has screamed his name over and over.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes. Everyone I've ever had sex with has screamed his name over and over. "

Yes my parents as they are my creators ...

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

No. I don't need an imaginary friend.

I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer

I think this is one of those questions that needs a clear definition of what a god actually is. Nature could be the god, as can science. Or both. Read any religious text and replace the word "god" with the word "nature" and it makes a lot more sense.

Yes... at least my ex-wife thought she was.

For me, no, but fully respectful of those who think otherwise. It’s a nice comforting thought for many.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.' 'But, says Man, the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.' 'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and vanishes in a puff of logic.

Douglas Adams

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Proof he exists that’s the question proof Jesus Christ existed came back from the dead walked on water etc

I don’t believe in an all seeing being who has control over my life or anything, I’ve grown up doing a lot of science based education so I’m a firm believer in the Big Bang but I think there must have been something that put the thing that blew up there

"I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer "

For me, total opposite. I did believe, family fell ill, I asked for help, family died, I lost faith

I'm agnostic, I would need hard proof to truly beleive but I'll not rule the idea of a God out entirely. I think religion and the belief of a higher power plays an important role in the morality of a large percentage of the human race. Wether a God exists or not, there is power in belief

Manchester (she/her)

"I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer "

No, I don't. I hope the doctors do their best and I or my family member have/ has strength.

I'm an atheist, I see religion as an outlet for weak people to cope. Just my take on it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 17/06/20 13:55:43]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It really depends what you mean by God.

If someone's faith brings them comfort then who am I to question it?

On a personal level I believe in trying to do good in the world as much as we can, however I don't do it because I'm looking for a golden ticket when I die.

I don't follow a set religion but nor do I condem people who do.

Who?

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Must do as women scream OMG during orgasm!

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Moelfre

I hope other people's god's do exist, belief systems are a huge help and comfort for some people in trying times.

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer

For me, total opposite. I did believe, family fell ill, I asked for help, family died, I lost faith"

And I am fully with your shattered faith. Same situation, family member who did no one any harm, spent her life helping others, saw herself go hungry to feed less fortunate. Gone... People have belief, they have faith, they have reasons. I fully believe that if there is an almighty God who created an "ideal" world then the suffering that you see on every side of the globe wouldn't be happening.

No belief and no faith from me I'm afraid.

oooh very controversial.

for a long time, i believed so.

sometimes now i still try to.

but if there was, why do so many awful things happen?

what could i have possibly done that was bad enough, that a 'god' would feel the need to take my baby back to the stars?

i guess you could say i lost faith after that.

P

"Must do as women scream OMG during orgasm! "

I don't

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I'm an atheist, I see religion as an outlet for weak people to cope. Just my take on it. "

He does for those people that need an emotional crutch and something to believe in. Or they have been indoctrinated from a young age and don't really have a mind of their own and don't no any difference! And then there are just the plain gulable.

"Does god exist if so prove it "

Read the bible

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Which God? Man has invented about 20000,that we know of

Manchester (she/her)

"Does god exist if so prove it

Read the bible "

I have. That's how I became an atheist.

"I'm an atheist, I see religion as an outlet for weak people to cope. Just my take on it.

He does for those people that need an emotional crutch and something to believe in. Or they have been indoctrinated from a young age and don't really have a mind of their own and don't no any difference! And then there are just the plain gulable. "

No i don't believe he did but people will always need to have something to believe in..and something to blame when it all goes tits up

This God when he turns up finally is in for some amount of grief ffs lol. who would want the job...

Love dogs, cats too bit especially dogs

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Agnosticism is the only true intellectual stance. We simply do not know. If you are a staunch believer or a staunch atheist you are a fundamentalist. If you quote the big bang ..something can't come from nothing you are invoking the god of the gaps philosophy. If we haven't an explanation God must have done it. The universe is calibrated in such a way that it does indicate intelligent design . Also the odds on us are being here are so prohibitive that it almost seems a miracle. I heard the analogy of an explosion in a junk yard and the result is a fully constructed jumbo jet. We are the result of a succession of fantastic events many catastrophic in nature that had they not occurred we wouldn't exist. I am anyi these and find the notion of resurrection and virgin births prophets riding to heaven on winged horses..ridiculous , But blind faith is an impediment to rational thought..doubt is a gift that tempers dogma and radicalisation

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm an atheist, I see religion as an outlet for weak people to cope. Just my take on it.

