FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What upsets you more ... ??

What upsets you more ... ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Cruelty to Animals or

Cruelty to other People ??

The reason I ask this is because if I watch a video of , for example , killings of elephants or people kicking dogs , I get far more emotional than watching a video of someone getting shot .

Now before you all jump on me , theres a reason I ask this .

Do you think we as a race , see so much human death and violence on screen , that we have become desensitized to human suffering and therefore get more upset on a personal level seeing animal cruelty??

Just a thought !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Killing animals...

Animals for the majority aren't vindictive, evil, or intentionally cruel.

They are what they are, they kill for food, to defend themselves, and that's pretty much it. They manage to maintain the status quo with other species where possible and avoid conflict.

Humans however.. well we're just a big old bag of dicks...

We kill for pleasure, we're spiteful, selfish, take pleasure in the harm of others. Then throw into the mix we kill animals for sport, or simply because we can.

Animals don't deserve to suffer at the hand of humans.

Other Humans obviously don't deserve to suffer but I think as a species we're just d&cks.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmm I agree with you , I don't know why it is.

I watched after life... the very worst/saddest moment was the dog.. barking don't do it dad, don't leave me on my own"...

Shut I'm welling up just thinking about it

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

For me it's cruelty to humans but in particular children or babies.

I feel anger when I see cruelty to animals but it isn't the same. It's maybe because I grew up on a farm? I don't have that deep connection which some of friends do with their fur babies.

Den of Iniquity

"Killing animals...

Animals for the majority aren't vindictive, evil, or intentionally cruel.

They are what they are, they kill for food, to defend themselves, and that's pretty much it. They manage to maintain the status quo with other species where possible and avoid conflict.

Humans however.. well we're just a big old bag of dicks...

We kill for pleasure, we're spiteful, selfish, take pleasure in the harm of others. Then throw into the mix we kill animals for sport, or simply because we can.

Animals don't deserve to suffer at the hand of humans.

Other Humans obviously don't deserve to suffer but I think as a species we're just d&cks. "

Agreed well put

Den of Iniquity

"Hmm I agree with you , I don't know why it is.

I watched after life... the very worst/saddest moment was the dog.. barking don't do it dad, don't leave me on my own"...

Shut I'm welling up just thinking about it "

Now you see I get that, I watched it too and I almost sobbed at the exact same bit

Den of Iniquity

"For me it's cruelty to humans but in particular children or babies.

I feel anger when I see cruelty to animals but it isn't the same. It's maybe because I grew up on a farm? I don't have that deep connection which some of friends do with their fur babies. "

That's understandable and an absolutely valid opinion

I do believe people have become desensitised to seeing cruelty and harm to other humans, probably because of graphic films.

I know this will sound oxymornic as I do hunt animals, but I hate seeing animals being mistreated, I think factory farming is also terrible, hence why I prefer hunting and fishing.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel anger when I see cruelty to animals but it isn't the same. It's maybe because I grew up on a farm? I don't have that deep connection which some of friends do with their fur babies. "

Agreed. I didn't grow up on a farm but I think there were more rural/ farming influences in my upbringing than a typical suburban girl.

I have a much more utilitarian attitude to some (some!) treatment of animals that I'd never have for humans. (Like, there are factors to be considered when working out what resources to use on animals, or humanely putting them down or culling animal populations is justified in some circumstances, sort of thing. This does not and will never apply to pets)

I used to feel the same and then I had a baby and now I feel more for humans, especially if they're vulnerable like a baby, child, someone with a disability or a person who is elderly.

I think that plays a part with animals too, they are so vunerable and can't protect themselves and it's difficult to watch them being abused when they are powerless.

Den of Iniquity

"I used to feel the same and then I had a baby and now I feel more for humans, especially if they're vulnerable like a baby, child, someone with a disability or a person who is elderly.

I think that plays a part with animals too, they are so vunerable and can't protect themselves and it's difficult to watch them being abused when they are powerless. "

I absolutely get that , ones own children would and should come before anything else

Den of Iniquity

I feel anger when I see cruelty to animals but it isn't the same. It's maybe because I grew up on a farm? I don't have that deep connection which some of friends do with their fur babies.

Agreed. I didn't grow up on a farm but I think there were more rural/ farming influences in my upbringing than a typical suburban girl.

I have a much more utilitarian attitude to some (some!) treatment of animals that I'd never have for humans. (Like, there are factors to be considered when working out what resources to use on animals, or humanely putting them down or culling animal populations is justified in some circumstances, sort of thing. This does not and will never apply to pets)"

Yep I get that too

Aren't we all mammals?

But I get your point, I do get more upset about animals then humans.

Den of Iniquity

"Aren't we all mammals?

But I get your point, I do get more upset about animals then humans. "

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I get equally upset. Its inhumane to be cruel to another living being.

I do think that we see so much cruelty to people presented as entertainment that it can be very easy to become desensitised.

Den of Iniquity

"I get equally upset. Its inhumane to be cruel to another living being.

I do think that we see so much cruelty to people presented as entertainment that it can be very easy to become desensitised. "

Yes exactly , that was the point I was trying to convey.

It's not necessarily right, but it is the way if things nowadays

Den of Iniquity

"I get equally upset. Its inhumane to be cruel to another living being.

I do think that we see so much cruelty to people presented as entertainment that it can be very easy to become desensitised.

Yes exactly , that was the point I was trying to convey.

It's not necessarily right, but it is the way if things nowadays "

* of

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Against animals makes me far more upset ... I don’t care about people at all ...

I’d far sooner protect an animal over a person ..

Den of Iniquity

"Against animals makes me far more upset ... I don’t care about people at all ...

I’d far sooner protect an animal over a person .. "

I guess for me it depends on the circumstances of the particular situation

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

A shooting wouldn't upset me as much as someone physically attacking a human or an animal,

I suppose because it's a less personal act... We see shooting all the time on films so that will desensitize it, but to hands on try to hurt another on purpose I couldn't bear it

Against animals

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Always animals.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't know how anyone can think inhumane behaviour is OK on any level really. It's really sad that we've got to the stage that so many fictionalised and dramatised accounts of killings and harm towards people have made us in different towards it in real life.

» Add a new message to this topic