FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Self Pity?

Self Pity?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entish_Heathen OP   Man  over a year ago

Chatham

Morning all. I've been suffering with depression for a while.

Lockdown has made it tremendously difficult, but I have been doing my best and offering chat and support to others.

It would be my sister's birthday today, I miss her terribly.

Last night, I received a charming message from someone, saying that they had dealt with enough self pity in real life and didn't want it in their fantasy life.

They seem offended that I was thanking people who had chatted with me, because it means a lot when someone gets in touch.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Block 'em. You don't need someone else's negative opinion.

I hope today isn't too trying for you, chum.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mate, ignore the arseholes. Three months of isolation will affect the strongest of minds. I don't mind admitting to the odd bout of anxiety-induced insomnia during lockdown. Too much time to yourself provides ample opportunity to dwell on stuff. You'll get through it. Keep going.

By *quarerootMan  over a year ago

Helston

"Block 'em. You don't need someone else's negative opinion.

I hope today isn't too trying for you, chum. "

What a lovely, thoughtful and supportive message!

Chatham

"Block 'em. You don't need someone else's negative opinion.

I hope today isn't too trying for you, chum. "

They blocked me shortly after.

Thank you for your kind thoughts

Chatham

"Mate, ignore the arseholes. Three months of isolation will affect the strongest of minds. I don't mind admitting to the odd bout of anxiety-induced insomnia during lockdown. Too much time to yourself provides ample opportunity to dwell on stuff. You'll get through it. Keep going."

Thank you, keep strong too, there are those that will listen and that means a huge amount

Just shows how ridiculous some people are, try to ignore these sort, and hope you have a fab day

Shallow people do not deserve your sense of deep feeling

Chatham

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I was just so incredulous that people can be so cold.

"Morning all. I've been suffering with depression for a while.

Lockdown has made it tremendously difficult, but I have been doing my best and offering chat and support to others.

Last night, I received a charming message from someone, saying that they had dealt with enough self pity in real life and didn't want it in their fantasy life.

They seem offended that I was thanking people who had chatted with me, because it means a lot when someone gets in touch."

A message like that says absolutely everything about them, and nothing about you. Don’t own their issue, just leave them to their negativity.

Hope you’re ok.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. I was just so incredulous that people can be so cold."

Hugs and love PM me if you wish xxx

Chatham

They seem offended that I was thanking people who had chatted with me, because it means a lot when someone gets in touch.

A message like that says absolutely everything about them, and nothing about you. Don’t own their issue, just leave them to their negativity.

Hope you’re ok. "

Thank you, I'm a big fan people have been so nice this morning x

I will admit that sometimes on here and another site that I use I worry about being too open as to how I am feeling. On the other site I took down most of my writings about personal stuff

I know many come to sites like this to escape real life and not everyone likes to read about people's struggles. However it takes a lot to admit that someone is struggling and often even writing about it publicly can help someone, even if no one responds to it

so stay safe and stay well and take it one step at a time, like many of us try to do

Chatham

You people are amazing, I am truly thankful for the comments and messages.

I was wary of posting this topic, I have tried not to be negative and have been actively trying to chat and support others that are feeling the same.

This is a swingers website which is plain to the naughty naked eye but as such the forums are public and no one forced any one to read posts or reply to posts!!!

Your struggles are your struggles and I hope that you have the support and personal strength to get through what ever the real world throws at you but as for fab it’s just a crazy site full of nice and nasty but it is what it is.

I’m all for doing what you need to do to keep your head above water and if that’s moaning or looking for sympathy that fuck it do what you need.

And if 30 people reply with hugs and one with shrugs then take the hugs and block and ignore the shrugs.

People can write any bollox on here and a lot do but you op just be true to who you are.

Best of luck and stay safe and happy.

T

That message says more about them than it does about you.

BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

1 day at a time

They might be going through some bad shit themselves. Seeing you thanking people for help may have made them feel even worse if they have no support. Kind of in a jealous way.

Or they could be the type who don't care about people and just want to fuck a hole and you knocked them right off their wank stroke!

Virtual hugs for you.

Chatham

"They might be going through some bad shit themselves. Seeing you thanking people for help may have made them feel even worse if they have no support. Kind of in a jealous way.

Or they could be the type who don't care about people and just want to fuck a hole and you knocked them right off their wank stroke!

Virtual hugs for you. "

Indeed, nobody likes to be put off lol, thank you for your reply x

I think any medium that gives someone the opportunity to say how they are feeling should be welcomed. It's difficult enough for men (and women) to be open and honest at the best of times. The fact you've had so many messages of support is very encouraging (and not surprising!)

We can all have demons to deal with and being encouraged to be able to share can only be a good thing.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry you're dealing with that, OP.

By *he-Curious-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Rhondda

Anxiety takes down the strongest of folk. No ones immune. I’ve suffered years upon years with the black dog plaguing my mind. Some days are better than others but mostly my life’s a struggle. Was hard to admit before but now I tell anyone. I’m not ashamed and neither should anyone else be.

Continue to reach out, those that matter don’t mind and ones who mind, don’t matter.

"They might be going through some bad shit themselves. Seeing you thanking people for help may have made them feel even worse if they have no support. Kind of in a jealous way.

Virtual hugs for you.

Indeed, nobody likes to be put off lol, thank you for your reply x"

Hope I made you laugh. x

It sounds like you're having a rough time.

Take each day as it comes, what really makes you laugh? I watched 6 episodes of 'young offenders' it's makes me piss. I find it very warm and love the relationship between the lads and the mum.

Try and find small joys and in simple things.

PM if you need to x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

They seem offended that I was thanking people who had chatted with me, because it means a lot when someone gets in touch."

Thanks for sharing that. I myself have some similar emotional challenges and this current isolation is no help at all. But you're stronger than you imagine, lots of genuine people on here are sending you kind thoughts... Youre not on your own mate.

Best of luck and if it helps at all pm me.

» Add a new message to this topic