He does for those people that need an emotional crutch and something to believe in. Or they have been indoctrinated from a young age and don't really have a mind of their own and don't no any difference! And then there are just the plain gulable. "

Quite often people who say they don't believe in God start changing their mind towards the end of their life. My aunt did and she was the least gullible person I know. I honestly don't see a problem with people needing an emotional crutch and finding it in a faith. Better than finding it in a bottle

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Anti theist

Manchester (she/her)

I have no issue with people believing. It's just, don't drag me into it or assume that my stance is shallow and able to be threatened easily.

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

No

Neither do the other fictional mystical icons

All religions divide people and is designed to cause conflicts

Ray

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

About 99 percent of your body is made up of atoms of hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen. You also contain much smaller amounts of the other elements that are essential for life. This from a Google search.

Cannot believe we are just a mistake or an accident, I’ve read both sides of the argument inc Dawkins.

So I’m convinced in something after life but not totally convinced there’s a God.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think it's a mistake to confuse God and religion.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Who? "

Couldnt have put it better myself

Not in a conventional understanding of it. I’m still at the not knowing although I have glimpsed the inexplicable and experienced things that were beyond my comprehension. I know what the experiences were but don’t understand what they mean. What I do know is life unfolds in mysterious ways.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think God exists for lots of us when we come to a personal understanding of what God means *to us*

God never made us we made the idea of a God up because of the fear of dying and what happens next. Majority of wars have been over religious differences.

Read the bible "

Read Harry Potter too and I don’t believe in Hogwarts either but at least Harry Potter is entertaining

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"God never made us we made the idea of a God up because of the fear of dying and what happens next. Majority of wars have been over religious differences. "

What if God *is* us? What if when it says "God made man in his own image" what it really meant is "we made God in man's image"?

(What if god was) one of us

https://youtu.be/5G5XzQN_SDM

prove god doesnt exist?

"God never made us we made the idea of a God up because of the fear of dying and what happens next. Majority of wars have been over religious differences. "

Maybe, but the majority of wars were looking for any excuse, so remove religious influences and I'm sure they'll be replaced with another excuse?

Manchester (she/her)

"God never made us we made the idea of a God up because of the fear of dying and what happens next. Majority of wars have been over religious differences.

Maybe, but the majority of wars were looking for any excuse, so remove religious influences and I'm sure they'll be replaced with another excuse?"

Indeed. It's just in group/ out group stuff.

Read the bible

Read Harry Potter too and I don’t believe in Hogwarts either but at least Harry Potter is entertaining "

The bible is entertaining too

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Buddha existed, good enough for me I think

I doubt it - but what do I know.

I haven't really given the matter much thought - religion isn't a part of my life.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

The concept of God certainly exists. Whether there is a Devine being actually exists or not can’t be proven. But similarly it can’t be proven that one doesn’t exist. Ultimately it’s down to belief

Nope sorry

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Read the bible

Read Harry Potter too and I don’t believe in Hogwarts either but at least Harry Potter is entertaining

The bible is entertaining too"

I agree the bible is fascinating. Whether you like it or not all our lives have been shaped by it. For good and bad.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

When I was 5 I believed in Father christmas,The tooth fairy,The monster under the bed and God and few others that have slipt my mind! Not long after that age my parents never tried to influence my thoughts towards God or against God. It was at primary school were they tried to brain wash us every morning at assembly the headmaster would preach something and finish with a hym and a jolly sing song. Happy days though! Anyway one by one they became fantasy figures except God and the under the bed monster? I still firmly believe under the bed monster do exist!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Isnt The point belief?

Middlesbrough

Read the bible "

Bible takes the creation of the earth at the beginning of time from gods hands.

6 days with his feet up on Sunday.

Christian faith preach gods creation was the time when he sent his young man off on his travels to preach the word of faith... Somewhere around 2000 years ago.

NOW.... given that Greek history can be dated accurately back 4 and a half thousand years ago with Egyptian history running roughly around 3 and a half thousand years and this BEFORE the science gets involved to digging up bones of rather large lizards somewhere in the region of 64-65 MILLION years and fossils of aquatic oddments ranging from 750-350 MILLION years and then the estimated science of the lesser known "Big bang" that puts gods 6 day graft in at around 17.5 BILLION years.

Either this Bible has a few pages missing OR God has altered his Timesheet on his workrate.....

liverpool

"God never made us we made the idea of a God up because of the fear of dying and what happens next. Majority of wars have been over religious differences.

