FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What news app do you use?

What news app do you use?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm looking to download an app onto my phone, I'm hoping for some kind of unbiased news feed, with notifications if there is something urgent or extremely interesting happening.

Do you have a suggestion?

I don't really have a favourite newspaper, only those I prefer to avoid like the Daily mail.

I wondered if someone could suggest what they feel is a worthwhile news app? Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Twitter.

I read the daily mail sometimes, and I read the comments. I know if I disagree with the top voted comments, I’m all good. If I agree with them, I take a good, long hard look at myself.

I tend to look at left media and also right wing new groups, see where both sides are coming from., not sure if any news is impartial or unbiased nowadays..

"Twitter.

I read the daily mail sometimes, and I read the comments. I know if I disagree with the top voted comments, I’m all good. If I agree with them, I take a good, long hard look at myself. "

I thought I was the only 'odd' one that did this .

I mean odd in the nicest possible way

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

There is no such thing as an unbiased news source.

I read loads of news from all sorts of different sources. My favourite newspapers are the Guardian and the Independent although I enjoy reading alternative perspectives from the Times, Telegraph. I only check tabloids infrequently. I have both BBC News and Sky News apps on my phone and use them as a springboard as well as Twitter LinkedIn and FB friends. I read a lot of journal articles from posts on there. I also have a free subscription to an app called Medium, that has some great articles.

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Moelfre

I think we all gravitate towards a paper that reflects our own values. We know that all media has a certain bias but it's better to read articles that have your particular spin on them. So, Guardian all the way.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I use the BBC app. Luke

My phone has upday pre installed which gives you the top 10 headlines from all the news agencies that day...

There is also an app

BBC News app works for me

I too use the BBC app although there is bias there too!

use quiet a few different sources..some obscure ones as well but definitely get a different perspective most of the times...RT russia today gives some good laughs with its state view point reporting al jazeera also a different view point...at least get a more informed opinion of events when read from very wide sources and views..not just the western media outlets..

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you to everyone who commented, maybe I will download a few and then uninstall some after I have found which seems to work best for me.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think we all gravitate towards a paper that reflects our own values. We know that all media has a certain bias but it's better to read articles that have your particular spin on them. So, Guardian all the way."

Ha ha me too.

I also use Twitter (follow various commentators and experts - law, public health, public policy, virology, medicine at the moment) but I never read the Daily Mail. It's not good for my blood pressure.

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

Google and take in the big picture from multiple sources.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sky news

Daily Heil is the worst without a doubt.

I dont use apps for news apart from Twitter sometimes. just go to their websites. Mainly Guardian, Independent, BBC. But do like to read different sources if I have time for comparison of reporting the same crucial events.

By *ewforestguyMan  over a year ago

England

"Twitter.

I read the daily mail sometimes, and I read the comments. I know if I disagree with the top voted comments, I’m all good. If I agree with them, I take a good, long hard look at myself. "

100% twitter. A lot quicker than news apps and usually a lot more accurate and trustworthy.

"Thank you to everyone who commented, maybe I will download a few and then uninstall some after I have found which seems to work best for me."

That's a very good idea.

Manchester (she/her)

I also use blogs. The Law and Policy Blog is excellent if you're interested in government regulation (which is very important for our civil liberties now more than ever). I read several science blogs.

I'm also sent news from overseas, and it's often interesting to see different perspectives.

I use Flipboard, amongst some other things I look at. You can choose which topics to follow with that app and it collects news stories from around the web. It's decent.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"I read loads of news from all sorts of different sources. My favourite newspapers are the Guardian and the Independent although I enjoy reading alternative perspectives from the Times, Telegraph. I only check tabloids infrequently. I have both BBC News and Sky News apps on my phone and use them as a springboard as well as Twitter LinkedIn and FB friends. I read a lot of journal articles from posts on there. I also have a free subscription to an app called Medium, that has some great articles."

Guardian for me also, editorial independence is written into the trust that owns it

"I too use the BBC app although there is bias there too! "

News is news

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

I use the app pocket to have it read out via text to speach articles I save from all over the Internet.

Reuters or ap (associated press) are my go to. They provide the most unbiased coverage.

Or business news app.

They lack emotional stories but the information is logical with no political leaning. Like Investing and oilprice.com.

How many people new thus month Russia has causes a massive ecological disaster spilling diesel near the arctic?

I also like rt,South china morning post and Al jazeera for news from around the world. But you have take them with a huge pinch of salt. As they all have political interests but they provide news and a perspective you don't get in the uk

The Washington Post is good for long form investigation peices but. Its rare anyone has time for them these days and I even have the articles read to me

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Comments on Facebook, it's the most reliable.

I'm reliably informed covid19 is just the flu.

It started in a lab.

Bill gates wants to kill us all.

The USA actually released the virus in China as part of the military Olympics.

The earth is flat.

Guardian. But also read other websites.

Manchester (she/her)

"Guardian. But also read other websites."

Variety is definitely important.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Comments on Facebook, it's the most reliable.

I'm reliably informed covid19 is just the flu.

It started in a lab.

Bill gates wants to kill us all.

The USA actually released the virus in China as part of the military Olympics.

The earth is flat.

"

All Facts

hiding from cock pics.

"I use Flipboard, amongst some other things I look at. You can choose which topics to follow with that app and it collects news stories from around the web. It's decent."

I just had a look at this and really like it

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

RT

"I use Flipboard, amongst some other things I look at. You can choose which topics to follow with that app and it collects news stories from around the web. It's decent.

I just had a look at this and really like it"

Cool, glad you like it

» Add a new message to this topic