Maybe, but the majority of wars were looking for any excuse, so remove religious influences and I'm sure they'll be replaced with another excuse?"

Of course because God as conventionally understood was an ethnocentric construct, born from the magical and mythical thinking so inevitably it leads to ethnocentric tribal rivalries. Our beliefs are right, their beliefs are wrong and dangerous. We need to kill them. Then God become the lawmaker to control the masses and the churches evolved. But still the tribes wanted to impose their beliefs on others and oppression and warfare continued and witches got burnt. Then science became God as rationality dispelled the mythical notions. Not before a few scientists were killed or incarcerated for heresy. The enlightenment tried to kill of God with the scientific method and Dawkins is still at it..... then money became our God and capitalism its religion and its power ruled, turning us from subjects into consumers. We are still in the midst of this story of God, meanwhile the other stories are also playing out, while new stories emerge as we evolve with the planet being the Goddess and our humanity the God that have been abused by our rampant consumerism, hyperglobalisation, and kyriarchical society. Yet still that still small voice inside us whispers to us there is more........if we stop....and listen.....

Courtesy of YOWD brainfarts and useless information department ©?™?

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Read the bible

Christian faith preach gods creation was the time when he sent his young man off on his travels to preach the word of faith... Somewhere around 2000 years ago.

NOW.... given that Greek history can be dated accurately back 4 and a half thousand years ago with Egyptian history running roughly around 3 and a half thousand years and this BEFORE the science gets involved to digging up bones of rather large lizards somewhere in the region of 64-65 MILLION years and fossils of aquatic oddments ranging from 750-350 MILLION years and then the estimated science of the lesser known "Big bang" that puts gods 6 day graft in at around 17.5 BILLION years.

Either this Bible has a few pages missing OR God has altered his Timesheet on his workrate..... "

Does his boss know?

Middlesbrough

Read the bible

Either this Bible has a few pages missing OR God has altered his Timesheet on his workrate.....

Does his boss know?"

Probably not.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The existence of some omnipotent creator is impossible to conclusively prove, and impossible to conclusively disprove... so barring any incontrovertible miracles, it's not something I pay much attention to.

When it comes to individual religions and their own representations of a potential god... these tend to be ridiculous.

Manchester (she/her)

Read the bible

The bible is entertaining too

I agree the bible is fascinating. Whether you like it or not all our lives have been shaped by it. For good and bad. "

Absolutely. What a fascinating accident of history, that a set of religious/ historical texts were joined to other religious/historical texts, altered so entirely by another society, and have had such profound impact reverberating through millennia.

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

It is said there are no atheists in a fox hole, as they pray to god at the last minute. What about all the believers in a fox hole, all praying from the start and they die!

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No I dont believe any Gods exists.

If others choose to believe in one and follow a religion, that's fine with me.

I do find religion interesting and love lots of religious architecture.

Scunthorpe

"I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !!"

I have lost close family members and certainly never prayed. Why would I pray to an entity I don't believe exists?

I am aware that there are a number of people who do become religious when faced with their own death. The belief that there is something after must be comforting.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

If he does he a fucking arsehole.

All God has to do to make me believe is summon a pile of non-traceable, unmarked sterling bills to the amount of £5,999,999 and make it so that anyone who tries to spend it except me is turned into a dog.

For something that literally created the entire universe (allegedly) I see my request as ultimately trivial.

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

Indeed he does

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan  over a year ago

button moon

I hope he does as I'm hoping I get the answer to something later that I really want

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

No but I do understand why some people feel the need to believe in their God's.

I wish he did

Nice reply.

What an arsehole reply.

"If he does he a fucking arsehole."

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I have zero belief in any of the human invented God concepts

When discussing the existence of God it pretty much goes to mush

I do not think its existence can be discussed without agreeing the parameters

I for one define a God concept as a sentient orchestrator with no evolutionary beginning

I see zero evidence to substantiate this definition

Nature I do not think or energy do not fulfill the definition

He is everywhere, the creator of the earth and life, you have to believe to understand it

"Nice reply.

I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer "

That is right they would change their mind about it if that would happen.

By *ream3.14159Man  over a year ago

Here & there

Isn't he one of the judges in universe earth got talent!?

By *iggers51Man  over a year ago

tamworth

If there is a god, can he sort me a meet with a single woman, near me lolx

The "no atheist in a foxhole" fallacy is just a cheesy cliché at this point.

It's interesting that most people would expect an atheist to pray to the Xtian god for example and not Allah, or Zeus.

Almost as if they're resorting to the indoctrination as a child through some reflex over outright terror.

1) define "God"

2) define "existence"

3) define "proof"

So much depends on one's ontological position. Before we even get into theological debates we need to have agreed terminology, language is lies as Adorno puts it.

From an Empirical perspective, we can make observations about our universe and ascribe causes for them going back a certain way. Of course, from a theological perspective it is part of divine nature to be un-observable, although that in itself does not amount to proof, in any case, faith is another matter - The fact that some people believe in God makes his/her existence a spiritual truth. There are many truths. And truths may co-exist and contradict each other.

From a more pragmatic perspective, regardless of faith, live as though there is a loving God - Love each other.

Manchester (she/her)

"The "no atheist in a foxhole" fallacy is just a cheesy cliché at this point.

It's interesting that most people would expect an atheist to pray to the Xtian god for example and not Allah, or Zeus.

Almost as if they're resorting to the indoctrination as a child through some reflex over outright terror."

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I have no idea at all

ribble valley

If God does exist, the people on fab who claim to believe in him, surely will be going to hell. If I believed, I'd be in church. A lot.

ashby de la zouch

"Nice reply.

I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer That is right they would change their mind about it if that would happen."

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

No sir I do not did not and shall not

I'm pragmatic and thus do things that work

Let's be absolute

In my logic

I cannot know if an evil creator exists

I can know IF it existed it's a vile sadistic killer

I have zero desire to ask any thing from such a vile malevolent concept

So again shag say it to my face

How "they" will respond xxx

I do believe he exists. No I can't prove it to anyone, that's why it's a faith. However I have had experiences when I was a practising Christian that might mean to some that I am a mad woman and ill never deny they happened or that God does exist, however I am not currently in God's good books and yes I know what that means when I die.

Each to their own, live and let live whatever they believe in.

Thor exists, he just shouted very, very loudly at me!

Same goes for the opposite side. Does he not exist and if no, prove it. Both pointless really and we won't know the answer to either question

ashby de la zouch

Almost as if they're resorting to the indoctrination as a child through some reflex over outright terror."

Exactly

When I'm in a fox hole I intend to get out hoping a God existed would be a non credible act of futility

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I was a non believer once .., now I believe through various experiences that have happened to me ... and it’s all about Faith in the hardest of times ... easy when things are good not so easy when things are crap !!

"Nice reply.

I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer That is right they would change their mind about it if that would happen.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

How "they" will respond xxx"

I wont and we know that anyone would turn to god in those situations.

Nice reply again.

"I do believe he exists. No I can't prove it to anyone, that's why it's a faith. However I have had experiences when I was a practising Christian that might mean to some that I am a mad woman and ill never deny they happened or that God does exist, however I am not currently in God's good books and yes I know what that means when I die.

Each to their own, live and let live whatever they believe in. "

"Nice reply.

I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer That is right they would change their mind about it if that would happen.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

How "they" will respond xxx"

I'm no expert at all, but why is God an evil, sadistic killer?

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

No god would put my father through so much pain and suffering before he died.

So it’s a no from me

ashby de la zouch

Same goes for the opposite side. Does he not exist and if no, prove it. Both pointless really and we won't know the answer to either question "

You seriously expect me to argue a tea pot is not orbiting a star in the next galaxy?

It's always for the proposer of the concept to give validity to their idea

Or else the whole idea of rational discussion becomes a nonsense

Look I have been given over 200 differing concepts called God

If any one holds water the others do not

It's not for me to highlight why not a single one has enough data to convince me a truth may exist

I can KNOW ABSOLUTELY however that at very least 199 are completely human inventions

ribble valley

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

I'm no expert at all, but why is God an evil, sadistic killer?"

He told the Israelites to attack neighbouring tribes, and kill every man, woman and child but they were allowed to keep virgin girls as slaves. Pretty sadistic in my book.

ashby de la zouch

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

I'm no expert at all, but why is God an evil, sadistic killer?"

Go to Google

Post the result for paracite definition

God is defined as

Sentient creator

Ergo if it exists and a God exists the God wanted it to exist

A God concept that matches reality will always have both sadistic and creator in its definition

X

ashby de la zouch

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

How "they" will respond xxxI wont and we know that anyone would turn to god in those situations."

Iv been there shag

More than once

Same goes for the opposite side. Does he not exist and if no, prove it. Both pointless really and we won't know the answer to either question

You seriously expect me to argue a tea pot is not orbiting a star in the next galaxy?

It's not for me to highlight why not a single one has enough data to convince me a truth may exist

I can KNOW ABSOLUTELY however that at very least 199 are completely human inventions

"

True, most are human inventions, but still begs an answer to a simple question. If you say he does not exist, the onus is on you to prove it with reasonable and accepted facts ir theories.

By the way, I'm not saying he does or doesn't exist. Just saying that both sides need to prove their argument

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

Go to Google

God is defined as

Sentient creator

A God concept that matches reality will always have both sadistic and creator in its definition

X "

still doesn't answer my question. Why do YOU say that God is a sadistic killer. Proof? Links? Texts? Facts? History?

ashby de la zouch

True, most are human inventions, but still begs an answer to a simple question. If you say he does not exist, the onus is on you to prove it with reasonable and accepted facts ir theories.

By the way, I'm not saying he does or doesn't exist. Just saying that both sides need to prove their argument "

Ah that's quite an easy one

He is a human pro noun

It refers to a sex of a creature that procreates

A he has a number of attributes

Absolutely non of which

An eternal primary mover would ever have or need

A God can only ever be an it

Unless you define God as an evolved being

They can never be hod they are always called aliens

I have little doubt aliens exist somewhere in the cosmos

A creator with a sexual identity erm nah

ashby de la zouch

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

Go to Google

God is defined as

Sentient creator

X still doesn't answer my question. Why do YOU say that God is a sadistic killer. Proof? Links? Texts? Facts? History?"

Are you being obtuse???

No

By the way, I'm not saying he does or doesn't exist. Just saying that both sides need to prove their argument

He is a human pro noun

Absolutely non of which

"

still not answering my question???

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Sorry but does it really matter?

Those who believe are not doing any harm. Those who don't are not doing any harm.

Neither are likely to change their minds.

The largest problems in this world are people intent on forcibly telling others what they should believe in.

A shitty forum topic is not going to change the world.

Respects to all.

Scunthorpe

"

X still doesn't answer my question. Why do YOU say that God is a sadistic killer. Proof? Links? Texts? Facts? History?"

You can't apply facts and history.

However, based on the Christian bible alone, God drowned everyone apart from Noah and family.

There are many other biblical stories of God killing his "subjects".

In comparison the devil is positively benign.

If you want to learn,creed the bible and other religious texts.

By *hat BlokeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"I believe in what I see ..thats all"
so you don’t believe in air? Or bacteria and viruses? But when it comes to God, I think it’s bizarre that adults would believe in the great sky fairy. Whichever flavour it comes in.

Scunthorpe

* read the bible...

"Nice reply.

Shag I am "they"

Say that directly to me

Let's be absolute

In my logic

Go to Google

God is defined as

Sentient creator

X still doesn't answer my question. Why do YOU say that God is a sadistic killer. Proof? Links? Texts? Facts? History?

Are you being obtuse???"

No. I'm asking you why you are saying that? And to prove your point. Simple, straightforward question. Which i would like to know your answer to

Nope. It's made up to keep people in line.

I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family.

No

It's a vehicle to make money and control the masses

The bible was written years after the supposed event

Ever heard of Chinese whispers?

ashby de la zouch

He is a human pro noun

Absolutely non of which

still not answering my question???"

Actually I did

I said two clear comments

One

I have zero belief in any of the human invented God concepts

I am absolutely not saying that a God does not exist

I'm saying I have not witnessed and data for me to form a conclusion it might do

I absolutely cannot prove A non defined concept either exists or does not

Give me a precice definition Il decide if it just does not seem remotely tangible and it has not convinced me or it has a part which I can about refute

Second if you define God as a he I'll refute that have done

Disagree with my analysis cool that's for you to dissect and illustrate my errors thanks x

"I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family."

How can "he" have done that if you don't believe? Surely that just something that happens to a non believer?

ashby de la zouch

"* read the bible..."

Absolutely everyone should

Just dont believe a word of it

Mostly vile hatred and bronze age masochism

Followed by a bit of taoist peace

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

But then there would be no need for faith .....

Prove you exist

we believe that there is so much we dont know about. Gravity is one it exists but no one can explain where the energy to create the force of gravity comes from !!! As to god we leave it with the explanation of above as a total unknown...was it originally something to provide an explanation for unknown events that was then used to manipulate humanity ? Possibly..who knows...as I was told pain is good for you proves your alive have you ever heard a dead person complain of pain...?

ashby de la zouch

"I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family.

How can "he" have done that if you don't believe? Surely that just something that happens to a non believer?"

That's unfair

It's obvious the "because if it did then it ....."

Was ommitted

Vile vile shit happens on this planet

As evolved animals on a molten ball of iron and silicon flying around a nuclear fusion bomb at over 10 00 mph I can handle what happens and admire the magical beauty when it occurs no sentience requires no blame only observation and understanding

Suggest a mind orchestrated what we experience then I would indeed suggest that mind sadistic x

This forum is not suitable for me to write out the thesis I'd need to argue against the existence of God.

I'd need like 3-5 pages to address all the common points people make for and against God.

ashby de la zouch

"This forum is not suitable for me to write out the thesis I'd need to argue against the existence of God.

I'd need like 3-5 pages to address all the common points people make for and against God."

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not for me. Think it's a load of nonsense haha. But each to their own!

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

I am a god

Scunthorpe

"* read the bible...

Absolutely everyone should

Just dont believe a word of it

Mostly vile hatred and bronze age masochism

Followed by a bit of taoist peace "

Quite, hence my previous post.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

...So are you.

What a stupid reply.

People die.

"I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family."

ashby de la zouch

"What a stupid reply.

People die.

I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family."

That's pretty callous

God exists … because when he made me, he gave me the world’s most beautiful cock.

He said, go forth K, and tell all the women of the world,

The whole world exists between your legs, and …

your whole world spins around my cock …

For God is good, he sent his servant to bring hope to the needy and cock for the greedy !

By *iggydog78Man  over a year ago

London

TAA-DAA!!!!

Hi...

Nope, my bestest forumite on the whole of fab just left, I'm gutted. God wouldn't allow that!

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

No

I'm not sure what is behind it all but I don't believe that once we die that is the end forever.

I grew up in a religious family and somtimes when I'm out and I come across a church which is open, I walk inside and feel just so content and relaxed. Like an instant feeling of calm.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

There are no atheists on the battlefield.

By *aastyKnixWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Can you define "existence"?

So what ?

"What a stupid reply.

People die.

I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family.

That's pretty callous "

Scunthorpe

"So what ?

What a stupid reply.

People die.

That's pretty callous "

Nastiness is unnecessary and unpleasant.

"What a stupid reply.

People die.

I don't think he does because he's taken away pretty much everyone from my close family."

If you think it's stupid - it's your opinion. My mum died of heart attack at the age of 63. My dad died in tragic accident when he was 43. A friend I was a maid of honour to was murdered at the age of 39.

I have no reason to believe in anything anymore.

Its not nasty at all.

Its my opinion of which im entitled.

"So what ?

What a stupid reply.

People die.

That's pretty callous

Nastiness is unnecessary and unpleasant. "

Scunthorpe

"Its not nasty at all.

Its my opinion of which im entitled.

So what ?

What a stupid reply.

People die.

That's pretty callous

Nastiness is unnecessary and unpleasant. "

Everyone is entitled to disagree. However, there are much nicer ways to disagree. Calling someone stupid is uncalled for.

I think the concept of God, creator, is beyond human comprehension, a level of existence and intelligence so above ours we would never be able to grasp it. You only have to look at the world and the complexity of the animals and plants in it to be in awe of whoever created it. Just the beauty of a simple flower, or a beautiful sunset, or a loving pet, would make you believe only God could create such perfection in a world where every thing has to have a answer.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok keep it civil please

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

Samuel, Hebrew name of God.

God, Dildo in French.

I exist and so do dildos.

Hmm, perhaps I should build a religion on these facts. Please send £100 to my personal bank account and murder your nextdoor neighbour.

Peace will never exist with religion.

Please send money.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

If he knocked on my door and categorically proved his existence, I'd still tell him to get fucked.

By *j251Man  over a year ago

Coventry

I think we can appreciate the Who designed the Designer? Philosophical debate

As a god essentially is a being outside of the natural world, a god can neither be discovered nor invalidated by science alone

So, the natural progression of this debate is that a god’s existence must be, surely, philosophical; not quite abductive reasoning of course, sorry Mr Adams

Yet, one can debate that a beginning is an ending and an ending is a beginning, which one can see dotted through history and numerous cultures. Mr Adams may well have cut short his elegant ongoing hypothosis that as the poof of smoke began to dissipate, a god would dust himself/herself down and say maybe, "Right, now where was I?...."

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Why must I prove what I believe?

Not for me . But if it gives someone comfort then I’m good with that

Why?

"I believe in what I see ..thats all"

You believe in air don't you?

"I bet half of you will say a little prayer if you or one of your family gets taken ill !! They say them none believers always start believing when there on death door .. each to there own I suppose .. I my self .. am a believer

For me, total opposite. I did believe, family fell ill, I asked for help, family died, I lost faith"

No offence but we're not immortal. We may be born with an expiry date, so prayers won't change that.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"I believe in what I see ..thats all

You believe in air don't you? "

Yes, but that's palpably evident. I also believe in many other things you can't see. But you can detect them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm not a believer in any god. I understand that humans have had thousands of gods throughout our existence and I assume that whichever ones people believed in were just coincidental with the era that they lived. It was sods law that they just had the options of their era.

As human society increased in size the type of god typically became more all-seeing and all-knowing. I interpret this as convenient for the tribal leaders who suddenly could rest more easily knowing that people were too frightened to break rules that a leader had made. Convenient!

Religions have reflected the era of the day, probably because they were human inspired. They served those peoples needs at those times.

Just as with psychic phenomena, there's no evidence or actual known capabilities that allow things like this to exist or operate. There's much that we don't know but everything that we do doesn't support it, nor is there evidence for any of them, outside of what the human mind is capable of.

well put

Allah, jehovah and yahweh are the same (Abrahamic) God.

By *reatformeatWoman  over a year ago

my own bubble

God knows

ashby de la zouch

"I think the concept of God, creator, is beyond human comprehension, a level of existence and intelligence so above ours we would never be able to grasp it. You only have to look at the world and the complexity of the animals and plants in it to be in awe of whoever created it. Just the beauty of a simple flower, or a beautiful sunset, or a loving pet, would make you believe only God could create such perfection in a world where every thing has to have a answer. "

I agree malaria is very intricate and tuberculosis is utterly divine

If you want god to exist then he does

All religions are good teachings so if a god works for you then that’s just fine

"If God does exist, the people on fab who claim to believe in him, surely will be going to hell. If I believed, I'd be in church. A lot. "

What an absurd idea. Why, because your narrow definition of the god you don't believe in, is not universal.

ashby de la zouch

"If you want god to exist then he does

All religions are good teachings so if a god works for you then that’s just fine "

No not all religions are good teachings even believers know that they need to ignore many parts of their doctrines and concentrate on more humanist earthly morals

liverpool

Why must I prove what I believe? "

The whole point of God is belief and faith.

If you knew god existed there would be no need for faith.

I'm unsure myself..I dont like those crackpot evangelists in America but similiar I dont like the people who sneer at people who do.

I dont think religions are to blame for wars.Men cause wars in the name of religion.

He is a human pro noun

Absolutely non of which

"

Your last sentence - god transcends gender.

"

X still doesn't answer my question. Why do YOU say that God is a sadistic killer. Proof? Links? Texts? Facts? History?

However, based on the Christian bible alone, God drowned everyone apart from Noah and family.

"

God transcends good and evil as they are human constructs.

"No

It's a vehicle to make money and control the masses

The bible was written years after the supposed event

Ever heard of Chinese whispers?

"

Your poss thinking of the new testament.

All religions are good teachings so if a god works for you then that’s just fine

No not all religions are good teachings even believers know that they need to ignore many parts of their doctrines and concentrate on more humanist earthly morals

"

Agreed to some extent I’m no expert but my take is if you follow a religion and it’s good teaching your be fine but if an individual wants to interpret it for the wrong reason then that’s a different ball game

Nothing wrong in having a god at all regardless of what science will tell us religion and science can live side by side

ashby de la zouch

He is a human pro noun

Absolutely non of which

Your last sentence - god transcends gender. "

To fill in the gaps of your declaration

You have made up with zero data an idea about a God concept

And thank you

My whole point was illustrating that a person who suggests a "he" God exists is likely wrong as IF a creator existed IT would not need gender

However your assertion that a God exists is of course only baseless opinion

My assertion that no God concept has convinced me its plausible is of course undeniable fact

It does not however assert I know or think a God does not exist

It says

Of all those imagined they are unconvincing to me

And on the idea a God may exist I have not tried to imagine one that does or can xxx

He has a Twitter account.

OK so this is going to be the shortest essay on this topic i've ever written.

"Why does evil happen?" - Because God created the universe so he determined ahead of time what counts as evil and good, so either they is no morality, or God's idea of 'goodness' is just the human idea of 'evil' i.e. murder, r*pe, pestilence, genocide, volcanoes, famine, plague etc.

"I feel something spiritual about life" - Great! has literaly nothing to do with a God existing. It's just a part of the universe you actually connect to in some way.

"I had this meaningful experience once" - Fantastic! This gives you meaning in life. Just don't tell other's that must be God because you need to believe to hang onto that meaning. As it's just that. A reason to hang onto a nice feeling.

"The universe had to come from somewhere"

The universe is everywhere so it either was always here, just in a different form, or it came from some other concept of existence. None of which God explains, because where or how did God come about? It just begs the question on the puzzle you're trying to solve.

"There are no atheists on the battlefield!"

Yes there are. They probably saved your arse whilst you were crying and praying to the void. Pull your head out your backside and grow a spine.

"I just feel there's some higher power"

Probably the most honest response anyone can give. You have some intuition about something more than just yourself, which is enviable because it means you care about others and their desires. Try to grow and explore that feeling in a rational manner and see where it leads you to.

"Something X in the universe can't be explained therefore God"

Saying God explains it without providing a mechanism as to how, doesn't explain anything. It's just a placeholder, and a god of the gaps argument. Come up with a reason WHY it's god not why something else doesn't explain it.

"prove god exists? Prove YOU exist!"

I think, therefore I am. This got solved by Descartes centuries ago. NEXT!

"It doesn't matter what we believe, we just all need to get along"

I whole heartedly agree with the second part, but there's a whole bunch of people excusing their murderous behaviour toward other humans in the name of God, and they write entire books to justify those evil acts in his name too!

"We can't prove god doesn't exist"

This is certainly true of some definitions of God, but not others. An omnipotent and omniscient god cannot exist because then he could know what he was going to do and then do otherwise, or create a rock even he couldn't lift. Both impossible scenarios.

"We need to have faith"

That's more of a George Michael thing than a Jesus thing, and you know it. Michael probably did more for your life with his music than that other guy.

"I hope God exists"

Really? If you've seen what he's done with the place. He has a LOT to answer for, so we're probably better off assuming he doesn't and fixing those problems ourselves.

"You need a mind to create the universe"

Maybe, but calling that mind God is a bit redundant when no-one can even define what kind of mind that would be... maybe a prime mover that is ultimately indistinguishable from a natural force? Well then what a 'mind' truly is, is irrelevent to the question. As it's just another natural law like Spinoza's god.

My philosophy lecturer would probably punch me in the gut for such a rushed reply, but i'll be damned if i'm writing all this out in full. You can look up endless YouTube videos on the topic to get a more in depth response.

- Hail Satan, may Cthulu end us all mercifully!

Of course God exists, does anyone want a signed autograph.

Zeus

ashby de la zouch

Agreed to some extent I’m no expert but my take is if you follow a religion and it’s good teaching your be fine but if an individual wants to interpret it for the wrong reason then that’s a different ball game

Nothing wrong in having a god at all regardless of what science will tell us religion and science can live side by side "

I think we will find its humanity and not the new testament that has mitigated the horrendous treatment towards women and children that the torah advocated

Jesus nowhere tells us that a menstruating woman is not un clean as the ot tells us

Nor does the new testament counter women as a commodity

Or does jesus condemn the justice of a lady who is rxped

"

"

Can you qoute any of the texts saying that God killed his subjects for no reason?

If we go by text, there were very strict laws punishable by death. Much like the death penalty for murderers in America (which by the way I think should still be the law anywhere in the world). The flood you could say that killed a lot of people? If you do quote that, then you clearly have not read Genesis 6 and any mone canonised related text. There was a very good reason for that. Not enough space here to explain, but you can message me if you're interested in all the boring stuff.

And no, I'm not some religious zealot, it was just part of a study I did and research into something called 'the genesis 6 experiment' which is a whole can of worms that devide even biblical scholars. All to do with 'fallen angels' and the mixed race created that was an abomination etc etc. A very interesting subject and to some people maybe tin foil hat territory